As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NINTENDO 3DS: THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Stupid question that might have been answered in the previous thread, and I didn't see it, but I was wondering if I got a new 3DS, when I did the system transfer would the streetpass puzzle pieces get transferred also? Just curious.

Yes, everything should get transferred if done correctly.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Okay, new to the Nintendo shop thingum. What can I expect in terms of sales? I remember someone saying Atlus games go on sale often, would that include SMT4? Do things like Zelda Between Worlds ever go on sale? I see some stuff currently on sale, and none of it looks mainstream or quality (sorry if there's someone's hidden gem in there, no insult intended). Coming from Steam, where you're doing it wrong if you don't wait for a sale, and a PS Vita, where there's a set of games on sale every week, and the occasional weekend flash sale. Also trying to decide between physical and digital. Picked up Ocarina of Time digitally, because that seems to be the only reasonable way to obtain it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    SMT4 was on sale for $15 just a couple weeks ago.

The actual Nintendo published title sales are not very regular, sadly.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    So this is a dumb question since my internet connection skipped out when I was trying to download the background for getting MH4 the machine knows I will get it or?

@Brainleech If the code went through, you should be able to redownload it from the Theme Shop. If not, you should be able to reenter the code.

And if you missed the code entirely, it's on the receipt for the game.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    @vagrant_winds - I have to give you props again for suggestion Etrian Odyssey Untold. It is rapidly becoming my favorite 3ds game of all time. Possibly my favorite first person dungeon crawler.

More of a fan of the normal games like IV and III personally because I dislike cookie-cutter parties in dungeon crawlers and that's what story mode in the Untold games gives you. Though you can still play them in Classic... you have to beat Story mode to unlock bonuses for Classic. :(

I have this complete aversion to dedicated 'this is the tank' and 'this is the healbot' characters in these types of games and like to create insane parties based upon synergy, active effects, and options.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I think I was the one trying to sell vamen on the game . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I hate that the max streetpass queue is 10.

yes, but at an event like PAX, as soon as you go to the plaza gate and get 10 Mii's in it you'll pretty much immedately get 10 more waiting in streetpass. It Doesn't end, even in the hotels.

Yeah, but with 6 games it sometimes takes me upwards of 45 minutes to fully utilize all 10 Miis in my queue.

Last thing I want to do at a convention, or even in the hotel later, or really anywhere at any time is sit there clearing out my Mii queue.

If you're only focusing on one game or have one objective, like collecting puzzle pieces, then it's fine. But when you're busting through all six it gets rather time consuming even clearing 10 a day (which sometimes happens as I travel through NYC pretty often).

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    That IRONFALL Invasion game isn't too shabby.

Sure, the voice acting is flat as Kansas, but it might be able to circle around to endearing.

The controls have a slight learning curve, but I was able to catch on by the end of the demo, then go onto win a round of multi.

The game itself took a little time to get a handle on and by the end of the demo, I was still wanting to play more.

I might have to give this a chance, especially since there's nothing like it on the 3Ds.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Okay, new to the Nintendo shop thingum. What can I expect in terms of sales? I remember someone saying Atlus games go on sale often, would that include SMT4? Do things like Zelda Between Worlds ever go on sale? I see some stuff currently on sale, and none of it looks mainstream or quality (sorry if there's someone's hidden gem in there, no insult intended). Coming from Steam, where you're doing it wrong if you don't wait for a sale, and a PS Vita, where there's a set of games on sale every week, and the occasional weekend flash sale. Also trying to decide between physical and digital. Picked up Ocarina of Time digitally, because that seems to be the only reasonable way to obtain it.

Any interesting digital Nintendo sales are usually on this page. What's that, you say? Those are terrible sales? Why yes. Yes they are. A 25% discount is about as low as most non-VC Nintendo games tend to go on the eShop, if you're lucky.

I've had much better luck hunting deals for physical cartridges. Many less well known DS games can be found used for less than Nintendo charges for a gameboy game. Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer, Elite Beat Agents, Geometry Wars Galaxies, and Space Invaders Extreme can each be found for like $2 at GameStop. The fools! Don't they know what they have? ...More popular DS games still go for like $20, easily. If not more.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Is there a way to delete the Streetpass games I bought?

They're all pretty garbage, and I don't want them on my system anymore, mainly because now every time someone new shows up, it gives me the warning mention about how I haven't played all my games with all my visitors

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

They're all pretty garbage, and I don't want them on my system anymore, mainly because now every time someone new shows up, it gives me the warning mention about how I haven't played all my games with all my visitors

You can disable StreetPass for the Mii Plaza, but that would mean losing potential puzzle pieces. If you don't care about that sort of thing, go for it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Go into Settings > Other and then you can delete the games as well as their progress.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Go into Settings > Other and then you can delete the games as well as their progress.

