As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I actually just tried Pikachu for the first time for Classic mode

Man oh man, Pikachu is really fun!

I haven't tried a character yet that I don't like, to be honest

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So here's a sentiment that has irritated the fuck out of me

"why are they adding 8 players when 3 is too many"

I don't think you could sound snobbier when talking about a party game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    If fighting game sentiment irritates you then you're in for a world of smash bros irritation

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    If fighting game sentiment irritates you then you're in for a world of smash bros irritation

The hate keeps me warm.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Wait there are people who don't like free for all?

Fucked up..........

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I actually just tried Pikachu for the first time for Classic mode

Man oh man, Pikachu is really fun!

I haven't tried a character yet that I don't like, to be honest

Pikachu was my main for every game before this one.

They nerfed lightning a little, but yeah. Still very fun.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Shabooty wrote: »

I always thought they were just the right/left hands of the kid playing with their trophies

Or I guess for this game, the kid playing with their Amiibos

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    comic377.png
    Ah hah hah, I had intended for this series of strips to come out before Smash Bros 3DS did. OOPS I am not at all good at reading a calendar! Ha ha! I guess we'll pretend that this is about Smash Bros Wii U and definitely still cool.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    If there's anything to complain about in smash, it's the $60 dlc for a lucario clone

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Uhhhh he's a mew clone

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    That feel when mewtwo's origin

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    If there's anything to complain about in smash, it's the $60 dlc for a lucario clone

Yeah but at least you get a free game with it

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

I always thought they were just the right/left hands of the kid playing with their trophies

Or I guess for this game, the kid playing with their Amiibos

They represent the part of the kid that makes sandcastles and the part that destroys them

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    There was a guy on Smashboards complaining that this was day one dlc.

Despite the fact that it won't be done until like April, and they didn't even have enough finished to show more than a T pose.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

I have to assume all his moves are gonna be different especially if they go with X for his final smash . If they used lucario as a base he wouldn't be taking so long.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWewVIia-qc

This game has the Wonderful 101 final boss music

That's pretty cool you guys

I hope it gets a couple more tracks

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I hope Mewtwo's final smash is to Mega Evolve, but it's random whether you get the X or Y form. Have the X form get superpowered normals, have the Y form get superpowered B moves.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    What the hell happened to foxs voice

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWewVIia-qc

This game has the Wonderful 101 final boss music

That's pretty cool you guys

I hope it gets a couple more tracks

Oh yeah that's right

This is my like weekly reminder that I own the Wonderful 101 and haven't touched it yet

I'm not sure why! It seems right up my alley, stylistically anyway

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    its like my favorite game please get on that shit

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    What the hell happened to foxs voice

Every time one of these characters gets a new actor they get way more anime

I would say I'm very much afraid to see what it'll be like the first time someone other than Charles Martinet plays Mario, but I'm guessing all his characters will have that Mel Blanc protection and everyone will just imitate him afterwards

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Information: As of October 27, 2014, new update data for Super Smash Bros. has been made available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all Super Smash Bros. players download and install this update data.
    Update Details: This update also includes the previous Ver. 1.0.2 update.
    The Conquest chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active. Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    They went back to Fox's VA from StarFox 64.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

i can only assume this means smash attacks no longer work on me personally

• Options
    I would accept an Olimar clone if it meant we could play as the Wonderful 100 in this game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I would accept an Olimar clone if it meant we could play as the Wonderful 100 in this game

Just make wonder red a character and he does unite morphs for his specials

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Just make wonder red a character and he does unite morphs for his specials

Do them for smashes and specials and you can get the whole team in there

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    make wonder red a character and then have viewtiful joe be an alternate skin of him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Final smash too big/final

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Foxes voice sounds way more like his n64 voice than it has for a while

He was nasally in that too

• Options
    Reports are rumbling that they got rid of Yoshi's super armor on his aerials and also made Ness's DAir spike easier to hit

Hahahaha

Hahahahahaha!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I have read a lot of reports and have seen not a lot of videos

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well I know how to test at least one of those things

Edit: Yeah I can't tell

Reports also seemed to indicate that they had changed the hit direction of G-man's down tilt, but as near as I can tell that's not true, it's still more or less the same

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I have read that metaknight's range is fixed and his throws vary damage depending on opponent, Marth's ftilt is longer, sheik's fair is faster, megaman's throws do less/more damage, rolls are more punishable, rolls are the same, shields regenerate slower/the same/faster

I have read "I feel like" a lot

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    One thing people seem to agree on is smoother online play

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    So, Robin and Lucina seem to be slightly buffed, and many, many other characters are slightly nerfed.

I can live with that.

• Options
    nintendo

patched a game

to rebalance it

i don't

what

• Options
    SedraxisSedraxis Kooloo LimpahRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    So, Robin and Lucina seem to be slightly buffed, and many, many other characters are slightly nerfed.

Music to my ears.

Mirrodinlandscape.jpg
    3DS: 0232-8293-7683
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    It sure seems like they removed shulk from the game, and boy do I feel like goku was added in

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.