Options

PAYDAY2 [CHAT] (please read OP if you play)

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Adam West, best.

No actor embodied the character better, and no one will ever again.

You're so old

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I was really bored by batman begins. Dark knight was very good. The bane one was..ok

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Batman Begins is up there with 300 for most boring movie I have ever seen.

I still maintain that 300 could have been fantastic if it had the guts to drop all the talking scenes with Gorgo and that whole plot

killing killing killing killing, laconic wit about killing, more killing

it was kinda hypnotic. But that they felt like oh no we gotta put some plot into it pulled me out of it. Cowards!

It only could have been a good movie if the replaced the entire thing with a good movie.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I loved Batman Begins, but I think that's because I fucking loved Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Batman & Robin is entertainingly bad, so it gets a lot of "good-bad" points.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I was really bored by batman begins. Dark knight was very good. The bane one was..ok

The Dark Knight had very good moments. Basically all the moments that did not involve batman. Except for when the wheels of the tumbler became a motorcycle. That was cool.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    scarecrow was kinda fun to watch in batman begins

other than that yeah movies was boring.

the joker was fun to watch but otherwise uh, that one wasn't very good

similarily bits of the last one was kinda fun, but like the main bit, nah

the problem with all of them is that they seem to expect me to be able to take batman seriously

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Adam West embodies a spoofy, camp take on Batman and does it very well. But Batman is a character with many, many interpretations and many different styles. It's like picking your favourite Sherlock, James Bond or Robin Hood.

• Options
    I made a tweet about the protest and a really popular Irish blogger RT'd it and now my phone is going crazy because it's gotten like 10 RT/favs in like 5 mins

yay validation

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I loved Batman Begins, but I think that's because I fucking loved Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow.

I thought on a whole it was a good intro to the series. TDK was far and away the best for me, not just from Ledger's Joker but on the whole it felt like that was a very grounded, realistic take on Batman for me. He was dedicated to being Batman. It was kind of disappointing how they went with things in TDKR after such a strong take on it in TDK.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Adam West, best.

No actor embodied the character better, and no one will ever again.

You're so old

Adam West's batman is by far the most believable rendition of the character. He is just rich and kinda pudgy and really smart and he dances a lot.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I can never watch the Matrix again. The first one was so very fun to watch, but just knowing that next two exist just kill any drive I have to see the first one.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I can never watch the Matrix again. The first one was so very fun to watch, but just knowing that next two exist just kill any drive I have to see the first one.

don't be silly and just sit down and watch it it's a good movie

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

What next two?

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    ButtMan

• Options

just watch it and the Animatrix and be happy they exist

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

but then neo finds out he has super powers out of the matrix and trinity turns into a stupid plot device and then agent smith turns into a stupid and then there's those stupid twins that show up and then there's...

tyrannus on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    When my kidneys went bad, my mom went through a phase where she kept pressuring me to try various "alternative" medical solutions.

She stopped after I explained to her that if any of that shit worked, nobody would be on dialysis.

I can totally see why she would do that. Fear and desperation makes you want to try anything, do anything, even if there is literally nothing you can do.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Adam West embodies a spoofy, camp take on Batman and does it very well. But Batman is a character with many, many interpretations and many different styles. It's like picking your favourite Sherlock, James Bond or Robin Hood.

Favorite Sherlock Holmes is the character in the stories. Favorite James Bond is Sean Connery although there are a lot of great ones. Favorite Robin Hood is the one in jail because that is where thieves belong. The government redistributes, not some hippie with a bow and arrow who lives in the woods!

• Options
    Best Batman movie is Mask of the Phantasm

• Options

Favorite Sherlock Holmes is the character in the stories. Favorite James Bond is Sean Connery although there are a lot of great ones. Favorite Robin Hood is the one in jail because that is where thieves belong. The government redistributes, not some hippie with a bow and arrow who lives in the woods!

This post

So SKFM

• Options

No. Just watch the Matrix and then skip every single action movie made between them and the Borne Identity.

• Options

but then neo finds out he has super powers out of the matrix and trinity turns into a stupid plot device and then agent smith turns into a stupid and then there's those stupid twins that show up and then there's...

hey now

was nothing wrong with agent smith

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Die fledermaus

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    .....mann

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I liked the scene where everyone was agent smith. And that last punch. Best punch ever in film.

• Options

the government does not redistribute, no

this is wrong when talking about robin hood

that government did not redistribute

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Best punch ever in film.

This is actually an interesting thought, what IS the best punch in film

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    it's been a long time but now I'm recalling how enjoyable it was whenever Agent Smith talked about anything.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Loved Batman Begins. It definitively was much better than Dark Knight Rises IMHO. Nothing can top the Dark Knight tough, that movie was just absolutely fantastic.

DK > BB >>>> DKR

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Best punch ever in film.

I'd say the punch Marty's dad gave Biff in Back to the Future is up there.

Gonmun on
  • Options
    Speaking of Robin Hood I think it's interesting how European history seems to be like, well, this literary figure might have existed. Maybe. I dunno. Possibly?

For every single one. Someone take goddamn notes in 1300 AD come on

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Best punch ever in film.

Probably not number one, but George McFly punching out Biff Tannen was pretty rad.

• Options
    @Gonmun Hifive!

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Roger Moore is the best of Bonds. Debonair is the best power.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Best punch ever in film.

I'd say the punch Marty's dad gave biff in Back to the Future is up there.

There are several metrics that must be judged.

Power - how devastating was the punch? was it a one hit KO?

Satisfaction - how much did this punch make us feel good inside because of just how deserved it was

Absurdity - did it make the man explode and/or end the Cold War like rocky did

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Best punch ever in film.

Rocky 4

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »
    there's a large protest about water charges happening today

irish twitter sites are running a "meet the protestors" sort of thing to show how exasperated people are

"I have nine children! I can't afford to pay"

maybe you should stop breeding, just a suggestion

The proper response would be, "Drink your children."

• Options
    I really don't get what anyone saw in those batman movies. So boring. He was a terrible batman. And there was basically only batman, no Bruce Wayne. And the camera work is awful.

This discussion has been closed.