As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Do you have PSPlus? Were you auto-backing up to the cloud? Can you drop into each game menu and pull the cloud save down?

Nah, I don't have PS+ set up. This is at least the second time I've done something like this so I should probably consider doing so, though.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Lovely wrote: »
    I bought Meruru on Friday.

Life is happiness. <3

Alchemy is amazing. And Totori is an awesome teacher.
    Astrid is... Astrid

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The only negative thing about Meruru is what they do to Rorona.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Question: Should I buy a second Vita for my Japanese account to not have to do the bloody account switching bullshit?

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Question: Should I buy a second Vita for my Japanese account to not have to do the bloody account switching bullshit?
    Why not? If you're going to be swapping that much, you may as well.

Agreed. I would have liked having an older Rorona. Poor girl never got a break.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The thing is, I wouldn't of minded what they did to Rorona if... um. This is probably a spoiler I guess?

Yeah. Anyhoo. I wouldn't of minded what happened to Rorona if it was ONLY her body that had been changed. Because I think 8 year old her is adorable as all hell. I WAS however disappointed that they aged her brain down too. I really liked adult-Rorona's loopy but still (secretly) smart attitude. So yeah, this made me sad.
    I don't know if she gets her brain back later, but I hope so. Otherwise, it's just kinda depressing :( .

about Astrid:
    2015_08_09_183845.jpg

Never change Astrid. XD

About Totori- yeah, she makes a GREAT teacher. Kinda surprised me at first, but then I thought, yeah, her personality probably WOULD make a good teach.

Gino- thought he was adorbs in Totori, he is SUPER HOT in Meruru. Time has been good to him!

About switching Vita accounts- Yeah, just did it for the first time the other day. And yes, dear GODS it's a pain. If I could afford it, I would totally buy a second Vita just to avoid that annoyance. .... but alas, I cannot.

Besides, I would probably only use it for my IA/VT dlc, so it's probably not worth THAT much extra expense. So... I'll just deal with the pain if I ever buy the DLC.

Ah, speaking of buying DLC though, the markup on Japanese PSN cards is annoying. I know folks need to make money, but it's annoying when you know the current value of the dollar to the yen.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

I would say that one thing that threw me off with Meruru was how the goal was much different than the others. I get the premise, and it's not a bad one, but the goals in all other modern Atelier games were very personal goals. In Meruru she's basically forced to learn to be a princess to learn alchemy, and learning alchemy IS her personal goal. In the other games the motivations are reversed, they learn alchemy to achieve their goal; I get that's how the mechanics work in Meruru, but it's not how the story plays out.

Also, the amount of boss fights in Meruru are recockulous, to say nothing of final bosses where you have to play through the game at least THREE times to be prepared. It doesn't kill the game, but there needed to be more solving problems with alchemy and less mid-boss levels.

Still love the game. :) Just felt their experimentation in that game left a few flaws.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Hm... still though, I enjoy the fact that this is a "princess" that's actually DOING something beyond getting kidnapped/married/lovelorn. And also, it's really cool that doing Alchemy stuff literally changes the landscape/areas. Makes me feel so accomplished.

I don't think I've run into any real story-bosses yet though. I didn't really like them in Totori, so... kinda a bummer I gotta deal with 'em again. Eeeeh well.

Side note:
    Happiness.
    CMGG9seWgAA_ueF.jpg:large

sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Apparently those Compileheart-games have cyclopes with two eyes. It's barely cosplay. Barely.

• Options
    how does tha-- oh, never mind, I need to learn to not question the ways of Compileheart games. (and just stay away, like a drunk relative! )

In my most recent Meruru report:

For some reason I thought the needed population for year 3 was 50k, so when the date hit and I hit 32k-ish, I was kinda sad. Then it turned out that I apparently only needed 25k. Woo hoo!

Meruru speaking to the king for this event made me think, "What do you even DO Mr. King?" Feels like Me, er, Meruru is doin' ALL the WORK in this kingdom. I should kill him and have Meruru assume her rightful place upon the throne. THEN THE WORLD! ALL WILL BOW TO MY LACEY FISTS!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lovely wrote: »
    how does tha-- oh, never mind, I need to learn to not question the ways of Compileheart games. (and just stay away, like a drunk relative! )

In my most recent Meruru report:

For some reason I thought the needed population for year 3 was 50k, so when the date hit and I hit 32k-ish, I was kinda sad. Then it turned out that I apparently only needed 25k. Woo hoo!

Meruru speaking to the king for this event made me think, "What do you even DO Mr. King?" Feels like Me, er, Meruru is doin' ALL the WORK in this kingdom. I should kill him and have Meruru assume her rightful place upon the throne. THEN THE WORLD! ALL WILL BOW TO MY LACEY FISTS!

