As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] With new friend code list so we know where you sleep

WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
edited July 2013 in Games and Technology
Penny-Arcade Animal Crossing: New Leaf Friend Codes:
A new (July) list of PA friend codes! Please add all the pertinent information!
(Credit to _J_)
PA AC User List: July

(Thread formatting credit to @HallowedFaith )
MTkkwRV.png

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - For Nintendo 3DS(XL)

Release Dates:
North America: June 09th 2013 - OUT NOW!
Europe: June 14th 2013 - OUT NOW!
Australia: June 15th 2013 - OUT NOW!
Japan: Been out since freaking Nov 8th 2012. Lucky bastards.

RESOURCES AND GUIDES:
QRCrossing.com
Nookpedia
AnimalCrossing @ Wikia
Detailed Animal Crossing guide from Thonky including Feng Shui, Counterfeit art guide, and hybrid flowers guide. (Really good)
Gamefaqs
Upgrade requirements and time frames.
How to share your photos on Tumblr or Twitter.
Our very own Zetx' upload to imgur tool!
Japanese site to help convert an image to New Leaf (No QR codes)
Same website, similar tool, but you might find it useful (again no QR codes) codes)
Program for creating your own AC designs (and again, no QR codes)

Here's a guide from @Zetx on how to change the ownership of an existing item:
1. Export out your own design via Sable/QR Machine
2. Download AnimalCrossingQR Source / Binary
3. Load up the image:
a5ywTCU.png
4. Set author information as default
5. Load desired image
6. Hit 'Load Default'
7. Hit 'Create QR Code'

Ex. Original image created by @Yunniecorn:
92PclD1.jpg

New QR code with myself as the owner:
QPkw8nX.jpg

A pie-brella!
I3WXHZk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=895koqZvihI

Special Inside the Nintendo Treehouse - Animal Crossing: New Leaf series!
These videos are about 3-5 minutes long each.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

Some Screenshots: (7 To be exact)
Ml8DbZH.jpg
D383LyY.jpg
z9bf6L9.jpg
PR2vkKA.jpg
ThQSdzg.jpg
RriwD3y.jpg
[img][/img]

New Features:
A lot, actually. Unofficial list here: http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Facts
  • You are the Mayor!
  • New Shops.
  • New Music!
  • An insane amount of customization. (Socks, Hats, Shoes, Skirts, Pants, Shirts, Paintings, Eye Contacts (Yes, eye contacts))
  • A neat new QR Code sharing system to save your patterns/designs and easily share them.
  • Re-Design of the town system. You can do a lot with it and in it, like swimming.
  • New Island (Remember the one from Gamecube? It is back!)
  • Nook is into Real Estate now. Slave labor probably still a thing.
  • Villagers are far far more diverse. Lots of new speech/interaction.
  • Dream World/Suite - Visit random player towns from all over the world (Even if you don't know them).
  • Run on the beach barefoot!
  • Tons and tons and tons and tons of new items. So many it's not even funny.
  • Characters now have "legs" and are a lot more detailed.
  • You can place your house anywhere in town. So can animal villagers.
  • Buy Fortune Cookies with Playcoins. (You know, those things you get for walking around with your 3DS in your pocket)
  • New plants!
  • New Fruits! (Lemons, Bananas, Mangoes, Persimmons, etc)
  • Customize the outside of your house!
  • Shopping Mall!
  • Mini-Games!
  • Much easier networking to visit towns.
  • Cross-town chat with friends in your friends list - without being in their town! Woot!

..and a lot more. Seriously the list is pretty big. Easily one of the largest upgrades/updates to Animal Crossing since its inception.

