As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield: Bad Company 2: PC beta/360 MP demo out now!

pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might bean interestin YTRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Games and Technology
Title edited for clarity
Bc2lowres.jpg

All right, didn't see a thread on this and seeing as how this is a fairly high-profile release, I think it deserves a thread. This is my first ever OP, so please, try to let me keep a little bit of my self-esteem.

BAD COMPANY 2

Just what the fuck is it?

I'll let good ol' Wikipedia sing it
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an upcoming video game in development by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The game is a direct sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company. The game was announced at one of Electronic Arts' earnings conferences and was showcased for the first time at E3 2009. The release date for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is March 2, 2010, as announced at the EA press conference at Gamescom.

Why should I care?

Because it's a Battlefield game. It belongs to a series that is known for, amongst other things, kicking all kinds of ass.

There's a PC version this time around?

Indeed there is. DICE heard the cries of PC gamers everywhere and have promised a timely, optimized version of Bad Company 2 to satisfy everyone's needs. Included in this version are special cool-guy perks, like dedicated servers (they've been parading this shit around like mad), increased player counts, and PRONE (maybe).
System reqs, ho!
Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943.

* Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
* Main memory: 2GB
* Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
* Graphics memory: 256MB
* Free HDD space:
o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943

* Processor: Quadcore
* Main memory: 2GB
* Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
* Graphics memory: 512MB
* Free HDD space:
o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Single player? In MY Battlefield?

Goddamn right. The original Bad Company featured the first ever semi-decent Battlefield single-player campaign. For a first effort, it wasn't so bad, but it had it's flaws. Mostly with absolutely idiotic teammates who did nothing to help you, enemies that were all crack shots, repetitiveness, and some uninspired level design. The plot was lighthearted and featured some of the best comedy ever seen in a non-Duke Nukem FPS, and those lovable rogue soldiers are back in this next installment. However, the developers have hinted that this game's plot will be a bit more serious.
Eurogamer wrote:
The sequel to DICE's first ever single-player game, Bad Company 2 puts you back in control of Preston, one of four self-involved US soldiers who adopt an idiosyncratic approach to warfare. The first game saw them on the hunt for gold in a warzone, Three Kings-style, and while DICE is curiously reluctant to talk about the story in Bad Company 2, Gustavsson and Troedsson agree that it's a bit less tongue-in-cheek. "I would say that the guys have had their honeymoon," Gustavsson offers. "They were out there in the middle of a war, everything going on, not so much focused on the war, didn't have to worry about it; more worrying about court martial and missing out on the gold. But those times are gone and now life is turning more serious and they have to face what they're up to."
Guess shit got real, and now they have to fight a war instead of kill Russians for gold.

What makes this campaign special?

Well, the first one had some pretty nice set-pieces, and DICE has promised even bigger and better ones this time. Hopefully they'll fix the damned AI and cut out some of the filler. If they took out golf carts, though, there will be hell to pay.
There will also be the standard sequel fare. More weapons, better graphics, new vehicles, more open levels. And this time, full on destructibility.

Wait, what?

That's right. Every building in Bad Company 2 is completely destructible. That means that you can demolish every single wall in a building and absolutely eliminate any potential cover for your enemy. Some vital buildings will retain a bare skeleton that is indestructible, but apart from that and the terrain itself, everything is supremely explodeable. This opens up a bunch of fun tactics and variability that most other FPS's lack. Bunch of people entrenched in a building? Run around back, blow the wall, and take them all out from behind. Tank sitting in the middle of your path? Blow up the fence next to you, circle around, and plant some C4 on that motherfucker. Sniper on a rooftop giving you trouble? Get in a tank and collapse the whole damn building. The destructibility truly is a sight to see.

That's pretty sweet. This thing got multiplayer?

