Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Assault Android Cactus is insane... and insanely fun. I just dropped an hour on the demo and - just wow. Worth taking a look at! Especially if you like pulse-pounding chaotic games...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Bought DLC Quest earlier for 75 cents, played and beat it in one sitting, sold the cards on the market.

A couple of hours of fun for just 40 cents, not bad! It's a fun little game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Re-post for the night crew
    LostNinja wrote: »
    To celebrate now being a member of the adventure team!

signature.png

Open to adventure team and closes in a day so whoever doesn't win can still get it before the green light sale ends

Also I have a 50% off Anna-extended edition coupon for whoever wants it

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Has anyone taken War Thunder for a spin yet?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Bought DLC Quest earlier for 75 cents, played and beat it in one sitting, sold the cards on the market.

A couple of hours of fun for just 40 cents, not bad! It's a fun little game.

I can't find the last few coins to get to the final boss. That game can go to hell. :-(

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I've got a spare key for someone who wants to give it a home:

signature.png

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Having played the Star Citizen hangar and being unable to play SRIV because of the save bug I am forlorn. New video card and all and nothing I really wanna play. I guess I can try out Dishonored? Hrm. So many games, none to play.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    @SkutSkut for being awesome and gifting me Crysis 2!

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    This greenlight sale is basically a list of games I will wait to come out in indie bundles.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Has anyone taken War Thunder for a spin yet?

I put a handful of hours into it when it was in "Beta". Haven't fired it up in a few months though, it didn't 'hook' me. Tried playing with a flight stick and that was terrible. KBAM and rules the air in that game using arcade controls vs realism. I think my main problem is it got rather grindy, especially when I was playing only certain maps seemed to pop up to play.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Having played the Star Citizen hangar and being unable to play SRIV because of the save bug I am forlorn. New video card and all and nothing I really wanna play. I guess I can try out Dishonored? Hrm. So many games, none to play.

Dishonored is awesome, but it deserves a full playthrough, so I'd hold off on it if you won't keep up on it considering the SR4 patch is supposedly due any day.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Great ScottGreat Scott King of Wishful Thinking Paragon City, RIRegistered User regular
    @mechmantis Thanks a TON for Symphony! It's awesome! Of course... all my achievements are on Ceres' copy of the game. :/

I'm sorry I haven't posted thanks but I've been working a ton of overtime recently, and managed to get sick because of it.

I'm unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Options
    Great ScottGreat Scott King of Wishful Thinking Paragon City, RIRegistered User regular
    Having played the Star Citizen hangar ....

SniperGuy, I stopped waiting for Star Citizen some time ago (that's my strategy for games I really want to play but aren't out yet). What's the alpha like, in your opinion?

I'm unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Options
    Why on earth had I never seen this trailer before? Cause it just got a sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QLKB_Mh9z8

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that's stellar

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    that's stellar

No, it's aquatic

• Options
    It actually got that sequel trailer months ago. Here's another!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjzUVR9qCYU

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    receiver is interesting. I barely played I admit but I like the atmosphere and actually have to think to reload is -actually- enough of a reason for the thing to exist.

I died 3 times very quickly though so I just closed it :P. before that I spent 5 minutes guessing at controls before watching a video because the game doesn't even tells you which keys to use in any sense.

felt like I had a real gun in my hands. clueless and a little afraid.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    It actually got that sequel trailer months ago. Here's another!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjzUVR9qCYU

Awesome, what an epic trilogy.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    before that I spent 5 minutes guessing at controls before watching a video because the game doesn't even tells you which keys to use in any sense.

Isn't there a help option or something that puts all the keys up on the upper right part of the screen, plus an option to have the key you need to press next to get your gun one step closer to ready highlighted? I thought I saw that in a video of it before.

Looking at Receiver makes me want a horror game made with those mechanics. Most horror games become trivial when you acquire a weapon, because then you can just rush in swinging blindly or unloading and the horror vanishes before the sense of power accompanying your weapon expertise, and then on the flipside some games are only scary because you're denied any ability to fight back, but if you had to count your (limited) rounds mentally only to forget after a panicked moment, or to clear jams in critical situations while you hammer at the keyboard in terror, that'd be a good balance of power and tension. Also no aiming reticule.

Someone make that game.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    I didn't see it in the options but I've certainly missed obvious things before.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was in the GB Quick Look.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Looking at the videos on the store page, there should be an onscreen blurb in the upper right that says press ? to open help in-game.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    thank you

also I agree it would be awesome in a survival/horror game

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Receiver is in its own way a horror game, and very much all about survival. Collect the tapes, you'll see what I mean. It's not BOO Monsters scary. It's the kind of scary that's all holy shit what am I involved with?

The sheer terror when you have two rounds left and you have a Tazer Drone chasing you down is just as intense as anything I've ever played. Even when you become an expert operating the firearms in the game, you still won't feel like some unstoppable badass.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Wow, it has been some time away. I didn't even get cartoons made, bad me. I have played more Baldur's gate though. I'm on chapter 3, and I think this is the farthest I have gotten in that game. I also have been playing faerie solitaire. Yeah.

