Options

[Animal Crossing] With new friend code list so we know where you sleep

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Three whale sharks in a row. Eat shit RNG

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Save games are on the system rather than the cart so your plans to swap between 3DSs was doomed anyway I'm afraid.

From what I gather, I can still switch the SD memory cards to the other 3DS (which is dumb and pointless unless one 3DS breaks or something).
    Other than that, I can at least have two different AC games for all of you to pimp. Twice the chance for me to obtain or give you all stuff from. :)

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Just got home from a long day out, took a full inventory.

Aside from the black rose, I also lose a blue.. pansie I think it was. But the orange and purple roses I was using to make hybrids are still there so, I can probably replace that pretty quick.

I wish there was a registry of who visited.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Drat. I went to go buy the game at Gamestop (only game shop within 20 miles), and they only had virtual copies available. No good when I have 2 3DS handhelds (unsure if data is transferable). Ordered it, and waiting day by day for it to arrive.
    Upon quick scanning, I notice there are month-specific items to be had? I'll go back and try all the links in the OP, but if anybody has any tips or suggestions for what to do before I miss out on exclusives, please PM me.
    Also, I'm extremely new to having a 3DS. Bought it less than 4 months ago to pick up Pokemon Black/White and Black 2 (haven't bought White 2 yet), and got X and Y on preorder.
    The whole 'exchanging friend codes' thing is way above my head until I have more time to look up the details on it, but I assume it's quick and mostly painless.

Save games are on the system rather than the cart so your plans to swap between 3DSs was doomed anyway I'm afraid.

That did not seem to be so when I moved my cart from one 3ds to another but I will check again.

Edit: I just ran around in Weevil in another 3ds with no issue. The only problem is that your friend codes stay with your 3ds. And maybe your street pass data? I didn't test that. It still has a list of all my best friends, but it is so late I can't tell if the best friend list wasn't working or if it was just that nobody was on. But yeah, the save is definitely on the cartridge.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Yup, turns out I'm talking bull poopy. Ignore me.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Should I be selling bugs at Re-Tail or the Nooklings?

Because I've kinda been selling at Nooklings this whole time and I will feel really silly if I should have been doing otherwise.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »

Because I've kinda been selling at Nooklings this whole time and I will feel really silly if I should have been doing otherwise.

I'm haunting this thread like it's my job, sorry everyone, but I have an answer! You should sell at retail--Nooklings pays 20% less! Whoops!

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    So yes, you can skip Kapp'n singing, but what wasn't mentioned earlier in the thread is that if you do you offend him. He calls you out on interrupting his singing and I felt actually awkward about it. Sorry Kapp'n. I like your songs. I won't do it again.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Ammaline wrote: »
    Sagroth wrote: »

I'm haunting this thread like it's my job, sorry everyone, but I have an answer! You should sell at retail--Nooklings pays 20% less! Whoops!

D'oh!
    So yes, you can skip Kapp'n singing, but what wasn't mentioned earlier in the thread is that if you do you offend him. He calls you out on interrupting his singing and I felt actually awkward about it. Sorry Kapp'n. I like your songs. I won't do it again.

Does it speed up the boat ride, though?

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular

Why would you skip the absolutely bestest part of the entire game?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Just got home from a long day out, took a full inventory.

Aside from the black rose, I also lose a blue.. pansie I think it was. But the orange and purple roses I was using to make hybrids are still there so, I can probably replace that pretty quick.

I wish there was a registry of who visited.

That's crappy. I'm not super big on hybrids and probably have a black rose I can give you.

Edit: Won't be on 'til after 4 or so.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    Hrm. So public work projects are a bit expensive. Moreso than I really have the means to. I'm guessing people from other towns can donate to them? Might start opening my town earlier if this is the case.

Beetles. Go to the island and farm beetles. You can make a million a night in about an hour if your lucky, and half a mil if you aren't. I wouldn't expect everyone else to pay off your town works as we've all got townies demanding wind turbines and towers and shit.

I also acknowledge that may not be how you meant that comment, but it's sure how it looks to me.

Which beetles garner that ammount?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

Because you have heard every song already and have started just leaving the 3DS sitting next to you until you get to the island.
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

All beetles. Beetles spawn on the side of trees, generally beach trees (coconut and banana). They are worth from 6000 to 12000 bells each, so you don't need to be discriminatory about which ones you catch.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Busy times in Jamville.

Nook's remodelling tomorrow. Kicks building. Dream suite donations begin!

And either they've changed the golden shovel getting method or I can't remember it right.

Note: Either of these is a good thing in my mind, please J this is not an invitation for you to copy/paste or link me to an FAQ! One day I may look these things up in my own time, for now I am happy in ignorance and wonderment.

They seem to have made a concerted effort to space things out which is good. City Folk seemed to throw everything at you at once which is probably part of why I burned out on it so quickly.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    They have changed it, since City Folk I think. It used to be too ridiculously easy to get compared to all the rest of the gold tools, and since they added silver tools as an intermediate they wanted gold tools to be more of a long term goal.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

Because you have heard every song already and have started just leaving the 3DS sitting next to you until you get to the island.

