Options

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I still can't believe that Bill is also Father Gregori from HL2. Not because I can't see that as possible, but because it's really damn obvious now that I think about it.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Charger throws Rochelle-bot out of SF4. She gets stuck but doesn't die. We proceed to finale and cannot start it because she's not with us. We kick Rochelle-bot. We fail on double-tank stage (Expert). Level restarts; Rochelle-bot still gone, friend cannot join game as it is "full".

Quite aside from how bad bot AI still is (actually saw Rochelle just let three zombies kill her at one point with no resistance whatsoever), that's pretty fucking retarded.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm kind of bummed I was expecting these mutations to make me want to play L4D2 again.

You have no soul.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so next week is gonna be a repeat mutation. Did valve just ship the patch with only the 4 completed and figure "we'll make more in time," completely forgetting what company they were?

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so next week is gonna be a repeat mutation. Did valve just ship the patch with only the 4 completed and figure "we'll make more in time," completely forgetting what company they were?

Nah, someone said "We have enough for four weeks." Then they all looked at the Valve Time chart and Gabe said, "Great! Then we're good through 2012!"

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They're doing repeats monthly IIRC because they figured there would be at least one mutation that people would be bummed about not being able to play for a long time.

Zek on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I'm kind of bummed I was expecting these mutations to make me want to play L4D2 again.

You have no soul.

One love

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys, using some elite hacker skillz and fraps, I recorded some gameplay of future Mutations for you to enjoy. I did Four Swordsmen, Versus Co-op, Chainsaw Massacre, and Madness. Enjoy! Yes this is real, not some sv_cheats 1 crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7aJm3Wmt1Q

AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So what does Madness do?

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zek wrote: »
    So what does Madness do?

It's basically a neverending horde where the common are faster, spawn more at once, and deal more damage, plus no SI (as far as I could tell, as you could see in the video we didn't survive very long). There was a pretty good description with the video, but it somehow got lost during processing, I'm waiting for it to come back.

AzadIsCool on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Christ, when people record gameplay videos, use the original game sound. I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just muted it and added my own sound effects.

Edit: I've played enough L4D2 to know what everything sounds like. Swoosh! Slash slash! ARGH! BAM BAM etc

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone else get bored of the passing very fast?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There isn't much of it. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    There isn't much of it. :(
    I guess the passing came and went.

HEH

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Christ, when people record gameplay videos, use the original game sound. I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

Does no one here like Alice in Chains?

I'll keep that in mind next time.

AzadIsCool on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    AzadIsCool wrote: »

completely missed the point
    I don't want to listen to your music, I want to see what it's actually like.

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

Sorry, I meant I'll keep the idea of not adding music to gameplay in mind, hence why i put a break between the sentences, to indicate a seperate thought. I can see why that was confusing.

AzadIsCool on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Nope, still enjoying it immensely.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah...

2aeuj5w.jpg

Expert realism. We may have wiped once on the second map but I don't really think so; it was all that fucking third map. One dude gave up a few tries before we miraculously made it through that goddamn village, and then we just breezed through the finale on the first try with three peeps (bot died before we even managed to start the event). I got clocked by a tank on the way to the boat but I have The Real Deal already, so only the other two mattered anyway.

We discovered a few funny things along the way: You can get the Septic Tank achievement by throwing the bile on a dead tank for example.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    5 hours? Really? Jesus christ.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Canada is 1337Canada is 1337 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Boomer seems pretty useless in that Four Swordsmen mutation, with no commons around.

Canada is 1337 on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blinding and slashing isn't too useless. Just not the best.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Chainsaws are the solution to SF3.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DekuStick wrote: »
    Blinding and slashing isn't too useless. Just not the best.

The blinding lasts about 5 seconds, which is kinda bad unless a charger does his job perfectly.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So what is Co-op Versus exactly?

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    4 players controlling special infected versus 4 bot survivors through a campaign.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Scosglen wrote: »
    4 players controlling special infected versus 4 bot survivors through a campaign.

You know, that's not going to be easy because bots have incredible aim. So setting up an ambush is going to have to be carefully done. Minding once you get them it will be GG because they are dumb as bricks.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It was pretty easy in L4D1, fun though

LaCabra on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah like in the video on the previous page, charge into the bots and they won't save their buddy.

Alegis on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

Sorry, I meant I'll keep the idea of not adding music to gameplay in mind, hence why i put a break between the sentences, to indicate a seperate thought. I can see why that was confusing.

To be honest I could hear the gameplay behind the music.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The Boomer seems pretty useless in that Four Swordsmen mutation, with no commons around.

Yep, it's more of an inconvenience, since killing him makes you stumble and then blinds you for a couple of seconds. The bots rarely take advantage of that though, seems like this might be more interesting as a Versus gamemode.

Has Last Gnome on Earth been patched yet? My throat still hurts from yelling at a team mate last night after he dropped the Gnome on the elevator on Swamp Fever. Overall we had to restart four times or so because we'd place it on the ground, and it would randomly fall through the ground, the worst time being half way through the finale.

AzadIsCool on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Overall we had to restart four times or so because we'd place it on the ground, and it would randomly fall through the ground, the worst time being half way through the finale.
    This happened right off the bat in Passing map 2, we quit right after but hearing this seems to make it a rampant problem.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    All you whiny McWhiners better get in for some last gnome on earth real fast!
    please

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    any dudes still playing this on 360? I sent a request to the meta tag, just picked this one up :)

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    any dudes still playing this on 360? I sent a request to the meta tag, just picked this one up :)

yeah dude! hit me up if i'm online and i might be down for a game. also, you are now on the list :D

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

yeah dude! hit me up if i'm online and i might be down for a game. also, you are now on the list :D

I just got the game for 360, too. I'll try it out tomorrow night.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i imagine interest might change once they push it out on mac

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The SnertThe Snert Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, I would love to get my vs on, but I am very discriminating in who I would like to game with. As such, I would prefer to play with fine gentlemen such as yourselves, rather then those unwashed masses. Do I need an invite from your club to play?

IE: I went into the chat, but I'm not a member of armadeaddon.

The Snert on
This discussion has been closed.