As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resistance: Fall of Man [NSF28k]

124»

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah too bad the 6X (as it will heretofore be known as, so says I) is sold out everywhere.

My headset appears to work ok. It's a Motorola HS850. It's not really loud enough with my .. uahh.. 1100 watt home theater system cranked up... but oh well. So far I've talked to 1 guy, it was a little hard to understand what he's saying with all the guns and bombs and shit ... heheh.

In other news, playing against 12 members of a clan with me on a team of newbs (with zero headsets) is bullshit. Also, gay. They really need to do something about the matchmaking system, which apparently at this time is programmed thusly:

10 throw in whoever
    20 start game

jwalk on
  • Options
    CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So yeah, I beat it on Medium difficulty. 'Boo' for having no real [spoiler:c4ca5486e9]boss fight.[/spoiler:c4ca5486e9] They didn't even amp up the waves of enemies. The whole game was really a breeze except that I simply could not see doors that were right in front of my face without throwing my TV's brightness WAY out of whack.

Also, the bits of intel I got mentions [spoiler:c4ca5486e9]the Cloven[/spoiler:c4ca5486e9] a lot, but they seem irrelevant to everything. Throughout the game, [spoiler:c4ca5486e9]I see their guys lying dead around me and hear their strange radio talk,[/spoiler:c4ca5486e9] but that doesn't explain anything either. It actually makes the game LESS enjoyable when they leave things unexplained to that extent (why bother mentioning them at all?). If they want to try to set up a[spoiler:c4ca5486e9]sequel with it, they should have made some mention in the cinematics or saved their sequel-bait for the next game.[/spoiler:c4ca5486e9]
    Dashui wrote:
    jwalk wrote:
    My headset is here! I look like Mr. Spock with this dumb thing in my ear... thank god I shall not be going outside the house with it...

If you're at the first stalker, I killed it just by... shooting it.. alot... with guns. Go figure! I know about supposedly shooting it in the back of the head.. and I did maybe, once or twice.. otherwise I just circle-strafed and shot it with the Bullseye n stuff. If you keep moving, it won't hit you at all.

I said it wasn't that one above. That one was easy; the one I'm against now leaves you little room to maneuver. Apparently a good rocket launcher can take care of him, if only I had one. I'll give it a whirl later tonight.

The rocket launcher is in the room [spoiler:c4ca5486e9]with all the mist and menials approaching you.[/spoiler:c4ca5486e9]

You actually start this level in that part. I usually accidentally pick it up while I'm still rifle-butting those guys to save ammo.

CZroe on
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but there is no way I can beat this one's OP without stealing it outright.

Anyway, I just fleeced some guy for his PS3 with this game and Need for Speed: Carbon for 400 dollars and thought I would pop in for some lively discussion.

First off, does anyone play the multiplayer anymore? I've been wanting to check it out, but I don't have a headset that works at the moment.

Second, I smell a sequel.

Third, the guy I bought it from said there is a personal shield much in the style of the one found in Halo 3. Is this something that's unlocked for the second playthrough? Is he just yankin' my chain? Will Hale ever realize he is just one letter away from Halo?

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    Dashui wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:
    YES HOW DARE THEY NOT HELP YOU OUT IMMEDIATELY, YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD TO FEEL INCONVENIENCED

What are you, trolling? Oh, that's right, it's what you do. I forgot. And for your information, it's been nearly a week, not "immediately." Learn to read or get out of this thread.

No, I am calling you a retarded asshole for bitching about not receiving any help when they don't have to fucking help you in the first place. Also, you are stupid if it takes you a week to figure something out.

Hey Sneak, don't be such an asshole.

oh, hey...
    Honestly, I didn't even bother reading your question. I clicked on the last page of the thread, saw you being a complete sissy bitch, and called you a faggot for it.

Infracted. Just calm the hell down.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but there is no way I can beat this one's OP without stealing it outright.

Anyway, I just fleeced some guy for his PS3 with this game and Need for Speed: Carbon for 400 dollars and thought I would pop in for some lively discussion.

First off, does anyone play the multiplayer anymore? I've been wanting to check it out, but I don't have a headset that works at the moment.

Second, I smell a sequel.

Third, the guy I bought it from said there is a personal shield much in the style of the one found in Halo 3. Is this something that's unlocked for the second playthrough? Is he just yankin' my chain? Will Hale ever realize he is just one letter away from Halo?

