Options

PAYDAY2 [CHAT] (please read OP if you play)

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    damnit now i want to play a gay vampire but i've already committed myself to playing a NWOBHM vampire

nwobhm lesbian vampire waifu

DILEMMA SOLVED

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Being ethical is great. SKFM, you should give it a shot!!

did they teach you about ethics at accountant school?

I imagine they are whispered about in the young accountant boarding school dormitories. "I heard Philpot got caught by the Ethical Investigator" and all the other kids shiver and cross themselves. Confused pictures of what the students think an 'Ethic' is, the consensus being a cross between the Child Catcher and Sauron.
    They make us take ethics exams and continuing ethics classes

Unlike frog rammers who get their ethics lessons from Ron Paul and a talking dog

dat zither music

the third man is such a great movie. i'm kind of surprised it doesn't get referenced more - it seems like it's kind of slid into relative obscurity

i have heard it mentioned a lot by various filmbros

i mean, barely anybody actually refers to anything in citizen kane when you think about it

they just say "oh its the citizen kane of x"

whereas i frequently hear references to the switzerland speech or the zither music

i guess to be fair the only filmbros i know anymore are on this board. also i hang out with @Robos A Go Go‌ irl but his tastes tend to run a little broader and more genre-focused and probably a little more modern i think.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    damnit now i want to play a gay vampire but i've already committed myself to playing a NWOBHM vampire

nwobhm lesbian vampire waifu

DILEMMA SOLVED

but how?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    When you have to poop so bad you don't care that the toilet is still warm from the guy who just left the stall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    this song has been stuck in my head for 25 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zKcddU8HKk

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Meanwhile in Kaiserreich, the European Internationale has fallen. France to Germany, Britain to the Vatican-lead Medeterranian Coalition.

But a new Internationale has risen, centered around Calcutta, and it has succeeded in recruiting the Workers Republic lead in Chicago to their side, and has dealt with Imperial Canada.

Soon
    RaccoonWithABigGun.jpg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    If the seat is warm that is conducive to unpleasant thoughts. If the atmosphere emanating from below is warm that is borderline unbearable.

Bogart on
  • Options

what is nwobhm?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014

what is nwobhm?

New world order blood-hungry magician

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I played Herod in JC.

I was bedecked in a crown and Hawaiian tourist getup and camped it up in the vein of Rik Mayall's performance.

My favourite song is Gethsemane, even though I could never sing it because of my bass voice.

the whole jesus people movement sure was a thing

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    if you write a text editor for windows use and you don't implement ctrl-c/p copy/paste or any goddamn copy shortcuts at all you can get dunked

looking at you outlook

• Options

what is nwobhm?

are they not allowed to be gay?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    If the seat is warm that is conducive to unpleasant thoughts. If the atmosphere emanating from below is warm that is borderline unbearable.

I had business that could not have been done in my chair or the urinal.

Made a decision. I do not regret my minor discomfort.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

what is nwobhm?

are they not allowed to be gay?

All of those words were lies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

what is nwobhm?

nwobhm

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    if you write a text editor for windows use and you don't implement ctrl-c/p copy/paste or any goddamn copy shortcuts at all you can get dunked

looking at you outlook

Uhhh, ctrl c/v works fine in outlook?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    gross poops are the absolute worst

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2014

I imagine they are whispered about in the young accountant boarding school dormitories. "I heard Philpot got caught by the Ethical Investigator" and all the other kids shiver and cross themselves. Confused pictures of what the students think an 'Ethic' is, the consensus being a cross between the Child Catcher and Sauron.

Unlike frog rammers who get their ethics lessons from Ron Paul and a talking dog

dat zither music

the third man is such a great movie. i'm kind of surprised it doesn't get referenced more - it seems like it's kind of slid into relative obscurity

i mean, barely anybody actually refers to anything in citizen kane when you think about it

whereas i frequently hear references to the switzerland speech or the zither music

The Third Man is more fun than Citizen Kane

like, I sometimes see people (who have generally not actually watched the movie) suggest that Kane's only virtue lay in its technical accomplishments so now it isn't worth watching

they say this generally to console themselves for not having seen it, but the fact is that not many people are ever actually that up to watch an emotionally chilly movie about a man slowly driving away everyone who cares about him over the course of decades until he dies alone

that is not crowd-pleaser material in any era. I love There Will Be Blood but lots and lots and lots of people are never going to be game to just pop that on the Netflix randomly on a Saturday night and that is the hip modern accessible version of the same kind of story

The Third Man, by contrast, is a stylish, atmospheric mystery in an exotic locale with supremely quotable dialogue so I think if you can actually sit people down to watch it they will probably find it much much easier to get into

and then the zither takes hold

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

I had business that could not have been done in my chair or the urinal.
    Sounds like a challenge :rotate:

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'd never heard that term before. And I love me some Iron Maiden.

