Options

Ninja Gaiden [chat]

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    is it a goat ranger or a GOAT ranger

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i'd like to feel like one day i'll be able to work my way up to despair wizard

• Options
    can robots even be wizards though

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

Yeah. I'll be disappointed if it's a ranger with a goat pet and not a goat with a jaunty green hat and bow.

• Options
    the greatest ranger of all time

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    It's official. The boss (the wife) gave me the green light.

I'm going back to a desktop computer. I'm actually kind of excited.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I love Coipel's artwork. Took me a while, but here I am.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    can robots even be wizards though

If the robot is 40% unobtainium.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So I'm back at university as of tomorrow! I got an assignment today, it is due in next Friday. Also I go on placement next Monday, gotta be waking up at 5am again. And next Tuesday I gotta go get a second assignment. Probably also due in next Friday.

(curls into a ball and dies)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    It's official. The boss (the wife) gave me the green light.

I'm going back to a desktop computer. I'm actually kind of excited.

you're leaving your wife for a computer?

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    Lud is in full on dickface mode right now and i hate his stupid face and stupid mornings.

F the world. Wheres my nuke it from orbit button dammit?
    515.gif

Oh yeah thats where it is! Welp, so long folks!

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I tried logging into GW2 this weekend to see if I could get hype for the expansion. I'd forgotten how cool the characters look in that game. But I couldn't get into it though. I think I just overplayed it.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @wash

Scroll up.

Thank you, you have no idea how badly I wanted this found, I dunno why I didn't ask you earlier.

Could you tell me what it's from?

I watched this interview like 6 months ago, it was with William Goldman, and he talked about how he loved what he referred to as Dumb Courage. The bravery to do something despite the fact that death was all but certain. He seemed like a hard man, but that kind of sacrifice seemed to be something that really hit him deep.

Anyway, I really love dumb courage.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    maybe I should go to bed, I am beginning to meander

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Doop in Wolverine and the X-Men is the best.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I really don't know anything about Doop other than that he seems to be one of those joke characters that somehow got the greenlight to be made awesome. Like Squirrel Girl.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    @wash

Scroll up.

Thank you, you have no idea how badly I wanted this found, I dunno why I didn't ask you earlier.

Could you tell me what it's from?

I watched this interview like 6 months ago, it was with William Goldman, and he talked about how he loved what he referred to as Dumb Courage. The bravery to do something despite the fact that death was all but certain. He seemed like a hard man, but that kind of sacrifice seemed to be something that really hit him deep.

Anyway, I really love dumb courage.

That might take me a little longer. It's from a random Avenger's issue that is frankly pretty terrible except for that one moment. The lead up to it is okay, that moment is great and then the flub the part with the Avengers telling her kids that she's dead.

I'm not sure I'd use the term Dumb Courage. I know what he means by it but I suspect it's something a lot of people will take offense to. Here is an example.
    71oHvDA.jpg

There are 24 12" G.I. Joe action figures based on real people. Of those 24, 2 are black. Colin Powell is one of them. The other is the much more deserving Lt. John R. Fox. Lt. Fox was assigned to the 366th Infantry Regiment during WWII. The 366th was part of the 92nd Infantry Division which was deployed during the Italian campaign. On the 26th of December 1944, the day after Christmas, Lt. Fox found himself in the Italian village of Sommocolonia along with two platoons from the 366th. That day the Germans launched an offensive to push the Allied forces off the Gothic line and capture a near by port. They hoped to cut off the Allied forces from resupply. The elite Austrian Fourth Mountain Battalion was sent to push the 366th out of the way. It was assumed by German planners that routing the 92nd Infantry Division would be trivial.

They were in error. Despite being outnumbered five to one, the two platoons from the 366th and 28 Italian partisans fought ferociously. They were ordered to retreat. Lieutenant Graham Jenkins, the other officer present simply demanded more ammunition. Eventually the position was simply unable to be held. Of the 98 American soldiers and Italian Partisans, 18 made it out of there. Lt Fox stayed behind. The citation for his Medal of Honor covers some of the events.
    For extraordinary heroism against an armed enemy in the vicinity of Sommocolonia, Italy on 26 December 1944, while serving as a member of Cannon Company, 366th Infantry Regiment, 92d Infantry Division. During the preceding few weeks, Lieutenant Fox served with the 598th Field Artillery Battalion as a forward observer. On Christmas night, enemy soldiers gradually infiltrated the town of Sommocolonia in civilian clothes, and by early morning the town was largely in hostile hands. Commencing with a heavy barrage of enemy artillery at 0400 hours on 26 December 1944, an organized attack by uniformed German units began. Being greatly outnumbered, most of the United States Infantry forces were forced to withdraw from the town, but Lieutenant Fox and some other members of his observer party voluntarily remained on the second floor of a house to direct defensive artillery fire. At 0800 hours, Lieutenant Fox reported that the Germans were in the streets and attacking in strength. He then called for defensive artillery fire to slow the enemy advance. As the Germans continued to press the attack towards the area that Lieutenant Fox occupied, he adjusted the artillery fire closer to his position. Finally he was warned that the next adjustment would bring the deadly artillery right on top of his position. After acknowledging the danger, Lieutenant Fox insisted that the last adjustment be fired as this was the only way to defeat the attacking soldiers. Later, when a counterattack retook the position from the Germans, Lieutenant Fox's body was found with the bodies of approximately 100 German soldiers. Lieutenant Fox's gallant and courageous actions, at the supreme sacrifice of his own life, contributed greatly to delaying the enemy advance until other infantry and artillery units could reorganize to repel the attack. His extraordinary valorous actions were in keeping with the most cherished traditions of military service, and reflect the utmost credit on him, his unit, and the United States

The citation, like all such citations leaves some things out. The man who received that final call for fire was Lt. Otis Zachary. He was John Fox's best friend. At first he refused the request until he was ordered to by a superior officer. He recalls "When something like that happens, you go half nuts, A lot of things still come back to me at night, so that I can't sleep for thinking about them..." but the fire mission happened. It slowed down the assault. A counterattack was able to be put in place. Enough time had been gained to keep the flank from rolling up.

