As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Wait, crap, it's out?

*runs to Amazon*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    My Vita won't play games, I click 'start'. I get the image of whatever game and it just stays on that. What gives?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Oakey wrote: »
    My Vita won't play games, I click 'start'. I get the image of whatever game and it just stays on that. What gives?

Obviously it got stuck into a secret dev-mode where it re-writes reality so you're living the game now.

Be careful that you don't accidentally start something like Akiba's with that machine.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »

I'm assuming you already did a hard reboot? :( The only time that sort of thing happened to me with the Vita was after one of the "stability patches" and suddenly it refused to do absolutely anything at all. I had to remove the battery, let it start up, then reboot it completely once it finished powering on. Unless your problem is caused by a patch though, I think that sounds like something you really might want to get in contact with tech support about.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    I don't want to spoil anything about Despair Girls so all I'll say is this-

It is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety awesome so far. And even on normal the shooting is really easy and not really that frequent. It's more of an exploration game with the occasional puzzle, and I find it works really well in that sense!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    But I should definitely play Djangoromper 2 before Despair Girls, yes?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I do wish Despair Girls had the option to use the gyros to help with aiming, ala Splatoon.

But dear lord, this game.
    ATTENTION: TOKO'S FANTASY

no no no do not want D:

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

It hugely spoils huge parts of Danganronpa 2, so YES play it after.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I do wish Despair Girls had the option to use the gyros to help with aiming, ala Splatoon.

But dear lord, this game.
    ATTENTION: TOKO'S FANTASY

no no no do not want D:

I think you mean, DO want :3 .
    I knew, sorta, about the fantasy's beforehand, I did NOT know that they would have the VA's doing...certain... vocal... stuff. XD . *BLUSH*

Oh yeah, and I totally forgot the Vita had that gyro thing. (....yum) . I remember playing the demo of Gravity Rush and having my mind blown with surprise! .... granted, when I first got my Vita, I didn't even know it had front touch screen controls. Heh. (I mean, I found out immediately, but it was still a surprise! Sony folk made such a big deal of backtouch, that I just didn't know it had regular touch screen too.)

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Chapter 2:
    THAT.
    FUPPIN'.
    PICTURE.

So many feels. All the feels.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Morran wrote: »

Should I do this old school and let my productivity nosedive until I'm asked to leave or do I just quit my jobs preemptively

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Morran wrote: »

Should I do this old school and let my productivity nosedive until I'm asked to leave or do I just quit my jobs preemptively

If they fire you, you can collect unemployment.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So! Gossip time!

Have we talked about that new Blue Vita that Sony is going to release here in the states? It's pretty cute, and comes as a bit of a surprise since I figured Sony US kinda gave up on releasing Vita hardware over here. A part of me kinda wants it, if only to have it be my JAPAN machine since switching US to JP accounts is such a pain. Buuuut... I can't really afford it/ justify the expense. Especially since the only Japanese only game I have is IA/VT.

Anyhoo, when news of this reached a popular anime site, a site full of people you would think would LOVE the Vita because of all the localized Japanese niche games it gets, what do the people there have to say?

"Teh Vita has no gaaaames!!111"

From other websites, or people who don't like anime-style lookin' games, I could soooorta understand this attitude, but there? THERE? Weaboo central??? The world no longer makes sense to me.
    Granted, the discourse over there is always kinda borderline... well, not awful, but kinda dumb. I think I browse the forums there sometimes just to get a good chuckle or INTERNET RAGE going. I suspect a small amount of masochism on my part...

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My kids fight over their Vita. Like, literally, they fight to be the one to play it. They have a 3DS collecting dust on the end table. I live in Bizarro Household.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    How come I can't find any reviews on Space Hulk? It's been out for three days damn it! Is it just because its competing with Danganronpa, or is there some nefarious plot afoot?

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »
    How come I can't find any reviews on Space Hulk? It's been out for three days damn it! Is it just because its competing with Danganronpa, or is there some nefarious plot afoot?

If it's just a port of the PC game, expect a pretty decent adaptation of the board game, with all the pros and cons that entails.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    People who talk down about the Vita are people who don't have one. Their arguments magically disappear once they either try one out or flat out buy one. That's pretty much all the evidence you need to know, most people dismissing the system have an incredible lack of information.

Sony doesn't exactly HELP the matter any, but that's the situation I see.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Oh, Danganronpa, you know exactly the right things to say to utterly destroy any resemblance of a sleep schedule I had.

Also trying to think of a way to respond to chapter three that doesn't involve WTF, or any variation on that phrase.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    People who talk down about the Vita are people who don't have one. Their arguments magically disappear once they either try one out or flat out buy one. That's pretty much all the evidence you need to know, most people dismissing the system have an incredible lack of information.

It's true that the Vita no longer gets any BIG games, which is probably where that gripe comes in. Though it does get a steady feed of niche Japanese stuff and indies, even if the volume isn't quite like the big-name systems.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »
    So! Gossip time!

Have we talked about that new Blue Vita that Sony is going to release here in the states? It's pretty cute, and comes as a bit of a surprise since I figured Sony US kinda gave up on releasing Vita hardware over here. A part of me kinda wants it, if only to have it be my JAPAN machine since switching US to JP accounts is such a pain. Buuuut... I can't really afford it/ justify the expense. Especially since the only Japanese only game I have is IA/VT.

Anyhoo, when news of this reached a popular anime site, a site full of people you would think would LOVE the Vita because of all the localized Japanese niche games it gets, what do the people there have to say?

"Teh Vita has no gaaaames!!111"

From other websites, or people who don't like anime-style lookin' games, I could soooorta understand this attitude, but there? THERE? Weaboo central??? The world no longer makes sense to me.
    Granted, the discourse over there is always kinda borderline... well, not awful, but kinda dumb. I think I browse the forums there sometimes just to get a good chuckle or INTERNET RAGE going. I suspect a small amount of masochism on my part...

