Options

PAYDAY2 [CHAT] (please read OP if you play)

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I really don't get what anyone saw in those batman movies. So boring. He was a terrible batman. And there was basically only batman, no Bruce Wayne. And the camera work is awful.

Of course SKFM wants to see more of the billionaire walking around, acting like a billionaire.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the best batman is the cartoon batman

sorry spacekungfujerk

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Adam West embodies a spoofy, camp take on Batman and does it very well. But Batman is a character with many, many interpretations and many different styles. It's like picking your favourite Sherlock, James Bond or Robin Hood.

Favorite Sherlock Holmes is the character in the stories. Favorite James Bond is Sean Connery although there are a lot of great ones. Favorite Robin Hood is the one in jail because that is where thieves belong. The government redistributes, not some hippie with a bow and arrow who lives in the woods!

the government does not redistribute, no

this is wrong when talking about robin hood

that government did not redistribute

Then manipulate succession so you get a king that will. That's solving the problem within the system.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gonmun Hifive!

BTW did you get my PM earlier, RMS?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Best punch ever in film.

This is actually an interesting thought, what IS the best punch in film

I'd say the punch Marty's dad gave biff in Back to the Future is up there.

There are several metrics that must be judged.

Power - how devastating was the punch? was it a one hit KO?

Satisfaction - how much did this punch make us feel good inside because of just how deserved it was

Absurdity - did it make the man explode and/or end the Cold War like rocky did

Power - 7/10. Knocked him out, but wasn't lethal or send him flying

Satisfaction - 9/10. Biff was about to do bad things to Lorraine in a time where there would be no justice for her, so saving her was great. The greater part of the satisfaction though is George asserting himself.

Absurdity - 4/10. Obviously didn't end the cold war, but remember it wasn't the first punch George threw in the fight. Biff caught his first punch with ease, so it's slightly absurd the second one hit its target, even with the caveat of Biff's overconfidence.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Adam West embodies a spoofy, camp take on Batman and does it very well. But Batman is a character with many, many interpretations and many different styles. It's like picking your favourite Sherlock, James Bond or Robin Hood.

Favorite Sherlock Holmes is the character in the stories. Favorite James Bond is Sean Connery although there are a lot of great ones. Favorite Robin Hood is the one in jail because that is where thieves belong. The government redistributes, not some hippie with a bow and arrow who lives in the woods!

Then manipulate succession so you get a king that will. That's solving the problem within the system.

a peasant can't manipulate succession

and you won't get a king that will

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Gonmun Hifive!

BTW did you get my PM earlier, RMS?

Just acted on it!

• Options
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    monarchies are much easier to manipulate if there happens to be either a technological, religious, or cultural revolution going on

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Needlenose Ned Ryerson getting decked in a snowy street by Phil Connors.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    monarchies are much easier to manipulate if there happens to be either a technological, religious, or cultural revolution going on

A SEXY REVOLUTION

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I ain't got no type

All I do on tinder is swipe to the right

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

I just posted that. You just got The Salt in our Czars'd!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

A SEXY REVOLUTION

we've been breeding bourgeoisie hotties into the windsors for generations now

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    @desc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Hp6w7pImc

Cornelius is coming to town with salyu × salyu

should I go y/y

Cornelius

That takes me back

Yes that sounds fun

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I ain't got no type

All I do on tinder is swipe to the right

avfacing

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

The importance score takes a hit though unless it is the one day that actually sticks

I can't remember if it is

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

But when you talk about destruction, you
    can count me out.

• Options

You managed to post it and not embed it, and ain't nobody got time for clicking on a youtube link.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Good morning, my games journalists

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    I really don't get what anyone saw in those batman movies. So boring. He was a terrible batman. And there was basically only batman, no Bruce Wayne. And the camera work is awful.

Of course SKFM wants to see more of the billionaire walking around, acting like a billionaire.

It would have made the movie more relatable!

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Oh, another punch that comes to mind. Hulk punching Thor during the big battle in Avengers. I laughed so fucking hard the first time I saw that.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    It's my exes birthday, we left it on amicable terms, but I'm pretty sure id be happier never being reminded of her again in my life

Do I say happy birthday?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    aaaaaaaand Dragon age Inquisition's patch just boned my 60 hour saved game.

• Options

The importance score takes a hit though unless it is the one day that actually sticks

I can't remember if it is

No. The day that sticks he buys the biggest policy from Ned.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

Oh hey!
    I was busy being unethical.

How have you been?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

a peasant can't manipulate succession

and you won't get a king that will

Just contract a plague that kills off a quarter of your population, predominantly the lower classes, and then you can bargain for better working conditions!

Typical peasantry, all complaints and no solutions.

#OccupySherwood

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

You managed to post it and not embed it, and ain't nobody got time for clicking on a youtube link.

I understood maybe 3 words from that post. Is this better:

s7llrz1vf1kf.jpg

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Right, back to work.

Also, artichokes are delicious generally and on pizza.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGCMfprPJoA

Specifically, the "dislocate jaw entirely" punch.

Power: 5/10. It plays its part in the beatdown sequence and breaks bone, but remember that other punches had done the work for it.

Satisfaction: 6/10. Looks really cool, as does the entire sequence, but is was totally disproportionate to what the guy did to Holmes

Absurdity: 9/10. I think this speaks for itself.

• Options
    Being ethical is great. SKFM, you should give it a shot!!

• Options
    It's my exes birthday, we left it on amicable terms, but I'm pretty sure id be happier never being reminded of her again in my life

Do I say happy birthday?

That doesn't sound particularly amicable. In what context are you saying it? On fb or something? Why bother?

• Options

Yesterday was ethics day! Today is about punches. And why the new batman movies sucked. And why Robin Hood belonged in jail.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Being ethical is great. SKFM, you should give it a shot!!

• Options
    amicable does not mean the memory of what was isn't painful

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Robin Hoods only flaw was that he used a bow and arrow instead of a hammer and sickle.

• Options

Yesterday was ethics day! Today is about punches. And why the new batman movies sucked. And why Robin Hood belonged in jail.

oh and that's not how jails worked then

he'd be hanged

well before he started robbing, mind. Poaching.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

it's actually about violence against women

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.