As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @AnakinOU has conceded the war declared a truce between our warring...wallets?
    We've decided to take the rest of the summer and fall off and shall ignite anew our jolly-bombs come Christmas sale time.

In the meantime...WAR SHALL COMMENCE UPON ANOTHER NATION!!
    PREPARE FOR OPENING SALVO!

*pew*pew*pew*

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Has anyone seen expansions end up on the daily? My thoughts are that G&K won't be cheaper since even if the rest of the Civ5 stuff became a daily it wouldn't be cheaper than it is now, so there's no reason why G&K would suddenly be more than 25% off ever, right?

Didn't the Batman: Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC get cheaper when Arkham City was on a flash deal?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So I picked up Bastion when it was a flash sale yesterday for $3.74, and since I don't see a thread for it I'll just go ahead and post about it here. Total gametime was 7 hours, and it was brilliant.

Bittersweet, bittersweet ending. God.
    "If you're asking if there's any reason why this wouldn't happen again, the answer is: 'I don't know.'"

Endings. Plural.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    The sale on Metro 2033 makes me want to install the copy I bought in the Winter Sale.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    And @elderlycrawfish sent me a "Sorry you got fired" copy of Civ 5. :) Thanks much man, I really appreciate it. I would've said thanks on steam but you're showing as offline D:

Edit - For the new page.
    Whelp. Knew it was coming within the next month or so, but just got laid off, so the giveaways are not the most expensive, but they're games I've had fun with (KOTOR) and a game I'm interested in playing coop (Trine 2). Also really short timers, so more chance to win. Enter now!

signature.png

signature.png

Enjoy guys :D

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I just want to point out as it hasn't seen a bump that more people need to enter into the Orange Box giveaway if you don't have it.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/A7icv/the-orange-box

I'd enter but I have everything except HL2 in it already.

For crying out loud the Bad Rats giveaway has more entries than this

iRevert on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen expansions end up on the daily? My thoughts are that G&K won't be cheaper since even if the rest of the Civ5 stuff became a daily it wouldn't be cheaper than it is now, so there's no reason why G&K would suddenly be more than 25% off ever, right?

Didn't the Batman: Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC get cheaper when Arkham City was on a flash deal?

Cheaper than what? Than when Batman:AC was the daily? Or just in general? If the former then whooo I'm jumping on this right now.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    So after a round of killing floor which was fun as hell, even if I spent most of the fun parts dead, @SutibunRi comes out of nowhere and gives me Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic as a gift!

Classy gentlemen that he is, this man, thanks a lot again!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options

Cheaper than what? Than when Batman:AC was the daily? Or just in general? If the former then whooo I'm jumping on this right now.

Not sure. All I know is I paid $3 and change for it, and it's over $6 now. I don't even recall Batman being on daily yet.

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    So do we think Civ V: Gods and Kings is going to be any lower then 25% off?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Serious Sam 3: Yay or Nay?

If you like First and Second Encounter then very Yay.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Major content packages have not matched discounts, as far as new stuff. Gods and Kings and Fall of The Samurai have both retained seperate discounts from their main games. So I would not wager on Gods and Kings getting cheaper.

However a poster here named @Klyka was offering to get it for folks for 16 bucks, cheaper in their region I think.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    I want to give more stuff away but I have a very short friends list. Also my Magicka giveaway is still running. 3 copies. Only 2 entries. Only open to the PA steam group. Pretty good odds!

signature.png
    Well maybe if you had a link to your steam profile somewhere, people could friend you. hmmmmm?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drake wrote: »

Yeah I loved the shit out of it. ESPECIALLY with co-op.

Still waiting on opinions on Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

Can anyone just give me a flat yes or no: Is it as good as Dead Rising 2? Does it have equally as much content?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I have been told it is Dead Rising 2 but with a better story and even more content, plus Frank West.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I've heard it's as good as DR2, dunno about as much content though. I think people just passed it up because it's Capcoms usual milking of a franchise thing, not because it's bad. I know I'm likely waiting for a 5 dollar range price.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Drake wrote: »

Yeah I loved the shit out of it. ESPECIALLY with co-op.

Still waiting on opinions on Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

Can anyone just give me a flat yes or no: Is it as good as Dead Rising 2? Does it have equally as much content?

Isn't it just about the exact same as Dead Rising 2, but instead of the other dude you play as Frank West? I mean its like 95% the same content, right?

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    So Mirror's Edge. Everyone seems to love the crap out of it. I've never played it. Do you just run on top of buildings?

Not only buildings. There are some levels at street-level, the obvious sewer level, etc. It's a really fun game that I love the shit out of, even though I never really got into the time-trials thing. It just has that whole "never played this before" thing combined with great aesthetics.

