Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Open to PA group members, NO CONTRIBUTION NEEDED :

signature.png

Oh my god so many entries, better get another copy to give away...

signature.png

Here's a new one for those paying attention. Same rules, and I'll make sure to re-roll a winner if they get picked twice so go ahead and get in on this one too..

You sir have class coming out of every orifice!

Open till Sunday:
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    If Mercenary Kings and
    Quick question.

i have the game Krater, which apparently got a Co-op update at some point...

As far as i know, Krater is a kind of top-down Western RPG with a lot of crafting... how does Co-op work in Krater?

Coop is it's own stand alone part of the game. You won't play your characters you leveled up in Single player in Coop as far as I know, unless that has changed. Pretty sure it hasn't, I haven't been keeping up on it, but they haven't updated since December.

IE, you'll both start and do preset missions, nothing affiliated with the normal game.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Wow, @HiT BiT hit me up with a code for The Showdown Effect in SteamChat. Thanks so much, buddy! Had to pull my 15 SteamGifts contest entries. ;-)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Huh, didn't realize that War of the Vikings Alpha was available to all War of the Roses owners instead of only available from the $125 Paradox Interactive Humble Bundle pack.

I'll see if what I am typing is true after I install it.

Edit: Yup looking good, looks like they are making the changes to make it more fun (read: more like Chivalry) maybe some of theses changes have already been transferred to WotR but regardless Alpha is Alpha.

Karoz on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Though I've been keeping up with the thread, I haven't actually been playing on Steam much lately due to making a run at my short PSP backlog.

Out of nowhere, a wild email appears! It's @shdwcaster gifting me Thirty Flights of Loving in celebration of PAX.

Thank you, I've been really interested in exploring that world.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    A week and a half before A Machine For Pigs releases. I'm conflicted over my excitement at finally getting my hands on a new game and my terror that the game is the sequel to Amnesia.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    A week and a half before A Machine For Pigs releases. I'm conflicted over my excitement at finally getting my hands on a new game and my terror that the game is the sequel to Amnesia.

Futurama_snu_snu.gif

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »

Futurama_snu_snu.gif

@CorriganX is the one on the left.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    If Mercenary Kings and
    Quick question.

i have the game Krater, which apparently got a Co-op update at some point...

As far as i know, Krater is a kind of top-down Western RPG with a lot of crafting... how does Co-op work in Krater?

Coop is it's own stand alone part of the game. You won't play your characters you leveled up in Single player in Coop as far as I know, unless that has changed. Pretty sure it hasn't, I haven't been keeping up on it, but they haven't updated since December.

IE, you'll both start and do preset missions, nothing affiliated with the normal game.

i see, thanks for the info. :)

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    @an_alt just gifted me Bleed! Thank you very much. It's been a downer day and this made me feel warm and fuzzy.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    an_alt wrote: »
    Though I've been keeping up with the thread, I haven't actually been playing on Steam much lately due to making a run at my short PSP backlog.

Out of nowhere, a wild email appears! It's @shdwcaster gifting me Thirty Flights of Loving in celebration of PAX.

Thank you, I've been really interested in exploring that world.

@an_alt was not content to let Paxmas pass, for is it not written that it is better to gift than receive? And therefore he sent me Primordia, which looks like an absolutely amazing adventure game.

Thank you so much!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    @an_alt just gifted me Bleed! Thank you very much. It's been a downer day and this made me feel warm and fuzzy.

I approve!

There needs to be more pinkification! I can't possibly get everyone!

On a different note: there's a fair-to-decent chance I'm actually going to buy myself a game later. I don't know how I feel about this. I don't even know if I remember how! :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Holy shit, Assault Android Cactus is insane... and insanely fun. I just dropped an hour on the demo and - just wow. Worth taking a look at! Especially if you like pulse-pounding chaotic games...

that would seem to be

everything i crave in a game.

yessss.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Wow, Colonial Marines got cheap. Did the issues with it get fixed?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    BTW, DUE, weren't we supposed to dive and/or kick last night?

• Options
    Five bucks? Yeah I'll pay five bucks.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I need an MMO fix or an RPG fix or something. Is The Secret World on sale anywhere? That always tempts me. I'm just unable to choose!

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Huh, didn't realize that War of the Vikings Alpha was available to all War of the Roses owners instead of only available from the $125 Paradox Interactive Humble Bundle pack.

Edit: Yup looking good, looks like they are making the changes to make it more fun (read: more like Chivalry) maybe some of theses changes have already been transferred to WotR but regardless Alpha is Alpha.

Gonna have to try War of the Vikings this weekend. I played some War of the Roses last night. Got my 3 steam card drops. I am not sure if I am really digging it though.

