Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A bracing morning swim: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed PbP

1235713

Posts

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I despair for you all, I really do. If I were you I'd be hunting down @Infidel and asking him why he programmed his dice to hate you so much.
    Spoiler:

    Oh man.

    These are some high stakes dodge and/or parry rolls from Merrick and Gavnog due here.

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Man did you ever need it! That would have a been roll on the +4 critical table on the body otherwise.

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    The dice want merrick dead.

    50/50 chance to dodge again, and I get a 94.
    http://orokos.com/roll/67798

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Gonna sacrifice your next attack for an attempt at a parry or take the hit?

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose Registered User regular
    While you guys figure that out, Kazrik is going to miss again. Closer though!

    Espite the distraction of Godric weaving away from him, the thug Kazrik was trying to gut still managed to get a buckle in the way of his knife, and the wall was still stopping him from getting the leverage necessary.

    Another go at thug D: 1d100 44

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    DropBox invite link - get 250MB extra free.
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    Merrick's gonna take the hit -- He's only got a 21% chance to parry it.

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Bad choice.
    Spoiler:

    Time for a fate point?

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    Sounds like it, how do fate points work?

    Actually, at this point I think I'd rather have spent a fate point instead of losing next action, and having a 21% chance to parry AND using a fate point.

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Something less fatal of my choice happens. In this case:

    Seeing a nasty axe wound being inflicted on their comrade gives the footpads the boost of fear needed to really lay the beatdown. A blow for Gavnog's bare abdomen is barely dodged at the last minute but Merrick is less lucky. The club of his opponent comes swinging at his exposed arm but at the last moment the footpad slips on a wet patch of pavement and the blow instead catches the haft of his axe. The flat of the weapon springs up and smacks him cleanly in the centre of the forehead. His eyes cross and he collapses gently to the alley floor, blowing bubbles in a puddle.

    "Bring 'em down!" shouts the gang leader,"If they're willing to die for it they must have riches indeed!"

    Jam Warrior on
    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Thanks for the help Jam.

    ALSO HOLY SHIT I JUST HIT THE GUY!!!!! I HIT EM!!!

    Roll to hit against Footpad: 1d100 25

    I don't even know what happens now.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna leave this attack roll here, in a dark alley where it can be beaten up by muggers.

    Attack roll: 1d100 62

  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Damage roll +2 (mighty blow and 1 greater strength): 1d6+2 5

    5 damage to the left arm.

    I win.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Godric roars in triumph as he straight up breaks the footpad's arm.

    "Who's next? I'm tired and hungry!"

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A bit unnerved by actually hitting someone with his axe, Ilumor just goes back to missing the guy in front of him.

    Miss

    Icerimp on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    End of round, Gavnog will back up into Merrick's vacated space and the enemy will follow up.

    Ilumor's opponent backs up so I assume you're following up to make your miss?

    Footpad attempts to parry Godric and fails.

    1d100 → [61] = (61)

    Godric has removed the footpad's entire wound buffer in one hit and shit scared him but no critical rolls yet. He also backs up so will you follow up?

    Jam Warrior on
    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Yes, following up. Sorry to keep jumping ahead.

  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Yea, gotta get in that ass. Do whatever gets me in there.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Merrick is out for the count so on to footpads.

    B and D, having failed to parry nasty blows and not fancying taking another hit, will both leg it. Ilumor and Godric can each take a free attack on them as they turn their back if so desired.

    Jam Warrior on
    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    No reason not to, eh? Do I get a bonus besides winning (+10)?

    Roll to hit on fleeing footpad: 1d100 65

    65 so it's probably academic.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Ilumor apparently has no qualms about axeing some jerk in the back.

    Hit with a 3? What the hell, warhammer?

    Damage: 8??
    Crit confirm: Confirms crit, 3 more damage

    So, yeah, 11 damage total to his back.

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Holy poop. Someone else can check the wording but on the tables if they have them to hand but a +8 critical roll (1d100 → [64] = (64) on the crit table) is most certainly instant messy death. I'll deal with the rest of the footpads in a moment.

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose Registered User regular
    That's a body hit, right? Yeah, I think you just disembowelled the guy, from behind.
    Messy.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    DropBox invite link - get 250MB extra free.
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    I think it's right arm, actually.

  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    he blew his arm off in a gyser of blood and gore.

    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Two of the footpads decide they've had enough and turn to flee. One manages to evade Godric and heads off into the night past his cursing compatriot, the other attempting to disengage from Ilumor is not so lucky. Taking a clear blow as the man turns, Ilumor smashes his two-handed axe through his arm into his chest, caving in one side of his ribcage. The arm is utterly destroyed and everyone nearby is showered with blood as the footpad collapses to a lifeless heap.

    The footpad forcing Gavnog further and further back up the alley doesn't seem to notice the carnage, so intent is he on bring down the dwarf, but he can't land that final blow.

    Merrick's assailant stands gawping for a second before launching at Ilumor with murder in his eyes and a scream on his lips.

    "Gunther!" he cries, "You've killed him you pointy eared bastard!"
    .

    The usual mocking cries from the back of the alley are absent, as is the man who usually made them. He too saw Gunther's fate and made a sharp and uncharacteristically silent exit.
    Spoiler:

    Too lazy too fire up the real computer so MSPaint map time!

    streetnightturn2-1.jpg

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose Registered User regular
    So… A is attacking Illumor, C is after Gavnog, and Merrick has been sucked into the Warp?
    Is there a test I need to make for Kazrik to get around Godric and maybe charge C?