It's been a while since I've played (Damn you F@H!), but I believe it's an alternate fire on a weapon you do get in the first playthrough.

Quick check on GameFAQ's: Looks like it's the Auger Rifle's secondary fire, which is a first playthrough weapon.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yup, and also the Auger's rounds increase in strength as they pass through obstacles, so by shooting through your forcefield the weapon deals more damage.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I knew about that, and I mentioned it to my friend when he told me about it and he said what he was talking about is different. Now that I think about it, I never used the force barrier anyway. It's not that I needed a shield that much, the game wasn't too hard.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    Dashui wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:
    YES HOW DARE THEY NOT HELP YOU OUT IMMEDIATELY, YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD TO FEEL INCONVENIENCED

What are you, trolling? Oh, that's right, it's what you do. I forgot. And for your information, it's been nearly a week, not "immediately." Learn to read or get out of this thread.

No, I am calling you a retarded asshole for bitching about not receiving any help when they don't have to fucking help you in the first place. Also, you are stupid if it takes you a week to figure something out.

Hey Sneak, don't be such an asshole.

oh, hey...
    Honestly, I didn't even bother reading your question. I clicked on the last page of the thread, saw you being a complete sissy bitch, and called you a faggot for it.

Infracted. Just calm the hell down.

Uh, Accualt? I've had almost six months to calm down. This was posted in January not June.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also during that period of calming down, I purchased a PS3 and Resistance, and I still find myself playing it today. It's seriously well done.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm not into the main game but I am bad ass at the online component. I'm not on the charts but I tend to own a lot of the games I go in. Are the global servers up yet? Wanna play PA people.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nothing quite like a six month old post coming back to bite you on that ass :)

I'm still playing Resistance (cause what else would I play - ba-dum-tsch!) and it's been great fun. I enjoy playing the Manchester Cathedral level over and over while resting my drink on a copy of the King James version. Suck it, Archbishop of Canterbury!

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Threepio, you might know this, I gather you have some connections to the gaming underworld. Why are some PS3 games getting like a week delayed? Spidey 3 was delayed by 2 weeks (And they still couldn't make it good) and same with Armored Core 4. It comes out one week later than the 360 equivalent.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It takes time to get Blu-ray discs through customs. They have to be checked and re-checked due to the sheer awesomeness.

Ahem.

Seriously though, I haven't really heard anything specific as to why they might be delayed. We had Spider-man 3 arrive in our stores for both PS3 and Xbox 360 on the same day, so I'm not sure if it's a widespread problem.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Threepio wrote: »
    It takes time to get Blu-ray discs through customs. They have to be checked and re-checked due to the sheer awesomeness.

Ahem.

Seriously though, I haven't really heard anything specific as to why they might be delayed. We had Spider-man 3 arrive in our stores for both PS3 and Xbox 360 on the same day, so I'm not sure if it's a widespread problem.

Not sure if youre in the UK but here Spider-man 3 for PS3 was just delayed in the week it was meant to be released. It came out two weeks later.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Necroposting in this 6 month old thread because someone needs to make a new thread about the Resistance 2 blowout in the new Gameinformer. 60 player online, 8 player online co-op, 2 main storylines etc etc. Someone do it, I have sars and im sick and cba.

scans can be provided if anyone wants. though not posted ofc.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    8 players co-op? WOW
    does the first one have any co-op at all?

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    60 PLAYERS?! Oh my fucking god. Its going to be an air fuel grenade holocaust.

Where Bamelin? He always puts fine threads together.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    60 players online?

Holy...

Dedicated servers much?

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    60 players online?

Holy...

Dedicated servers much?

Its going to be glorious man... massive maps... maybe we'll see some crazy Chimera vehicles?

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    60 players online?

Holy...

Dedicated servers much?

Its going to be glorious man... massive maps... maybe we'll see some crazy Chimera vehicles?

I've not actually played the first one, but from these details for the second - colour me impressed.

I will pick up the first one at some point, the weapons sound cool.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but my Google skills have failed me (finding conflicting answers) and need the help of kindly PA folk.

Does this game have an online coop campaign mode? If yes, how do I get this thing going?

Cheers!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know for sure it's got split screen co-op of the campaign - played a little with my brother - but I've never tried to do it online. It must be there, but yeah - haven't done it myself.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nope, only deathmatch online

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Nope, only deathmatch online
    Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the answer. Saves me from pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to set it up.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]