All beetles. Beetles spawn on the side of trees, generally beach trees (coconut and banana). They are worth from 6000 to 12000 bells each, so you don't need to be discriminatory about which ones you catch.

I swear the only beetles I have found are fruit beetles. And I'm not getting much for them.

Should I be hunting at night or something?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular

I swear the only beetles I have found are fruit beetles. And I'm not getting much for them.

Best hunting times are like 6pm - midnight. Cut the middle trees down (they give you a hatchet for this very purpose) and then walk slowly round catching beetles.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options

Hunt at night. Walk, do not run. Chop down everything that isn't on the beach.

Profit.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    7nrtp8R.jpg

I've got my Spaceship Earth wallpaper, my Epcot Center shirt, and a few photos of my girlfriend on the walls. :)

Oooooh. Got a QR for the wallpaper?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    7nrtp8R.jpg

I've got my Spaceship Earth wallpaper, my Epcot Center shirt, and a few photos of my girlfriend on the walls. :)

Oooooh. Got a QR for the wallpaper?

I would like a QR for the pictures of your girlfriend. Please and thank you.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Upon quick scanning, I notice there are month-specific items to be had? I'll go back and try all the links in the OP, but if anybody has any tips or suggestions for what to do before I miss out on exclusives, please PM me.

Wait a year? It's not like any "exclusives" are wold-ending.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I caught mine at the waterfall between my beaches too. Did someone have a list of what we need to catch before June 30?

Oh @captaink I bought a space station from one of my neighbors. I can see if I can order you one. It is big though. It spins too.

Thank you but I am out of room right now! I'm going to have to expand that room.

• Options
    Yeah the reason you chop down everything in the middle/remove flowers is because every bug takes up a "slot" for the potential for another bug to spawn. Normally you chase away bugs that are not tree beetles, but you can't easily chase away butterflies. With nothing in the middle, they don't spawn, and you get more beetles more easily.

• Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    I left my town open most of the day yesterday. The only evidence that anyone was there was that all my flowers were watered. Ninja gardeners!

• Options
    Jishian wrote: »
    A Quical skull? I'm paying extra for those today.

I wasn't aware you could play the game without this looping:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVqnq54VK7o

I...wait, what? K. K. Slider does techno now?

He's a real pioneer in the Pupstep genre.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »

Best hunting times are like 6pm - midnight. Cut the middle trees down (they give you a hatchet for this very purpose) and then walk slowly round catching beetles.

Start at 7 instead; then all the grasshoppers are gone.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Wow, so apparently through Spotpass, Reggie is now in my HH Showcase.

[edit] Reggie isn't a bad source of furniture.

ThePantsAssociation on
  • Options
    Oh yeah. So I saw the castle home exterior on the second and third days and I was like "eh I'll get it later, I'm working on expanding now."

Then a couple days later I decided I wanted it and I would buy it the next chance I got.

Then the game decided to offer nothing but basic house, Japanese castle, and modern house until yesterday! Geez.

But today I finally have my castle.

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    One thing I discovered recently is that if you're looking for a house modification, you can visit other towns and get Nook to send one item from the faraway store to yours. (I was looking wistfully at a cookie roof when I was visiting someone a few days ago and clicked on it expecting Nook to go "man, you don't live here what are you even doing?" and he was like "I can't give you this.... BUT I CAN SEND IT TO YOUR STORE, DO YOU WANT THAT?" And now I have a cookie roof.)

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    D'aww, it's Bluebear's birthday and we're having a party at her house :3

(and I gave her the coat hanger that I just got from Chops as a gift)

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wow my gate stayed open all night.

My museum now has a second floor! I think I'll move my Nintendo collection to one of the display halls eventually.

Also I have never seen any fish under the waterfall.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Rapture is open while I afk the day away. Turnips are a joke at 77 bells... stores are all fair game. Also apples. Take them. We grow sick of them.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    My wife discovered that beetles were worth mucho bells last night when she went to the island for the first time. She spent an hour farming them and now is the richest woman in Krypton.

The mayor is jealous. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    My wife discovered that beetles were worth mucho bells last night when she went to the island for the first time. She spent an hour farming them and now is the richest woman in Krypton.

The mayor is jealous. :(

The mayor needs to go catch some damn beetles, that's what the mayor needs to do.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Wow, so apparently through Spotpass, Reggie is now in my HH Showcase.

[edit] Reggie isn't a bad source of furniture.
    Wait. what?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    So remind me again, are these special Best Buy items re-orderable and share-able?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yesss, Paula is moving out on the 28th. Apparently because she's heard that there are "turf wars" in another town where people are slinging mud at each other, but all know the real reason she's moving is because I kept shoving her around, pushing her into pitfalls and hitting her over the head with a net hundreds of times until her skull was battered and bruised mess.

So yay! Hopefully I'll get a cool new resident instead.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    D'aww, it's Bluebear's birthday and we're having a party at her house :3

(and I gave her the coat hanger that I just got from Chops as a gift)

Weird, Chops gave me a coat hanger too.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    A stupid scary clown sheep moved into my town.

I think he wants to eat my children in the sewer. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, Tortimer told me tommorow I would have access to the island....

Now I just have to hope that nooks is selling a net tommorow because I keep accidentally selling mine. :oops:

M A G I K A Z A M