As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing your first-born [Chat]s

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    gah, how the fuck am i going to get my tv moved safely?

i knew this day would come.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Thanatos: I'd be an insta-sith as well because Jedi are pretentious emotionless dickheads.
    fuck yes

fuck the authoritan and puritanical jedi

freedom all the way

go sith!
    It has nothing to do with the philosophy, and everything to do with the fact that while I'm in line at the DMV, I can just go "lady, you're done, you don't need to keep talking to the dude," and she'd just leave.

I would be using that every goddamn day, for inane, selfish bullshit; there's just no way I could resist the temptation.

You are really not thinking big enough.

I'd use it to mold the world and society into my liking.

We would all live incredibly efficient and productive lives and crime would be non-existent.

Except artistically awesome crimes like graffiti and robbing banks with ultra-style. They may stay.

I would start out saying that was my goal - I may even believe it myself

but it would just end up with me living in a floating castle while the world tears itself apart below

My primary goals to begin with would be 1) finding a source of limitless energy. All moneys would be poured into this.

..well, all military moneys cause education and healthcare are important whereas military is not.

and 2) creating a self-sustaining system of government that does not actually require constant surveillance to continue functioning in a beneficial way.

Then I would go live in my floating castle of awesome and come down every couple of hundred of years to make sure things haven't gone to shit - if they have then begin again from scratch.

half the money on the forces of oppression, the other half on making me immortal

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    but alaska is cool, ProfM :(

if you like emptiness, shitty politics, and despair

So, there is this fancy dress party, and the theme is that everybody has to come dressed as an emotion. The host answers the door and standing there are two guys, stark naked but for the fact that one has his genitals in a bowl of custard, and the other has his cock jammed into a pear. She asks "What the hell are you supposed to be?"
    "I'm fucking disgusted, and he's come in despair".

Hehehe. :^:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

If the problem is stairs, I'm imagining a series of wooden planks that can be used to create an incline where you can just slide it down.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

did you not keep the original packaging

japan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The rags here are reporting Ruth Madoff blames Bernie for this one

poor Ruth who lived in the lap of luxury for decades off of stolen money

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If I had Jedi mind powers, I would abuse them so bad. Mind control is too awesome to resist. I'd start with the mundane, like getting free shit at the grocery store or speeding up lines. From there I'd move on to creating decadent pleasure galas. By the end, I'd have human furniture and human puppet shows ranging from the quaint to the violent to the disturbingly erotic. I'd make powerful people step in front of cars and I'd make parents drown their children, just because life would become so meaningless to me and the next vile amusement would be the only thing left to live for.

I'd think I'd prefer your regime to daxon's because I think both would end equally badly but yours would be more honest

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010

and mosquitoes

and meth

don't forget meth

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I miss alaska a lot

You cut the minority vote in half by leaving

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Mark Madoff was clueless and incompetent if he didn't realize the huge rate of return on his money meant something was up, but all the people who invested and got near 100% ROR on their money were just innocent pawns? Come on than, you can't have it both ways.
    There's a different standard between "executive employee/son" and "investor." I'm not saying that the dudes who committed suicide didn't fuck up; they did. However, that doesn't make them complicit in fraud. Such is not the case for Mark Madoff.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am up but not awake yet.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Japan I have told that joke in [chat] before and you are missing out half the build up. First there's a guy who turns up wearing a pink jumpsuit who says he's 'tickled pink', and another guy who turns up painted green who's 'green with envy'.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

and mosquitoes

and meth

don't forget meth

You're thinking of Hawaii

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I am up but not awake yet.

I tend to wake up half way to the train station, of a morning.

japan on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

and mosquitoes

and meth

don't forget meth

People do meth in Hawaii?

I mean I can almost understand mind alerting drugs if you live in Alaska or Eastern Washington but Hawaii?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

So, there is this fancy dress party, and the theme is that everybody has to come dressed as an emotion. The host answers the door and standing there are two guys, stark naked but for the fact that one has his genitals in a bowl of custard, and the other has his cock jammed into a pear. She asks "What the hell are you supposed to be?"
    "I'm fucking disgusted, and he's come in despair".

:lol:

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Japan I have told that joke in [chat] before and you are missing out half the build up. First there's a guy who turns up wearing a pink jumpsuit who says he's 'tickled pink', and another guy who turns up painted green who's 'green with envy'.

I can't even remember where I heard it, and only half remember it. For some reason Senj's mention of despair brought it to mind.

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well at least I woke up at noon instead of 2 P.M. today.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I just had the biggest poop.