But this is a small battle in a very large war. And in WWII, Black Soldiers didn't get medals for their actions. Despite his bravery, the US Army took no formal notice of his actions. To do so would have had to fly in the face of conventional wisdom that Black Soldiers simply melted away from the front lines. In 1952, the Army closed the book in the matter. The period of eligibility for the Medal of Honor had expired.

But in the 90's a great deal of pressure was put on the Army to review if the lack of Black Medal of Honor winners was due to racism. The Army studied the matter for a few years and much to the shock of absolutely no one, found that that was exactly the reason. Congress passed a bill reopening the eligibility of WWII veterans for the Medal of Honor. Ten names were submitted, seven received the highest award for valor that a member of the US Armed Forces can receive. The people of Sommocolonia had not forgotten. The remains of the observation post Lt. Fox called for fire from remains with a plaque.
    s3Pvu8F.jpg

And his grave.
    HQxD9e5.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2015
    During the Doop recruitment.

t5FTb6vl.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Good morning chat! I've been away too long. I missed your musk.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    What an odd retro artstyle. Again, just like with She Hulk. I don't care for it. But it does seem to be all the rage.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    It's just normal courage

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    What an odd retro artstyle. Again, just like with She Hulk. I don't care for it. But it does seem to be all the rage.

like a cross between the funny pages and saturday morning cartoons from the 90s

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    The graphics in Wind Waker are really breathtaking and probably one of the few earlier 3D games that will hold up indefinitely.

The animation on the enemies in that game still makes my jaw drop. They hand tweaked every vertex of the 3D models for each frame of animation and polished a handful of enemies for 4+ years. The game looks like a living cartoon in a way that no one really bested until Guilty Gear XRD came out this past year.

I started playing WW again last month (not Wii U). It's still amazing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    You have been assigned the class of:

Goat Ranger

The three sections of your skill tree are:

Square-eye Shooting
    Cloven Companions
    Hoofprint Knowledge

Enjoy your new life of BLEATING WILDLY TO DRAW OUT YOUR PREY

So... could be either... i'm not sure yet which it will be.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    The graphics in Wind Waker are really breathtaking and probably one of the few earlier 3D games that will hold up indefinitely.

The animation on the enemies in that game still makes my jaw drop. They hand tweaked every vertex of the 3D models for each frame of animation and polished a handful of enemies for 4+ years. The game looks like a living cartoon in a way that no one really bested until Guilty Gear XRD came out this past year.

I started playing WW again last month (not Wii U). It's still amazing.

The HD version on Wii U is worth it if you have a Wii U.

• Options

It's that one Doop focused issue and it's fitting for him. If you haven't read Wolverine and the X-men, it's worth starting from the beginning.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I believe that is Mike Alldred. He is a genius.

The Doop issue of Wolverine and the X-Men was my favourite comic of that entire year.

• Options

It's that one Doop focused issue and it's fitting for him. If you haven't read Wolverine and the X-men, it's worth starting from the beginning.

I should. I like the idea of it much more than Cyclop's X-Men and it's where Rogue and Rachel are. Maybe when they have another Marvel Unlimited special sale.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Wow, this Doop character sounds...

Like the opposite of my cup of tea.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I really like Wolverine and the X-Men but I am like a year behind or something now. I should re-up my marvel unlimited and at least read a few months closer. I think the last I read was April last year?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Weadon's x-men run made me like Cyclops. I'm still not sure how that happened.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I really like Wolverine and the X-Men but I am like a year behind or something now. I should re-up my marvel unlimited and at least read a few months closer. I think the last I read was April last year?

Aaron jumped off the book and it relaunched and was terrible, so don't bother reading past his issues.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So what you're telling me is someone with executive authority at Marvel really loved Ghostbusters.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

I should. I like the idea of it much more than Cyclop's X-Men and it's where Rogue and Rachel are. Maybe when they have another Marvel Unlimited special sale.

Yeah, it really was a very different X-comic then the rest of the various X-comics out there. It actually has a sense of fun.

• Options
    It's kinda strange how much the script for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is inspired by Gunga Din.

Funny where people pick things up.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    At one point, Doop secretly videotapes the rookie X-Statix member El Guapo succumbing to the temptations of fame and having a threesome. The released video destroys El Guapo's relationship with his original girlfriend.

Marvel pls

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Wolverine and Gambit were always my bros growing up.
    Rogue, Storm, and Jubilee mah sistas

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I believe that is Mike Alldred. He is a genius.

The Doop issue of Wolverine and the X-Men was my favourite comic of that entire year.

The bit with him and Howard the Duck taking on an army of robots pleased me greatly.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    "El Guapo"

Marvel pls

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.