This is a fucking Battlefield game, so you just know the multiplayer will be stellar. Traditional Battlefield elements are present here, with the player entering a game, joining a squad, selecting one of four kits (will go into this later), and choosing a spawn point, either the starting base for that team or the squad leader. Bases contain periodically respawning tanks, boats, humvees, ATVs, choppers, and UAV helicopters that both scout enemy positions and fuck 'em up with missiles from on high. No jets this time, gotta wait until Battlefield 3.

Destructibility carries over entirely to multiplayer, so expect a bunch of awesome flanking tactics to emerge. It also effectively eliminates campers and the like, because who's going to camp knowing that anyone with a grenade launcher can just blow up the wall behind them? Vehicles also can run over or through structures, so just imagine a cavalcade of tanks rolling through a down, just mashing down every building they see while the enemy shits their collective pants and runs screaming for mother. Good times.

What game modes are there?

Well, the one mode available in the Beta is called "Rush." Players choose to join either the Attacking team or the Defending team, and spawn in their respective bases. Attackers try to set up demolition charges on a set of crates in the Defending team's base. For each Attacker killed, the team loses one life, or "ticket." If the Attacking team's tickets run out, game over. If they manage to detonate the crates, a new Defending team base opens up, and the process repeats itself until three bases have been destroyed and the Attackers win.

DICE has also hinted at two special game modes that involve two teams of four people battling it out over something or somesuch. They refuse to give details but hopefully it'll be really awesome.

Kits. What are they?
Kits are your basic starting loadout. They come in four customizable flavors.

Assault

You know what this is. You got an assault rifle with your choice of two types of grenade launchers or an underslung shotgun. You unlock new primary weapons, like a shotgun proper, as you rank up. You also have your standard pistol sidearm. You will also unlock weapon upgrades as you progress, gaining the ability to outfit your weapons with scopes and silencers and all kinds of fun stuff.
You also carry around deployable ammo packs which keep your teammates slinging lead like the badasses they are.

Medic

You have a sizeable machine gun and sidearm, as well as a set of handy defibrillators that you can use to revive downed comrades. Indispensable when the heat amps up with you and your squad frantically defending the charge you just set from enemies pouring in on all sides.
You also have medpacks, which revive the health of teammates near it. Health regenerates automatically when you spend enough time without taking damage, but the process is slow and unreliable in the heat of battle. Tossing out a medpack will keep your friends fighting fit for at least a little while longer

Engineer

You have an SMG or assault rifle and pistol as well, but you have a few intergral gadgets. First is a rocket launcher. Everyone knows what to do with this. Shoot large metal vehicles and make them go boom. This weapon is every vehicle operator's nightmare when combined with a special Sniper-class gadget.
You also have a welding tool. Pretty simple. you use it to fix up vehicles and weapon emplacements. Absolutely vital for any good team player, this tool can be the difference between victory and defeat when the only thing that stands between the enemy and your precious crates is a single raggedy tank.

Recon

You have a sniper rifle and a sidearm. With this class, you will earn the ire of every single maggot on the opposing team who stands still for too long. With your ghillie suit, you blend in much more effectively than any other class, but the lack of a prone option prevents you from being too invisible. Great for flanking and taking out vital targets, like operators of weapon emplacements or UAV choppers. You also have a couple neat items. First is a trio of C4 charges. These are great for opening up alternate routes into defended areas, for taking out tanks from behind, or for the creation of the eternal fan favority, the Jihad Jeep. Put three of those puppies on a vehicle, hurtle towards an enemy entrenchment, jump off, and flip the switch. Kaboom.
Second is a grenade-like marker. Throw this on an enemy vehicle, and rockets fired by Engineers will home in on the target. Great for curving rockets around buildings to safely take out that annoying tank.

What's this I hear about a Beta?
PS3 is over and done with. The PC beta is currently up and running for anyone who pre-ordered the game. Also, the 360 multiplayer demo is available for everyone on Xbox Live.

