Left 4 Dead - Grabbin' a thread of puke - ATTN lobby leaders, check OP

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    subedii wrote: »
    ahhh "maintenance"

the real downside to online distribution, as far as i'm concerned

or any centralized dependence for playing games whatsoever

To be fair, it's not like XBL hasn't had its own downtimes / spectacular meltdowns.

i totally agree

and i am not a huge fan of XBL either, what with dependence on a centralized system and having to pay for it to play the games that i already bought

but here i am with Left 4 Dead 2 and an xbox, so who am i to complain

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ACSISACSIS Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, i am confused. Maybe somebody can unconfuse me. In L4D when i looked down i saw my feet (i know trivial but i am picky when it comes to atmospheric things, after all its not THAT hard to do), in the L4D2 demo, my feet where gone and i was a shotgun-levitating, feetless apparition. Please ANYBODY playing the comercial version confirm there are feet ^^

BTW the guitar rocks in melee. It feels more like a battleaxe ^^

ACSIS on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    aww man, was just going to get an expert campaign organized too. Already completed Dark Carnival on expert (screw you DC4 Crescendo!), I hunger for more punishment!

As soon as it's back up! Mmm, punishment.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    aww man, was just going to get an expert campaign organized too. Already completed Dark Carnival on expert (screw you DC4 Crescendo!), I hunger for more punishment!

You should spend this time Christmasfying my avatar and sig. Be productive Carbon.

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow. Even the store and Valve's own website are down.

This has to be an outage rather than maintenance.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    LavaKnight wrote: »

No Lava you will join my scavenge lobby where Flippy is not the leader which causes the whole steam network to crash

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Veitsev wrote: »

No Lava you will join my scavenge lobby where Flippy is not the leader which causes the whole steam network to crash

Geeze Flippy, way to go.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    TurboGuardTurboGuard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ACSIS wrote: »
    Hmm, i am confused. Maybe somebody can unconfuse me. In L4D when i looked down i saw my feet (i know trivial but i am picky when it comes to atmospheric things, after all its not THAT hard to do), in the L4D2 demo, my feet where gone and i was a shotgun-levitating, feetless apparition. Please ANYBODY playing the comercial version confirm there are feet ^^

No. They took away the self-aware body models.

It's part of the consolification process.

TurboGuard on
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    VALVE!!! give my my stuff, I NEED MY FIX!!!!

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nooo, the steam chat finally went down.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    TurboGuard wrote: »

How do you figure that?

LaCabra on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    seems to be in working order again

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    TurboGuard wrote: »

How do you figure that?

Yeah, I had assumed it was more of a design choice.

In other news, everything's back up. Armageddon has not come, so save those cries for the next time Steam goes down.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

You should spend this time Christmasfying my avatar and sig. Be productive Carbon.

Yeah yeah whatever....

rednosednibbler.jpg

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Looks like the monster crawling through the stats pages has finally claimed my profile page after the maintenance.

Run! Save your pages while you can! Or it may come for your achievements too!

edit: It seems as though the monster was not thorough, the achievements hiding in the game menu itself are still there. Unfortunately the stats could not be saved, rest their poor souls and series.
    edit2: that's odd, after checking ingame and refreshing the profile page they ... came back. Partly. Only a few bits and ends here and there.

What kind of sorcery is at work here

Alegis on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Holy fuck, I can't remember who it was.

But we were playing scavenge on DC finale. Our team of survivors starts the round, and begins heading to the 3rd floor in a group.

I round the top of the stairs and only have a half a second to think before a Charger charges us all. 1 guy got knocked to the edge of a railing and was incapp'd, 2 of us (me included) went FLYING and landed dead on the bottom floor, while the 4th was being pummelled by the charger.

Fastest loss I have seen.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That was me.

:smug.gif:

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I was the guy you were pummelling.

I laughed a lot.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was standing on one of the walkways getting to a good vantage point as a smoker. I heard someone cackling and laughing and shit over voice chat, so I hit tab to see which poor fucker got nailed by the Charger, when lo and behold two were dead. Poor Fucker #3 was hanging for dear life on the railing, and Poor Fucker #4 was getting their torso bashed into the ground over and over.

