Options

[Let's Play] Metroid Other M - S14 - Always wear your helmet

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Ok, I finished it cause I couldn't sleep.
    This will be going live with my videos from now on cause this game makes my head hurt just like NGE does.
    The video is unlisted, it's a special link just for PA cause I love you guys :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVq0t85Pv8U

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Haha, the flashing text does accurately convey the mess that is the opening to this game, nice work :D

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I...don't think it's actually unlisted.

But otherwise, you are some kinda video wizard, Klyka. That was great.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    metroidfusioncontinuity.jpgmetroidfusionnarrative.jpg

I was gonna write something up for those but it's funnier just thinking about them in an Other M kind of context.

Luckily I did instead.
    8s2Ep.jpg

Fuck me now.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    *snickers*

I love Klyka.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Ok, I finished it cause I couldn't sleep.
    This will be going live with my videos from now on cause this game makes my head hurt just like NGE does.
    The video is unlisted, it's a special link just for PA cause I love you guys :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVq0t85Pv8U

Oh my god, oh my fucking god Klyka.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Everything that is wrong with this game is everything that is right with Klyka's trailer.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    That intro video's great, but it needs the word BABY to flash up like half a dozen times throughout.

• Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    That promo trailer should end with Samus walking really slowly through that corridor in the last LP. I mean, wow, that part of the LP was horrible, but I still watched the thing.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Klyka.

Also, Henroid, sorry for stealing your thunder.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    1uzzg.gif

Beautiful.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So I take it this ranks with Capcom's new DMC in how to rape a franchise to death with a single game?

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Hahahaha that was amazing. I fucking hate this game so much but the lulz won't stop.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Thanks guys! That took quite a while to make, there's a ton of 2-3 frame pictures in there, all trying to emulate the actual images from the NGE intro.
    Also, it was supposed to be unlisted, but I guess I didn't set it properly in my half-sleep state :(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Rejoice! Now the entire world may bask in your radiance.

I'm calling Fox News and Al Jazeera right this instant. If we play this right we can get you a movie deal with Michael Bay, a trip to Disney Land and a lifetime sponsorship with ATI for all their newest and best video capture cards.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Then some guy wearing a Rei t-shirt says "Wait, I think I have seen this somewhere before..." and all my dreams crumble.

Edit: @Henroid: Did you rike it?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:

Well, he reported it for awesome, so probably.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Incidentally, I wanted to emphasize that I totally hate the game but am really enjoying your LP - it's one of the better Metroid Other M LPs I've seen actually.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:

Well, he reported it for awesome, so probably.

Haha, so he did!

@Aegeri Thanks man, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Set 06 - BBQ authorized
    Dat first minute...

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    This is probably the worst case of Authorization in the game. A) How is the Ice beam any worse than your regular beam, and B) How is EXTRA ARMOR AND HEAT PROTECTION not something you either have on all the time or at the very least turn on as soon as you realize that sector is a lava place?

Also, why did they make an active volcano on a space station?

Also also, that lava boss gave me tons of trouble for whatever reason when I played this. Not sure why, it's nowhere near as bad as lizard-tail back there.

• Options
    I just totally derped out this set, hence the deaths. Especially at that lava boss! Grrrrr.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    This was the section that drove me away from the game for good. I never even reached the boss, I just kept getting pissed off with the jumping and the constant damage.
    I actually never made it to getting the suit authorised, so I assumed she didn't have it from the start (since it was never on in the first place).
    Honestly, would it have killed them to say her suit was damaged in the escape from Zebes or something? It's a retcon, but smaller than some of the other ones they've already thrown in. (And I hear they get worse)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    Dartboy wrote:
    This is probably the worst case of Authorization in the game. A) How is the Ice beam any worse than your regular beam, and B) How is EXTRA ARMOR AND HEAT PROTECTION not something you either have on all the time or at the very least turn on as soon as you realize that sector is a lava place?

