Options

Deelock turns [CHAT] today!

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    D-Robe wrote: »
    :lol: Turns out Scott was dead the whole time.

Psh, you're no good at twist endings. It turned out that Scott Pilgrim was really just a paranoid schizophrenic, and each of Ramona's ex-boyfriends were actually Scott Pilgrim's other personas. She knew this, of course, but found it to be very spicy for their marriage. YEP! They had been married since his third incarnation. Every time he takes on a new personality, he wanders away and cooks up a new life. That's why he never has his own money and had to leech off his roomie. It also explains why he dreamt of a girl he'd never remembered seeing.

Also, the people he actually did end up fighting were all actors hired by Ramona by recommendation of Scott's doctor. At any point if his illusion is dashed, he would go into an immense depression/anxiety phase that would last for months and sometimes led to near suicide.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yep, you're right; that was much more M. Night.
    I'd make a really shitty Shyamalan.. which means.. I'd make a great [strike]M Night[/strike] director?.. wait, I'm confused.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    I'm conflicted about this $500 Bayonetta figure.

On one hand, Bayonetta has always struck me as really, really dumb and the fucked up proportions always rubbed me the wrong way and $500 is way, way too much to pay for a video game figure.

On the other hand...it's like, yeah, I see why it's worth $500. I mean, I wouldn't drop 500 of my dollars on it unless I became stupid rich, but that's what I'd price it at if I made that thing because that's what it looks like it's worth, not just because a certain portion of the fan base is dumb enough to pay it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Its pretty but 500? i dont think its worth that much.

PROX on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My 150$ tony stark mech test figure is nicer than that

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    picz plox

PROX on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bayonetta is supposed to be dumb. Also yeah if I rich I would probably buy that.

4th place finish in another tournament. I find the fact that I'm able to consistently finish in the money very encouraging.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey are you actually gonna win some money?

PROX on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well there's a tournament coming up that I'll be playing in. First prize in that game is about $9000. So we'll see.

As for my second place finish, that was a $4.40 buy in and I won ~$140
    10th place finish on a 1.10 game for like 2.20
    and a 4th place finish on a 1.75 game for another 2.70

I placed 75th in another game. Dude had a better full house than me.
    And in another game I got knocked out at 60th after pushing on some guy whom I knew had nothing (I had Ace of spades, ace of hearts). Of course, he's an idiot. So he calls. Dude had 3-8 off suit. Flop is fucking 8 8 3.

I'm not bitter.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The retelling of a poker game in text form is almost as exciting as being there.

edit: also new avatar hello

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would not buy that figure because I think dolls are for children.

On the subject of Poker, I'm headed to a barn out in the countryside for a friend's stag do this weekend - I'm not sure what there is out there but I'm bringing cards and chips in order to hopefully make the weekend profitable. :winky:

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    As someone who knows a thing or two about terrible avatars, your new avatar is terrible.
    Argh, I hate change.

Also, sex dolls are not for children.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    I really loathe Bayonetta's proportions.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    He's big in all the WRONG places.

(What is Bayonetta?)

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

(What is Bayonetta?)

A video game character designed by a Japanese man who has never seen a real, human female before.

• Options
    edited August 2010

(What is Bayonetta?)

A video game character designed by a Japanese man who has never seen a real, human female before.

You really don't get a sense of how fucked up they are until you get the legs in there as well:
    http://kotaku.com/5389781/is-bayonetta-a-giant

11 heads tall, it's like Stretch Armstrong had a skanky sister that he really doesn't like to talk about.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'm willing to cut her height some slack in regards to wearing high heels and figuring they were going for the 8-heads fashion drawing model, but that still leaves like two extra heads that just simply shouldn't be there.

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay. Wow.

Pretty sure Bayonetta is the first drag-queen video game character.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I might be willing to give it a pass if everything else in the game has really whacked out proportions so it establishes a consistency of style with everything; but I'll never know if that's the case, since all the marketing I've seen for it has basically been, "HEY CHECK OUT OUR DOMINATRIX WITCH LIBRARIAN!" and hasn't put much emphasis on things in the game that aren't dominatrix witch librarians. As a result I always have to view those proportions out of context and therefore am forced to rely on my default human instincts, thus making me go, "whoa, that sure as hell ain't right."