That'd be great... briefly, until your Uncle Gio returns to lay the smack down on you, letting you know how little you've learned.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    And while we're on the subject of Atelier, where the hell is the announcement for Eschatology Plus in the States?! They sure are taking their sweet ass time...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    And while we're on the subject of Atelier, where the hell is the announcement for Eschatology Plus in the States?! They sure are taking their sweet ass time...

I just want a sale. Any sale. I will buy your games Atelier!! All of them! 10% off even, throw me a frickin bone here people! The Square sale was a great idea in theory, but in practice, I already have played all of those games to shreds. Oh well.

Now diving into Lost Dimension for the first time. For extra difficulty, I will be counting up every stupid thing the protagonist says, and be taking that many drinks when the trials start. This will NOT end well.

ᶫᵒˢᶦᶰᵍ ᶦˢ ᶠᵘᶰ ᵗᵒᵒ

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    So, I now own my second Vita, this one a Slim/2000. I thought about importing one of the awesome Asian or Japanese colored ones, but the cheaper price and being tax free at the BX for the Borderlands 2 bundle won out. :(

Now I enter the dilemma: Use it as my Japanese system like I originally intended... or update it only partway (it's on 3.15 out of the box) and use it as a homebrew device? Probably and highly likely the former, but I am slightly tempted by the later.

First impressions of the Slim:
    It's ways about half was much and is much thinner than the OG model and the form factor is really damn good.
    The screen, while not bad at all, is very noticeably worse and washed out compared to the vivid OLED screen of the OG model. It really makes me appreciate my OLED screen.

• Options
    Eh fuck it. Rejuvinate is basically pointless at the moment. Japanese Vita with DLC and fun stuff it is.

IA/VT Colorful DLC is staring me in the face too much.

• Options
    Yay Japanese machine and IA DLC! ....some of which I've bought but haven't played yet because the process is annoying and I'm still playing US stuff. ....I envy your second Vita-ness.

By the way, what's a BX?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Base Exchange. The general store on a US military base.

• Options
    /takes a look at the Japanese Vita PSN
    /Oh hey, I wish we had those Vita themes

Oh fuck yeah! /downloads Puyo Puyo Tetris

Any other gems?

• Options
    I don't think the Japanese PSN understands how the concept of bundles works.

You can buy each of these four items for ‎¥300 a piece... but, if you buy them all together in a bundle you get them for a price of ‎¥1200!

Are you fucking serious?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

You can buy each of these four items for ‎¥300 a piece... but, if you buy them all together in a bundle you get them for a price of ‎¥1200!

Are you fucking serious?

It does mean less interaction with the store. That's like a bonus, right?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I buy stuff through the webstore.

• Options
    Less buttons to hit on the webstore he means. I dunno, I found it kinda convenient. ...but yeah, woulda been nice if they knocked off a 100 yen or so.

/takes a look at the Japanese Vita PSN
    /Oh hey, I wish we had those Vita themes

The funny thing about the Japanese PSN vita themes is that they only have 3 pages of themes. 3 pages, but they all look great, and even have little previews when you click on them to see more.

As opposed to the US store which has about 14 pages of mostly garbage from the same company :/ .

....not that I'm bitter or anything.

*is totally bitter*

sig.gif
  • Options
    Their themes also are in categories divided by game or type.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    To be fair, the JP PSN Vita theme store also has this theme:

Plushie_THeme.png

Which is uh... Well it's certainly a thing!

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Uh, is that Spam? It's August and the game is already out.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Looking at his posting history... I'm not sure. 0_o . It's not much, but doesn't appear to be spam in the other threads.

Maybe he's a time traveler! Who quotes ad copy! but only in this particular thread!

EDIT- wait. probably a spammer/bot who just makes sentences that somewhat fit with topics. Looks like he tries to put an image/link in his posts that PA boards doesn't post. I'm not gonna try the link out since I'm on my work computer and this thing catches viruses fairly easily.

EDIT 2- I should probably make this post Vita related or mods will get mad at me.

Um....

Ah! I beat Atelier Meruru last night. ... and got the bad ending because I didn't have quite enough population. *weep* I felt like a bad alchemist for the next few hours after that.

;_;

Also, I found out that Totori has a voice clip when you start Meruru on the weekend that fills me with shame. Basically, she asks me why I don't have anything better to do on my weekends. ;_; . She is a harsh master.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Are you fucking serious?

US-PSN has had bundles of free items that cost money.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I am currently thinking of maybe picking up some of the Japanese PSP rhythm games like maybe one of the PSP Project Diva games + DLC. As well as Ciel noSurge Offline, which is tempting me. What rabbit whole am I falling down into?

