As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    There's no way we will ever have a reliable community compilation of stealth balance changes. The blatant damage changes etc will be confirmed by someone sooner or later by comparing to wikis or old clients, but anything more nebulous than that will never reach a consensus unless it's a really huge change.

Zek on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Does

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with Peach's aerials because Christ alive

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Does

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with Peach's aerials because Christ alive

ax3Jt4x.jpg

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Does

The Peaches I fought lived to come down with a Fair but it leaves them pretty vulnerable when they land. I usually just shield their air approach and throw them afterwards.

Of course Megamans' pellets/Metal blade and Links' boomerang helps to gimp Peachs' air approach as well.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Oh, but you're playing as Ganondorf.

The shielding can still work, but it can become pretty easy to read after awhile.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    That feeling when the last custom move you need to complete a set is taken from you after a Classic loss...

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    That feeling when the last custom move you need to complete a set is taken from you after a Classic loss...

I'm guessing it isn't a good feeling.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    There's no way we will ever have a reliable community compilation of stealth balance changes. The blatant damage changes etc will be confirmed by someone sooner or later by comparing to wikis or old clients, but anything more nebulous than that will never reach a consensus unless it's a really huge change.

The romhackers out there apparently were able to determine there was no change to any hitbox or animation data

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    hahaha

I was playing around with getting lots of KOs in smash mode for the challenge. Set it to 2.0 damage ratio, handicap 300%, 3 CPUs at level 1. Normal deal.

Pick Lucario because he basically is my main now but also because come on, 300% and lucario? No brainer.

Well basically if you charge his ball of pain the charge hurts people, its so big at that % its twice his size, and the touch damage KOs.

What you get is a bunch of CPU players and a death march. They spawn, walk up to you, and die. Over and over.

Its much more entertaining than it should be. Rarely they will hit you but I think I needed to set up murdermode like 4 times for 300 KOs in 10 minutes.

• Options
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Does

The Peaches I fought lived to come down with a Fair but it leaves them pretty vulnerable when they land. I usually just shield their air approach and throw them afterwards.

Of course Megamans' pellets/Metal blade and Links' boomerang helps to gimp Peachs' air approach as well.

This Peach was something else. Would only attack from half a short hop in the air while floating. Could Fair two or three times before landing with none of the associated lag. Absolutely ferocious.

Approaching as Ganondorf was almost impossible, and punishing not much better. Peach has aerials like lightning and hits like a train.

Weirdest part is that in the first match I totalled them, never even got hit. After that, though, I never got a read on them again. Massacred me a dozen times in a row.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

When you die you get a quarter (rounded down) of your winnings taken away

so just know that if you have 3 or fewer rewards and one of them is a new thing you don't want taken away it's best to suicide in the next match rather than try to keep going

it also tends to take stuff from earlier on, though it's not guaranteed, so if you got a new thing early it could be better to suicide than continue to raise your chances of getting it if you're not confident you can beat Master Core

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Yo. Somebody come smash.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    hahaha

I was playing around with getting lots of KOs in smash mode for the challenge. Set it to 2.0 damage ratio, handicap 300%, 3 CPUs at level 1. Normal deal.

Pick Lucario because he basically is my main now but also because come on, 300% and lucario? No brainer.

Well basically if you charge his ball of pain the charge hurts people, its so big at that % its twice his size, and the touch damage KOs.

What you get is a bunch of CPU players and a death march. They spawn, walk up to you, and die. Over and over.

Its much more entertaining than it should be. Rarely they will hit you but I think I needed to set up murdermode like 4 times for 300 KOs in 10 minutes.

Playing smash run and getting the 300% match as Lucario is an incredible feeling.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

When you die you get a quarter (rounded down) of your winnings taken away

so just know that if you have 3 or fewer rewards and one of them is a new thing you don't want taken away it's best to suicide in the next match rather than try to keep going

it also tends to take stuff from earlier on, though it's not guaranteed, so if you got a new thing early it could be better to suicide than continue to raise your chances of getting it if you're not confident you can beat Master Core