Penny-Arcade Animal Crossing: New Leaf Friend Codes:
A new (July) list of friend codes! Please add all the pertinent information!
PA AC User List: July

Old and probably out of date friend code list. You can still update it following the links below:
1) Submit your 3DS Friend Code here: (It is automatically added to the spreadsheet listed below.
http://bit.ly/pa-submit-friend-code

2) View the list of Friend Codes here:
Note: This list can only be seen through the direct link which can only be found in this thread and is omitted from search engines. Yay google.
http://bit.ly/pa-animalcrossing

If you're in the market for both Animal Crossing and a new 3DSXL - you can get your very own 200 dollar poptart!
hJXhFEv.png

Let's talk about Animal Crossing: New Leaf! (Older versions require a down payment of $9.99 + S.H)

Wassermelone on

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    We needed a thread, I hope you don't mind @hallowedfaith

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    New thread smell

tumblr_m1qfy5UOlN1qgtxnho1_500.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Maybe I should put up my friend code.

• AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    You should!

Everyone should.

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    Here's a collection of links posted by @_J_ and @UncleSporky in the old thread that deserve to be on the front page.
    http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy - Japanese site for uploading pics and converting them to AC patterns automatically (I suggest Chrome Translate). Does not generate a QR code, you need to set up the palette and paint by number in-game.

http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy/2/ - perhaps a better version of the above program?

http://merongcrossing.tumblr.com/pattdesign - program for creating your own AC pattern. Again, no QR code generation, it's just for designing while away from the game and/or with a nice mouse interface.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art/ - how to tell real art from fakes at Redd's. Some may consider it cheating, whatever.
    _J_ wrote:

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Two discoveries today.

Lame: Cyrus will only offer you ore based options if you already have the ore on you, making an FAQ pretty much mandatory.

Awesome: The voice recognition megaphone! I had no idea this was a thing in the game. Both useful and cool.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    My gates are open while I study and watch the Mario Marathon. Come on over for some nighttime fishing.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • ConnConn Registered User regular
    So wait, can you buy turnips from other people's towns to get them cheaper? I didn't know that.

93 per turnip is still okay, I guess. I have spent just about a million bells on turnips, and now have 10,500 turnips in storage. I have nowhere to put anything new that I buy, except on the floor.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Hi Crossers! I've been on vacation for a week, but I'm back now and am still quite active travelling between towns and stuff! I haven't had the chance to add many people from the bottom half of the list yet, and have probably missed some folks who added their names before adding everyone else. If you're active in opening your gates/visiting other towns, I'd love to have you on my friends list, but it's filling up fast. Please PM me and I will friend you back!

I'm Becky from Phoenix in-game, and I like to visit people and leave random goodies. I may have even encouraged @_J_ in his perversions via a letter sent to his post office today. What have I done?

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Okay so I think I'm ready to say it.
    I have one criticism about this game. Just one. Almost everything is perfect. But I really don't like the direction they went with the music and sound design.
    The music is too short of a loop for each track and never loops JUST RIGHT like the other games. And the sound when catching a bug is WAY WAY WORSE than the eagle-like noise of before.
    I also dislike how the music restarts each time anything happens. Oh, caught a bug? Back to the start of the music.
    Considering all of the wonderful menial tasks in the game, the music is what should be focused on most. Its the one constant in the game that keeps you from going insane (not really as its amazing but y'know) but I'm really unimpressed with it here.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How does buying art work? How often does the art vendor come to town? And while he's there, how do you avoid buying fakes? I've only seen him once so far and I wasted my purchase on a fake out of ignorance that such a thing was even possible.

• JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    Is there a way to get coded messages back from gyroid agents you have buried in other people's towns?

Quical wrote: »
    Okay so I think I'm ready to say it.
    I have one criticism about this game. Just one. Almost everything is perfect. But I really don't like the direction they went with the music and sound design.
    The music is too short of a loop for each track and never loops JUST RIGHT like the other games. And the sound when catching a bug is WAY WAY WORSE than the eagle-like noise of before.
    I also dislike how the music restarts each time anything happens. Oh, caught a bug? Back to the start of the music.
    Considering all of the wonderful menial tasks in the game, the music is what should be focused on most. Its the one constant in the game that keeps you from going insane (not really as its amazing but y'know) but I'm really unimpressed with it here.

Guards..seize him.

raccoons12.jpg

edited June 2013
    A Quical skull? I'm paying extra for those today.

