As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RADlands] Ho down in Bro town

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited May 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a shopping cart being turned inside out.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

100.png
(click for 2.0 rules)

Seasons now available on Victrola: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

There are currently four missions happening simultaneously:

[The Deluge Part III] [Viscount Islands]
Estimated Location: Probably near Seattle
Description: You've proven your worth to Uriel, but he's made it clear that you work for him. At least you got some sweet new abilities to go with that crushing feeling of hopelessness.
Unlockable Ads: [Reign O'er Me]

[Cecil Reloaded] [VALVEjunkie, Krosius, DontShootToasters, Zanzibar, Lockout, Antimatter, Kueller] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: Off the coast of Argentina
Description: Cecil will not be complete until he can refill his stores of RAD, and discover his place in the Wastes. Cassandra has found a particularly large deposit of RAD coming from the sea floor off of what was once Argentina. SNN communications do not indicate the presence of any terminals there, so it should be safe to explore.
Unlockable Ads: [Steamboat Willie]

[The Bro Just Wants a New Rug, Man] [Dubh, Squall, Tommy2hands, Speed Racer, Shabooty, Marshmallow, Cyense, Shock G, Corom]
Estimated Location: San Francisco
Description:The Bro wants a new rug. Cassandra has mentioned that there is furniture store on the other end of the city that probably would have some rugs.
Unlockable Ads: [Out of Your Element], [Goodnight, Sweet Prince]

[Dan, Interrupted] [Cheeseliker, NeoToma, Raneados, Thor4242, Dux]
Estimated Location:The Canadian Rockies
Description:
Dan has brain problems. More than most, at least. He needs to come to terms with what happened to him if he wants to mend his brain and cure his Legion's Disease in the process. Cassandra has located the mental institution Dan once occupied in the Canadian Rockies. She believes going there may help him face the truth.
Unlockable Ads: [Arkham? I barely knew 'em!]

[PENDING MISSIONS]

[Sydney's Quest for Fire] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Chicago
Description:Sydney will not be at peace until she was the strongest there every was. She needs to fully explore and understand her pyrokinesis. Cassandra has found large amounts of heat radiating from the ruins of Chicago, along with some heavy psychic energy. She believes Sydney may find what she is looking for there.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jayce Needs to Get Over Himself] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: London
Description:Jayce's internal conflict is wrecking his subneural security. He needs to find a way to deal with it, and Cassandra believes the leader of a particular mutant colony in the RADwrecked carcass of London may be able to help him gain some insight into his inner conflict.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jimothy's Mom May or May Not Have it Going On] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Miami
Description:Jimothy wants to find his mom. Cassandra hopes that doing so will sure up the security of his Subneural Signature, and Clams hopes that doing so will shut him up. Cassandra has discovered a lead on a possible genetic match in the ruins of Miami that she believes looks promising.
Unlockable Ads:

[Robots are People Too] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Tokyo
Description:Sorta. The robots need to figure out who, and what they are exactly. Until they can truly understand what they are, they can't hope to stand up to a subneural intrusion. Cassandra has found a large robot colony in Tokyo that may be able to help them discover their true potential and seal up the gaps in their Subneural Signatures.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC MISSIONS]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St., Tommy2hands]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.
Unlockable Ads:

[Bring Down This Guy] [DLC] [Purchased by: Tommy2hands, Dux, Lockout]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo's sister has sent him word of a pro-human organization in Atlanta by the name of "Hellhound". Mutants have been going missing around the area, and Hellhound is believed to be the cause. She'd like someone to investigate the problem.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Whore's Armor][25%][Armor: -5% [P] Damage; Distracting: Inflicts a -10% penalty on attacks against you, or a -15% penalty if you have Hot]

[Bloody Raccoon Armor][25%] [Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.] [Armor -5% [P] Damage; Gliding: After running your full [P] in feet, you may glide an equal distance.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain +10% character points.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account.][Special: The Card grants you a +10% bonus to your highest stat for determining when you are RAD Poisoned or Stressed Out; VIP: You're a very important person, NPCs know it, and will react favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

Ads that we missed the chance to unlock:
[Acrobat], [Death from Above], [Iron Blood], [Expert Forager], [Charmer], [Shank], [Burglar], [Tunnel Lord], [Adept Looter], [No Fear], [Quadrophenia], [Ah yes, "Freakers"], [To Boldly Go], [500 Miles], [Mission from God], [Leave No Man Behind], [Dungeon Master], [Totally Fabulous] [Dopplegangbanger]

Squall on

• Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hello, new thread

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you guys went two hours without a place to bullshit

I am shocked

Squall on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    with a sound like a shopping cart being turned inside out.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thank you, Squall, for making the Apocalypse Noise our very own Couch Gag.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I only bullshit on thursdays

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ive only changed it once, Lock just supplied the next one

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    From now on it is the Couch Gag, then.

