As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Steam thing must be off. I just realized I have nearly 100 hours in Borderlands and it's only showing a few. Also I must have hundreds in L4D 1 and 2, but it's hardly showing any. A lot of those are on the Mac, but that should still be totaled.

the total played time stat didn't show up till after l4d1 at least had been out for a while. i don't know exactly when it did show up but I know that's why steam thinks I've barely played L4D or earlier games like HL2

Just to chime in with the , EH? Steam has my TF2 as only 5 hours played and urm.. yeah no.

edit: And since this is a terrible TOTP have some class

9XuSt.png

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Might as well. Any suggestions for said mods and scripts?
    Well, besides the obligatory horn-tootin' of recommending the Naval Shuffle and Energy Cell-Free Stations ('cause seriously, fuck the whole Energy Cell thing) there's the NPC Bailing Addon which changes how the AI calculates ejecting from a damaged ship and even lets the crews from capital ships abandon ship (Very handy for getting capital for starting out and snagging certain rare ship models) the Orbital Accelerator to Jump Gate script which makes it possible to jump right to Terran sectors instead of slogging through the whole system from the Asteroid Belt, and Weapon Quickswap which is awesome for switching between different gun loadouts on the fly (using beam weapons to snipe at long range and wear the enemy down, then switching to capital cannons to launch a killing salvo once the enemy's in close enough range to make dodging impossible. That cheat script also has a bunch of useful game-oriented functions like infinite undocked saving (because when you need to save, you need to save RIGHT THE FUCK THERE) and map revealing (of dubious use in your first game, but greatly appreciated in your second, third and tenth games). Beyond those, though, it's really preference.

Alright, I'll keep it in mind. Any central page for getting mods and stuff, like the Nexus is for TES games, or do I just rev up the Google-fu?
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I might take you up on that. I didn't mean to come off as cranky - if I did, sorry, long week. If people can take advantage, it looks totally worth it. I'm just jealous!

No problem, no problem. If you do decide to, give me a PM. I'm seeing if I buy anything to make sure it still works, but I'm not seeing a lot that looks tempting.

Does Supreme Commander activate on Steam? I've been somewhat curious about that game for a bit now, and for 4 euro...

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm available for L4D2'ing. The steamgroup (Armadeaddon) is also the second most active PA steamgroup there is (after PA main), and runs VS pretty much every night (Though generally this is between bitter vets. Oh so bitter.)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ZigsZigs Registered User regular
    What do you have to do get invited to the steam group? :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A big thanks to Chocobolicious for Ys! You need more room on your avatar because you could use another top hat on there.

And thanks to Kalia too!

Drake on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Catshade wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the sale page for warband? Cant seem to find it just by searching amazon.

This link for the overall sale is helpful... in general. Not for you, though, because although Warband is listed it's currently saying a download version isn't available (other than the demo). Sorry.

Blame me. Warband's product description mistakenly noted that Steam is required for activation and installation. I told Amazon's CS about it, and they quickly issued a refund (while letting me keep the non-Steam-activated key) and pulled the game from the sale.

It might not require Steam, but it can be registered on Steam. That doesn't seem justification to completely remove it from the sale. It's not a Steamworks sale, anyway.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Zigs wrote: »

Be around longer.

Hang around, contribute to discussions, and in time you will be invited. We're not exclusive, but we do try to keep it to people who have had an active presence on the forums for at least 6 months. It keeps out the leechers and riff-raff.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Be around longer.

Hang around, contribute to discussions, and in time you will be invited. We're not exclusive, but we do try to keep it to people who have had an active presence on the forums for at least 6 months. It keeps out the leechers and riff-raff.

Okay thanks alot ^^

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    The Saboteur is currently $5 on Amazon. Does it register on Origin?

I don't think so...but not 100% sure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Sir_Carcass, it's good to see you're still farming. I'll have to pick it up sometime, it just seems to be a good game to find a groove and relax, kind of like what I'm doing lately with Microsoft Flight.

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Just knocked out Mass Effect 2 the other day. I've been attacking the big games in my backlog the past few months, but I think it's time to give my Indie games some attention. I think I bought two bundles that I haven't even looked at yet...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Catshade wrote: »

It might not require Steam, but it can be registered on Steam. That doesn't seem justification to completely remove it from the sale. It's not a Steamworks sale, anyway.
    It was removed from teh sale because the keys WOULDN'T register on steam, and the sales page explicitly stated that they would.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Might as well. Any suggestions for said mods and scripts?
    Well, besides the obligatory horn-tootin' of recommending the Naval Shuffle and Energy Cell-Free Stations ('cause seriously, fuck the whole Energy Cell thing) there's the NPC Bailing Addon which changes how the AI calculates ejecting from a damaged ship and even lets the crews from capital ships abandon ship (Very handy for getting capital for starting out and snagging certain rare ship models) the Orbital Accelerator to Jump Gate script which makes it possible to jump right to Terran sectors instead of slogging through the whole system from the Asteroid Belt, and Weapon Quickswap which is awesome for switching between different gun loadouts on the fly (using beam weapons to snipe at long range and wear the enemy down, then switching to capital cannons to launch a killing salvo once the enemy's in close enough range to make dodging impossible. That cheat script also has a bunch of useful game-oriented functions like infinite undocked saving (because when you need to save, you need to save RIGHT THE FUCK THERE) and map revealing (of dubious use in your first game, but greatly appreciated in your second, third and tenth games). Beyond those, though, it's really preference.
    These are awesome recommendations.

And let us know when Naval Shuffle's updated again!