So it is offical. I have told my bosses at work I'm going to school come winter quarter. Now to wait for e-mail. They are on vacation until Next week. And spoils.
    @Luchaire @heirtransparent - HowLongToBeat Backlog
    Luchaire wrote: »
    I just found this site which calculates how long it would take to complete your Steam backlog. Uses info from HowLongToBeat.com (and some guessing).
    http://steamplaytime.appspot.com/?steamid=76561198040860003
    *sob*
    No.
    Just no.
    Mine said I was almost done. It does not take into account you might play a game like civ V for 900 hours. So not very good site IMHO.
    http://steamplaytime.appspot.com/?steamid=dyasalure
    98.25%

An luchaire did a give away, and I made it in. Good thing I only wanted to enter one. But I did try for MK.
    I'm so behind, I'm not doing spoils. Least a lot. But @dranyth what dust? I saw from dust, and dust: an alysian tale? I like metroidvana games, even if I have a backlog from somewhere.
    Hmm...can you control, per game, what corner the notifications pop up in? The bottom right is kind of not the best place for it when Steam comes back from a crap up and like 100 people pop online at once.
    Can I just turn it off! I don't want it. I don't care. I don't need it. Turn it off, and it borks with Baldurs gate graphics and gliches.
    Oh, and throwing it out there, my grandpa is 93 and has a GF. His wife died 4 years ago, so glad he found companion. So, when we are that age, we will just be able to tell games what to do? Or think it? right?
    @Jubal77 - I do not approve in storms in WA state
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    OT: But Holy chit... my town just got hit with a quick storm that some reported as having the beginning of a funnel cloud in it. Trees down everywhere, power out in a lot of places. This is in Washington State. It was a pretty scary experience.
    Picture
    9jS5cJU.jpg
    Edit:
    Another:
    CLMjIU6.jpg
    I live here, just do not approve. Go away storms. Although the rain was hella hard today. No, this is game related. It was like, heavy rain today. :).

All right, so kinda small post. And this is starting on like page 25 I think. I read it all though. This is totally possible in slow times. Not sale thread times. I have more cartoons. I really just need to make them. I think they are funny, but my job is so draining, I just want to go out and see people. Sitting all night long staring at cameras with little to no human interaction makes me go crazy. 4 months, and I will be in school. Awake during the day.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Miasma on sale. Ooooooooh. Boughted. Looks incredibly interesting.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    OT: But Holy chit... my town just got hit with a quick storm that some reported as having the beginning of a funnel cloud in it. Trees down everywhere, power out in a lot of places. This is in Washington State. It was a pretty scary experience.

9jS5cJU.jpg

New mission

Emission: find cover

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Is there an easy way to get a list of games in your steam library that have multiplayer? I'm trying to get some non-PA friends far away to game with me but there are so many games in my library that I don't know anything about (those bundle deals really grow the library). It seems weird that you can't search in your own library and use filters and things.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Is there an easy way to get a list of games in your steam library that have multiplayer? I'm trying to get some non-PA friends far away to game with me but there are so many games in my library that I don't know anything about (those bundle deals really grow the library). It seems weird that you can't search in your own library and use filters and things.

I use categories in the Steam library, and one of them is "Multiplayer". So it's not automatic, I just stick stuff in there that I know is primarily multiplayer: L4D, Chivalry, Borderlands, Payday, etc.

I agree it would be nice if there was some kind of tag cloud or something so that games could be marked "FPS", "female protagonist", etc. Then you could search and filter your library if you wanted to find something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    That would definitely work. It just seems crazy that when you have like 500 games in your library, there is no easy way to filter it down when you are trying to decide what to play.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Quick question.

i have the game Krater, which apparently got a Co-op update at some point...

As far as i know, Krater is a kind of top-down Western RPG with a lot of crafting... how does Co-op work in Krater?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    And I looked, and behold a pink horse: and her name that sat on him was Pixie, and Class followed with her. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to gift with pink, and with classiness. . .the pinkocalypse cometh

@Luchaire

Thank you for Bleed. I have been neglecting the Steam a little bit lately because of the upcoming end of the LoL season. This has pulled me back into the saddle. All things must pink.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Open to PA group members, NO CONTRIBUTION NEEDED :

signature.png

Oh my god so many entries, better get another copy to give away...

signature.png

Here's a new one for those paying attention. Same rules, and I'll make sure to re-roll a winner if they get picked twice so go ahead and get in on this one too..

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    What a wonderful and sad game Gone Home is, kind of a unique experience to boot too. Reckon I'll be thinking about this for a while to come

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Having played the Star Citizen hangar ....

SniperGuy, I stopped waiting for Star Citizen some time ago (that's my strategy for games I really want to play but aren't out yet). What's the alpha like, in your opinion?

All the alpha is is a hangar you can walk around in and look at your ship you get for being a backer. It's gorgeous on my new video card. The animations are very cool and the ship lets you climb in and out and sit in the cockpit seamlessly. No loads or anything like that. For an alpha, it's super cool and reinforces the idea that this game is gonna be amazing. Eventually.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster thinks that PAX is a reason to go crazy. I certainly didn't expect Inquisitor and mark of the ninja DLC. Thanks

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    It seems strange that they chose Magicka as one of the beat the average games. It's got to be the one most people are likely to have already.

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster is a true gentleman! Thanks for the deck pack for DotP 2013! I too wish I could be PAXing it up!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    And @Spoit decided to use my PAX inspired gift list clearing as a reason to gift me Van Helsing. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.