So declare I.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so de?ad how fucked are we on a scale of one to the holocaust

Squall on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Cecil]

URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Lil%27-Chuck"]Lil' Chuck[/URL[145%]
    [P] 40% 25% [M] 50% Stress 0% RAD 50% RAD Poisoned

"Guys, I'm not feeling too well..." Chuck hobbles into the ship to lie down and hopefully calm his tummy-ache.

This isn't right, I'm not s'posed to feel like this in my own dream. If this is my dream... If this is my dream I should be able to fix it! I just gotta think...

Concentrate Chuck, you can do this!

Chuck closes his eyes and does his best to [Calm the Storm]

quoting for ease of update

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pretty fucked, Squall.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh sure

give Squall credit for my idea

abloobloo abloo

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I gave your av/sig life and by god I can take it away

Squall on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Pretty fucked, Squall.

Maybe you could

elaborate

on how fucked we are.

Maybe put it in sandybrown text. Maybe even do some rolls to determine the exact amount of fucked.

Wait a minute

that sounds like an update!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You're right, updates pretty much are elaborate descriptions of how fucked you are.

In the spirit of v2, all updates will now just be a Fucked rating, from 0% to 100%, representing how fucked you are. If you roll under your Fucked rating, you are fucked.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hunger!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Me too.

Gonna go get some breakfast, then update.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Radlands] In which Were-Winston Churchill is beatn up by a blue chick

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just got a text from my professor saying class is canceled tonight. Woooooo

Because what I need is more free time.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And oh god everytime I look up this dude glares at me. I am scared to look at what may be happening below the table. I've heard of people like these.

E: I'm in a library.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    de?ad you are getting breakfast at 1 pm

that doesn't count as breakfast anymore

that is a late lunch

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lockout wrote: »
    DE?AD, Ad proposal

[Friendly][5%] You're just so damn amiable. You gain +10% to when dealing with those who are affected by friendliness.

what do you think?

also, you said
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Brutality gives a better damage bonus than Mutant Strength (1/2 or full with Heavy Hitter, vs. Strength's 1/4 or 1/2 with Heavy Hitter).

a while back, and I'm not sure I understand. since the wording of Strength is

[Mutant Strength][%] Your mutations have made you inhumanly strong. You gain twice your Mutant Strength rating as a bonus to [P] for strength-related purposes, including calculating your Defending penalty. This is often, but not always, coupled with the Huge Od.

the damage bonuses work out to be identical

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD knocked adorable down to a 10% bonus

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just saw that! updating the wiki to reflect the change

still would like my Ad approved/disapproved

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I feel sexy today.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    I feel sexy today.

any particular reason?

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I sent him flowers

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    (they were sexy flowers)

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Roses always dress so slutty

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I only now realize I shoulda put more points into pyro

These guys are dealing like 20% damage to us
    I'm ten points away from dealing 50% each attack. Fuck mental assisting rolls, Dusty and Nolan got that, I should just stick with blowing people up, no one else really can do that kinda damage. Yes I'm aware DE?AD totally mentioned that during character recreation, I'm an idiot.

Also tToasters considering your sig that comment takes a whole new meaning

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nope I don't know what you're talking about

lalalala can't hear you

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [Bro]COLOR="Lime"]80%[/COLOR
    COLOR="Lime"]66%[/COLOR[Ambient RAD climbs to 87%]
    The pressure valves on the water-heaters jump and dance as a loud hissing begins to fill the basement.

Marrisylda stares at The Bro, her eyes narrowing, a blue-armored finger rising to tap against her chin. [72%] "Perhaps... you are right," she says, nodding. "A martini," she adds, in response to The Bro's question.

Downstairs, Skiff tries to find a way into the sewer [24%], easily locating a access hatch at the far end of the basement.

CRABBY hauls Jimothy up into the penthouse, just in time to see Marrisylda dive out the opposite window while The Bro is distracted at the bar.