I wasn't aware you could play the game without this looping:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVqnq54VK7o

Jishian on
  • EdS25EdS25 Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    My gates are open while I study and watch the Mario Marathon. Come on over for some nighttime fishing.

Maz I just dropped by. I love the organization of your house! By the way your Dream Suite is paid off!

Does anyone have a good waterfall fishing spot? I don't want to miss the Char and mine is extremely hard (actually impossible with no wet suit) to fish. Also does anyone have a good collection of stumps for the violin beetle? I made two in my town and checked them pretty regularly today and no luck.

Currently Playing : FE:Awakening, AC:NL
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Photos from Nexus!
    I fuckin' love Torts.
    HNI_0017.jpg

The very first tree I chopped had a surprise for me!
    HNI_0026.jpg
    I dug it up like a dumbass. NOW I KNOW BETTER

I found three gold nuggets in 4 days and got this:
    HNI_0038.jpg
    Now all I'm finding are amethysts.

FUCK YES BIRTHDAY PARTIES
    HNI_0043.jpg

We're getting the band back together.
    HNI_0044.jpg

The Summer Solstice was kinda cool, but by 1am it WAS really weird that the sun was still shining.
    HNI_0052.jpg

Then this happened and I laughed for minutes!
    HNI_0053.jpg
    I'm having trouble logging in to qrcrossing.com, so here is the code for my Tombstone!
    HNI_0054.jpg

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    EdS25 wrote: »

Maz I just dropped by. I love the organization of your house! By the way your Dream Suite is paid off!

Does anyone have a good waterfall fishing spot? I don't want to miss the Char and mine is extremely hard (actually impossible with no wet suit) to fish. Also does anyone have a good collection of stumps for the violin beetle? I made two in my town and checked them pretty regularly today and no luck.

Thanks and thanks!

I've actually caught a couple violin beetles in my town. I've got two sets of stumps in my town where I (rarely) see them.

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Am I alone in this? I couldn't have minded the music THAT MUCH as I've been listening to it for like 65 hours but when compared to the music and sound design previously it leaves a lot to be desired.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    She's claimed a few more unsuspecting victims!

ax12.jpg
    Yessss!!! Got both brothers!

ax13.jpg
    Ok this one is creepy but she doesn't discriminate.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Anyone on where I can unload some of my perfect oranges? I'll bring presents, of course!

Planning on opening my gates after I finish that up if anyone wants to come by. I have stumps :|

Edit: Oranges sold, gates are open--have an axe, silver fishing pole, and silver shovel that are for sale that I don't need if anyone wants them. Shampoodle is open as well. If I don't have your code added yet just ask and I'll try and add you back before anyone comes in!

Ammaline on
    My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
    You can come to my place and sell. I'll open the gate in a sec.

• Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    I'm opening my gates and will be AFK while I read some material for work. My orchards are bursting at the seems for anyone, so come on in if you'd like some fruit your missing.

Like usual, please no running on the flowers or chopping of trees.

Enjoy your visit!

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Oh thank goodness there's a thread again, I didn't know how I would play animal crossing without it.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    EdS25 wrote: »

You can catch Char at the top of the waterfall. Watch for the fish that spawn in that area, since sometimes they will be Char. I didn't even know it was possible for a fish to appear at the bottom of the waterfall until after I'd caught several Char at the top.

Edit: Phoenix is open and Re-Tail is stocked up! I'm afk making dinner, so I fully expect creepy stalker pics. ;) Remember folks, (as one hapless visitor who shall remain nameless just learned) don't pick people's cool-coloured flowers without asking first. You can't buy those suckers at the store.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Some pics, Elysium coming along:

We build a fountain next to the Mayor's house so he never has to live next to anyone, hurray!
    tumblr_mouvsjvYuj1sv5yj4o1_400.jpg

That moment that's simultaneously happy and sad :?
    tumblr_mouvqiPOjU1sv5yj4o1_400.jpg

My home gym coming together, looking for more fitness equipment
    tumblr_mouvowbJc21sv5yj4o1_400.jpg

Not really sure what he meant by this, but it hurt my feelings anyway
    tumblr_mouvmaZNVJ1sv5yj4o1_400.jpg

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Man, I have been so freaking busy at work, I am getting in 0 time on this game. Argh! I'm working on it though.

