As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I cant wait for dr boom to get nerfed so I can cash out my golden one

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    oh good, mage unstables into dr. boom turn 4. that's fair.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    portal should be more likely to give you commons, then rares, etc. I'd feel like it was almost reasonable in that case.

as is it's fucking dumb. I lost on turn 2 due to a random roll! just stupid

edit - angry as this post sounds I am not raging like I normally would. maybe this game finally broke that part of me...

Variable on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    portal should be more likely to give you commons, then rares, etc. I'd feel like it was almost reasonable in that case.

welcome to a world of nothing but turn 3 ogres

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    better than this, game after the boom he fucking gets al akir.

I just don't know what they were thinking. this is now not an actual game, it's a test to see if I can beat mage with one of my hexes flushed town the toilet.

edit - as it turns out I can

Variable on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Unstable Portal and Echo of Medivh are both dumb bullshit cards.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Wow the competition really gets fierce under rank 5

I've just had like 4 super intense control matches against druids and handlocks in a row

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am at rank 3 for the first time ever, been moving up one rank each season haha. couple of days left tho!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Opponent's sylv steals my KT when I had 3 other things it could've stolen.

>.<'

Still won by a lucky top-deck combo but geez that made it soooo much harder.
    >.<'

@mmmig, send me your decks for tomorrow!!1!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    all of his decks are proxy hatches

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    I am at rank 3 for the first time ever, been moving up one rank each season haha. couple of days left tho!

Doesn't the season end late tonight?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oh it might, I just assumed it ended when the month ends.

after following starcraft 2 so closely for so long I am sad by how little anyone pays attention to the liquipedia for hearthstone. no updates to the pinnacle 2 page after the game today. with sc2 people are updating it as the games happen, it's amazing.

I guess it's just a different view on the scene coupled with TL being way way more of a piece of the starcraft community than the hearthstone community. most people probably don't know the liquipedia exists let alone are looking to update it.

• Options
    I thought it ended at the end of the month ie after tomorrow

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh my god there's an entire day extra?

this changes everything

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Blah, had four really good games

Lost 4 games in a row, most of them mirror

BLAH

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    made 2 changes to pinpingho's shaman and in 3 games I haven't been able to judge if it's for better or worse

loatheb-> harrison and one of the harvest golems for a healbot. it's a pretty aggressive LOOKING deck based on curve but honestly it doesn't play so much like one. I really like it, I am looking to have a game where I either save myself or eat a weapon to feel more confident in the changes. with the power mace that buffs mechs the 2 golems are honestly really helpful but there are a few other mechs in the deck so I don't think losing one is gonna prove an issue. loatheb is just a good card but I don't find it particularly good in this deck beyond it's regular value, where as harrison's draw alone is really nice, plus with the deck being minion heavy I think being able to deal with weapons will be nice. not to mention SOME means of hurting the paladins that have made me suffer so much. only 1 lightning storm makes muster even harder than usual, and honestly that's not a good trade anyway.

time will tell

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »

BLAH

are you saying you lost games that were good or that you won 4 then lost 4?

• Options
    BaywatchDaveBaywatchDave Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So for the first time tonight I see the other players name in Chinese script. weird.

Edit... and they disconnect.

BaywatchDave on
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

BLAH

are you saying you lost games that were good or that you won 4 then lost 4?

I had four really good games that I won

then four really bad games

that I lost really bad

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular

as is it's fucking dumb. I lost on turn 2 due to a random roll! just stupid

edit - angry as this post sounds I am not raging like I normally would. maybe this game finally broke that part of me...

I dunno. I don't think portal is very good. I think day9 put it best yesterday: Portal is the first card you cut from a deck. It's a 2 mana card basically guaranteed to not have any synergy with your deck and has a small percentage chance of winning you the game. Lots of cards have that second part without the first. I don't think any super good competitive mage decks actually use it in a list anyways?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    it's not a fantastic card (there are plenty better for many reasons) and it doesn't synergize with much besides a couple of cards that like spells (mana wyrm etc.)

but

it's dumb and can win games for the mage based on complete randomness. not even remotely manageable randomness like a boom bot or sylvanus, just grabbing a minion from the sky and now it's in the mage's hand, discounted.

a card can be a problem or even just really annoying (which is pretty much all I called it) without being a linchpin in particular decks.

edit - trump played it in a tournament today, so...

Variable on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

The value magma rager.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    it's not a fantastic card (there are plenty better for many reasons) and it doesn't synergize with much besides a couple of cards that like spells (mana wyrm etc.)

but

it's dumb and can win games for the mage based on complete randomness. not even remotely manageable randomness like a boom bot or sylvanus, just grabbing a minion from the sky and now it's in the mage's hand, discounted.

a card can be a problem or even just really annoying (which is pretty much all I called it) without being a linchpin in particular decks.