Though I'm sad that my imported older DJ Max games ( Clazziquai and Black Square) aren't available on the PSN.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I have an opportunity to cover Danganronpa: Another Episode, but I only played through the first game. If I remember previous conversations, Another Episode takes place between 1 and 2, but may also have spoilers regarding the 2nd game.

I'm wondering if I'm better off not playing AE until after 2. Taking opinions.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I am currently thinking of maybe picking up some of the Japanese PSP rhythm games like maybe one of the PSP Project Diva games + DLC. As well as Ciel noSurge Offline, which is tempting me. What rabbit whole am I falling down into?

Though I'm sad that my imported older DJ Max games ( Clazziquai and Black Square) aren't available on the PSN.

Start with the first Project Diva game, it's probably the hardest one in the series but terribly satisfying. Also all of your unlocked stuff can import into the second and then into the third. You can also get the Dreamy Theater applications on a PS3 to play on your TV with higher resolution versions of the background videos. It requires you to hook up your PSP (presumably Vita works) with a USB cable at the same time, it's a little messy but works.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I have an opportunity to cover Danganronpa: Another Episode, but I only played through the first game. If I remember previous conversations, Another Episode takes place between 1 and 2, but may also have spoilers regarding the 2nd game.

Play Danganronpa 2 first

the final act of DR2 is the shit and I am absolutely certain that AE will spoil it

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I finally got around to hooking up my Vita TV I bought back around Thanksgivings, and decided to try playing P4G for a third time. The first two times I got about 6 hours in and for various reasons never got any farther. This time though, I've put in about 30 hours in the past week and am absolutely loving it.

I just finished going back through Yukiko's Castle for +50 SP weapon for Yukiko, and after I fuse some new higher level Persona I'll go back through the Bathhouse for Kanji's weapon. Most of my social links are either rank 3 or 4, but I think I need to dedicate more afternoons and evenings getting my social qualities higher because other than knowledge they're mostly 2. I would probably be better served working during the evenings than going into town and spending time with people for a few weeks.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the entire Bathhouse again, fully clearing every floor, to reach the optional boss, or just exploring until I find the stairs and then going to the next floor. When I went through the first time I did it in one sitting which was really fun but took a few hours, and I'm not sure I want to do that again despite enjoying the combat.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

Play Danganronpa 2 first

the final act of DR2 is the shit and I am absolutely certain that AE will spoil it

Are the spoilers for 2 immediately made in AE, or do they occur later in the game?

I'm thinking of accepting the task anyway and play enough to form an opinion, but then stop playing before the heavy D2 spoilers pop up.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

Play Danganronpa 2 first

Are the spoilers for 2 immediately made in AE, or do they occur later in the game?

I'm thinking of accepting the task anyway and play enough to form an opinion, but then stop playing before the heavy D2 spoilers pop up.

I haven't played AE or looked at any of the materials from it (the series, for me, is a "buy it day 1 and play it blind as quickly as possible" dealie)

but I can still say I'm pretty confident it will spoil DR2 almost immediately, by the nature of the setting and timeframe the game occurs in

DR2's final act goes into a lot of sordid details of the most horrific tragedy, and AE takes place during the tragedy

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    You should play DR2 first anyway because there are some holy shit moments that you really don't want ruined by accident in any way

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    So did anyone dip a toe on Revelations 2?

Never tried the console version, but I'd love if that turned out okay.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    So, Dungeon Travelers 2 came out today. It's supposed to be a legit dungeon rpg with good mechanics and good difficulty, though ecchi as fuck.

I'm gonna guess it's less ecchi than Moero Chronicle with better gameplay? I didn't actually get around to playing the demo.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    So, Dungeon Travelers 2 came out today. It's supposed to be a legit dungeon rpg with good mechanics and good difficulty, though ecchi as fuck.

I'm gonna guess it's less ecchi than Moero Chronicle with better gameplay? I didn't actually get around to playing the demo.

The demo was pretty entertaining. Combat was a bit slow at the beginning since you only have 2 party members, but then I found a greatsword and a hat that regened mana, and everything died. Rows didn't seem to do anything, and I kinda dislike tying classes to specific characters, but the ecchi stuff was only slightly groanworthy, and it doesn't seem super punishing, at least early on. Could be good.

• Options
    Oh hey, the Neptunia series has turned five years old today. 10 released games (3 of which are remakes) and 2 upcoming games in production being shown off in 5 years.

I'd say that's a successful series.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    So did anyone dip a toe on Revelations 2?

Never tried the console version, but I'd love if that turned out okay.

I played the PS4 version. It's good. More of the methodical RE4 style reintroduced in Revelations 1.