Options

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I've never managed to use it to any useful effect. Damage is too low, recoil is too high, and it requires a level of accuracy to be effective that I just can't consistently deliver.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    How come my medi-gel counter isn't reduced by reviving the squad? And even when I use it up down to zero, I can still (sometimes) revive other people?

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    When you revive other people, you're not applying medi-gel to them, you're just slapping them across the face and asking why they're such a sissy.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice in the old thread, @Wyborn and @Dragkonias. I went with Striker/Crusader today and the results were solid.

So, just to be clear: I want to be buying Recruit Packs until I max out the common mods, and then go up to Veteran Packs?

This is exactly what you want to be doing.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Dac wrote: »
    When you revive other people, you're not applying medi-gel to them, you're just slapping them across the face and asking why they're such a sissy.

Thank Zeus you don't!

Can you imagine what that would do to the game if you had to use your medigel to revive someone else?

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    eahenryiieahenryii Registered User regular

Thank Zeus you don't!

Can you imagine what that would do to the game if you had to use your medigel to revive someone else?

On the other hand, being able to do it from a distance using something like Unity would be handy occasionally. Another one for the "Shepard is OP" column.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I pity everyone who's gotten the Eagle more than one time so far.

My Eagle III and Crusader IV hate you.

Whats wrong with the Crusader?

Also Eagle V here.

At this point I don't even mind getting it; let it get to X so I never see it in a pack again.

Personally, I like the Eagle as a sidearm. Pistol ULM keeps it low weight and it has a high enough damage to still do decently against armor.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I'll have to try the Saber II out on my Destroyer sometime.

Pair it up with my much beloved Piranha X. That thing is an eraser. I point it at stuff I want to go away, and it generally does.

Though I am tempted to try the Claymore X. I imagine it'd be similar to how it works on my Gethfiltrator, but I generally keep the shotgun on hand for close encounters, where rate of fire is ofen as important as hurling half a car at them. Maybe a Reegar? Since I'm already using that slot for close range firepower (and a backup weapon when my Revanant runs out of ammo and I don't have a conveniently placed ammo crate or Demolisher crate handy) that might be fun too.

And if we used our own medigel to revive other people we'd still be stuck on silver with only the bravest few in Gold. Because nobody would ever revive anyone else ever.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

It might be awesome, but I dont know how i can put down my Typhoon which allows me to kill in one clip any boss mob in the game from full health on Gold.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    How come my medi-gel counter isn't reduced by reviving the squad? And even when I use it up down to zero, I can still (sometimes) revive other people?

I assume you are talking about the tips that are shown on the loading screen? The one about the Medi-gel applies to singleplayer and Shepard, not online. I was confused by this at first too during the demo since I never played the SP demo and my Medi-gel clearly was reviving only me.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know why, on Firebase: White, why half the time I die, I instantly revive myself?

I don't want people to think I'm a glitcher or anything. Seriously, though; half the time I die, I either instantly revive at the spot where I fell, or I fall through the map and revive on the spawning platform at full health.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Does anyone know why, on Firebase: White, why half the time I die, I instantly revive myself?

I don't want people to think I'm a glitcher or anything. Seriously, though; half the time I die, I either instantly revive at the spot where I fell, or I fall through the map and revive on the spawning platform at full health.

You should probably try to stop dying through walls. :|

edit: that's why you're respawning though, your body is clipping into geometry. you're not host in these games, right?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Are you playing a Vanguard?

I partially desynced the other day and this started happening. I was mostly on the ground, but whenever I died I'd fall through the floor and respawn alive on the platform.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Haven't really had time to keep up with the MP lately.

Is Geth White Platinum officially A Thing? Any major differences to Gold? Is it all pubbies play on Platinum?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

It might be awesome, but I dont know how i can put down my Typhoon which allows me to kill in one clip any boss mob in the game from full health on Gold.

http://social.bioware.com/3707064/&v=bw_games&game=masseffect3_pc&pid=417485576&display=multiplayer

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    gjaustin wrote: »

I partially desynced the other day and this started happening. I was mostly on the ground, but whenever I died I'd fall through the floor and respawn alive on the platform.

Doesn't this always happen in the back entrance to the console room? I thought this was something people specifically exploited? If it was happening to you elsewhere though, then I have no idea what was happening.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Haven't really had time to keep up with the MP lately.

Is Geth White Platinum officially A Thing? Any major differences to Gold? Is it all pubbies play on Platinum?

I haven't played in a few days but the few times I went for a random/random/plat every time it was GWP.

