As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pirates! In space! (Rogue Galaxy)

1234568»

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I just beat Rogue Galaxy. Loved the entire game up until the final planet.
    For starters, Mariglen was a terrible planet. The whole way through it was tedious and boring. And the introduction of Mother and saving the galaxy just felt like a sour shift, especially since I didn't think they handled it all that well.

I was kind of hoping Jaster and Kisala would've gotten their funk on, considering you have an attack dedicated to their "love." Sappy, maybe, but I like a little romance in my RPGs. After the credits you get a little text blurb about how they steal Kisala back, but nothing more. And "lowly individuals"? I'm the fucking Star King! I did most of the work saving your silly, Naboo rip-off planet! You'd think they'd at least have some records about my accomplishments.

So I really just felt the writing and the gameplay took a turn for the worst once you realized you have some ultimate power and go off to save the galaxy from an entirely new villain. I liked the originality the game had going for it, and then it became very cliched very fast. Oh, and Kisala's queen outfit = holy shit boobs.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, the final planet really did seem thrown in at the last minute in terms of story.

Anyway, the ghost ship is completed! I will begin round 2 after doing a bunch of other stuff because I still have some hunting records to fill in on the last enemies. They're only there for 10 floors as opposed to the other enemy groups that get 30 so it's a little harder to get them all.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    2 things.

One is I hate Toady. Not cause it's not a cool weapon creation system, but now I've got some weird completionist OCD. Been collecting and combining weapons for 4 hours now.

Two, how long until I can start trading in these challenge coins? I just got to Veran or whatever it's called.

Magus` on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Magus` wrote: »
    2 things.

One is I hate Toady. Not cause it's not a cool weapon creation system, but now I've got some weird completionist OCD. Been collecting and combining weapons for 4 hours now.

Two, how long until I can start trading in these challenge coins? I just got to Veran or whatever it's called.

1. It's good you're doing it now. If you analyze 100 weapons and make 50 of them, you get an outfit. I didn't do it and now I'm doing it while hunting for specific enemies. I've made at least 5 weapons hunting for these stupid mushrooms on Juraika. I've analyzed about 90 and made about 10. Most of my weapons were uber weapons that don't get analyzed.

2. Right now actually. Just hop back to Zerard and go talk to MIO. For some reason, she won't exchange them until you leave and come back so people miss it.

Gilder on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really like the fact that you get different outfits for your character during this game, it's a feature that most JRPG's dismiss which is a damn shame in my opinion. If I'm going to stare at the same group of characters for the next 60+ hours then I won't mind a change of clothes for them. Rogue Galaxy and Persona 3 are the only JRPG's I'm interested in, so they'd better get released soon in the E.U.

BTW, do the different outfits bestow some kind of bonus on the character wearing it?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    I really like the fact that you get different outfits for your character during this game, it's a feature that most JRPG's dismiss which is a damn shame in my opinion. If I'm going to stare at the same group of characters for the next 60+ hours then I won't mind a change of clothes for them. Rogue Galaxy and Persona 3 are the only JRPG's I'm interested in, so they'd better get released soon in the E.U.

BTW, do the different outfits bestow some kind of bonus on the character wearing it?

Yeah, most of them have varying elemental defense bonuses, and a few other stats.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Each outfit has different elemental boosts, and very very small defense boosts.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »

Yeah, most of them have varying elemental defense bonuses, and a few other stats.
    Is there some site which have pictures of the different outfits for all the characters?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Man, I'm getting pissed at this weapon fusing thing. I keep telling myself I'll move onto Vedan after I run out of (new) fusing options for Kisala and Jaster. I'm currently up to about 3X designs and 27-28 creations for EACH.

The only time I get a reprieve is when I make something much too high level for me (like a level 38-41 weapon and I'm only levels 31 and 32) or when it wants something I can't find like:

Solar Sword, Volt (something), Rumblerosse (twice!), Core Breaker, non-EX version of weapon I have, EX version of what I have, and so on.

I mean, it's fun to fuse and I sure as hell don't plan to do this for everyone, but come *on*.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Make an Earthshaker while you're at it. Once you get through the mines you should be of a high enough level to never need to fuse a weapon for Jaster ever again.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Magus` wrote: »
    Man, I'm getting pissed at this weapon fusing thing. I keep telling myself I'll move onto Vedan after I run out of (new) fusing options for Kisala and Jaster. I'm currently up to about 3X designs and 27-28 creations for EACH.

The only time I get a reprieve is when I make something much too high level for me (like a level 38-41 weapon and I'm only levels 31 and 32) or when it wants something I can't find like:

Solar Sword, Volt (something), Rumblerosse (twice!), Core Breaker, non-EX version of weapon I have, EX version of what I have, and so on.

I mean, it's fun to fuse and I sure as hell don't plan to do this for everyone, but come *on*.

Jaster's Earthshaker can be made with swords you can buy, level 40, and has the highest damage in the game. For the other characters, the final shop has the best weapons you can buy and combine. It won't go any further. So all the grinding to fuse weapons ends up being somewhat pointless for most everyone (except Jaster and Zegram).

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Actually, it seems the Ragnarok is the strongest sword you can get (not counting the special area after the game).

Earthshaker is 363 damage while the Ragnarok is 368.

I have the best gun (Ark Scorpion), best tonfas (Queen something?), the best sword for Zegram (Something Hades). I still need to get the best boots and best shuriken-thingy.

Edit - Actually I rechecked. I guess the Earthshaker is stronger. It was 373, not 363. Not sure if the 5 extra points would be worth making it, though..

Magus` on