Options

No one expects the [Dragon Age: Inquisition]

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think what really bums me out about female qunari is that i want a deeper voice for her

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Boot up Dragon Age 2
    Start new game
    Sit through intro cutscene
    Exit game
    Go to Nexus
    Download and install Bearded Varric mod
    Boot up Dragon Age 2 again
    Okay, let's do this.
    no no no no wrong no NO

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Nah I'm pretty happy with this decision

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This time it crashed almost immediately, as I was checking the results of the war room missions. Guess I have to put it down entirely until a fix comes.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    i think what really bums me out about female qunari is that i want a deeper voice for her

You know, I got past the hair, I could have lived with that. And I agree the voice should have been deeper, but even that I could muscle past.

It was when I saw her running with that ridiculous hip sway that I had to go back and re-roll.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The Keep is a fantastic idea and Bioware should use it all the time in future games

because seriously with all the platform crossovers and so on, and also the sheer fact that replaying an entire ME1 run just so you can get a different ME2 feel is really annoying, it's a fantastic innovation

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

There are no mods for Inquisition! What then

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

There are no mods for Inquisition! What then

Then Smof will have to see Varric beardless as the maker intended.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

Yeah but

You had to go to Nexus

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A short ways into DA2 and so far I'd say it's a pretty even split between things I like and things that make me wrinkle my nose up and go "Huh..."

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So should my minimap be actually showing some detail (as if it were some sort of miniature map) or is it just a compass

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So should my minimap be actually showing some detail (as if it were some sort of miniature map) or is it just a compass

it's basically just a compass of waypoints and blips

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    ok so I'm starting my game and as I finalize my race and class it's telling me to confirm the World State and it's saying "Default World State" which obviously freaked me out so I went to the keep and logged in and all my choices and stuff are still intact there, I guess it's just counting that as my current default world state? As opposed to alternative world states I can also create and then switch into the default slot or whatever?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So I am playing on the PS4 and the game keeps freezing at the exact same spot just after I meet Varic. Is this a none thing or am I hosed until a patch comes out or something?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    ok so I'm starting my game and as I finalize my race and class it's telling me to confirm the World State and it's saying "Default World State" which obviously freaked me out so I went to the keep and logged in and all my choices and stuff are still intact there, I guess it's just counting that as my current default world state? As opposed to alternative world states I can also create and then switch into the default slot or whatever?

In the Keep side menu you need to explicitly click "Export to DA Inquisition". You can check the timestamp to make sure the world state is the one you want.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Make sure the date and time matches up between the game and Keep

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Nope you gotta export...it is confusing but if you look around there is a button for it. Also you have to completely close and restart the game after or it wont see it the upload

• Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Nope you gotta export...it is confusing but if you look around there is a button for it. Also you have to completely close and restart the game after or it wont see it the upload

I had exported but not restarted the game, thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

It should say something like "custom world state" if it's pulling information from the keep.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

You know, I got past the hair, I could have lived with that. And I agree the voice should have been deeper, but even that I could muscle past.

It was when I saw her running with that ridiculous hip sway that I had to go back and re-roll.

i just kinda hoped female qunari would be more than "tall girl with horns"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    So I am playing on the PS4 and the game keeps freezing at the exact same spot just after I meet Varic. Is this a none thing or am I hosed until a patch comes out or something?
    On third attempt to get past this spot...hoping third time is the charm.

• Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Geth.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

....aren't the male qunari tall guys with horns?

I mean they don't look particularly different from humans otherwise

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

well what i mean is it looks like they just upsized a regular human model and slapped some horns on it

there's no sense of weight in their movement, there's no sense of size in their voice, there's no accent to suggest foreignness

in da2 they pushed for qunari to feel like more of a unique other, and in making them playable they appear to have sacrificed a lot of the qualities that made them "other"...other than very shallow, surface-level things like "they have horns" and "they're tall"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well, the Qunari player character wasn't raised in the culture
    Which, I mean, can be disappointing on its own but that's the justification

• Options
    that still forgoes physical aspects like movement and the like

iron bull moves like a large character, the inquisitor doesn't

it's a subtle thing but i notice it and it's disappointing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

I think I believed (erroneously) that the Qunari might have a different voice performance at least. I guess that was a little naive in retrospect.

In fact I did see it pointed out a couple of weeks before launch that there were a total of four voices, two male two female, but it didn't click for me that that meant that Qunari doesn't get special treatment.

I also find it a *tiny* bit offputting that the Dalish elf doesn't have a Welsh accent.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I think the american voice is fine for the vashoth but the horns are kind of weird because they make your forehead huge

in da2 they felt more naturally part of the head

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Most of the Dalish have Irish accents from what I remember, except Merrill

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    that's actually another thing that's bumming me out is all of the voices for the main character just feel "fine"

haven't gone "yeah...yeah!" to any of them like i did with hawke or shepard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I think the american voice is fine for the vashoth but the horns are kind of weird because they make your forehead huge

Honest question Tal

does it bug you the game calls the hero a qunari

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Honest question Tal

does it bug you the game calls the hero a qunari

yes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I made a mage so that Cassandra will be conflicted when she ends up kissing on me in 40 hours or whatever

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    you know I don't think the elves look as distinct from humans as they did in da2 either

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    you know I don't think the elves look as distinct from humans as they did in da2 either

The elves in da2 look like child models

I don't know if thats what they meant to do but its weird

• Options
    the dwarves in this game are pretty good tho

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So I decided to gather my party before completing hinterlands or going to another area. Vivienne is Badass and Sera is nuts. I am happy with my party choice.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Started a Qunari Mage, will probably go back to it eventually, but I realized that there was a far better opportunity available

Can't not make Hawkeye if given the opportunity

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So I decided to gather my party before completing hinterlands or going to another area. Vivienne is Badass and Sera is nuts. I am happy with my party choice.

Always a good idea to gather your party before venturing forth.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I hope they get cracking on the dual core problem by Christmas, haven't even taken my G3258 out of the box yet and it's already dead, pfft!

This discussion has been closed.