Kicks finally opened up, and I am slowly working on my house expansion and town modifications. I have plans for a beautiful fountain/flower arrangement and have about half of my fruit orchards rocking and rolling.

I'm also looking at a huge expansion to QRCrossing. I've been getting a million suggestions and it seems people want me to build more than just a QR sharing site but blossom it out into a full Animal Crossing community. So I am looking at introducing some simple forums, chat, etc. I'm also looking at developing some custom tools to help keep track of friends, collections, turnip prices, special events, etc. On top of that I still want to build a web based design creation tool that mimics the in-game tool which automatically generates your QR codes AND an example of what it looks like not only on the item, but on a 3D character as well - including wallpaper and flooring. And then of course, make mobile/tablet apps and pure mobile/tablet versions of ALL of this.

I'm actually considering a small fundraiser project for that because then I can hire the programmers I need to manage the backend while I work on the front end to get it done faster. I'm working 10+ hours a day right now as a project manager and it's not going to end anytime soon so I just don't see myself getting the tools finished in a timely manner.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Been catching lots of whale sharks, hammerheads, sharks, sunfish, sawfish, and marlin today.

My luck is strong.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Resource-wise, you can throw my upload-to-imgur tool into the OP as well.

QR Code:
    chart?cht=qr&chs=350x350&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fdm0.us%2F3ds

76561197966849367.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »

QR Code:

This is awesome btw. I have a whole 3DS toolkit coming out for QRCrossing and one feature is to IMGUR with a direct link-back to the profile.

I can't edit the topic anymore but I second this being added to the list. :)

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited June 2013
    If anyone has Varia Suit pants, boots, or helmet, would you like to trade for Varia Suit chest or Link's Hero Boots?

Snoopin'
    tumblr_movfgyrV5Z1sx4fo6o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_movfgyrV5Z1sx4fo6o2_r1_400.jpg

Rhymes with Snoopin'
    tumblr_movfchSS9I1sx4fo6o1_400.jpg

Jishian on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Jishian wrote: »
    A Quical skull? I'm paying extra for those today.

I wasn't aware you could play the game without this looping:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVqnq54VK7o

I...wait, what? K. K. Slider does techno now?

Ugh, here's hoping the club opens soon.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Hey, I checked and picking up the KK song and then dropping it will add to your inventory just like a regular item. I'll open my town for a little bit until I want to go play Soul Hackers some more.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    It's also raining if you still need a 'canth.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Ok, I added any resources that I saw were missing - did I miss anything?

• LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I am afk with open gates for everyone that I have added (13 above me and the 3 people newer than me). My town's nothing special, but come by if you want and see Hyrule. Its raining, too.

LaPuzza on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Damnit, @SwashbucklerXX, I need more of a hint than that. :P

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    A little under two weeks with the game and it's already my #2 most played game according to activity log.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Hey, I checked and picking up the KK song and then dropping it will add to your inventory just like a regular item. I'll open my town for a little bit until I want to go play Soul Hackers some more.

Thanks for letting me touch the shiny!
    Zetx wrote: »

QR Code:

This is awesome btw. I have a whole 3DS toolkit coming out for QRCrossing and one feature is to IMGUR with a direct link-back to the profile.

I can't edit the topic anymore but I second this being added to the list. :)

76561197966849367.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    A little under two weeks with the game and it's already my #2 most played game according to activity log.

It's already my #1 game.
    I've only played Animal Crossing since it released. I hate to think what Fire Emblem and Stylesavvy Trendsetters will do to me. This console is terrifying.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Apparently your town can only display custom designs that you have stored on you in your slot of ten. This means that if you set up custom paths, you're stuck carrying them in those slots permanently.

There does seem to be exceptions. Your town flag stays even if you clear the design. I wonder if the public works-generated custom sign remains?