As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Some decent stuff on there. Nothing Earth shattering on PS4 (as usual) but I was planning on picking up the Lego Movie game once I was done with Jurassic World. So that's pretty spiffy.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Mostly PSP stuff, some of which I've never heard about which isn't an instant disqualification but if it's not on any best-of PSP lists I probably won't bother.

I really need them to finish the Vita version of Darkest Dungeon.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Mostly PSP stuff, some of which I've never heard about which isn't an instant disqualification but if it's not on any best-of PSP lists I probably won't bother.

I really need them to finish the Vita version of Darkest Dungeon.

Ugh I'm dying for it. And praying it doesn't go the way of Galak-Z and Mercenary Kings.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Is there a release date for the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon? Is it still in Early Access on Steam?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I might give Sweet Fuse and Hakuoki a try if their prices are low enough. I'm leaning towards getting Sweet Fuse first though. Mostly 'cause I'm not a huge fan of Japanese period drama's that much.

(Sweet Fuse also uses the character designer from the Ace Attorney series, so that's pretty nifty!)

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Arcana Heart is a great fighting game. XBlaze is a Visual Novel prequel series in the BlazBlue universe.

As for the Vita stuff, Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is a Otome visual novel with historical based Samurai, though I believe the PS3 version has additional content, and Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is a modern Mystery Otome visual novel. Ragnarok Tactics and Blazing Souls Accelate (part of IF's Neverland series) are decent SRPGs. And Fate/Extra is a really good rpg + visual novel hybrid with good replay value because there's three partners and two branching story paths and fucking hell we don't have the even better sequel in English.

Also, if you haven't played Transistor on PS4 or PC yet, it's a must buy.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is there a release date for the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon? Is it still in Early Access on Steam?

The steam version's pegged to go full release in October - PS platforms "later." So 2016. Maybe.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    If you really can't wait, the PC version of Darkest Dungeon is on sale right now on Steam. Finally let me pull the trigger while the wait for the Vita version continues.

• Options
    It's totally worth gettin'. Tip: never risk your Vestals' lives - everyone else is replaceable.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Bought Helldivers last night and it's pretty cool. The only thing though is that I keep losing connection... way too often.

• Options
    Flash sale is up! Lots of good uh... goodness there.

I have one question for you wise peeps in this thread though, Is the ps3 version and the psp version of Hakuoki basically the same thing?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lovely wrote: »

I have one question for you wise peeps in this thread though, Is the ps3 version and the psp version of Hakuoki basically the same thing?

My gut says "yes", but my brain says "You don't even know what that is, Skull.".

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

PSP is the base game. PS3 is the base game + DLC.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Okay, picked up the PS3 version, thanks all :D .

(I also bought Sweet Fuse and The Wolf Among Us.)

sig.gif
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Hey vita thread, is Lost Dimension any good? The concept is intriguing, but the reviews I read have been a bit all over the place.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Picked up Sweet Fuse because why not. I like it so far. Only past the first attraction, but the game is like a slightly less weird Hatoful Boyfriend meets a slightly less effed up Danganronpa.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    The eu ps plus lineup is awesome! La mulana, xeodrifter and super time force ultra. Two of which i planned to buy right on release, and one i have been seriously considering!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Meruru report- got a better ending my second time through! Sorta! It was actually pretty depressing...
    Yeesh. you all aren't kidding about the way this game treated Rorona. I got the "Finally, as planned" ending. And Rorona looses her memory AGAIN. Yeesh game.

Just youtubed the "Witch's tea party" ending which I only just barely missed (didn't get a high enough alchemy level.) And that one.... well, I THINK at least Rorona has her memory this time. But this ending was just kinda creepy :/ . Also, everyone just seemed kinda out of character. Like Astrid got a hold of the script or something. Eh well, it was the last of the Arland series, so whatever.

Uh, besides that stuff, I adore this game! But yeah, not a huge fan of said endings.

NOW. Time to youtube the other endings and then choose the one I like best! for my mind!

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm just thrilled (1) STFU has a release date and (2) is actually coming to Vita and not cancelled for the platform. Wooo.

• Options
    Youtubed the other endings! My thoughts!
    topsy turvy- cute

rich nation- also cute! farmer castle crew.

Boys Bath- :3 (also. good. Suffer Peter. suffer.)

Girls Bath- Hey. Girl Hom is here. ...how come boy Hom wasn't in the boys bath???!! Booooooooo! Unfair! Injustice!

Now, Go bravely- Hah, new costumes . everyone looks so cool ...

Strongest princess- Meh.

Alchemist (true ending)- Woah! Totori's different outfit looks so cool! Hanna is... Still wearing a curtain! And there's girl Hom but no boy hom again. OUTRAGE! Injustice! (*ahem* but besides that, this ending is pretty neato. I'm glad it's considered the "true" one. )

Popular- Meh. I was actually trying to get this ending too. I'm kinda glad now that I didn't get it. Would of been terribly disapointing. Anyhoo, Totori and Mimi are just too much out-of-character in this. (Totori x Mimi forever!!!1111)

So yeah, in conclusion, the "true" ending felt the most "right" to me. And all in all, a great game despite a lot of the endings being kinda weak. Now then, My next Atelier game will be Ayesha! A new trilogy! for me! And I really, really love the designs I've seen from it!
    Though it's also the last Atelier game in english on the Vita at the moment. So... when I finally get and finish that... oh... oh no...
    Well, hopefully, by that point Eschy and Logy will get it's english Vita release. Otherwise I might have to... play it on my PS3. *horrors*

sig.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    It looks like they're finally sending out the codes for the settlement survey from that class action a while back. The one about the Vita's 3G misrepresentation was it? Check your mailboxes if you ever did that survey. I forget what I asked for but the code they sent me was for $25 onto my PSN wallet, so it was probably that.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    I thought the new game plus stuff for the first Arland game was meant to be done after the other 2 were finished? So, First, second, third, 1+?