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    @Sir_Carcass, it's good to see you're still farming. I'll have to pick it up sometime, it just seems to be a good game to find a groove and relax, kind of like what I'm doing lately with Microsoft Flight.

It is!

Though I haven't played it this week (been playing other non-Steam games), but I haven't given up on my little farm yet. I think once I get the $10 million achievement I can consider it done. I've got most of the best equipment right now, so it's just a matter of rolling the harvests in.

But yeah, it is pretty relaxing. For the most part you'll be "hiring workers" (basically turning on autopilot for your tractors), but there's a few things you have to do yourself, aside from the actual management decisions. If you pick it up, send me a PM or Steam IM and we'll hook up with some multiplayer so I can show you the ropes. It can be kind of daunting at first (the only reason I didn't start it sooner, I was gifted the game back during the Christmas sale).

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    The daily deal is almost over, and you have decided not to get SpaceChem? (dumb decision I might add)

Here:
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Last call. Less than an hour.

signature.png

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    double post.

anoffday on
  • Options

It is!

Though I haven't played it this week (been playing other non-Steam games), but I haven't given up on my little farm yet. I think once I get the $10 million achievement I can consider it done. I've got most of the best equipment right now, so it's just a matter of rolling the harvests in.

But yeah, it is pretty relaxing. For the most part you'll be "hiring workers" (basically turning on autopilot for your tractors), but there's a few things you have to do yourself, aside from the actual management decisions. If you pick it up, send me a PM or Steam IM and we'll hook up with some multiplayer so I can show you the ropes. It can be kind of daunting at first (the only reason I didn't start it sooner, I was gifted the game back during the Christmas sale).

Will do!

Right now I'm also doing my best to figure out Football Manager 2012, because I want to set up a summer league with some friends.

• Options
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition has just been reduced to 9.99, and it's Steamplay, so it works on the Mac too!

• Options
    Frozen Synapse is the daily. $8.49

Keep in mind that gives you an extra copy to gift

• Options

If I own it, and buy it, does that give me two copies to gift?

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    0Nbe3.pngyzVXb.png
    header_292x136.jpg header_292x136.jpg
    QefZd.pngQefZd.png

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Weekend and daily are disappointing. Not like I needed more games though.

• Options
    johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Has that classy crab been adopted as by PA forum as a official steam mascot or something?

johnwing on
  • Options
    johnwing wrote: »
    Has that classy crab been adopted as by PA forum as a official steam mascot or something?

Absolutely.

• Options

I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say it worked like 4 packs, ie you can only buy it if you don't already own it. You could probably gift it to someone that doesn't have it and they would get the second copy to gift.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    johnwing wrote: »

Absolutely.

We are HIS mascot. The alternative is unthinkable.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, Darksiders finished. That's another game off the backlog! Nice ending, too. It's rare that a "to be continued" ending leaves one satisfied, but the simplicity of Darksiders' did. And the game was neat.

Now, decisions. I had intended to get X3 TC, but you damn people keep tempting me with CK2. Only money for one, so I'll be over here thinking on it.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Does Supreme Commander activate on Steam? I've been somewhat curious about that game for a bit now, and for 4 euro...

Yes, and not only that, but activating SupCom: Forged Alliance on steam gives you the expansion AND the base game:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    also the other way around too

i bought supreme commander on amazon last time and i got both

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

Be around longer.

Okay thanks alot ^^

Just to be clear, you can still join the chat and find PA people to play games with and stuff. It's just that the groups are used for giveaways so they're not auto-invites.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Be around longer.

Okay thanks alot ^^

Just to be clear, you can still join the chat and find PA people to play games with and stuff. It's just that the groups are used for giveaways so they're not auto-invites.

Oh okay, thanks for the quick responses ^^

Zigs on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say it worked like 4 packs, ie you can only buy it if you don't already own it. You could probably gift it to someone that doesn't have it and they would get the second copy to gift.

The question is: If you buy it as a gift, but choose to add it to your inventory, how many copies will you receive?
    My guess, like you said, is that you only get one copy of the game but the person who redeems it gets another one. I would try to contact support to get this cleared but I doubt they will reply before the daily is over.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    You guys should buy Frozen Synapse, it's a really great game

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so planeswalker for the weekend deal.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Okay, after a few more races of Blur with PA folks, this game is amazing. Giving away another copy of the game! To enter this silly contest, all you have to do is send me a picture of the classy crab in your favorite scene from a car movie. Replace vin diesel with the crab, have the crab race around San Fancisco from Bullit, whatever you want. Send me pictures and the one I like best will get a copy of blur. I'll figure out the winner when I get home from work tonight, so theres a good 10+ hours. After this contest i'll have 1 more copy to give away in new and creative ways.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The Saboteur is currently $5 on Amazon. Does it register on Origin?

I don't think so...but not 100% sure.

The Saboteur doesn't register on anything.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    <3 goes to CorriganX for Blur.

Its actually quite a fun racer. Snappy sound and werid zappy power ups. Its basically Mario Kart with cars.

We got to win a race with beat up, rusty beetles in a half flooded track!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Okay, after a few more races of Blur with PA folks, this game is amazing. Giving away another copy of the game! To enter this silly contest, all you have to do is send me a picture of the classy crab in your favorite scene from a car movie. Replace vin diesel with the crab, have the crab race around San Fancisco from Bullit, whatever you want. Send me pictures and the one I like best will get a copy of blur. I'll figure out the winner when I get home from work tonight, so theres a good 10+ hours. After this contest i'll have 1 more copy to give away in new and creative ways.

Entered! :D

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    What're the odds that we can get official Classy Crab skins worked in as DLC for Dungeon Defenders?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.