As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    Man I wish Shmups was still a thriving genre. I love games like Raiden fighters and Strikers. It's such a hard genre to keep up on. All the releases or remakes/compilations sneak under the radar if you aren't paying really close attention.

There's some really awesome Japanese classic and current Indy SHUMPs have have been popping up on Steam. Ikaruga is on there. Also, take a look at the recently released Astebreed, that shit be amazing yo.

Oh, and the 360 got pretty much every CAVE release and plenty of other ones. Some of them are even available on the digital store in America, though many have to be imported.

I have Ikaruga for the GC still so I've played it and still can. I'll check out astebreed, thanks for the heads up on that one. If you, or anyone else, have any more recommendations let me know I'd really appreciate it.

As for the 360, I'm still working my way up to acquiring one. I bought Raiden 4 and trying to get Raiden Jet for it. I don't know all of the Cave releases but until I have the system, I can't play them anyways. It seems like a waste of money to play just a few games from one genre, but maybe I'm wrong.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    You can get the parts of the ALLTYNEX trilogy in Desura easily. RefleX is a very unique, defensive shooter that is great fun, while Kamui is a bit more typical high speed shooting with bullet cancelling. I would wholeheartedly recommend both.

I need to get ALLTYNEX 2nd sometime and try it.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    This week’s Nintendo downloads for Europe are as follows:

3DS

Siesta Fiesta – €4.49/£3.99

3DS Special Offers

Pokemon Link: Battle – €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 31)
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D – €3.99/£3.39 (Ends July 31)
    Snow Moto Racing 3D – €3.99/£3.39 (Ends July 31)
    Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version – €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 31)

Wii U

Master Reboot – €11.99/£9.99
    Wooden Sen’Sey – €9.99/£8.00
    Super Toy Cars – €7.99/£6.99

Wii U VC

Mega Man Battle Network (GBA) – €6.99/£6.29
    Mega Man 5 (NES) – €4.99/£3.49
    Mega Man 6 (NES) – €4.99/£3.49

Wii U Special Offers

NES games Promotion
    You must own NES Remix 1 or 2 to have access to these discounts:
    Clu Clu Land (NES) – €2.49/£1.74 (Ends July 31)
    Dr Mario (NES) – €2.49/£1.74 (Ends July 31)
    Excitebike (NES) – €2.49/£1.74 (Ends July 31)
    Super Mario Bros (NES) – €3.49/£2.44 (Ends July 31)
    Ice Hockey (NES) – €2.49/£1.74 (Ends July 31)
    The Legend of Zelda (NES) – €3.49/£2.44 (Ends July 31)
    Urban Champion (NES) – €2.49/£1.74 (Ends July 31)

Pretty good week for VC.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Oh look, Europe is getting another VC title I want. Which means the US eShop list will be terrible again this week, for sure.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yay! More Mega Man games!

....oh wait, EU. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So I guess this is coming to Wii U and 3DS eShop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErBfqbFd0q0

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fIj3fYtGsMWashOiEtaFSZ5t7uNvC-DS

I don't know what Ufouria is but apparently it's coming out in like nine hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6b5hs2NXSU

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Woah, really? That game is pretty good, and also super hard to find.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Ufouria is freaking awesome. It's one of those Metroid-style exploration games, huge map, goofy creatures and encounters, great art style.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    This werk's eShop update

Wii U Download

Master Reboot
    Wooden Sen’SeY
    Super Toy Cars

Wii U Virtual Console

Ufouria: The Saga

3DS Retail

Scooby Doo! & Looney Tunes Cartoon Universe: Adventure

3DS Download

Siesta Fiesta
    Pick-A-Gem
    101 Pony Pets 3D

3DS Virtual Console

Blaster Master

eShop sales

Trine 2: Director’s Cut – Trine 2: Director’s Cut is 60 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $7.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 12 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Joindots Game Sale – 3D Game Collection, Gardenscapes, Jewel Match 3 and more Joindots games are on sale until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 14 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Poker Dice Solitaire Future – Poker Dice Solitaire Future is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 6 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Price Reduction