Warning, intense h-scroll rape.
BC2_Arica_screen04.jpg
BFBC2genSCRNradar.jpg
BFBC2genSCRNtgs01.jpg
BFBC2_Screenshot_2.jpg
BFBC2_Screenshot_8.jpg
BFBC2genSCRNmachinegun.jpg
BFBC2genSCRNfirepower.jpg
BFBC2genSCRNarmour.jpg

And here is one excellent Machinima trailer. Yes it does include gameplay, just give it a minute or two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75rK5OnGLz8&feature=sub

And two minutes of glorious HD destruction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9tZZSyI1YM

And last but not least, a GiantBomb beta QuickLook can be found here:
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-battlefield-bad-company-2-beta/17-1695/

And brand spanking new gameplay for a new multiplayer mode, Squad Deathmatch
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/squad-deathmatch-battlefield-bad/60101

Multi-players

Xbox 360

Metatag: PA Battlefield

PC
ash-housewares
sonelan
peewi
digitalsyn
jaunty
klyka
catharsis
satsumomo
dracil
spoit
syphonblue
subedii
sceptre
Masume
Yontouryu
DietarySupplement
Bobby Newmark

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
pyromaniac221 on

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PC beta got delayed until 2010. Considering this is DICE -- with a history of timely releases such as BF2 1.5 and 1943 PC -- I'm not overly surprised. But they seem to be putting actual honest-to-god effort into that version, so I'm pretty interested all the same.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If I remember correctly, they delayed it until 2010 but promised a bunch of extra shit that wasn't included in the PS3 version. The one map is nice, but variety would be appreciated. I also want a taste of all the unlockables they promised.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't played Battlefield since 1942 (and the Live game). What's the difference between the Bad Company games and the plain old Battlefield series?

tofu on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've heard nothing but great things about this game from /v/, and they're one hell of a picky bunch. Stuff like the character automatically saying things depending on the situation (such as "HOLY SHIT IT'S A TANK!"), spotting giving XP, great possibilities for boobytraps, bringing entire houses down on people who think they've outsmarted tanks by running inside, buildings 'feeling' solid thanks to a fair amount of damage being needed to bring down walls (as opposed to Red Faction's plastic buildings), maps that look like lunar landscapes instead of standing towns after long matches, etc, all sound like amazing additions to the Battlefield gameplay.

I guess I'm officially On the Bandwagon.

I hear prone is not on the console versions due to it making players too hard to see on televisions, but is on the PC versions. Has this been confirmed?

Suriko on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, Bad Company has a single-player campaign with a full narrative and everything. The story's mostly supposed to be funny and it does a good job accomplishing that for a video game. Buildings were destructible too, but only the walls. You can't blow up the entire building like you can in BC2. Bad Company also did away with the commander system and instituted a more attacker/defender style of gameplay instead of the control points/tickets version found in Battlefield 2, although the Conquest mode was added in after release. Mostly, it's just console Battlefield with a smaller player count, smaller maps, destructible environments, and more customization. Also, no jets.
    Suriko wrote: »

I hear prone is not on the console versions due to it making players too hard to see on televisions, but is on the PC versions. Has this been confirmed?

I've heard this rumor too but haven't found a source that confirms prone in the PC version. I can see it happening because it's a relatively easy thing to add and would really appease some of the hardcore PC fans who feel that they're getting shafted by a more consolized version

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    HavokBlueHavokBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bad Company was an amazing game online imo. Something about the film grain effect and the sounds made it really immersive. On top of that, the destructible environments really made things interesting. Snipers in that hut? BRB GUISE DRIVING THE APC THROUGH THE HUT.

360 owners can grab Bad Company off the marketplace thanks to games on demand or if you don't want to spend that much money, Battlefield 1943 is available via the arcade. 1943 is a scaled down Bad Company set in WWII. The environmental destruction engine is scaled down a little as well but it's still a great arcade game.

Graphics in those videos look amazing.

HavokBlue on
    What's 6-6•6?
    Xbox Live - HavokBlue
    EVE - Bakaris Drakar'akai (I know, horrible name)
    furyandfire.blogspot.com
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It should be mentioned that Battlefield Bad Company (and the sequel from what I've seen of the beta so far) has some of the best sound design I've ever heard in a game.