What I hate is when you drop the uber shit and then clog the toilet, its like "WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME COLON!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If I had Jedi mind powers, I would abuse them so bad. Mind control is too awesome to resist. I'd start with the mundane, like getting free shit at the grocery store or speeding up lines. From there I'd move on to creating decadent pleasure galas. By the end, I'd have human furniture and human puppet shows ranging from the quaint to the violent to the disturbingly erotic. I'd make powerful people step in front of cars and I'd make parents drown their children, just because life would become so meaningless to me and the next vile amusement would be the only thing left to live for.

I'd think I'd prefer your regime to daxon's because I think both would end equally badly but yours would be more honest

My floating castle of awesome and its World Government AI would be very honest.

I truly believe people are incapable of governing themselves in large groups.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    life would become so meaningless to me and the next vile amusement would be the only thing left to live for.

So you'd start posting on /b/?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

and mosquitoes

and meth

don't forget meth

People do meth in Hawaii?

I mean I can almost understand mind alerting drugs if you live in Alaska or Eastern Washington but Hawaii?

Yeah, it is a big problem here in Hawaii.

• Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

If the problem is stairs, I'm imagining a series of wooden planks that can be used to create an incline where you can just slide it down.
    If the problem is bears, be sure to pack raw meat to be used as a distraction.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I got a phone call at noon

I fell asleep again half-way through

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010

i doubt it

i used to hear from christians all the time that "if i didn't believe that i was gonna be accountable for my actions in the afterlife i would just kill kill kill rape rape rape erryday"

but they wouldn't. we set up a lot of excuses for why we do what we do i think.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010

did you not keep the original packaging

I kept the foam blocks. the box was the size of a small house and I had to cut it up to get the TV out anyway.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

What I hate is when you drop the uber shit and then clog the toilet, its like "WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME COLON!"

It's a pretty awesome feeling when you shoot out like a 4 foot long unbroken snake tho

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We did that already, it was called the Roman Empire.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It probably isn't a good thing that there is an association in my head between "despair" and "having sex with fruit".

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nah my jedi powers would be used for convenience or petty minor revenge. I'm not a bad person, just bothered by people.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

My floating castle of awesome and its World Government AI would be very honest.

I truly believe people are incapable of governing themselves in large groups.

you just have mind powers you're not god

you can't just go bam everything's nice now

or, well, you can force everyone to think that it is, though

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

I can't even remember where I heard it, and only half remember it. For some reason Senj's mention of despair brought it to mind.

Too late for that now. My lawyer has been contacted and a suit accusing you of plagarism of a joke I heard somewhere else and then repeated is underway.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

when that happens i always blame it on frankie

i am like

jesus girl you are using too much toilet paper

you are clogging up the toilet

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Through it all, I would maintain awareness. That voice in their mind that goes "No, that's too painful/demeaning/fatal!" would still be there loud and clear, and I would probably make a point to be able to "hear" it even as in body they would bow and scrape and beg to destroy themselves and those they love for my passing amusement.

No one would ever believe that life under my rule is great, but they would all be forced to act like it was the height of joy.

I would keep a small group of "priviliged" friends. They would probably be made to believe that I want them to think they have free will, but they'd always doubt it and backstab and frame eachother just to get in my good books, when really I wouldn't care and at a whim I would send them to join any of the other humans for the knife-eating competitions. During the day they would pretend to love being my chosen ally and at night they would lose sleep convincing themselves that it is great and much better than the alternative.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

It's a pretty awesome feeling when you shoot out like a 4 foot long unbroken snake tho

I dunno that kind of thing for me is like puking, same kind of feeling in my stomach while I exert. I also worry I'll blow a blood vessel and bam die with half a shit still in my poop shute.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

i doubt it

i used to hear from christians all the time that "if i didn't believe that i was gonna be accountable for my actions in the afterlife i would just kill kill kill rape rape rape erryday"

I'd probably just become a massive recluse.

Live in a village of max 1000 people somewhere nice and warm but with mountains so you can go up them if you feel a bit hot. Live the simple life.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

i doubt it

yes, but seriously - if you had basically absolute power over people

you could do whatever you wanted

I think that would end badly

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It probably isn't a good thing that there is an association in my head between "despair" and "having sex with fruit".

This seemed appropriate

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

when that happens i always blame it on frankie

i am like

jesus girl you are using too much toilet paper

you are clogging up the toilet

You are a treasure will, do you own a dog to blame it for your farts?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damnit, Will, why you gotta call "internet tough guy" on my power fantasy :(

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.