As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Go in the chat and ask for an invite. That way you'll see when there's a versus trying to get people via announcements, which allows you to play TF2 or something, rather than just sitting in Armadeaddon.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    AzadIsCool wrote: »
    MrDelish wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Christ, when people record gameplay videos, use the original game sound. I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

Does no one here like Alice in Chains?

I'll keep that in mind next time.

completely missed the point
    I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

Sorry, I meant I'll keep the idea of not adding music to gameplay in mind, hence why i put a break between the sentences, to indicate a seperate thought. I can see why that was confusing.

Meh, don't listen to the silly goose. The music was fine. Everyone should know what the game sounds like by now.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    MrDelish wrote: »
    Christ, when people record gameplay videos, use the original game sound. I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

Does no one here like Alice in Chains?

I'll keep that in mind next time.

completely missed the point
    I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

Sorry, I meant I'll keep the idea of not adding music to gameplay in mind, hence why i put a break between the sentences, to indicate a seperate thought. I can see why that was confusing.

Meh, don't listen to the silly goose. The music was fine. Everyone should know what the game sounds like by now.

That still doesn't mean I want to hear some arbitrary soundtrack that clearly doesn't fit the game.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Insofar, my choice in music has spurned more conversation than the content of the video.

Also, I assume everyone is going to vote for Last Gnome on Earth to be brought back next week. All the other mutations weren't very creative, mostly just alterations of existing game modes.

AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hopefully that'll make them fix the gnome issues on time for the gnome versus mode.

And then make gnome vs permanent.
    I wonder if for gnome versus it would be better not to have the horde swarm to just one (the gnome) target. Isn't it too easy in campaign to simply kill the bunch or are there continuous swarms? Haven't tried the mutation.

Alegis on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They run at the gnome guy but if someone else gets in the way they will attack him too.

i.e. more like a bile bomb than boomer puke.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I voted Bleed Out, since I liked how its dynamic played out with exploration.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Everyone, look at the prima strategy guide for L4D2. There is a page dedicated to explaining ammo. Has anyone bought this, and if so was there anything worthwhile that you can tell us now so we won't have any reason to buy it?

AzadIsCool on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Pressing E on ammo piles

resupplies your weapon

Alegis on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Pressing E on ammo piles

resupplies your weapon

Shit

I knew I was missing something!

Thanks prima strategy guide, you tell me what giant floating text boxes in the game don't!

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also, shoot the zombies until they die.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But i guess if you really want to know everything about ammo;

http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Ammo

Alegis on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Also, shoot the zombies until they die.

AND THEN SOME MORE

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    isndlisndl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Realism Versus is back, and Last Gnome On Earth gets to stick around for another week.

isndl on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    isndl wrote: »
    Realism Versus is back, and Last Gnome On Earth gets to stick around for another week.

I knew it.

Now I can look forward to another week of screaming at my friends to not drop the god damned no-clipping gnome.

AzadIsCool on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    cool

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is anyone playing tonight? I sent a message to A PA L4D2 GROUP for XBOX Live play but no one's responded.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is anyone playing tonight? I sent a message to A PA L4D2 GROUP for XBOX Live play but no one's responded.

That's not how the group works. You need to look at the tag, find someone on it, and invite them to a game.

Willeth on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

That's not how the group works. You need to look at the tag, find someone on it, and invite them to a game.

*blinks*

Look at the ... tag? Like, the regulars who play L4D2 all have the same tag followed by their regular usernames?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No, sorry. You add A PA L4D Group to your friends list. You then open the profile for that gamertag, view its friends, and invite from that screen.

Willeth on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Napp for inviting me to le super game.

We were all on the finale of Parish and suddenly everybody else on my team died and i didn't know why and i jumped off the bridge

Antithesis on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antithesis wrote: »

We were all on the finale of Parish and suddenly everybody else on my team died and i didn't know why and i jumped off the bridge

That was hilarious.

Of course, I was watching the whole thing from the death cam as I wandered my Jockey ass into a hole while trying to decide where to spawn, so it's not as though I have any real room for laughing.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I think Walrus redeemed himself after the "I'mma get blown off the bridge by my own pipe bomb" incident.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I think Walrus redeemed himself after the "I'mma get blown off the bridge by my own pipe bomb" incident.

Actually, that was m- oh yes right it was walrus of course

gtrmp on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Actually, that was m- oh yes right it was walrus of course

OH SNAP

You're right. It was Walrus.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Remember folks, if you come across laser sights in an abandoned trailer, it's a trap. GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE YOU DIE.

isndl on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Haha yeah. Never killed a whole team before as spitter.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm guessing hard rain? That is a brutal trap.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Parish 3, right after the bus drop. There was an extra health kit in there too, making the trap irresistible.

isndl on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh, another deathtrap.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't get the trap. Could they not run right back out again?

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In theory they could, but the trailer is pretty narrow and the doorway and the laser sights were on opposite ends. The spit covered somewhere around 2/3 to 3/4 of the trailer, and they were pretty banged up from earlier attacks and forced to limp, especially once the acid starting dealing damage.

And of course once the acid was going a Hunter charges in from outside and starts swiping away, so they didn't stay up for long.

isndl on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Someone wrecked us on realism Parish, second map. Had a boomer get most of us, then a charger, followed by a spitter right in the corner. 46 points for us.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skeith wrote: »
    Someone wrecked us on realism Parish, second map. Had a boomer get most of us, then a charger, followed by a spitter right in the corner. 46 points for us.

And yet you still beat us in the end, by about 50 points (I was the boomer BTW).

Klorgnum on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I was kinda surprised. I figured it'd look like a pubstomp.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Since this week's mutation is Last Gnome On Earth again, I assume it doesn't count as another check for the achievement?

Willeth on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was skeptical of Versus Realism at first but after Walrus has invited me to like 10 games of it I am forced to conclude it is the bee's knees. I don't feel quite so crushed every time I get a jockey now.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Since this week's mutation is Last Gnome On Earth again, I assume it doesn't count as another check for the achievement?
    I haven't managed to have a fun game of this yet, it just seems to make the infected behave really dumb (a lot of stranding still five feet from you) and makes it really easy.

So me and three friends made our own mutation, the rules are that only one person is allowed to enter the safe room at the end of each level, and only if the other three players are dead.

It is awesome.

815165 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Last Man on Earth is much, much easier than I expected it to be.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    New Mutation
    Last Man On Earth.

You will become legend to the infected as the last human left.
    You are the only Survivor left in the world. No split screen help. No Survivor bots. But don't worry you aren't entirely alone. While there are no common Infected, Special Infected will hunt you down and become close, close friends with you.

This Mutation is available in Single Player Mode.

Special Infected Love
    The results from last week's poll are in and the Hunter clawed his way to the top.

Here are the numbers from the PC:
    20% Hunter
    17% Charger
    15% Tank
    13% Spitter
    12% Smoker
    11% Witch
    7% Boomer
    5% Jockey

And the 360:
    22% Hunter
    18% Tank
    14% Smoker
    14% Witch
    13% Charger
    7% Jockey
    7% Spitter
    5% Boomer

The only thing we are sure of is that people love the Hunter.

Needs more boomer love

Alegis on
This discussion has been closed.