ANN is kind of full of self-hating anime fans tho. It's a weird site.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Quiotu wrote: »

It's true that the Vita no longer gets any BIG games, which is probably where that gripe comes in. Though it does get a steady feed of niche Japanese stuff and indies, even if the volume isn't quite like the big-name systems.

Honestly, I think I prefer it that way. I'll take games that are *actually* suited for a hand-held over the kind of things that... well, aren't. I'm looking at you, Killzone/Uncharterd.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Killzone and Uncharted are great Vita games. Though, some sort of Vita grip is required to play them comfortably.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Uncharted became good after it stopped doing stupid fucking gimmicks every 20seconds... which takes a while.

Killzone was fantastic and is literally the most visually impressive Vita game out there.

• Options
    I actually enjoyed Uncharted's gimmicks. The climbing thing could safely be ignored, but I liked the engraving stuff, and holding the Vita up to a light source.

• Options
    Somebody enjoyed the light source gimmick in Uncharted?

That has gotta be the exception that proves the rule, because I thought it was a load of hippo turds.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Killzone and Uncharted are great Vita games. Though, some sort of Vita grip is required to play them comfortably.

I'd go so far as to say that both are incredible games, marred by the need at the time to shoehorn every Vita tactile control possible. Talk those away and make the gameplay more streamlined, and both are probably better system sellers.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    I was thinking more of the thing that Killzone felt like a online multiplayer shooter that was on a platform that might not actually have internet access where you wanted to actually play it or on the go.

Anyway, less of my sleep-deprived ramblings, and back to the Rompas.

Chapter 4:
    Wait, did it seriously just do a Senran Kagura parody?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I was thinking more of the thing that Killzone felt like a online multiplayer shooter that was on a platform that might not actually have internet access where you wanted to actually play it or on the go.

Well, it has a story mode as well as Bots for 'multiplayer' if you're not doing online PvP.

• Options
    And done.

I just... What just happened.

That ending sequence.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm just not gonna have the cash for that game for the next month or so. Guess it's time to plug my ears and stay away from anywhere that might remotely spoil me.

• Options
    to be fair, I think PMAvers plays like the wind! ...er, what I mean is, he plays fast. ...er than me.

I'm on chapter 4 I'm saying.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I may have a problem.

Like, seriously, whenever a game like these or the Zero Escapes or Phoenix Wright comes out, I'll usually stay up until like 5 AM every night until it's done. (Or my batteries die.)

I can't decide where I'd rank Another Episode in comparison to the previous two, but I really like that it felt... more cohesive? The shooting worked well, the arcade corner puzzle rooms worked well, there wasn't really a mini-game that was pointless like Hangman's Gambit.
    Unless you count "Motivation." I try not to think about it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    So after obsessive, nearly non-stop play, I TOO have finished Despair Girls! (well, except for the extra novel at the end. Will work on that soon!)

It was good everyone. It was SO. DAMNED. GOOD.

Also, toooooooooooooooooons of story and dialogue. Like, more than you would ever expect in an action/shooting game. ...hell. More than some VN's. Cause the exploration stuff actually really did add to the experience. But yeah, there is story/dialog/STUFF happening constantly. It's really an amazing experience. And for this part of the story, I think it just really worked.

Does get very disturbing at some pa... okay a lot of parts though.
    And yeah, chapter 3 went from weird/kinda uncomfortable ("motivation") to- story wise ("gentle"), me declaring at my Vita. "I AM GROWING INCREASINGLY UNCOMFORTABLE." I do think that was an interesting topic to cover though. Just. ya know. really uncomfortable. Which was very much the intended point I think.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I got my copy of UDG Saturday, currently in chapter 2. The game's presentation is great (really a huge upgrade) and the theme is amazingly oppressive, just like the other two Danganronpa games.

• Options
    I'm debating if I should buy the Disco Fever edition of Dancing All Night.

On one hand, I want the game digitally, not physically. On the other hand, the DLC alone is probably going to be half of the $20 if bought desperately depending on Atlus' DLC prices, plus getting a much needed pouch for my 2nd Vita, and a nice physical soundtrack. And there's the 'bonus song', which I don't know if it'll be available as DLC later.

I just wish the fucking PSN Preorder was up or announced so I can see what's included.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I am getting the DF edition because it'll look nice next to all these other fucking atlus collector's editions i keep buying

I will own three vita pouches for my one vita -_-

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It's unforgivable that they didn't just call it the Collector's Edition so it could be P4:DAN:CE.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Word of warning for Neptunia Rebirth 2. You're probably aware of this if you've played Rebirth 1, but in traditional Neptunia fashion the game "encourages" multiple playthroughs by way of stuff that doesn't unlock or is extremely difficult to access until NG+.

However, there's a string of optional side dungeons that aren't accessible until really really late in the game, and the only way to start unlocking them is with an item(Magic Dampener) that you can only get two of in total through each playthrough - and you'll see at least three or four plans that require it. This means if you aren't paying attention to what you're crafting you can easily screw yourself out of a whole string of side dungeons until NG+, locking you out of a lot of unique crafting materials for a lot of big features and items.

On top of this, the item/dungeon change plans for those dungeons are only accessible in chapter 2, meaning you have to take these dungeons - already unlocked - into a New Game+ playthrough to access the remaining unique materials. So if you end up screwing yourself out of the dungeons in your initial playthrough, you're looking at going into a second New Game+ just to get access to all of the dungeon content.

It's really bizarre and stupid and obviously meant for those hardcore-ass Japanese players that put a thousand hours into their Disgaea/Neptunia games, but for the rest of us I'm just posting a fair warning to spare everyone else what happened to me.