The major difference is the fact that all 3 factions spawn. AFAIK health/armor/shields are the same as they are on Gold; it's just the addition of everything, and an abundance of boss-level enemies. For GWP the hardest waves are the early ones where Centurions spawn and toss grenades. After that, honestly, it's not too hard.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Also, banshees flushing you into hunters and pyros.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Eh, bring along a salarian engineer and it trivializes banshees entirely. In fact, if a player is in cover in the corner of the south? cover in the little room, banshees will try to pile on top of them and will get wonky in the geometry and waste most of their time trying to do something they can't physically do and won't even attack.

If anything atlas's are the biggest challenge on GWP, with their smokescreens.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    eahenryii wrote: »

Thank Zeus you don't!

On the other hand, being able to do it from a distance using something like Unity would be handy occasionally. Another one for the "Shepard is OP" column.

Excellent.

• Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    Shaggy wrote: »

Doesn't this always happen in the back entrance to the console room? I thought this was something people specifically exploited? If it was happening to you elsewhere though, then I have no idea what was happening.

The only place I've ever had it happen consistently in in the back doorway of the console room on Firebase White. Out of all my playing, I've not been there much, but if I die on that doorway, I glitch and respawn on the platform. I've never seen someone intentionally exploit it, the fact that it respawns you far from the normal GWG camping spot makes it not that much of a benefit.

Recently I've played more GWG when pugging. I did have it happened to me in a 'GWP' match we did the other day. That was a little freaky, because there were alot of enemies between me and my squad. Managed to make it back though.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options

I was in the other room up the stairs from the console room. But again, I was Vanguard glitching so that was probably it.

• Options
    Vicktor wrote: »

The only place I've ever had it happen consistently in in the back doorway of the console room on Firebase White. Out of all my playing, I've not been there much, but if I die on that doorway, I glitch and respawn on the platform. I've never seen someone intentionally exploit it, the fact that it respawns you far from the normal GWG camping spot makes it not that much of a benefit.

Recently I've played more GWG when pugging. I did have it happened to me in a 'GWP' match we did the other day. That was a little freaky, because there were alot of enemies between me and my squad. Managed to make it back though.

I guess you can't really use it in any sort of game breaking way but it's definitely a tool to get out of there if you are being overrun. I know I've seen some people do it to get out of that area after a round got out of hand. I don't really know where to stand for it to be consistent, plus I don't like to use glitches, but I have had it get me out of a hairy situation before.

• Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    I got 4 Krogan Solider cards in PSPs yesterday....4.

I hate new dlc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So...is this the next objective?
    Operation OVERWATCH drops troops on Earth to tackle the most secure Reaper strongholds. Reaper anti-air defense will make for high-risk shuttle extractions.

Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with at least one squad member using an Earth Pack character
    Allied Goal: Extract 800,000 individual players on any difficulty, with each live member counting toward the goal.

Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack that includes a new Earth character.

Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed to earn these rewards.

Seems pretty easy.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Wow, now that I can do

and a free Earth DLC char card?

I'll probably get a second Fury

it's the only one I've unlocked

• Options
    Can you get "secondary colour" or whatever from that kind of Victory Pack?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Seems like the Allied Goal is for people who don't play a lot.

But 800,000 Extractions is too difficult so might as well.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    I'll Kroguard some Bronze-people out alive, I guess.

And Destroyer for myself. Mattock seems to be working decently. Can occupy more targets than the Valiant. Maybe I'll try the Revenant again.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I believe I shall be Destroyering aplenty this weekend! (Ooh, Mattock, maybe as good as the Saber...)

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular

http://social.bioware.com/3707064/&v=bw_games&game=masseffect3_pc&pid=417485576&display=multiplayer

I'm blocked at work. What is the gist?

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options

I'm blocked at work. What is the gist?

I still can't stay logged in, so effectively blocked.

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    I wonder how long the extraction is lengthened. 3 minutes total, no one cares, but what if they made you sit through it for 5 or more?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Ah, this should be an easy one. But 800000 extractions total? Highly unlikely we're gonna reach that.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Meh...800,000 PERSONAL extractions sounds pretty easy to me.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Meh. Don't even have to do that.

Silver is easy enough and only takes slightly longer.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Ah, this should be an easy one. But 800000 extractions total? Highly unlikely we're gonna reach that.

Yeah, full extraction counts for 4, so... Should be doable.

• Options
    Yeah everyone can just run Bronze all weekend and get a lot of extractions. I can't imagine they'd set impossible goals two weekends in a row.

• Options
    Yeah everyone can just run Bronze all weekend and get a lot of extractions. I can't imagine they'd set impossible goals two weekends in a row.

I'm normally full-extracting on Silver, so. But yeah, this doesn't sound like a biggie. Take some time to level up some neglected classes I guess.