Kinda like how my brain meats sort the Shadow Hearts series storyline. 1's bad ending, 2's good ending, 1's good ending. Then we skip to 3, because 2 is impossible without 1 having a bad end. Also unless I'm mistaken 3 directly says that some of the big moments from 2 couldn't have happened.

PS you could always finish Fate / Extra! Not that I'm biased or anything. Fox Caster.
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Hey vita thread, is Lost Dimension any good? The concept is intriguing, but the reviews I read have been a bit all over the place.

I'm really enjoying it! I have also been really, really drunk for the second and third trials so far. I *think* I'm doing it right. But the final stage could very well be one very large charlie foxtrot at this rate. The combat system really does remind me of Valkyria Chronicles though, and thats my main takeaway from this game. I could care less about how the trials go my first time through, because this could wind up being a very unique experience. Hey, you killed your favorite character FOR NO REASON. Oh and because you did that, you get betrayed by your 3rd favorite chracter at the end of the game.

Twice the feeling of "Oh god what have I done". If you can invest in the characters, it will be fantastic, as long as you don't meta-game. If you do walkthrough it, well, you will always get the perfect feeling of victory at the end, and miss out.

Does that help?

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    Ah, yeah, I still need to do the extra chapter in Rorona plus someday because I skipped it the first time. (since I didn't know Meru or Toto yet. )

sig.gif
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Youtubed the other endings! My thoughts!
    topsy turvy- cute

rich nation- also cute! farmer castle crew.

Boys Bath- :3 (also. good. Suffer Peter. suffer.)

Girls Bath- Hey. Girl Hom is here. ...how come boy Hom wasn't in the boys bath???!! Booooooooo! Unfair! Injustice!

Now, Go bravely- Hah, new costumes . everyone looks so cool ...

Strongest princess- Meh.

Alchemist (true ending)- Woah! Totori's different outfit looks so cool! Hanna is... Still wearing a curtain! And there's girl Hom but no boy hom again. OUTRAGE! Injustice! (*ahem* but besides that, this ending is pretty neato. I'm glad it's considered the "true" one. )

Popular- Meh. I was actually trying to get this ending too. I'm kinda glad now that I didn't get it. Would of been terribly disapointing. Anyhoo, Totori and Mimi are just too much out-of-character in this. (Totori x Mimi forever!!!1111)

So yeah, in conclusion, the "true" ending felt the most "right" to me. And all in all, a great game despite a lot of the endings being kinda weak. Now then, My next Atelier game will be Ayesha! A new trilogy! for me! And I really, really love the designs I've seen from it!
    Though it's also the last Atelier game in english on the Vita at the moment. So... when I finally get and finish that... oh... oh no...
    Well, hopefully, by that point Eschy and Logy will get it's english Vita release. Otherwise I might have to... play it on my PS3. *horrors*

Hope you enjoy Ayesha. She's still my favorite alchemist, due in no small part to her owning being girly and not that strong. And that really is the heart of the games, a girl learning Alchemy and needing way more awesome friends to keep her from dying along the way.

And speaking of awesome friends... Wilbell. She helps too.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    So, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2's conquest ending.

Holy shit.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Has anyone picked up Amnesia : Memories yet?
    Any thoughts so far? Any reason not to pick it up?

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Holy shit.
    What? You don't like world peace and an end to the Console Wars? :hydra:

They added in the Holy Sword Ending into the remake to counterbalance Conquest.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Holy shit.

Killing a crying Rom and Ram just might have been a bit thematically eyebrow-raising.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

Holy shit.

Killing a crying Rom and Ram just might have been a bit thematically eyebrow-raising.

For some reason I have an image of NepNep stuck in my head screaming 'AM I NOT MERCIFUL!?!?!?!'.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Has anyone picked up Amnesia : Memories yet?
    Any thoughts so far? Any reason not to pick it up?

I picked it up. I've only played it veeeery briefly so far though. Seems nifty so far, really like the art style . The only immediately odd thing is that the main character seems to be a silent main. So far anyways. Which is really weird to me for a VN game. The character who does the talking/thinking is a character named "Orion" (which no one but the MC can see) and he comes off as more the main character than well, the main character. It's a weird approach, but we'll see where it goes.

(though I don't know why they didn't just make Orion the main and turn it into a BL game. :3 . )

I was also told that the guys in this game are all jerks and yandere's, so... uh.. I'm interested to see where that goes. Story-wise. Heh.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried out One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 on their Vita?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Are there any Vita games that aren't dungeon crawlers with cute girls? Because some days, I feel like that's all there is.

Not that it's a problem.

• Options
    Senran Kagura is an open world brawler with cute girls! :P

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Oh ho! The first hint of the promised darkness! :D

Amnesia: Memories
    2015_08_26_192044.jpg

oh boy, oh boy oh boy :D .

EDIT-

Oh yeah, also, Orion is a cutie and has the best expressions.
    Orion_The_Cutie.png

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Open world?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I just can't get over how amazingly great the VA in Neptunia Rebirth 1 is. Nepnep, Compa (especially compa), Iffy, the other ladies, even Ran Ran are a delight to listen to. All of them completely embrace the goofiness, it's so fun and well acted.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Open world?

Open arena?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    I just can't get over how amazingly great the VA in Neptunia Rebirth 1 is. Nepnep, Compa (especially compa), Iffy, the other ladies, even Ran Ran are a delight to listen to. All of them completely embrace the goofiness, it's so fun and well acted.

Basically, all the Neptunia line of games are just super fantastic.