Also also, that lava boss gave me tons of trouble for whatever reason when I played this. Not sure why, it's nowhere near as bad as lizard-tail back there.

THIS. More to the point, how the hell did they do it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dartboy wrote:
    A) How is the Ice beam any worse than your regular beam,
    My guess is that it's the usual problem with the ice beam in that now it takes LONGER to kill things, because the charge beam will now freeze them instead of outright killing them.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Dartboy wrote:

To be fair, answering the second question answers the first.
    Everything we've seen of the Galactic Federation indicates a 'because we can' approach to scientific research.
    "We can clone the galaxies deadliest monsters to create uncontrollable bio-weapons? Where do I sign?"
    The President of the Galactic Federation is a Mr Cave Johnson.
    We're done here.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    klemming wrote:
    Dartboy wrote:

To be fair, answering the second question answers the first.
    Everything we've seen of the Galactic Federation indicates a 'because we can' approach to scientific research.
    "We can clone the galaxies deadliest monsters to create uncontrollable bio-weapons? Where do I sign?"
    The President of the Galactic Federation is a Mr Cave Johnson.
    We're done here.

That's the exact methodology of the Space Pirates.

Wait. The scientific faction of the pirates goes missing, just as the Galactic Federation goes from "We can be careful with Phazon and Mother Brains, right? Good. 365 days without an accident!" to "SCIENCE!"

...This is heavy, doc.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    The space pirates and the federation were working together all along to become masters of science tubes.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    so the Galactic Federation is Aperture Science and the Space Pirates are Black Mesa?

I wish they'd do something about the origin of Mother Brain in the next Metroid. Because, really, in Prime 3,

were such a tease

• Options
    So no one even mentions Katrinonus' and Helloween's part in the intro? :(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    So no one even mentions Katrinonus' and Helloween's part in the intro? :(
    Someone did. I was too busy laughing to mention them.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    The space pirates and the federation were working together all along to become masters of science tubes.

I can see the memos now:

"CHOPSTICKS ARE INFERIOR TO THE FORK. THIS IS A SCIENCE FACT, PLEASE KEEP IT IN MIND."

"DOG TASTES BETTER THAN CAT. EXTENSIVELY RESEARCHED"

"IT IS A CRIME TO KILL ONE HUMAN; IT IS NOT A CRIME TO KILL ALL HUMANS. DISCUSS."

• Options
    They have a meeting every month as to the best use of tubes, and the federation thinks that "Tubes should be used for breeding experiments" and the space pirates are just yelling "PUT 'EM EVERYWHERE!" With Ridley in the background just watching as the horrific realization that his subordinates are idiots dawns on him.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    They have a meeting every month as to the best use of tubes, and the federation thinks that "Tubes should be used for breeding experiments" and the space pirates are just yelling "PUT 'EM EVERYWHERE!" With Ridley in the background just watching as the horrific realization that his subordinates are idiots dawns on him.

Then he goes and eats some fucking honey.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    so the Galactic Federation is Aperture Science and the Space Pirates are Black Mesa?

I wish they'd do something about the origin of Mother Brain in the next Metroid. Because, really, in Prime 3,

were such a tease

In my opinion, that's how you flesh out the Metroid universe. Retro didn't explicitly say "Mother Brain was actually an Aurora unit," they just threw it out there casually.

• Options
    I'm 9 minutes into S06 and there's so much to say. I love you Klyka, and I hate this game. <3

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote:

were such a tease

In my opinion, that's how you flesh out the Metroid universe. Retro didn't explicitly say "Mother Brain was actually an Aurora unit," they just threw it out there casually.

They released this image and everyone collectively flipped shit.

http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/0/04/Aurora2.PNG

• Options
    "Now your arms are on fire?!" - Word for word when that bit came up, when I was thinking to myself as I saw it happen.

• Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote:
    Toldo wrote:

were such a tease

They released this image and everyone collectively flipped shit.

http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/0/04/Aurora2.PNG

alright, that's not even subtle anymore :P

• Options
    It's also not canon!