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Um. Yeah. Bayonetta's clothes can magically spin/fly off her and turn into a hair demon, so I'm pretty sure it's well established that the game is fucking ridiculous. In everything.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I realized how out of place my sense of humor was when I asked the lady at the bakery how many Bavarians they put in to a Bavarian filled donut, and she didn't get it.

MKR on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jesus christ! how looong does the tutorial phase want to be in scribblenaughts!?

r-jasper on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Scribblenaughts lost me early on. I was so ready to be blown away by FUN but no.

Back to Civilisation for me!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hello, Paycheck! Oh, hi, Bills! Wait, Paycheck, where are you going? Come back!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    D-Robe wrote: »
    Um. Yeah. Bayonetta's clothes can magically spin/fly off her and turn into a hair demon, so I'm pretty sure it's well established that the game is fucking ridiculous. In everything.

Granted, that's only scratching the surface of fucking ridiculous.

The entire reason nobody who hasn't played the game knows nothing other than something about a dominatrix witch librarian is because if you'd tried to explain the game to someone using any media, you'd look like an idiotic 14 year old having a fantasy. This game descends to lovecraftian levels of fucking ridiculous. Like, play the game once, and you'll truly understand what fucking ridiculous is, and you'll lose a part of your sanity in exchange.

But, that being said, its actually a pretty fun game.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Most conflicted endorsement ever.

MKR on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't play the game because its too goddamn ridiculous.

My art bone won't let me. It demands game art that doesn't make my eyes cry alizarin crimson tears.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'm betting a lot of artists can't play Bayonetta. I certainly can't look at her without getting ill. It sucks, because she looks like she's supposed to be little more than a fucked up sexual fantasy. I read a lot of hentai manga, and I always gloss over the really weird stuff like severely oversized breasts, but nothing in those books compares to this woman.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I too feel compelled to avoid the game even though it's not on any platforms I own. Everytime I see Bayonetta she looks like:

bayonetta.gif

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would play that game.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    I too feel compelled to avoid the game even though it's not on any platforms I own. Everytime I see Bayonetta she looks like:

bayonetta.gif

This made me laugh in my laugh hole.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thats the best interpretation of her ever.

Also, one of my pieces is getting printed out 6 feet tall. Its goddamn daunting.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wow that's great wasser!

I dreamed of this great poker joke but like...now that I think about it it's not that great.

PROX on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahahaha, yes. Well done sir trip.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm betting a lot of artists can't play Bayonetta. I certainly can't look at her without getting ill. It sucks, because she looks like she's supposed to be little more than a fucked up sexual fantasy. I read a lot of hentai manga, and I always gloss over the really weird stuff like severely oversized breasts, but nothing in those books compares to this woman.

Bayonetta is essentially a female Dante, who is a ridiculous beefcake dude.

Her design is a bit weird, yeah, but the game in general has excellent art direction. I mean, holy shit, it's totally nuts as far as enemy designs go in a good way. Also, while still really tall compared to other characters, she's not super duper freaky tall, relatively speaking. Her proportions make her look like that, yeah, but it's not that big a deal when you're actually playing the game and suplexing the face off an angel the size of an aircraft carrier.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But what if you didn't like Dante's Inferno because it was a very pretty, but very hyperbolic bore? D:

MKR on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay. Wow.

Pretty sure Bayonetta is the first drag-queen video game character.

Not even

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    But what if you didn't like Dante's Inferno because it was a very pretty, but very hyperbolic bore? D:

No no no. No. Wrong Dante.

I meant Dante from Devil May Cry, which was made by the same people as Bayonetta, and Bayonetta was explicitly stated by the creators to be kind of a female Dante.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    the game in general has excellent art direction.

I couldn't disagree more.

But I don't want to get into that argument.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    the game in general has excellent art direction.

I couldn't disagree more.

But I don't want to get into that argument.

I'll disagree with you in the face

Seriously, though, the enemies especially are fucking rad. Bayonetta and Jean or whatever the other witch's name is again, sure, not the best designs ever by a long shot, but the rest is pretty fucking rad.

Spectre-x on
This discussion has been closed.