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    DropBox invite link - get 250MB extra free.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Gavnog is standing on Merrick.

    Sounds fine. No test needed. You'll get both +10 charge and +10 flank attack.

    Jam Warrior on
    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Godric never really had to fight anyone with a mace before. Usually he just clouted drunks on the head with it.

    Hit roll against footpad +20 charging and flank: 1d100 74

    Big fat miss.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Attack roll: 1d100 29 Hot dang, I hit something! Now to figure this out. Let's say this is vs Thug A

    DAMAGE: 1d6+5 11 extra damage: 1d100 59 oh well.

    So that's 8 damage to his left leg. Ouch
    CRIT: 1d100 39
    He's swept to the floor, drops anything he's holding and loses D4 wounds each round, and can only stand and walk with support.

    Worth the wait.

    Seeing their new friends begin to turn and flee as he stumbles back over the halfling, Gavnog howls in anger as pain shoots through his broken arm. Momentarily stunned by the outburst, the thug before him leaves himself open to a vicious punch to the groin. The man whimpers and falls to the floor, his hip shattered by the dwarf's meaty fist.

    Grog on
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ilumor looks somewhat surprised at the flurry from the other thug, the tall elf holding his ground. "Had it coming, he did. Maybe you should scurry off also," he suggests, breathing hard as he moves to swing, before Gavnog shatters the poor fellow's groin. Ouch. Turning about, he instead goes after the one behind the dwarf.

    Hit to the left leg on Thug B. 7 damage.

    Icerimp on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    +2 Crit roll 1d100 → [57] = (57)

    Chopper Ilumor turns on the last footpad and with a single stroke, hacks his leg clean off at the knee. With another spray of blood he screams and collapses into a writhing heap on the floor. Ilumor is spattered in gore now and looks like a vision from a nightmare as he wields his dripping axe.

    The knocking out of the halfling seems to have been the impetus the party needed to find their fighting spirit and the attempted mugging is now most definitely now over. Two men have fled into the night and two bodies lie on the floor missing limbs, (one still barely breathing, one expired). The man with the shattered hip and soiled breeches grunts as he desperately, but oh so slowly, tries to crawl away.


    What do you want to do now?

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Before the adrenaline can wear off, Gavnog charges headlong into the bolted door, determined not to let the old trickster get away.

    Strength Check to bust down the door.: 1d100 5 BAM

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The door smashes into splinters as the manic dwarf bursts through into the building. Inside is a clearly abandoned house. Piles of rags in a corner indicate that someone may have been using this as a bedroom at some point. The smell indicates someone was also using it as a privy. The stairs to the upper level have long since rotted away and a door on the opposite wall hangs open. There is no sign of anybody inside.

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Ilumor grimaces from the mess on his clothes, but apparently intends to use it to full effect. After glancing at Merrick in concern, he plods over to move in front of the thug trying to crawl off, dropping to his knees before him, the elf a bloody mess. He lightly smacks the dripping blade of his axe onto the ground before the thug, the metal ringing out. "Where'd he go, friend? The man who lured us here. You're going to tell me, aren't you?"

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Willpower test 1d100 → [19] = (19). Dude is apparently a rock!

    The footpad crawls himself up to sitting against a wall and glares at you, his mouth clamped tight shut. That is when he can meet your gaze as most of the time his eyes are screwed shut with pain.

    Once he has passed his check then nothing is going to get him talking short of torture. This risks killing him and will cause insanity points to anyone of good alignment (whether they inflict it or merely allow it to be inflicted). He is probably going to bleed out and die very soon anyway as none of you have the requisite knowledge (heal wounds or surgery skills) to stabilise his wounds.

    Speaking of which, you should all pick an alignment! Details pg. 89 Law/Good/Neutral/Evil/Chaos. Default is good for elves and neutral for all else but as you are 'experienced roleplayers' you can pick. According to the book Halflings can only be neutral and Elves can only be Good or Law, but if you want to push it I'll let you be a special flower.

    Also speaking of which, following their close encounters with mortality (taking a critical hit), Merrick and Gavnog will both gain an insanity point :rotate:

    Jam Warrior on
    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    A little disappointed that he hadn't uncovered a vile den of evil behind the door, the slayer is suddenly brought back to the present by the sharp pain in his arm.
    "Ah doubt we'll get much outta these lads. Least we found a place fer the night tho, eh?"


    Neutral's the only way for a suicidal warrior.

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It smells really bad. And when I said no sign of anyone inside I was referring to humans. There was a host of general scurrying and dashing for the piles of refuse when you burst through the door. The ceiling is sagging and dripping in a number of places and the floor is soggy to flooded throughout.

    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior Dear Secret Santa...
  • IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Ilumor sighs and rises from the hurt thug, moving to the door leading into the foul building. He grimaces some at the smell, his delicate nostrils flaring, but he looks around at the floor closely. It's not exactly the forest, but...

    Would Follow Trail apply here, if Ilumor can pick up some sign of the guy? Also, going with Good aligned.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Sounds like fine accomodation for a dwarf. But I guess we have elves in tow.

Sign In or Register to comment.