As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD: Black Ops: ______ is literally the ______ Call of Duty ever

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Magell wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »
    China Lake secondary.

Using Ghost, Scav Pro, and Second Chance.

What a noob, you can't use ghost and scav pro. The idea of RCs makes Hardline seem more brutal, but ghost is good as well. Got to have counter spy plane after the RCs too.

Some of us don't have scav pro, thus we would use ghost. The ones using ghost could use nova gas to make it even more obnoxious or willy pete to really get people going.

Actually come to think of it everyone running smoke or nova would really be a bitch on a small map like cracked.

iRevert on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't refill smokes, and nova sucks.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't refill smokes, and nova sucks.

Nine people throwing a smoke nade into one area = massive confusion

Nine People throwing a nova into one area = umad?

Think about radiation on B dom with nine people all tossing a nova gas into that when someone is trying to cap.

iRevert on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nine people throwing a combined total of 27, refillable decoy grenades simultaneously = LUNGING FOR THE FUCKING MUTE BUTTON

I can imagine many things faster. more amusing, and more effective at clearing Radiation's B flag than nova.

Like, 9 RPGs. Or LAWs. Or China Lakes.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nine people throwing a combined total of 27, refillable decoy grenades simultaneously = LUNGING FOR THE FUCKING MUTE BUTTON

I can imagine many things faster. more amusing, and more effective at clearing Radiation's B flag than nova.

I really want to get a group of people together on PC and do the Decoy Clusterfuck - because I think of how ridiculously effective it would be.

BITCH, FUCK YOUR RADAR SCREEN.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Or just toss a cloud of Tomahawks down onto the the cap.

I think the potential for pub rage is much greater in that situation.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Like, my HK21.

I have a class called "Radiation Domination". It's good as a Dom overwatch class. In the Radiation B corridor it's Death's chosen weapon.

This isn't Hyperbole Thursday. Death handed me his scythe and turned it into a Heckler and Koch LMG with Extended Clips. Then he decreed that I would use FJ, Hardened and TM Pro and sit behind one of the boxes in the B corridor. He also granted unto me a Motion Sensor which I should place at the back end of the corridor so that I would know if any soul should be reaped while attempting to capture A/C.

Of the many pubby Radiation Dom games I've played with that build I've only lost one. One. Even against teams.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nova Gas is extraordinarily underrated and utilitarian.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    milk ducks wrote: »

I nova gass the SHIT out of most maps, i don't get why more people don't use it or the perk that protects against it.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nova gas is great in objective modes for area denial. In TDM or FFA it's just bad.

(<3 Nova Gas)

The same holds (mostly) true for TM (Pro).

(<3 TM Pro)

Those two are always on my dedicated Dom classes.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Nova Gas being truly good would be bad: then people would use TM. Then more people would get TM Pro. NERF NOVA GAS. It's the only way to be sure.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nova Gas is trash. Give the enemy the coughs for a bit while he blast you in the face with 74u. Also Ghost protects againist all forms of tacticool nades anyways.

I do agree though, Tac mask Pro is pretty damn boss. Makes me feel like a unstoppable rusher or camper, works very well for a lot of situations.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nova isn't really used the same way as the other tactical grenades; you don't necesarily toss one in a room just to get the advantage on the guy camped inside. It's more about area denial, like Music said. If you throw some on an objective, it will kill anyone trying to take it if they don't move.

I like it use it as an "early warning detection", as well; like on Summit Domination, at the start of a round when we roll into B from C-side, the enemy can basically only come from two possible positions: the front door, or from the left-side entrance above the cliff. If I toss Nova Gas into the front door entryway, I can watch the left door, because if anyone tries to come through the front, I'll see the damage start to tick off, and I can pick him off as he comes around the corner.

In TDM and FFA, I can see how it'd be a lot less useful, but on Objective game types, there are few tactical grenades better, in my opinion.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    MW2 was unsalvageable, buggy, trash. BLOPs does not make it better by comparison. It had some good ideas though.
    I like it use it as an "early warning detection"

That's basically it. Plant a claymore in one hallway, throw gas in another, and you've effectively narrowed down enemy movement.

It doesn't benefit the Lightweight/Marathon Constantly Moving style of play, and in some cases hinders it. So obviously it falls into either the over powered or completely useless columns. Depending on the situation, of course.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yea, my new favorite class is all about objective defense.
    M60, Emag
    Strella to shoot down everything the second it shows up
    Flak Jacket
    Hardened Pro
    Tac Mask
    Nova, Frag, Claymore

I am loving M60.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I nova gass the SHIT out of most maps, i don't get why more people don't use it or the perk that protects against it.

I <3 Tac mask pro, it's amazing vs those people who think "Har de har! Flashbangs LULZ!" and then they proceed to get stomped by a crazed british mad man wielding a Stoner 63 with extended mags, treating the C entrance to B on Radiation like a fairground duck shoot!

That got me a 22 killstreak don't you know! I run Tac mask pro on every class and it's not let me down. Not once.

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My one and only issue with Tactical Mask is that, since so few people actually use Nova Gas, it's kind of like running without a third perk until you unlock TacMask Pro, which usually takes me about 35 levels; that's a long time to gimp yourself, you know what I mean? Once you've got it unlocked though, it's a game-changer.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My one and only issue with Tactical Mask is that, since so few people actually use Nova Gas, it's kind of like running without a third perk until you unlock TacMask Pro, which usually takes me about 35 levels; that's a long time to gimp yourself, you know what I mean? Once you've got it unlocked though, it's a game-changer.