Learn something new on some days sometimes.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    My Godson is nine years old.

Old enough to show him Die Hard?

yes. god yes.

• Options

what is nwobhm?

nwobhm

rob halford was gay

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The Name of the Rose is a good movie.

I haven't seen it in many years though.

ive never seen it. Ive seen the trailer a bunch of times though as it was on the VHS for Labrynth

• Options

what is nwobhm?

nwobhm

rob halford was gay

pretty sure he still is gay

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    aaaaaaaand Dragon age Inquisition's patch just boned my 60 hour saved game.

what

'splain

In response to complaints that there weren't enough romance options, the new patch adds your saved game as a new romance.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I unabashedly love Judas Priest

• Options
    but no the character I have in mind is modeled on Lemmy Kilmister who is not gay

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    kaleedity wrote: »

looking at you outlook

Uhhh, ctrl c/v works fine in outlook?

looks like it works when editing messages, but not when reading them. you can copy but you gotta mouse it

this is outlook 2007

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When I was a weaboo. I watched Ikiru.

God damn did that movie hurt. I can't even imagine what it would be like to watch Now that I've experienced how terrible life can be.

re: citizen Kane not being fun

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

dat zither music

The Third Man is more fun than Citizen Kane

like, I sometimes see people (who have generally not actually watched the movie) suggest that Kane's only virtue lay in its technical accomplishments so now it isn't worth watching

they say this generally to console themselves for not having seen it, but the fact is that not many people are ever actually that up to watch an emotionally chilly movie about a man slowly driving away everyone who cares about him over the course of decades until he dies alone

that is not crowd-pleaser material in any era. I love There Will Be Blood but lots and lots and lots of people are never going to be game to just pop that on the Netflix randomly on a Saturday night and that is the hip modern accessible version of the same kind of story

The Third Man, by contrast, is a stylish, atmospheric mystery in an exotic locale with supremely quotable dialogue so I think if you can actually sit people down to watch it they will probably find it much much easier to get into

and then the zither takes hold

Citizen Kane is a great movie, but it is certainly not a fun movie. I watched it solely as a movie, not as an education of film technique. Highly recommended to watch it as a movie.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    There_Will_Be_Blood_103.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    A Boy and his Dog is hard to watch, but well worth it.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I really really like There Will Be Blood

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    but no the character I have in mind is modeled on Lemmy Kilmister who is not gay

I have it on good authority that his autobiography is amazing

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Abd - that image is bigger than the country you live in!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    If you go near the food dishes Wriggly likes to flop and roll around and cry pitifully

he will occasionally glance over to make sure you're paying attention before rolling on his back and wailing for wet food

wriggly you big idiot!

• Options

this is a good point that i have a hard time internalizing because my tastes run the other direction. like, i love these kinds of downtempo stylish tragic character studies, but they make frankie want to rip her eyes out from frustration and boredom and pathos.

she absolutely couldn't take there will be blood (fell asleep), no country for old men (left halfway through), inside llewyn davis (left literally with 15 minutes to go) or the master (sat through because we saw it in the cinema with a crew but continues to gripe about it to this day)

anyways i thought citizen kane was tits. harry lime was another cool character but the third man had a lot of elements that weren't solely watching harry lime unravel (though it totally had that too)

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    @Jacobkosh‌ be my origin friend so we can dai multi!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

what is nwobhm?

nwobhm

rob halford was gay

pretty sure he still is gay

huh for some reason i thought he was dead

anyways wasn't the rock star vampire already done by anne rice? he was probably more of a marc bolan glam sort of dude i guess.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I think Citizen Kane is victim to later films taking what it accomplished and building on it, making it look lesser by comparison.

This discussion has been closed.