ME is amazing, aside from a few of the forced combat sections.

Now, where's my first person Spider-man mod for Mirror's Edge?!
    Until this moment I did not know I needed this, but I do.... I really really do

Has this been tried before? I mean, first person swinging action? (Tribes 3 doesn't count.)
    Rope arrows?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    W00t! Orcs Must Die! 2 prepurchase is live!

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Wahaha! My wife broke down and got a Steam account. For Bejewelled 3, mind you... but it is a start!

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Dead Rising 2 actually made my list of shit games to never play(again).

I don't put many games on that list.

And I may have been in a drunken rage at the time.

But there it is.

RT800 on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    So, any opinions on Trine 2? Better or worse than Trine 1? On a scale of 1 to Trine, where Trine is thrice twine, where does Trine fall?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Mackenzier wrote: »
    Wahaha! My wife broke down and got a Steam account. For Bejewelled 3, mind you... but it is a start!

Step 2: Gift her a game
    Step 3: Show her the daily sales and tell her how much she could be saving

• Options
    edited July 2012

After my 20ish hours of playing I feel comfortable sharing this advice with you/her... Lightning mode is bullshit and should only be played if you're a masochist. Otherwise, have fun. Hah.

Decoy on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Out of my friends list which is 108 people. I think about 90 of them are people from the forums. Let it be known I'm stalking you all.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    A big classy thanks to @SuitbunRi for Hitman Blood Money! And to @Spoit for the Polynesia Civ 5 pack! And yes I do finally have internet again!... although right now I'm still at work... But I finally have it at home!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    @SutibunRi is apparently on a ninja streak - I found myself with Dungeons of Dredmor Complete. Thanks man!

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    i have 12 people in my friends list

they are all people who randomly invited me during TF2 and I have never spoken to any of them.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So Prince of Persia '08 is unplayable for me because it basically freezes every time I try to start a new game. I mean, it doesn't truly freeze, but the loading screen animates in extreme slow motion, like maybe one frame every five seconds until I finally lose patience and ctrl+alt+del the damn thing.

The really sad part is...I have owned PoP08 since last summer sale, and am only finding this out now because I have never installed it.

• Options
    So, any opinions on Trine 2? Better or worse than Trine 1? On a scale of 1 to Trine, where Trine is thrice twine, where does Trine fall?

First off, its a stunningly gorgeous game. Second off, coop while on voice chat was a blast. I've played 2 hours of coop last night and it was fun as hell.

Although allowing everyone to play whatever they want makes the platforming puzzles super exploitable by a 3 pack of maxed out wizards.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Goddamit now i regret not buying bejewelled 3 on the flash sale,what the hell is steam doing to me

AdditionalPylons on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Yes, but Bejewelled leads to Puzzle Quest. Puzzle Quest leads to Torchlight. And before you know it, she'll be scarfing down indie bundles with both hands. So it has been written. So it shall come to pass.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    W00t! Orcs Must Die! 2 prepurchase is live!

Niiiiiiice!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Oh, and to those of you who recommended Crusader Kings II? Thank you. And go to hell. Goddamn medieval soap opera crack, right there.

Bwahah.

Bwahahahah.

BWAHAHAHAH!
    And go to hell.

You know, there's actually an in-game event for that ...

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

Yes, the Harley DLC got the same discount as the rest of the Arkham City DLC and base game during the flash deal.

Also, Gods & Kings is cheaper now, during the Civ flash sale, than it has been during the rest of the sale. It's 25% off until the flash sale ends, then it'll go back to 10% off.

So no, I really can't see it going cheaper than it is now.

• Options
    Brilliantly Horrible Steam enabler thread is Brilliantly Horrible Steam enable thread.

G&K bought and I love you all!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    And @elderlycrawfish sent me a "Sorry you got fired" copy of Civ 5. :) Thanks much man, I really appreciate it. I would've said thanks on steam but you're showing as offline D:

That's terrible! How are you going to find a new job when you're stuck playing Just. One. More. Turn. for weeks on-end?

• Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I would like to give my thanks to @SutibunRi for gifting me Guns of Icarus. Haven't a clue what's that, but it looks steampunk, which is universally fun.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    Yes, but Bejewelled leads to Puzzle Quest. Puzzle Quest leads to Torchlight. And before you know it, she'll be scarfing down indie bundles with both hands. So it has been written. So it shall come to pass.

Hehe! I am going to be watching the Indie sales now for things she might enjoy.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    Silly Elvenshae, Civ IS his job now.

Forever!

This discussion has been closed.