Options

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    who gives a shit

if nese clearing the ropes with a flip and landing on his feet without stumbling doesn't at least grab your attention then i dunno what will

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    yeah Nese nailed his tryout

HHHthumbsup.gif

Xehalus on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Nese is so fucking good, he was my 2nd fav out of the cwc behind Dorado.

But I was always gonna be a Jacked Damien Sandow fan

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    rich swann should be champion right now

or cedric

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    You know, I kind of want Kendrick to win next week.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    WHat does Owens say when he tells Rollins to go rebuilt, design, reclaim something?

He tells him to go "Rebuild, Redesign and Reclaim his couch".

I laughed really hard at that line.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    my cwc favorites were mustafa ali, drew gulak, and tony neese

man

i really hope mustafa ali comes back. i loved that guy.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Tony Nese is my favorite

That dude is crazy good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    oh yeah tony neese is uncomfortably amazing at everything. no one should be that good.

drew gulak reminds me of dean malenko

and mustafa ali just...

yo watch this video

https://youtu.be/UwFNp81YGq4

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    This is pretty telling, from a live report yesterday
    A CM Punk chant started once and got shot down pretty quick. A pretty loud Harambe chant during the TJP match (I’m so tired of hearing about that damn gorilla).

There was almost no reaction during TJ Perkins vs. Tony Nese. Fans who didn’t watch the Cruiserweight Classic still have no reason to get behind any of these guys.

I don't want to rag on WWE about them already fucking this up but that is a good point.

They've been on screen all of 3 times, once at Raw in a free for all, once at a PPV and once again on Raw in a half-free for all. Like give them more than 8 days. They're not hot women and they're not NXT darlings or Indie superstars like AJ Styles, the casual fan, especially the post-blah PPV casual fan doesn't know who half these guys are and have no investment in them YET because they're literally not following any storyline, they're doing exhibition matches.

I'll mark out for Jack Gallagher when he turns up, but he still needs time to follow a story.

Best bet, they let them build up a while as they keep introducing new guys, then Kendrick wins the belt, joins up with Owens to give the Cruiser belt some more screen time and begin to allow the rest of the Cruisers to interact with the main roster.
    WHat does Owens say when he tells Rollins to go rebuilt, design, reclaim something?

He tells him to go "Rebuild, Redesign and Reclaim his couch".

I laughed really hard at that line.

I think he told him to go "rebuild, redesign, reclaim his couch"

Thanks fellas.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    dragonsama wrote: »
    I think yesterday proves that Neville and Sami need to be in the cruiser division for now.

No just! If you put them in that division then they overshadow everyone in it. Sami should be in the Universal title picture and Neville needs to be in the hunt for the US belt or he gets traded to smackdown and goes for the IC. Let the Cruiserweights they have establish themselves.

I'm not sure why you are so hype on them being in it. It would be awful for all involved.

I think Sami should be doing other things, but I don't really see the downside of of Neville being there. Partially because he fits in the division so well and partially because I just think he would have great matches with a lot of those guys.

A match between him and Tony Nese sounds really interesting, for instance. Him having competitive matches with Tony or any of the other guys does help establish them. I'm not saying he needs to win the title because he's the "WWE guy" and he's been there for longer, but I think him being involved could help boost the division somewhat, especially considering that he's not really doing anything else right now.

I mean, would you rather see him in competitive matches with other guys who can put on a show or would you rather see him in the U.S. title hunt getting squashed by Roman every time they're in a match together? Because that's exactly what would happen.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    they just have to give the cruisers some more personality, heel/face alignments etc

it's only the second week, so hopefully they can get something together

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    they just have to give the cruisers some more personality, heel/face alignments etc

it's only the second week, so hopefully they can get something together

They've already started with turning Kendrick and I think we're going to see more of it as time goes on.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Yeah, pretty much all of the guys going from the CWC to the main roster are coming into WWE as blank slates. They have personality, they have charisma. But the only exposure most of the audience watching has had to them is the CWC, and even that it's obvious a very large portion of the audience didn't watch. And as wonderful as that tournament was it didn't give a whole lot of room for character development.

That shit takes time.

• Options
    Observer headline: Raw ratings trumped by first presidential debate

Meltzer you clever shit

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That line has been used like a billion times in the last year

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, pretty much all of the guys going from the CWC to the main roster are coming into WWE as blank slates. They have personality, they have charisma.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty much all of the guys going from the CWC to the main roster are coming into WWE as blank slates. They have personality, they have charisma.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cedric Alexander is a charismatic dude.

