Options

[DC Comics]: Crisis on Infinite #Rebirths

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sorce wrote: »
    And apparently Simone will be writing a new book that she can't tell you about because it's a SECRET. It's so much of a SECRET that she can't tell you anything about it other than the fact that even the title of the new book she's working on is a SECRET.

SECRET INVASION 2 CONFIRMED.

Has Catman shown up in the New 52?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    She's doing a reboot of Young Justice?

23wv41j.jpg

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Specifically, in the tweet where she says it, she uses the word SECRET six times.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Specifically, in the tweet where she says it, she uses the word SECRET six times.

So Half Life 3 confirmed twice?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Green Lantern: Godhead event starts in October and runs through the usual titles (including Sinestro this time around), featuring the remaining Ring Corps battling against the New Gods, who intend to master the white light and use it to breach the source wall and alter the universe in their favor.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, but that is six issues in one month, and the fact that they're all labeled "Act 1" like the Superman: Doomed books have been makes me think this will be a 3 month event at the least. I'm tempted to drop these titles and switch to trades again.

DC has never known what to do with any of Kirby's Fourth World titles. The best attempts were John Byrne's Jack Kirby's Fourth World and Walt Simonson's Orion series.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Green Lantern: Godhead event starts in October and runs through the usual titles (including Sinestro this time around), featuring the remaining Ring Corps battling against the New Gods, who intend to master the white light and use it to breach the source wall and alter the universe in their favor.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, but that is six issues in one month, and the fact that they're all labeled "Act 1" like the Superman: Doomed books have been makes me think this will be a 3 month event at the least. I'm tempted to drop these titles and switch to trades again.

Newer All-New 52 reboot confirmed.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Yeah.... Those events that run through like 3-4 books is what keeps me from buying comics from DC.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's kind of frustrating that the titles I actually want to read are so heavily connected to other titles through constant crossovers (See: Justice League Dark, Action Comics, and Green Lantern).

Also, full solicits are out for October.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    What're the chances Orion will be nothing like WW Orion.

(or even worse, they just forget they showed the New Gods at all)

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    WW Orion is cool

like, he's a total jerk

but he's got a heart of (angry, angry) gold, he always sticks up for his buddies and he isn't afraid of anyone

• Options
    Orion and Guy Gardner should have a duo series where they solve their problems by getting progressively more angry

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

99%.

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Only people who would probably care enough would be Tomasi or Pak. So, 100%

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Grant Morrison being Grant Morrison decided to map the multiverse
    Multiversity-map_1400x1074.jpg

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    That's crazy neat. On the other hand, I'm not very fond of the idea of integrating the Endless, the Silver City, and Gaiman's other stuff into the mainstream DC universe.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    "Wow, Nightmare must be a real shithole."
    "Well, it depends on when you go."

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Grant Morrison being Grant Morrison decided to map the multiverse
    Multiversity-map_1400x1074.jpg

WOW! That is some old school D&D cosmology.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Grant, I love it when you do this sort of thing, but I have to ask why, when you know you will be the only person at DC to make use of it instead of outright ignoring it or choosing to line Geoff John's cage with it.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The heck is "Skyland"?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    DC has, 2 days into the convention, announced absolutely nothing new at Comic-Con

some updates to stuff like Multiversity but not a single new series or show or even a casting

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    They did announce something earlier!

Absolute Editions of Transmetropolitan and Y: The Last Man!

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    They did announce something earlier!

Absolute Editions of Transmetropolitan and Y: The Last Man!

And a Neal Adams Batman omnibus, which I'm super excited for. Not because I'm going to buy it, but because it's a sign they're finally going to stop ignoring pre-TDKR Batman. I'm hoping it leads to more arc-specific TPB and digital releases.

Also a Walt Simonson New Gods omni.

Though I guess none of this is technically new material.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    That's crazy neat. On the other hand, I'm not very fond of the idea of integrating the Endless, the Silver City, and Gaiman's other stuff into the mainstream DC universe.

They've always been part of the DC universe. Major characters from Sandman were from the JLA, and Dream even showed up in a JLA arc. How much DC plays this up has always ebbed and waned.

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Morpheus showed up in JLA, and Destiny in a few books, but that's it AFAIK. Not the rest, not the Silver City, and not Gaiman's version of DCU hell. It's been very lightly used, and I think the various parts of DCU mythology don't mesh together all that well with Gaiman's stuff, so I hope the chart isn't indicative of a new editorial attempt to integrate every single last part of DC properties into a whole, like they attempted with Wildstorm stuff.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »

They've always been part of the DC universe. Major characters from Sandman were from the JLA, and Dream even showed up in a JLA arc. How much DC plays this up has always ebbed and waned.

Death also met Lex Luthor when he starred in Action Comics.

It was pretty good.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Deeply pleased all of the Final Crisis stuff is on there. Part of me really wants this as a big huge poster

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    k4R5KUV.png

And there is your Wonder Woman.

• Options
    Ugh that lightning is really bland

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The costume is good.

The actor doesn't have even close to the amount of muscle needed to believably be the character.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The costume is good.

The actor doesn't have even close to the amount of muscle needed to believably be the character.

I disagree on that. While I prefer Wonder Woman to be thicker than that, the actress could easily sell the role with the right attitude.

Will she? Probs not. Zack Snyder doesn't understand these characters

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    The costume is good.

I disagree on that. While I prefer Wonder Woman to be thicker than that, the actress could easily sell the role with the right attitude.

Well, that dumb deer in the headlights look certainly isn't inspiring me of Wonder Woman attitude and confidence to make up for the lack of physical intimidation.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    That outfit really needs some color in it.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Didn't they also announce that The Rock was going to be playing Captain Marvel?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Nope, so far that's just been the Rock himself spreading rumors online.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Well, it's not a horrible Wonder Woman. I wonder if she'll use that sword to do more than cut cables and deflect batarangs.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Well, it's not a horrible Wonder Woman. I wonder if she'll use that sword to do more than cut cables and deflect batarangs.

Don't be silly. Zack Snyder's heroes are HEROES. They don't kill people.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Just Villains?

• Options
    ToonToon Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    The costume is good.

To be honest, no one quite understands Wonder Woman.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Brian Azzarello most certainly does

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wonder Woman is probably okay with killing people but I imagine she doesn't when she's chilling with the JLA because those are the team rules, basically