Yeah, I got overconfident with my attack-spec Jigglypuff and I tried to take on Master Core. I got pretty far, but it was only the second time I'd fought it, so I wasn't used to its attacks.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I14NVxa.png
    Here are the final rules for Saturday's spooky event! Nobody complained about Saturday being the time, as I assumed making it take place on Friday might be unfeasible with potential parties or kids to take trick-or-treating. Just a spooky evening of casual games since people are liable to be busy this weekend. Regular ranked tourneys resume next week. Sign up here!
    1. Double elimination with each set being the best two of three games, and the three finals (Winner's, Loser's, and Grand) will be three out of five.
    2. Three stock, 1v1 matches with a time limit of 8 minutes (you MUST have unlocked More Rules to do this; get 200 KOs to unlock it)
    3. Sudden Death is ignored: the player who had the lowest damage when time ran out is the winner.
    4. Only Mii Fighters are eligible for play, and they must be designed to match the Halloween theme.
    5. Equipment and alternative moves are allowed, but they must fit you Mii's theme (e.g. Frankenstein's Monster should not be fast)
    6. You can change anything between matches, from which Mii you're using to their equipment and moves.
    7. The following items are allowed: Smash Balls, Bob-bombs, Lightning Bolt, Food, Ore Club, Party Ball, Poison Mushroom, Ray Gun, Blue Shell, Bunny Hood, Super Leaf, Crate, Killer Eye, Gooie Bomb, Pokeballs, Blast Box, Barrel, and Beetle
    8. Each match picks one of the following stages at random: Reset Bomb Forest, Tortimer Island, Spirit Train, Warioware Inc., Magicant, Find Mii, Wily Castle, Pictochat 2, Jungle Japes, Tomodachi Life and Living Room.

When entering a room for games, please make sure your settings are set according to the rules. The game like to swap hosts, and that means whatever rules you have switched on are what goes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm so irritated after some fights with a King Dedede in For Glory I think I need to put the game down for a few days

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I actually batted a gordo. I knew he'd fling one as soon as the fight began, and it hit him square in the face for the KO.

He was just sorta bewildered after that and basically suicided after that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    He spaced with Gordo to lead his attacks and did little else

He was good at it, though

And that's another technique that Ganondorf doesn't have a lot of tools to deal with, especially since most of the Gordo summons were done from the air

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    He spaced with Gordo to lead his attacks and did little else

He was good at it, though

And that's another technique that Ganondorf doesn't have a lot of tools to deal with, especially since most of the Gordo summons were done from the air

DDD is a character I have trouble fighting against, not just with Ganondorf but all my other characters. I get caught thinking his moves will have more lag, ecspecially when he hits the ground from an aerial, and I have a hard time dealing with his recovery.

With Ganondorf I usually reflect his Gordon back with a Nair, but only if he's far away since that move has a lot of landing lag.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Haha yes just stole the win in a 3 player 4 glory with a warlock punch on a lemmy at exactly 2 seconds

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

the system of unlocking custom moves in this game is the dumbest fucking shit, christ

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Whenever I crack and try to get new moves again I go to classic 9 on a character I want moves for, hope I get 3 or 4 matches deep and game out a dozen or so custom things including at least one or two custom moves then as soon as I lose just quit and hope the new move isn't taken from me

(and then it is)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    the system of unlocking custom moves in this game is the dumbest fucking shit, christ
    It really is, and there's a ton of weird shit that makes no sense besides making it harder.

Why do equipment and fucking Mii clothes share a drop category with custom moves? Why can't we spend coins on something besides trophies? It's just a terrible grind.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Whenever I crack and try to get new moves again I go to classic 9 on a character I want moves for, hope I get 3 or 4 matches deep and game out a dozen or so custom things including at least one or two custom moves then as soon as I lose just quit and hope the new move isn't taken from me

(and then it is)

If you have the cash, Trophy Rush is much more reliable.

Not that it says much.

• Options
    I typically pick an intensity on classic that I have a very high chance of comfortably clearing (around 6-7) and cheat the roulette.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I beat lvl 9 master core with Jigglypuff
    on the bus to work

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    I beat lvl 9 master core with Jigglypuff
    on the bus to work

7 jumps helps a ton

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jiggly air game 2 strong

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

Its terrible and the menus are shit and equipment is awful

Like, this is a very good smash game but the things surrounding it are AWFUL

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Equipment is awesome are you out of your mind

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't mind equipment much at all either

Really the only thing that bothers me is that you can get the same moves/outfits/hats again

If you're going to make it a lottery, don't make it so I can get repeats, at least not unless you've got a system where I can sell repeats back or something

• Options
    Anybody up for some games tonight

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    it's quite later now but i'll be available in like half an hour

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Sorry blueblue got stuck at work. Another time.

• Options
    just 2 ships passing in the night, not smashing into each other

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    just 2 ships passing in the night, not smashing into each other

it's like farg always says, smash players are two islands of solitude mutually charting the same course

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    woah . . .

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hello folks I have just now reremembered that they're making Kirby Canvas Curse 2 and thought this was the appropriate thread to freak out about that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    It sure would be nice if Nintendo would release the Mario Kart dlc so I can take my mind off of the three and a half more weeks I have to wait until this hits the Wii U.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Hello folks I have just now reremembered that they're making Kirby Canvas Curse 2 and thought this was the appropriate thread to freak out about that

Real talk I am as hyped for that game as I am for any game that actual footage exists for

That claymation style is so good, lordy lordy

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.