First off, is there any reason to even try to block? The difficulty in doing it does not seem worth the reward. Without very careful mouse movements, it can be very easy to accidentally block in an unintended direction. And even if you do block, the enemy can just wind-up and release a quick 2nd attack. Game is a bit too slow paced so far. I much prefer Chivalry so far. Is there any cool stuff in War of the Roses that I am missing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy shit, Assault Android Cactus is insane... and insanely fun. I just dropped an hour on the demo and - just wow. Worth taking a look at! Especially if you like pulse-pounding chaotic games...

that would seem to be

yessss.

It's awesome. Highly, highly recommended.
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I need an MMO fix or an RPG fix or something. Is The Secret World on sale anywhere? That always tempts me. I'm just unable to choose!

Last I looked it was like 50% off at Amazon.

Worth every penny. I have well over 100 hours in it right now and have only just scratched the surface. It's easily my favorite MMO to date.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    So I've got Rogue Legacy, Prison Architect, Towns, Gnomoria in my cart but I'm not sure about pulling the trigger. Anyone have any suggestions for any of them? I heard Rogue Legacy was great, but I haven't heard much about Towns or Gnomoria and both are very intriguing to me but are very similar in their descriptions.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »

Gonna have to try War of the Vikings this weekend. I played some War of the Roses last night. Got my 3 steam card drops. I am not sure if I am really digging it though.

First off, is there any reason to even try to block? The difficulty in doing it does not seem worth the reward. Without very careful mouse movements, it can be very easy to accidentally block in an unintended direction. And even if you do block, the enemy can just wind-up and release a quick 2nd attack. Game is a bit too slow paced so far. I much prefer Chivalry so far. Is there any cool stuff in War of the Roses that I am missing?

Blocking is immensely powerful if you can pull it off.

Blocking an attack momentarily staggers an opponent, and can give you a free shot.

It's also the only way to guarantee an attack that hits does 0 damage.

Blocking is also a lot faster than attacking, so you can do the block after they start their swing.

Also, fast attacks don't do much damage - if you can force your opponent off of a fully-chambered swing into a quick swing from a different direction, you've cut his damage significantly, so if you can take that on an armored part of your body, you can ignore it and get in a stronger swing while he's recovering.

WotR combat tends a bit more to bluff-and-counterbluff than Chivalry, as you try to get your opponent to commit to the wrong attack and then make him pay for it (or her - there're female character models!).

Archery is also way better in WotR than it is in Chivalry.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Svevin wrote: »

As far as fun goes WotR wins in the archery simulation department, the rest of the metals tend to go to Chivalry.

With enough practice you can become very good with parrying allowing you to more easily use a 2h weapon for demolishing your enemies but a shield is always better. The swing spam is potentially getting fixed with a stamina bar and (IIRC) power bar in Viking. I think Chivalry made the right move by making attacks timed instead of readied.

Edit: Beat by Elvenshae.

Karoz on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    So I've got Rogue Legacy, Prison Architect, Towns, Gnomoria in my cart but I'm not sure about pulling the trigger. Anyone have any suggestions for any of them? I heard Rogue Legacy was great, but I haven't heard much about Towns or Gnomoria and both are very intriguing to me but are very similar in their descriptions.
    The only one I've played is Rogue Legacy, and you heard right. It is great. Fun traits, interesting enemies, and tight controls make the platforming and the combat both lots of fun. The bosses don't seem to, at least for playthrough 1, don't really gel with the rest of the difficulty curve, but once you've beaten them legitimately they're super easy on every subsequence playthrough.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

shucks i forgot

i think Variable wanted in on the action too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

that would seem to be

yessss.

Worth every penny. I have well over 100 hours in it right now and have only just scratched the surface. It's easily my favorite MMO to date.

Hrm. It's still 15 on Amazon. Is that a steam code?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

signature.png

Congrats to gregalor aka @Vegan for winning the giveaway!

I just sent it out so check your e-mail.

• Options
    edited August 2013

that would seem to be

yessss.

Hrm. It's still 15 on Amazon. Is that a steam code?

No, I do not believe so. Bought mine from Amazon when it went F2P for the good deals, now I lack cards.

It's why I have to resist re-buying Witcher 2 for myself on Steam. I can't even justify doing it to make it a digital download, it already is.

Karoz on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Fanda wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    OT: But Holy chit... my town just got hit with a quick storm that some reported as having the beginning of a funnel cloud in it. Trees down everywhere, power out in a lot of places. This is in Washington State. It was a pretty scary experience.