Chubbins is being reduced to $3.99 from $5.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ooh, I have had my eye on Wooden Sen'Sey. I wonder if it'll be worth it.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    The very first thing I noticed about that trailer is that the screen panning keeps the character off-center toward the direction you are walking, so you can see farther behind you than ahead, and it was driving me nuts.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    It may seem like a little thing, but that's actually a deal breaker for me. If it's intentional, then I can't help but wonder how many other bad ideas they implemented, and if it's not intentional, then they must be lazy for not fixing it. Either way, I'm left very skeptical about the overall quality of the product.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    It may seem like a little thing, but that's actually a deal breaker for me. If it's intentional, then I can't help but wonder how many other bad ideas they implemented, and if it's not intentional, then they must be lazy for not fixing it. Either way, I'm left very skeptical about the overall quality of the product.

It's on old Genesis game. They either didn't know what they were doing, had little to no testing available at the time, or were compensating for BLAST PROCESSING, which sadly got cut from the final product.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Fun fact about Ufouria:

Something went wrong in the PAL conversion with the soundtrack and the bass part is a semitone out from the rest of the tracks. When we were kids we thought the game had the most bizarre music we'd ever heard in a game. Didn't figure it out until years later. It's a seriously good game though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    you can become a cute orange lizard thing. I don't care about the camera.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It's on old Genesis game. They either didn't know what they were doing, had little to no testing available at the time, or were compensating for BLAST PROCESSING, which sadly got cut from the final product.

Ha. I thought Houn was responding to Braniac's post about Wooden Sen’SeY.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Huh. Looks like Sunsoft signed up for VC. Never thought I'd be able to transfer Ufouria from the Wii menu to Wii U, but here we are.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Ha. I thought Houn was responding to Braniac's post about Wooden Sen’SeY.

lol, so did I. I was a bit dismayed at his post, but now I'm ok. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

But it's an NES game...?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

But it's an NES game...?

Hmmm....good point! I'll update my comment:

It's on old Genesis NES game. They either didn't know what they were doing, had little to no testing available at the time, or were compensating for BLAST PROCESSING R.O.B. support, which sadly got cut from the final product.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I have a feeling Dover actually works for Sega and is currently spying on Nintendo.

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I have a feeling Dover actually works for Sega and is currently spying on Nintendo.

<.<

>.>

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The camera thing is really not so bad. It's not a super twitch game except in boss fights which are confined to one screen. It's actually very chill and exploratory, you don't need that much advance notice.

Plus it's still pretty close to centered, compared to some games that are extremely obnoxious about it. I've played some real stinkers but I'm having a hard time remembering some of them.

Goonies 2 is worse than Ufouria I think. Or TMNT.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So they just announced on their Twitch stream that The Mysterious Murasame Castle is coming to 3DS eShop sometime in August (I think they said what day but I don't remember :P)

Which is kind of awesome. That game never came out in the US.

Edit: Oh, I guess as per the course, this was already released in Europe?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltYxC0qE-k

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    New eShop music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=58Yvg4M-PuY

It's cool that they're changing it every couple of months.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    New music is a vast improvement over old music.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Now they could make the 3DS eshop less horrible and also add digital DS games.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Frederic: Resurrection of Music
    XType Plus
    IQ Test

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man Battle Network

3DS Retail

LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids

3DS Download

Steel Empire
    Tangram Attack

3DS Demo

Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot

Sales

Darts Up 3D – Darts Up 3D is 67 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $0.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 20 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Sweet Memories – Blackjack – Sweet Memories – Blackjack is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 21 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

WAKEDAS – WAKEDAS is 34 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 21 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Price Change

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is being reduced to $29.99 (from $39.99) starting Aug. 4 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PAL update (week of August 7):

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mach Rider (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (GBA) - €6.99 / £6/29

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Donkey Kong (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs until August 7
    Ice Climber (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs until August 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs until August 7
    Punch-Out!! (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs until August 7
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs until August 7
    Wario's Woods (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs runs until August 7
    Zelda II: Adventure of Link (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs until August 7
    Baseball (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Donkey Kong Jr. (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Golf (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Kid Icarus (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Mario Bros. (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Tennis (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 for owners of NES Remix 1 or 2, runs from August 7-14
    Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from August 7-14
    TNT Racers Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 14
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U) - €6.79 / £5.49 until August 21
    Blok Drop U (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from August 7-21
    Disney Planes (Wii U) - €19.99 / £17.49 from August 7-21
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €0.49 / £0.44 for owners of Unepic from August 7-21
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £7/64 for owners of Abyss from August 7-21
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £5.00 for owners of EDGE, RUSH and Toki Tori