Oh tell me about it, but when people do actually use Nova gas once in a blue moon and everyone runs away except you, whilst you take the B point and gun down the enemy team because they wern't expecting anyone to run Tactical mask, it's amazing.

Also, I really should of called myself Groltag on these forums :shock:

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I find (on 360 anyway) that people very rarely use nova gas. Hell I don't even get flashbanged very often. Not nearly enough to make getting Tac Mask pro worthwhile. Hacker, on the other hand has saved my ass lots of times. Being able to hack enemy equipment is awesome too. I shit a brick when I realized you could hack claymores.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I always use nova gas except for my domination flak jacket class which uses smokes.

Also coming first in a PA game with Americans whilst drunk on malt whiskey is pretty great fun. I had to stop near the end though because I was finding it hard to aim and I had work in eight hours. My hang over ended at about 6pm.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pretty much just use Flashbangs on every class but my Witcher; that one has smokes.

[/boring]

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I wasn't going to post this video, because I know how strongly you guys feel about spawn trapping. But in the end, that's exactly why I decided to toss it up. Even though results like this are exceptionally rare for a number of reasons, including the fact that it just can't work against anyone who's playing even remotely as a team, I still agree that it's bullshit. I do have a lot of fun in Demolition, but I'd like to see this particular problem fixed by the time Modern Warfare 3 releases. So, again, that's why I'm posting this here -- the more people that know about this kind of cheese, the more likely it is to get changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKw7uSwimio

Now, how do you think this kind of issue could get resolved? Does Demolition need Domination-style spawning rules, where you get flipped over to your secondary spawning positions if the enemy's in your primary spawning zone? And would that negatively effect the way Demolition games play out? Does there need to be Berlin Wall-style automated defenses protecting each spawn (which certainly wouldn't stop us from camping a spawn-- but it would force us to stay back, stopping us from being able to knife people in the backs as they pop in).

Would an increase in the number of posible spawns in a given area help? It would stop the knifing thing, although, we'd still end up running in and doing this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDTLPF2Krnk

Which is certainly more sportsman-like than simply knifing people in the backs as they spawn.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your suggestions: how can this issue realistically get fixed?

milk ducks on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Painkiller.

OH WAIT

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    As much as I hate Painkiller, and I hate Painkiller; yeah, it does do a lot to stop this.

Having said that, Modern Warfare 2 is where we learned how to do it in the first place.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys a question, one pc on the network can connect to black ops, one can't. Its not the firewall thats off, ports open etc.

Anything i should check?

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That knife in the back clip was just plain stupid. How does that even happen?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That is the most ridiculously stupid spawn system I have ever seen.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFBFu2oNAg

I think this sums it up quite nicely. Holy, holy shit.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also sorry for bailing earlier but my wee brother and a friend just came in the house so I thought I should greet them and such like.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who would actually stay there and get killed that many times?

I would certainly quit out of that match.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    haha what

what

That's why I never play Demo. It's bad.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFBFu2oNAg

I think this sums it up quite nicely. Holy, holy shit.

W...T...F?! I'll certainly never play Demolition until that shit gets patched. No wonder people can have such a high k/d streak.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone up for some games later tonight?

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I might actually play some.

Also, I know how we all feel about quickscoping, but goddamnit if this isn't entertaining to watch. It's really well edited.

pretty awesome

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    W...T...F?! I'll certainly never play Demolition until that shit gets patched. No wonder people can have such a high k/d streak.

That's the thing, though; it's not a glitch that needs "patched". Demolition was intentionally designed that way; each side gets one primary spawn on their side of the map, while the objectives are centrally located. Unlike game types like Domination, you don't get spawned in secondary safe-zones if the enemy's in your primary area -- you just keep spawning into fire. It's been that way since the mode was introduced in Modern Warfare 2, which, as I said before, is where we first learned the tactic.

My question to the forum is, "If you don't like it, how would you fix it?"

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't mind tac-mask all that much in the un-pro version. While it's not as powerful as, say, vanilla hacker, it's still worth it for me for the peace of mind. I like not having to spend a split second not worrying whether that gas cloud between me and the enemy is friendly or hostile.

That said, the pro challenges for tacmask are a pain and a half. For some reason, the game seems to track maybe one in three times that I kill a guy who's been stunned. Coming up on the fifth prestige grinding that one out, and I still haven't hit on the Magic Window of Opportunity between 'throw tactical grenade' and 'kill stunned dude'.

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Demo started out broken, is still broken, and will remain broken, simply because people refuse to actually play it in any way that is remotely fun for all parties involved, which is a problem that the gametype perpetuates in one infinitely infuriating circle jerk, because its very nature encourages such behavior.

The only two reasons to play Demo are...

A) The other playlists aren't working.

B) You want an excuse to play something else.

And milk, no offense, I like making pubs mad/getting easy kills as much as the next guy, but just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh man. That is very bad design.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If they were running Ghost then they wouldn't of died.
    <3

Just make a sheild that gives god mode for 3 seconds. Is it rewarding shitty players? Yes. It counters spawn trapping though. Let sheilded people able to kill the people in their spawn. Sure there is gonna be bitching but if you wanna balance things out then thats how you do it. Dont wanna get owned by a sheilded player? Get the hell out of their spawn then.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah...that Dem video was some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Doesn't TF2 have a spawn room.

joshgotro on