Also I'm loving the amount of not so subtle shit slinging DICE has been doing over the MW2 dedicated server issue. Like in the recent PC beta delay news they also revealed a list of PC exclusive features.

Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.

Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, helicopters and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.

Enhanced Gameplay - The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVIDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.

Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.

Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.

Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.

PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.

Orange'd for "oh snap"

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, Bad Company has a single-player campaign with a full narrative and everything. The story's mostly supposed to be funny and it does a good job accomplishing that for a video game. Buildings were destructible too, but only the walls. You can't blow up the entire building like you can in BC2. Bad Company also did away with the commander system and instituted a more attacker/defender style of gameplay instead of the control points/tickets version found in Battlefield 2, although the Conquest mode was added in after release. Mostly, it's just console Battlefield with a smaller player count, smaller maps, destructible environments, and more customization. Also, no jets.

I've heard this rumor too but haven't found a source that confirms prone in the PC version. I can see it happening because it's a relatively easy thing to add and would really appease some of the hardcore PC fans who feel that they're getting shafted by a more consolized version

This article says that prone will exist for the PC version. Stuff can still change, so I dunno.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's another thing I forgot to mention. The sound design in this game is godlike. Talk to me all you want about your modern warfares and dead spaces, but I still hold that Bad Company 2 is among the elite this generation in sound design. It sounds like a fucking war out there, regardless of how realistic the game actually is or is not. Really gets the blood pumping.

I guess my Google-fu is weakening by the day. Thank you for that article.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The videos and screenshots they've been putting out are clearly the PC version, cause even though it looks good, it doesn't look that good. But Oh God, the sound design.

Only 32 is kind of disapointing, though I guess without redesigning them in XL editions like they did for BF2, it'd be way too crowded

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In MW2 when I get shot at, I go prone and cover my ears because I just know some asshole is about to throw flashbangs which means I'm not holding my controller and die. This ruins my killstreaks and makes me sad.

In Bad Company when I get shot at, I fire randomly and scream obscenities at the children outside my window as I sprint into battle. I'm being a retard, so I die. However, it sounded awesome, so I enjoyed it.

HavokBlue on
    What's 6-6•6?
    Xbox Live - HavokBlue
    furyandfire.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Looking at a bunch of Youtube videos, it really is amusing how much this looks like a fusion of Battlefield and Call of Duty 4 gameplay. Stuff like XP shown with each kill, killcam, specialisations, a general feel to the gunplay more akin to CoD's much tighter infantry controls than older battlefield games.

I can't say it's a bad thing; taking the best of both worlds and slamming it together looks like it works.

32 players is the only major disappointment so far.

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    32 is still twice as much as MW2!

har har

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They definitely added the experience and shit to add the sense of progression that made CoD so addictive, but these weapons have assloads more recoil. Maybe it's the distance, but you really do have to fire in bursts or you aren't hitting anything. Also, moving from cover to cover is essential, because if you're out in the open, someone's going to get the drop on you, and once you are being hit by bullets your aim goes to hell and you won't be able to fight back like you can in CoD

Also, the maps are smaller than BF2 so the decreased player counts don't make the game feel like you're in a vacuum. There's plenty of action to be had and you are never really lacking a target to shoot at.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They definitely added the experience and shit to add the sense of progression that made CoD so addictive, but these weapons have assloads more recoil. Maybe it's the distance, but you really do have to fire in bursts or you aren't hitting anything. Also, moving from cover to cover is essential, because if you're out in the open, someone's going to get the drop on you, and once you are being hit by bullets your aim goes to hell and you won't be able to fight back like you can in CoD

Also, the maps are smaller than BF2 so the decreased player counts don't make the game feel like you're in a vacuum. There's plenty of action to be had and you are never really lacking a target to shoot at.

Gogo realism.