3DS eSHOP

Rabi Laby 3 - €4.99 / £4.49
    Parking Star 3D (demo)

3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mega Man II (Game Boy) - €3.99 / £3.59
    Xtreme Sports (Game Boy Color) - €4.99 / £4.49

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS

Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - €19.99 / £19.99 until August 14
    Disney Planes (3DS) - €14.99 / £13.49 from August 7-21
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 7-21
    Rage of the Gladiator 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until August 28

I think I'm gonna get Punch-Out. I enjoyed what little of it I played in NES Remix 2.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

God Damnit Skeldare, I'll pay you for this!

• Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Shut The Box
    Jett Tailfin

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Mario Kart
    Cybernator
    Mega Man 5

Wii U Virtual Console Coming Soon

Double Dragon II – Aug. 14
    Life Force – Aug. 21

3DS Virtual Console

The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Steel Diver: Sub Wars Update

The latest update for Steel Diver: Sub Wars is here. Premium-version players get new local Friend Battle stages, new unlockable subs and crew, and new features that make it even easier to battle online with friends. The free version now allows players to purchase subs and use a single-play coin to battle online.

eShop Sales

UFO Interactive Games – Johnny Impossible, Samurai Sword Destiny, Zombie Slayer Diox and additional UFO Interactive games are on sale starting on Aug. 12 at 9 a.m. PT until Sept. 2 at 9 a.m. PT in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Bear Box Media – Internal Invasion is reduced from $4.99 to $1.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 8 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

haha, that's hilarious... I loved the racist Japanese guy that talked in a stereotypical Chinese accent.

• Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Soon Shine
    Gaiabreaker
    XType Plus

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge
    Double Dragon II: The Revenge

3DS Download

Gothic Masquerade

3DS Demo

Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit!

DSiWare

Amida’s Path

eShop Sales

Gravity Badgers – Gravity Badgers is 30 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 28 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Hello Kitty Kruisers – Hello Kitty Kruisers is reduced from $19.95 to $9.99 starting at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 18 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails – Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 21 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

ZaciSa’s Last Stand – ZaciSa’s Last Stand is reduced from $2.99 to $1.49 until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 28 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

ATLUS Games – Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl and many other fun ATLUS games will be on sale starting Aug. 18 at 9 a.m. PT until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Classic Games Overload – Classic Games Overload is now reduced from $29.99 to $19.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 4 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Me & My Furry Patients 3D – Me & My Furry Patients 3D is reduced from $29.99 to $9.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 3 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Travel Adventures with Hello Kitty – Travel Adventures with Hello Kitty is 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 18 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Price Reductions

My Riding Stables 3D – Jumping for the Team has been reduced to $15.99 from $29.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Riding Stables 3D has been reduced to $15.99 from $19.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Coming Soon

Life Force – Aug. 21 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
    Donkey Kong Jr. Math – Aug. 28 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
    Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Aug. 29 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Gee, thanks Nintendo for letting me know Donkey Kong Jr Math is coming soon! I was on the edge of my seat anticipating that one! Never mind all the great games Europe has been getting lately, surely DK Jr Math is more important!

(and this has been my sarcasm-laden post for the day)

Edit: But seriously, why even bother? DK Jr. is terrible enough without adding math equations to it. Literally no one wants this game. I would actually be curious to see what the sales figures for it end up being.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how much DK Jr Math sells, it's all profit for Nintendo. But yeah NoA needs to step up the VC releases.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    It feels like they're somehow convinced that putting out things that aren't on the Wii eShop is more important than putting out games people want to play.

I get the feeling that if they could speak candidly they'd just say "You want Chrono Trigger? Buy it in the Wii shop."

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hey, at least they're still putting stuff in the eShop.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Taramoor wrote: »
    It feels like they're somehow convinced that putting out things that aren't on the Wii eShop is more important than putting out games people want to play.

I get the feeling that if they could speak candidly they'd just say "You want Chrono Trigger? Buy it in the Wii shop on the Nintendo DS."

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.