[Dan]COLOR="Lime"]48%[/COLOR
    [18%][??? +17% Stress]
    Bob leaps at the monster and stabs it in the face, what with it not having any eyes. It recoils, green UI flashing wildly across its skin.

[94%] Fire flares out across the being's shiny skin, but it dashes back before any serious damage can be done to it.

Jack slams a leg into the writhing being, [80%][??? +70%], ripping straight through its torso, blood and bits of meat seeping from the jagged-edged hole, turned sickly black-green in the haze. The beast staggers about, clutching awkwardly at the wound before dropping to the ground, inert. Jack doesn't hang around to gloat, though, tearing off into the forest after Dan.

Dan backpedals away from the creature, bumping against a tree and managing to use it to get himself up onto his feet. He bolts away, diving behind another tree in an attempt to get some sort of cover, jumping out only to fire off two rounds at the beings. [62%] Both shots slam into bark. Turns out trying to shoot green-and-black, super-fast monsters in a dark forest filled with green haze is maybe not the best idea.

[82%] The tree in front of him rumbles as one of the creature's rips through it, claws glinting in the haze just inches from his head. The second, apparently much smarter, one swings around the tree, its clawed feet sweeping forward and colliding with Dan's head, [Dan +20% Stress] and tossing the gunslinger to the ground.

Jack erupts from the trees, leaping forward and [72%][??? +55% Stress] raking a claw across the throat of the being attacking Dan. More green-tinted blood flies out, splattering across the trees.

Syd and Bob watch as another black form drops from the shadows of the cabin's roof. Then another. Green UI shines out through the haze.

The Hanged Man is in a house. Where is he walking to, exactly?

[Cecil]COLOR="Lime"]73%[/COLOR
    As Sticks wrestles the propane can in an attempt to refuel the boat, Chuck takes a little rest. [Ambient RAD drops to 48%]

[Deluge]COLOR="Lime"]7%[/COLOR
    [11%]
    Joseph accepts Makali's help up, and watches the crowd intently as they listen to the psycher's speech. He watches as their eyes slowly lose their tension, and they begin to genuinely contemplate the floating man's words. Joseph sees his people, and the slow spread of acceptance for Makali's point of view. He sees them clinging to the artist's every syllable.

Joseph nods and steps closer to Makali.

Makali's starts as cold metal slips in under his ribcage. [2%][Makali gains Wound: Nasty Scar -5%][Makali is Done] As he drops to the ground, Makali feels Joseph's face beside his. "You can fool dem, but ya canno' fool me, prettay-boy."

The crowd rushes forward, to grab Makali as he drops to the stage. He can feel them gathering around him. Concerned words. As his vision fades, he can see Joseph glance back at him, eyes hard and angry. Calmly, he pulls the cactus bloom from his jacket and tosses it out, letting it fall to the blood-soaked stage beside the fallen artist. The man turns away, seeming to move in slow-motion as Makali goes into shock. He walks toward the exit, reaching the door as the psycher falls into unconsciousness.

Makali wakes up on a couch in one of the back rooms, his shirt draped over the cushions beside him, his abdomen wrapped in red-soaked bandages. A woman sits on a chair beside him, fast asleep.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Son of a

Well at least I'm not gonna die!

...from her anyway.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yea! Don't take no shit off that smooth talking jerk Joesph!

Also, Team Dan, we may need to change our game plan.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Aww, does calm the storm only work on a 2:1 basis now too?

oh well

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Bro]

URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Jimothy"]Jimothy[/URL Rad: 30% Stress 0%

"Yo guys, what's u-", Jimothy says, steping into the penthouse and stopping as the blue mutant woman jumps, "Fuckinggg"

Running over to the ledge, Jimothy looks down at the falling form of the 'queen', his eye lighting up as he locks on to her thoughts

<CRASH>, he screams into her mind, psionic energy ripping into her being

Tetsuo mind-fucking her for 20% stress

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    grab dat rug before the bottle rockets tear the house up!

Squall on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey dead, how tall is this building?

E: Also wait shit when are the air canisters going off and how did she know about them

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Five stories, I believe. You guys are in a meeting room on the top floor, not a penthouse. She's actually jumping down to the outdoor pool on the second story.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Im trying to rationalize why she jumped

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD regarding Tetsuo. The 100% bonus...is it possible to put some or all of those points into Spray?

NeoToma on
This discussion has been closed.