HavokBlue on
    What's 6-6•6?
    Xbox Live - HavokBlue
    furyandfire.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Looking at a bunch of Youtube videos, it really is amusing how much this looks like a fusion of Battlefield and Call of Duty 4 gameplay. Stuff like XP shown with each kill, killcam, specialisations, a general feel to the gunplay more akin to CoD's much tighter infantry controls than older battlefield games.

I can't say it's a bad thing; taking the best of both worlds and slamming it together looks like it works.

32 players is the only major disappointment so far.

Don't worry, people will always mod up the max players size, so you can find a big server if thats what you're into - the beauty of dedicated servers!

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It ain't realistic by any stretch of the mind, but if realism was all we wanted, Call of Duty wouldn't be so popular.

Note: I love MW2, I am not bagging on CoD.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    But yeah, it's leagues better than 1943.

Anyone else in the beta want to add me? PSN:Spoit

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If there's a large enough group here with beta keys I'll add a list in the OP

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So if I want to play the original game I have to get it for a console?
    Is it worth it? I'd probably just play for the SP

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ahhh, Bad Company was my first shooter I played online when I connected to Live, good times.

I loved the squad in SP, I just hope they deal with the BS Far Cry-esque accuracy of the AI.

Basically, if there isn't cover between you and the enemy, they will shoot you. Even if they were equipped with a slingshot.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It was fun, but a bit on the short side. The shooting wasn't as good as the MP, but the humour made up for it. If you can find it for under 20, I'd say to jump on it

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The first one was so much fun online. I still have the PA tag, too.

With the attention they're giving to the PC version, I really don't know what platform to get it on. It'll probably come down to how many of us here get it for either PC or 360.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So if I want to play the original game I have to get it for a console?
    Is it worth it? I'd probably just play for the SP

The single player is not worth buying the game for, it's a nice addition and I'm glad they're thinking about it, but it needs loads more polish before it would be worth buying the game for.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I like how DICE kept the class combo idea from 2142 by having the sniper be Recon/Spec Ops, Engineer/Anti-Tank. But what's interesting is now instead of having Assault/Medic it now seems to be Support/Medic with a machine gun. o_O

Does the Assault class now give ammo or something?

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So what kind of advancement are we going to see from Bad Company 2 > Battlefield 3.

Will B3 have destructible buildings?

Also, from the demos and videos it appears that they have fixed the age old hitbox detection problems that plauged Battlefield 2 and 2142.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, assault has the ammo boxes.

Giant Bomb did a quicklook of the PS3 beta a few days ago which shows off the gameplay fairly well. I'd say Jeff not being the greatest Battlefield player just hilights the patented BF madness "Oh god what's going on?!"

-SPI- on
  • Options
    AZChristopherAZChristopher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Yeah, assault has the ammo boxes.

Giant Bomb did a quicklook of the PS3 beta a few days ago which shows off the gameplay fairly well. I'd say Jeff not being the greatest Battlefield player just hilights the patented BF madness "Oh god what's going on?!"

Yeah, standing out in the open gets you killed no matter what game you play.

Pretty disappointed about PS3 only beta. EA should have tried really hard to get some sort of beta out for 360, PS3, and PC before MW2 came out. Exclusive betas are so counterproductive.

AZChristopher on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm looking forward to the PC version.

But I figure the majority of PA players will be on 360? Like usual?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't understand the logic behind supposedly not including prone in console versions.
    Most people have hi-def Tvs by now, or at least a 32 inch tv. Also, the point of prone is so you're hard to see. That's the only thing I don't like about Bad Company, the lack of prone.

One of my fondest memories in any game was in 1942, Battle of the Bulge. I was an American anti tank. I ran across the map to a mid point of the map and heard the rumbling of tanks. Lots of tanks, Panzers, Tigers and a couple of wespes all in single file. It was intense. I ran layed down three mines and rushed into some bushes and went prone with my bazooka. The tanks rumbled by, the first in the column hitting a mine and jamming up the line. I popped up and shot the rear tank, blowing it up. A guy hopped out of his because it was stuck between two others and I stol his tank and finshed off the Wespes and the panzer with my fresh Tiger.