• Options
    Jimmy Wang Yang took the Raw Cruiserweights out for a good time on his party bus. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that the former WWE star was backstage at Raw and went out with Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Tony Nese and Drew Gulak for a night out on the town.

When the site asked Yang what they did on their night out, he replied, “What happens on Jimmy’s Redneck Party Bus stays on Jimmy’s Redneck Party Bus. It’s the Way of the Wang.”

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I loved Jack Gallagher.

I'm sure he probably doesn't have much real staying power in a place like WWE, but man he's fun to watch.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Shayna Baszler is getting her WWE tryout. Squared Circle Sirens has confirmed that Baszler, who transitioned from MMA to wrestling a year ago when she faced Cheerleader Melissa on September 26th, 2015, is at this week’s tryouts in Orlando.

Baszler last fought in MMA at UFC Fight Night 62, losing to Amanda Nunes. She was released from the company after and has since gone on to work for various indy wrestling promotions. She is the current AIW Women’s Champion, having won it on September 9th from Heidi Lovelace, and helped train Nikki Bella while the latter was working on her return from injury over the summer. Those moments are expected to be featured on Total Bellas and Total Divas. Baszler made her debut for SHIMMER in June.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    This is pretty telling, from a live report yesterday
    A CM Punk chant started once and got shot down pretty quick. A pretty loud Harambe chant during the TJP match (I’m so tired of hearing about that damn gorilla).

There was almost no reaction during TJ Perkins vs. Tony Nese. Fans who didn’t watch the Cruiserweight Classic still have no reason to get behind any of these guys.

I don't want to rag on WWE about them already fucking this up but that is a good point.

the day they all debuted on Raw, WWE put a top 10 video on youtube of cruiserweight moves from like the last 20 years that were awesome

imo playing that and then having the match, with perkins watching the match and ideally on commentary if he's good enough, would have done much more than having foley talk accomplished. for one, you see jericho and guerrero which IMO does a lot to remind people that it's just a weight class, it doesn't mean these guys aren't real competition or can't fight anyone on the roster in theory. second, remind everyone what the fuck is exciting about the division. the match was good but you can only fit so many spots in 15 minutes or whatever it was. and they could have had those too! just also show a 'best of cruiserweights' type video. one which they'd already produced that day.

also, I've almost mentioned this a few times but I thought it was sort of a slap in the face that after the first cruiserweight commercial on their debut ep of raw, in I think the first hour, sin cara walked out and got destroyed by Stroman. I don't think sin cara is a cruiserweight but people definitely associate them with luchas and vice versa. and the timing just screamed 'spite' to me. it's the exact type of shit WWE does and I refuse to see it as an accident.

I still think they'll survive and are a huge boon to the 3 hour run time but they could have done them more favors on their opening night. Just my opinion.

edit - my post sounds like I think the cruisers are screwed and already gasping for air and I don't feel that way but I do think they could have done a better job of making them a big deal out of the gate. most of what needs to be done has to be done by the performers themselves (and I 100% believe they can and will continue to deliver). Just wanna be clear where I stand.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Nese is from the same place (NYWC, based out of the town I live) that brought Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins to WWE. Maybe I should go watch them more.

Goose! on
  • Options
    So the Usos got a new theme this evening?

Good. About time.
    NOW FIX CESARO'S MUSIC, DAMMIT

• Options
    I like this idea of The Usos being positioned as a threat to the champions going into No Mercy.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    hahaha the Miz

never change

• Options
    When does Bray Wyatt start shooting laser pointers out of his finger tips?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty good women's tag there

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just realized Orton is the star of an adventure game tonight.

• Options
    Bray Wyatt's escape room is getting a one star on Yelp from Randy after tonight.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    When does Bray Wyatt start shooting laser pointers out of his finger tips?

Next door he opens...Bray is inside bobbing for apples....Rowan standing in the corner dressed as a Charlie Brown sheet ghost...monster mash plays in the back ground.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    hahaha the Miz

never change

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Miz is main event...he has done for the IC belt what Cena did for the US.

• Options
    ah yes that tag team the miz was on and is most known for being in

the miz show

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MIZDAD SPOTTED

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Miz just CRUSHED that.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Damn, Miz.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Best promo of Dolphs career...

• Options
    Yeah that was the promo segment of the year I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.