As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Singularity Satans 2014

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've been kind of meaning to get a record player, because while I'm a pretentious dick, I'm not that kind of pretentious dick yet

But then I'll go to the record store and see like, the Shaft soundtrack or something and decide that is probably the only thing I'd ever listen to on vinyl

Just, constantly on loop

So for my own sake, I haven't bought a record player, because I'm worried about what I'll do with it

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    Hehe, I thought it was onions too.

Man you guys have some weird looking onions

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I like to think I have a nice vinyl collection starting up. I found the soundtrack to 2001: A Space Odyssey at Goodwill most recently.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Still haven't seen a post out of my satanee. Getting a little worried.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

you should text them!

• Options
    I can't. I haven't bothered to pay for phone service in months.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So I'm posting here and in the D&D Santa thread because I don't know which gifter has so awesomely gifted me this poster I've been wanting:
    Ig4yOr4.jpg
    Yay!

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I got a postcard in the mail today. Usually I only receive postcards every other Thursday so this must be the work of the devil!
    postcardfront_zps34491577.jpg
    postcardback_zps000c9e9e.jpg

So the postmark shows it's from Austin, it seems everyone in Texas is having their own Secret Satans this year. As for the identity that I still haven't figured out, I may have had my fair share of drinks today and am kinda tired. Some of them are kinda hard to see but the underlined letters are M,h,a,e,h,b,Five,A,n,E. I'm probably just missing something obvious, nobody who has signed up has names that are either outstandingly French sounding, have a 5 in them, or are respiration based. I tried shifting MhaehbAnE five letters over but that didn't leave any vowels. Nobody's name has that combination of letters either so there must be some sort of obfuscation.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular

On the off chance that it's me, I've been away for a bit and I'm finally heading back home tomorrow (it being about 5:40pm now).

Kinda had a small getaway thing with my family.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I came home from work today (after working late) to find a package from Amazon! And for once it wasn't something I ordered!
    ygbzwg3yjs3v.jpg

But then I had to fix my dryer, which took a while.

Then I washed my hands twice because they were very dirty from fixing my dryer.

THEN I finally got to my package!
    q4529gs1efgw.jpg

Chandler, aren't you excited?
    9wk4ba4weck4.jpg

Okay whatever. WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
    yznnfai9umjv.jpg

A gift! And a message! Does this mean there's more? This is already the second thing (after The Golden Compass, which I've started reading and I'm really enjoying so far)! Chandler isn't this great?
    afbhhpgd0w8g.jpg

*sigh* Fine. I'll do this by myself.
    jvp2moxxuxvk.jpg

Nice! You're right that this piqued my interest, but I've never actually gotten around to reading it (or buying it, which should probably come first), so thank you! I can't wait to curl up by the fireplace and read all about the horrors lurking in the darkness.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I can't. I haven't bothered to pay for phone service in months.

PM me and I'll text them for you

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Lasbrook‌ I'm at work, but an imgur or Youtube URL maybe? The random capital letters seems significant.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    A good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhaehb5AnE doesn't work.

http://imgur.com/Mhaehb5AnE is a dead end too, I tried tacking on .gif and ,jpg too and nothing.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    @Lasbrook Well, the postmark says it's from Austin, but what is the post card? I'm not saying I would mail someone a postcard in an envelope so that they could mail it from the wrong location to hide my true location.

Edit: So if anyone wants to confuse me in the future just rotate something 90 degrees

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I need an imp!

• Options
    imp.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    oh yeah, Satan, if you've not yet gotten me whatever you're getting me, I'll add that books on edible mushrooms would be cool too!

but absolutely no worries, anything is groovy!

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    oh yeah, Satan, if you've not yet gotten me whatever you're getting me, I'll add that books on edible mushrooms would be cool too!

I really want you to open a package and it's a bunch of random books, but underneath them are edible mushrooms.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I still need an imp!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    =P

Xaquin on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

I really want you to open a package and it's a bunch of random books, but underneath them are edible mushrooms.

you know ....

I really want that too

• Options
    I still need an imp!

I offered

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You have to be clearer, DMR

Emote more or something

When I look at your cratered face, all I see is the rabbit

• Options
    That picture of the imp was clearly overjoyed at the prospect of bringing holiday cheer to someone!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    @Lasbrook could you take another shot of the postcard? The post mark is making it hard to tell what is or isn't underlined.

Also I feel like Frank Abagnale.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I can but probably not until the weekend.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    @Lasbrook the n in Satan is underlined, not sure if you had that in your list

Edit: ahaha, good post card. I, too, loveit.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Shit, now I'm looking into how to grow my own mushrooms and it doesn't seem that hard!
    Also you have a shitload of mushrooms. So that's cool

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah that is actually super tempting to get for my parents who eat mushrooms a lot. Just no idea what type of mushrooms they prefer.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Looks like oyster mushrooms may be the easiest to 'farm' at your house. Button mushrooms are the most common and once you get them going you can keep harvesting one batch for like six months? But requires composted manure. Oyster mushrooms just need hay

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    If they had a Sheeps Head one my dad would lose his shit. He goes hunting every year.

• Options
    My satans first salvo is sitting in my amazon cart...I just need to wait to get paid and it will be on its way.

Then the second salvo will be sent in January, when I can afford to properly sock-it to them.

• Options
    SATAN! I think I may be getting a Wii U for christmas. If you were on the fence and looking to spend some smash bros. money, well... maybe smash bros.?
    :hydra:

• Options
    I should note, I don't normally say Sock-To To Them thats a weird thing to say. its a clue.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I should note, I don't normally say Sock-To To Them thats a weird thing to say. its a clue.

Your Satanee is Richard Nixon?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Wow, fuck this UPS driver.

• Options
    Wow, fuck this UPS driver.

Did the package never actually get delivered?

• Options
    They've left two infonotices now and they have NOT attempted a delivery. They keep fucking just pasting it on my mailbox and then leaving. No knock, no nothing.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    They do that at a bar I really like here in Austin, as well.

It's pretty cool.

Satan, you can get me vinyl.

NSFW

Abracadaniel on