As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am the man who arranges the [chat]!

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    If Idris Elba is not very bright, then at least that makes him an even more great actor.

that's what I think too.

Like... how not bright? Like... not just spilling amazing info all the time? Or just a normal dude?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have to say Podly really did a number on the Thor thread.

Is stupid a number?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    If Idris Elba is not very bright, then at least that makes him an even more great actor.

that's what I think too.

8-)

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Actually, maybe they shouldn't cast Brian Blessed as anybody just yet, making sure to save him for the voice of Ego, The Living Planet.

Bogart on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

what he was totally right

you don't need black skin to play othello that is ridiculous

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok if you are ever past due on your bill, just pay it, don't act all suave about being over due, the person on the phone cares not.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Actually, maybe they shouldn't cast Brian Blessed as anybody just yet, making sure to save him for the voice of Ego, The Living Planet.

heh this made me think of WoW and how every male voice is the same guy. Nothing like hearing a couple of characters all having a conversation in the same voice.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also Than I am sorry that STO was not to your liking
    I feel like I have to be missing something, because playing that demo was one of the worst gaming experiences of my life (like, I would rate it somewhat better than Superman 64). I really couldn't possibly describe it as "fun" in any way, and can't imagine anyone enjoying playing the game.

Maybe it's a WoW thing where the demo is fucking awful but the game isn't so bad?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can't get enough Black Keys right now.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

that position has been filled

rush-limbaugh.jpg

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also Fluffy, I don't know about you, but I am liking the results of the H/A thread.

Yeah, same here. Wasn't sure what to expect, really.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I feel like I have to be missing something, because playing that demo was one of the worst gaming experiences of my life (like, I would rate it somewhat better than Superman 64). I really couldn't possibly describe it as "fun" in any way, and can't imagine anyone enjoying playing the game.

Maybe it's a WoW thing where the demo is fucking awful but the game isn't so bad?

Yeah, I found it slow and boring, personally.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

So the opposite of AoC?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

The plot of Othello is totally going to make sense when Othello is the same race as Iago and Desmona's father.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm actually with you on this. I played STO and got this exact same feeling. Aside from the Space combat I pretty much disliked everything about it.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

racist

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

The plot of Othello is totally going to make sense when Othello is the same race as Iago and Desmona's father.

A) Yeah, it does. Race isn't necessarily what the play is about.

B) You're conflating the actor and the role. You might as well complain that Kenneth Branagh isn't really a prince of Denmark.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I used to like the ground combat, but now that I'm at Lt. 11 I realize it's just really tedious.

Honestly the only thing that saves the space combat, aside from the novelty, is that it's pretty and hell of fun with friends.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also calling people during christmas week is dick.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

don't you know the plot by now

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Idris Elba is really well-endowed

really well-endowed

when I saw Takers with a friend of mine, there's a scene where he gets out of bed in some super tight boxers, and half the theater went "woah" at the same time.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And another follow up, I've heard just about every variation of the lie "Check is in the mail"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm actually with you on this. I played STO and got this exact same feeling. Aside from the Space combat I pretty much disliked everything about it.
    I liked the space combat, but it didn't knock my socks off or anything; it was basically the ground combat, but in space.

Also, there's just a huge fucking learning curve, and it seemed like the only thing to differentiate my character from other characters was one piece of gear.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

B) You're conflating the actor and the role. You might as well complain that Kenneth Branagh isn't really a prince of Denmark.

Yeah race is the vehicle for the plot. Iago couldn't have betrayed Othello if Othello wasn't already an outsider.

Your analogy is terrible.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    The cheque is in the mail but the mail was eaten by a Pterodactyl.

Bogart on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

A) The plot might, but a number of lines won't. However, as long as you have some sort of ethnic difference, it still mostly makes sense.

B) Probably a good point.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

really well-endowed

when I saw Takers with a friend of mine, there's a scene where he gets out of bed in some super tight boxers, and half the theater went "woah" at the same time.

like stringer bell wouldn't have a big donger

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I liked the space combat, but it didn't knock my socks off or anything; it was basically the ground combat, but in space.

Also, there's just a huge fucking learning curve, and it seemed like the only thing to differentiate my character from other characters was one piece of gear.

Yeah, I was pretty frustrated with this point as well, but then I ended up playing with Mazzyx, who is a Captain, and he was just like building turrets and drones and making shields and shit.

I hope the Science officer gets as much of a chance to stand out down the line. Otherwise I'm really gonna have to re-roll.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    weird, that's exactly where I'm at

Though I kinda wish they didn't sound like they recorded everything while playing in an oddly shaped plywood room filled halfway with mud and the mics across the street.

I also really enjoy their videos.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

Yeah race is the vehicle for the plot. Iago couldn't have betrayed Othello if Othello wasn't already an outsider.

Unless you take one of the other umpteen interpretations, or treat the outsiderness as something other than race.

Or just pretend because you are watching a play and not a bloody documentary

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010

really well-endowed

He was sitting incognito in the back of the theatre, smiling.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dochumentry

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Idris Elba is like nine feet tall and built wide

of course he has a huge cock

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

So you can pretend that an actor is a prince of a foreign country but speaking English for some magical reason, for a role, but not that he isn't white?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Is stupid a number?

no he's spot on.

Unless you take one of the other umpteen interpretations, or treat the outsiderness as something other than race.

Or just pretend because you are watching a play and not a bloody documentary

Ah so we're doing "O" or one of any other reiterations of Othello, not the actual play. Othellos race is a central part of the story, not some nit picking detail.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am roughly 16000th in the Folding@Home standings.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    fluffy

why wouldn't you ask me about kibbutz

:(

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

So you can pretend that an actor is a prince of a foreign country but speaking English for some magical reason, for a role, but not that he isn't white?

Using an analogy that draws comparisons between social standing and race is a bad idea. They function entirely different.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    i am the resident expert, you son of a bitch

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.