There ain't nothing no one can add to that glory.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ugghhh. Expert Hard Rain is Hard.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That corn field area is just a huge death trap regardless of mode/difficulty. :\

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Ugghhh. Expert is Hard.

Fixed.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm, I ran it with a few PA folks on Advanced Realism and we handled the cornfield by hugging the right wall until the factory then moving towards the elevator. Seems like that route made us miss most of the zombies and witches and didn't need that much coordination in the rain since we had a wall to our side.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So all the achievements I lost over the weekend have come back, but all the achievements I gained this weekend are gone. I guess it's because I was playing on a different computer. As soon as I got a new achievement on this PC, I had all the other achievements show up in my Steam profile.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    vs ruins this game for me

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yeah, i get so frustrated when i get bad team mates that i swear more so than in any other game.
    it's like i've seen what a good coordinated team can do, and when i'm failing thanks to some idiot who doesn't free me from a smoker so he can pick up his friend who's downed, i feel like murdering them.
    and murdering is not something i do often.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    So all the achievements I lost over the weekend have come back, but all the achievements I gained this weekend are gone. I guess it's because I was playing on a different computer. As soon as I got a new achievement on this PC, I had all the other achievements show up in my Steam profile.

I just looked at my profile to see if the same had happened to me. Once again, it has been reset. What good are detailed stats if they're reset every other day?

Peewi on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hehe Parish is pretty fun but since my comp crashed I didn't get the achievement no matter however.

Any one ever had the problem where your game (or even computer..) keeps randomly alt tabbing not full on but the window just un selects and I have to click to get back in its really frustrating and does it while I'm even just on the internet.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    vs ruins this game for me

You ruin vs for you.

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i ruin you for vs

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You ruin vs for you.
    so you've had a successful/fun team vs before?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You ruin vs for you.
    so you've had a successful/fun team vs before?

I have had many, many great vs games and teams.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've played several versus games today alone where the teams were even and the game was close. Granted, I know where you're coming from, but it is possible.

Or just play scavenge. Scavenge is really great. It doesn't eat an hour and a half and goes quick enough that you can quit legitimately and get a different team.

Seriously. Everyone should play scavenge.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I had a few good VS games today as well, even one of them was random quick match and turned out pretty even/fun.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've played several versus games today alone where the teams were even and the game was close. Granted, I know where you're coming from, but it is possible.

Or just play scavenge. Scavenge is really great. It doesn't eat an hour and a half and goes quick enough that you can quit legitimately and get a different team.

It gets in the way of me killing/wanting to kill mans.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It gets in the way of me killing/wanting to kill mans.

So what you are saying is that you got stoned and thought you were playing TF2 instead of L4D2 VS?

:lol:

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that you got stoned and thought you were playing TF2 instead of L4D2 VS?

:lol:
    I guess. I'm kind of confused.

Scavenge just isn't that much fun for me.

I'd rather be focusing on all four of us attacking and strategizing around the level, instead of running around the same area trying to get gasoline.

I duno.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    In theory, there should be constant on the fly strategy for both teams in scavenge.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    In theory, there should be constant on the fly strategy for both teams in scavenge.
    That's not what I mean, like the map is mostly the same being a small zone and you mostly just attack at the fuel thingy regardless.

Only other times are stragglers and spitting on gasoline.

With vs you have to adapt with the environment and use your surroundings to plan out attacks.

Scavenge is like: Ok wait till they get back with fuel and in front of fueler. Ok go. Rinse. First team to not get a high first score loses automatically.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hehe Parish is pretty fun but since my comp crashed I didn't get the achievement no matter however.

Any one ever had the problem where your game (or even computer..) keeps randomly alt tabbing not full on but the window just un selects and I have to click to get back in its really frustrating and does it while I'm even just on the internet.

My comp started alttabbing when I installed AVG 9.0 last week. Shutting down the process avgtray.exe fixes it but it's a messy solution. I'm hoping for an update soon.

Movitz on