God that was awesome.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Can't wait for this to come out so I can ditch MW2.

I'll prob be going PC this time around however.

EDIT: Looks like they fixed my number one complaint about the previous game, and now you can actually clearly see if a guy is friendly or not. Also, looks like they fixed spawning.

Want!

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »
    I don't understand the logic behind supposedly not including prone in console versions.
    Most people have hi-def Tvs by now, or at least a 32 inch tv. Also, the point of prone is so you're hard to see. That's the only thing I don't like about Bad Company, the lack of prone.

One of my fondest memories in any game was in 1942, Battle of the Bulge. I was an American anti tank. I ran across the map to a mid point of the map and heard the rumbling of tanks. Lots of tanks, Panzers, Tigers and a couple of wespes all in single file. It was intense. I ran layed down three mines and rushed into some bushes and went prone with my bazooka. The tanks rumbled by, the first in the column hitting a mine and jamming up the line. I popped up and shot the rear tank, blowing it up. A guy hopped out of his because it was stuck between two others and I stol his tank and finshed off the Wespes and the panzer with my fresh Tiger.

God that was awesome.

I've personally been enjoying sneaking up behind Snipers in 1943 and blowing them up with Satchel Charges.

and then putting another one there for when they return. Oh the glorious hatemail.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    It should be mentioned that Battlefield Bad Company (and the sequel from what I've seen of the beta so far) has some of the best sound design I've ever heard in a game.

Cannot be said enough. If they did improve on BC, this'll be fantastic.

March seems too far away.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »

God that was awesome.

Just have to ask when anti tank had mines in battlefield 1942, because as far as i can remember only engineers had those, unless you played a mod or something. Did anti tank have mines and bazooka in FH?

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So what kind of advancement are we going to see from Bad Company 2 > Battlefield 3.

Also, from the demos and videos it appears that they have fixed the age old hitbox detection problems that plauged Battlefield 2 and 2142.

DICE's lips are sealed on BF3, probably don't want it to steal BC2's thunder. But seeing as how they've spent all this time porting that fuckawesome engine to the PC, I can't see them not using it and implementing full destructibility. We'll probably see the return of medpack-only healing, clips instead of ammo pools, and jets. Also, larger maps and commander powers. All guesses, but I can envision riots among hardcore PC fans if they keep the more console-centric features.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You know, with how easily you can die once someone notices you, I'm actually OK with them having regenerating health in this game

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I was a bit leery about it once I first heard it since I thought it would basically castrate the medic class, but it has such a long delay that it really doesn't have any effect in an actual firefight. No one I've talked to that has a level head on their shoulders is really too put off by it.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I, for some reason, absolutely hated Bad Company online, but I am loving this Bad Company 2 beta to death. This is honestly the first FPS I've been looking forward to for a while and I can't wait for the full MP.
    I'm not used to how fast your killed in this game and it can be frustrating, but I don't think its a bad thing.
    The only thing I hate so far in this game are the fucking Abrams tanks :P

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »

DICE's lips are sealed on BF3, probably don't want it to steal BC2's thunder. But seeing as how they've spent all this time porting that fuckawesome engine to the PC, I can't see them not using it and implementing full destructibility. We'll probably see the return of medpack-only healing, clips instead of ammo pools, and jets. Also, larger maps and commander powers. All guesses, but I can envision riots among hardcore PC fans if they keep the more console-centric features.

Well, one of the reasons they went with UE3 over Frostbite for ME was because Frostbite wasn't ready when they wanted ME to go into development. Since Frostbite is not only done, but enhanced, I can't see them not using their own engine for all their future games.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's pretty awesome. I can see a lot of really neat ideas emerging with the Frostbite Engine.

pyromaniac221 on