Like I get that and I agree it's a dumb card, but as a person who loves mages, I'd trade it in a heartbeat for like, a good card that was more even and maybe niche but was at least reliable. It's this spell that you throw in a deck when you don't know what else to do. The randomness in gvg is a little bullshit. I get that not knowing everything and planning around shit is skill testing but there's stuff like doomsayer out of shredder. It would be irresponsible to plan around your enemy getting it but it's still going to occasionally happen. Does that feel good or satisfying to anyone? Does grabbing some broken legendary out of portal make a player feel great or that they did something good?? I know I just go "lol hearthstone" and move on.

It makes me wish Magic online wasn't a bullshit terrible client and that it worked on iPad. Or in my dream the impossible dream world, that Netrunner had a fancy slick iPad client like hearthstone and was wildly popular. Seriously, Netrunner is the best card game ever.

Back on topic, I think all the mage hate recently is hilarious. It's nice to be pretty good although I think it's pretty overblown. I admit I'm biased because they are by far and away my favorite class but they certainly don't feel overpowered. It's nice to know that new ladder tier list came out and they're not even considered top tier. We may be bad, but we're not the worst. Graduate students are the worst.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

but

Like I get that and I agree it's a dumb card, but as a person who loves mages, I'd trade it in a heartbeat for like, a good card that was more even and maybe niche but was at least reliable. It's this spell that you throw in a deck when you don't know what else to do. The randomness in gvg is a little bullshit. I get that not knowing everything and planning around shit is skill testing but there's stuff like doomsayer out of shredder. It would be irresponsible to plan around your enemy getting it but it's still going to occasionally happen. Does that feel good or satisfying to anyone? Does grabbing some broken legendary out of portal make a player feel great or that they did something good?? I know I just go "lol hearthstone" and move on.

It makes me wish Magic online wasn't a bullshit terrible client and that it worked on iPad. Or in my dream the impossible dream world, that Netrunner had a fancy slick iPad client like hearthstone and was wildly popular. Seriously, Netrunner is the best card game ever.

Back on topic, I think all the mage hate recently is hilarious. It's nice to be pretty good although I think it's pretty overblown. I admit I'm biased because they are by far and away my favorite class but they certainly don't feel overpowered. It's nice to know that new ladder tier list came out and they're not even considered top tier. We may be bad, but we're not the worst. Graduate students are the worst.

:(

• Options
    I don't really like any of the things you mentioned so we agree. I don't know what other people think when they pull a dr. boom out on turn 3 but I think what a waste of time.

not really even a fan of webspinner but I get that it's all part of the game. however when something wins a game for my opponent randomly, or loses for me randomly, I will probably come in here and post about it.

there's mage hate partly because mech mage is an insanely good tempo deck and frost mage is excellent and difficult to play against AND fatigue mage is coming around and is really good at what it does. I think they're all awesome decks and I am truly NOT trying to throw around the word OP at all. I just find certain things frustrating to play against and I voice that in here.

• Options
    just harrison'd jaraxxus. it's been a while.

and I am now very glad I added him to the deck!

• Options
    you know

i get that undertaker needed nerfing

but druid combo man. that is some pretty fucking unfun garbage

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

but

:bigfrown:

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    7zp0u07069b2.png

New highest rank yet! Actually earned one more star after taking this screen grab, then promptly lost it. Rank 4 next season?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvv5sTqNa4

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    dover I just hit rank 2! pedal to the metal time!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Sometimes it feels like everyone has their own vision of how beatdowny, controlly, or combo-y a CCG should be and hates the other playstyles. And since mage and warlock are known to support multiple play styles, they get a higher proportion of hate.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cool, I wondered in here if you'd stop getting the 'UNKNOWN' opponent name after reconnects and it appears it has stopped. well done blizz.

• Options

Sometimes it feels like everyone has their own vision of how beatdowny, controlly, or combo-y a CCG should be and hates the other playstyles. And since mage and warlock are known to support multiple play styles, they get a higher proportion of hate.

Fuck classes. No hero powers, neutral cards only. The way God intended.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

so undertaker deathrattle decks you're saying

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

so undertaker deathrattle decks you're saying

He does God's work.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Personally I hate the new Paladin decks because all I want to play is handlock but it's practically autolose. They just ignore Molten Giants because of Equality + Consecrate so you get zerged down by turn 6-7 every game.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Is Shadow Bomber the most unused card from GvG?

Never seen it on stream.... I don't even know its play animaion.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Hopefully this doesn't jinx it, but Blizz has been giving me ridiculous cards. I just mirror entitied a summoning portal, and then drew Ragnaros on my next turn, aka the 6th turn of the game. <3

• Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular

1v1, Final Destination.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.