9jS5cJU.jpg

New mission

Emission: find cover

Get out of here, stalker!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Yeah, Rogue Legacy is great.

I've heard mixed things about Towns. Don't really know about the others.

• Options
    edited August 2013

shucks i forgot

i think Variable wanted in on the action too

Both of you weren't on Steam even though you both claimed to want to dive and or kick.

i am so disappoint! :P

Yeah, Towns AND Gnomoria?

I got Towns thinking it was gonna be a less insanely complex Dwarf Fortress. What it got me to do was play Actual Dwarf Fortress.

Which is free.

And more fun.

Plus, i seem to recall Towns has some trouble with the alpha? Like, "stopped working on it due to illness" trouble.

21stCentury on
  • Options
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I added Towns first, then saw Gnomoria was less than $3 so I added that, and now I'm thinking about removing both and just getting Rogue Legacy and Prison Architect.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I've played towns. Some people like it. It never really grabbed me. It seemed interesting and cool stuff happened but not having direct control of my minions (most of the time) turns me off in games. FWIW, I know a few people here like it.

Only played the Demo for Gnomoria, can't really comment.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    signature.png

Congrats to gregalor aka @Vegan for winning the giveaway!

I just sent it out so check your e-mail.

Glory to Arstotzka, @LostNinja!!

On that note, here's some stuff:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Five bucks? Yeah I'll pay five bucks.

Literally said the same thing. Don't care about bad rep, love the franchise so I'll support for $5.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Oh hey, Saints Row 4 is now available for non Brazilians at a lower price.

From the game deals thread:
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    GMG has a 25% coupon for new games right now: http://blog.playfire.com/2013/08/25-voucher-on-best-and-most-recent-games.html?emst=AhENHq9r4S_124967_173712_348

List of qualifying games:
    Ace Patrol
    Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    Castlevania: Lord of the Shadows Ultimate Edition
    Cubetractor
    DuckTales: Remastered
    Europa Universalis IV
    Guardians of Middle Earth
    Guncraft
    Ittle Dew
    Lost Planet 3
    Memoria
    PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
    The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief and the Deluxe Season Pass (Chapter 2 Released!)
    Rayman Legends (Europe Only)
    Rise of the Triad
    Saints Row IV
    Shelter
    Skullgirls
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Europe Only)
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Deluxe Edition (Europe Only)
    Worms Clan Wars

edit: Ends up being 37.50 after the code, I think. It's almost as good as the Nuuvem deal but you'll actually be able to play the damn thing.

After the bug fix, of course.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Towns is good. I've put in probably a hundred hours on the game. About half of that before it came to Steam in it's alpha. The interface is better than DF's but it's not as intuitive as it could be. I haven't checked out the tutorials in ages, since I know how to play the game, last I heard they were supposed to be updated at some point. Bottom line is, just like DF, you'll need to do some reading on the Wiki while you get started with the game. And sure the simulation isn't as insanely detailed as DF but it's a lot more manageable. And while there is still work to be done on the game, it's very playable and offers a feature complete experience if you are willing to put up with some uneven polish.

I really like the theme of the game as well, which is setting your town up to be a haven for heroes that will clean out the dungeons beneath you. You will have to set up your town to repel invasions, both from the overworld and the underworld. It's a really neat game and I'm super sad that it seems to just get so much shit. It's being worked on and updated and while the pace of improvement isn't omg furious fast, improvements and refinements do come. Don't fall for the Steam forums hate, it's a fun game with a focus and scope that is entirely different than DF.

Drake on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

GMG has a 25% coupon for new games right now: http://blog.playfire.com/2013/08/25-voucher-on-best-and-most-recent-games.html?emst=AhENHq9r4S_124967_173712_348

Ace Patrol
    Cubetractor
    Europa Universalis IV
    Guncraft
    Ittle Dew
    Lost Planet 3
    Memoria
    The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief and the Deluxe Season Pass (Chapter 2 Released!)
    Rise of the Triad
    Saints Row IV
    Shelter
    Skullgirls
    Worms Clan Wars

edit: Ends up being 37.50 after the code, I think. It's almost as good as the Nuuvem deal but you'll actually be able to play the damn thing.

??? I bought it from Nuuvem and I can play it just fine...

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Ace Patrol
    Cubetractor
    Europa Universalis IV
    Guncraft
    Ittle Dew
    Lost Planet 3
    Memoria
    Rise of the Triad
    Saints Row IV
    Shelter
    Skullgirls
    Worms Clan Wars

The bug fix is in. Carry on Saints Rowing! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Gamefly

Tomb Raider $9.99 with code GFDAUG20

Gamersgate

Fallout: New Vegas $4.99

This discussion has been closed.