Thanks!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @wunderbar Hey did you ever figure out how to use ZL and ZR for rudder control in Legacy+? You didn't respond in the last thread so I was curious about it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I like the new silly street pass games, personally.

Now I just have to, you know, actually get some dang street passes.

I miss living in Japan. :(

• Options

No. You are legally required to utilize ALL VISITORS to MAXIMUM EFFECT every time. StreetPass is literally civilization.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    It took me a couple of years to beat Find Mii even with using tokens because of that dastardly dark room. But Street Pass is like this extra incentive to bring my 3DS along on various trips (errands, grocery shopping etc) for the thrill of maybe getting a pass.

Dark rooms are a bitch, but there's a relatively easy way to get past them, and the only time I ever use play coins in Find Mii. You can use play coins to hire old heroes (i.e. people you've streetpassed with in the past). Hire two that have white shirts, even if they're level 1 two together will get rid of the darkness and let you continue. I think this is only the case with Find Mii 2 though. With the first Find Mii game I don't think you can so you'll just have to hire wandering heroes and pray you get two white shirts in a row.

Some incorrect info in here. Clearing a darkness room requires one white shirt Mii. This is because dark rooms are present in Find Mii and you can't do team ups in Find Mii (1). Once teamups are introduced in Find Mii II, they introduce room blocks that require two of the 'right' color.

So to sum up:

-Dark room clear with one White
    -Blinding light room clear with one Black
    -Fire room clear with two Blue (not light blue)
    -Ice room clear with two Red
    -Poison room clear with two yellow (I hate this one a lot)

Also worth noting, any magicians used to clear the condition will then immediately leave and be no help with the enemies in the room. Because Nintendo is hateful, you can't swap the correct magicians to the front, so if you hire the correct people to clear on the back of a picked-up Streetpass, the pick-up will be stupidly wasted (for this reason, it is recommended to hire the correct people as soon as you enter the blocked room). One nice thing is that when the right color cycles up, it will auto team them with the necessary buddy (assuming they're in the group) without wasting anyone in the middle. Finally, you CAN hire old allies to help in Find Mii, but not until trip... 3 I think. You can never team up in Find Mii (1).

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    So I tried setting up Homepass via directions provided on GlacierGaming's site.

nzone.exe:

- Crashed my computer
    - Pushed it into an infinite BSOD loop
    - Forced me to do a system restore which was thankfully for that morning

So I will not be attempting Homepassing anymore.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    do you have a spare router around?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    So I tried setting up Homepass via directions provided on GlacierGaming's site.

nzone.exe:

- Crashed my computer
    - Pushed it into an infinite BSOD loop
    - Forced me to do a system restore which was thankfully for that morning

So I will not be attempting Homepassing anymore.

If you have a router that supports DD-WRT you don't need to fool around with that nzone.exe nonsense. That was the reason I went with the Sanoxy router, it's cheap and it supports what you need right out of the box other than some minor setting up. And the setup instructions are by far the simplest I found, setting up the batch command took a little finagling but if you just want a single address that refreshes every 8 hours it could not be any simpler.

This is the google doc for the sanoxy instructions but they should apply easily to pretty much any DD-WRT setup:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-D-DGifGaRp1W4Xg1EBszN3N5OLFgm_8rg2bJ8aZUg/edit

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Are the other street pass games worth grabbing?

Depends how much you activiely get streetpasses and like the games. I bought them all but I only do warrior's way on a regular basis, but I'm sure
    @wunderbar Hey did you ever figure out how to use ZL and ZR for rudder control in Legacy+? You didn't respond in the last thread so I was curious about it.

I did figure it out. I wasn't in classic controls. You need to have it in classic mode for ZL and ZR to work for rudder.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I when the spillpass route and got a rasberry pi. It works very well. I have so many streetpasses now. It is still going to take forever to get all the puzzle pieces.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

Depends how much you activiely get streetpasses and like the games. I bought them all but I only do warrior's way on a regular basis, but I'm sure

I did figure it out. I wasn't in classic controls. You need to have it in classic mode for ZL and ZR to work for rudder.
    Awesome, glad you got it working like you wanted. The game is much better this way IMO.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

Awesome, glad you got it working like you wanted. The game is much better this way IMO.

I actually go back and forth between what I call "easy" and "classic" control modes. Some missions are way easier with rudder control, some are better when I can just mash the stick left to turn. Love the game though.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

I actually go back and forth between what I call "easy" and "classic" control modes. Some missions are way easier with rudder control, some are better when I can just mash the stick left to turn. Love the game though.

Yep, I switched to Novice controls to get past the Ravine mission and haven't looked back since, but getting Legacy+ and a CCP might change that.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ianator wrote: »

Yep, I switched to Novice controls to get past the Ravine mission and haven't looked back since, but getting Legacy+ and a CCP might change that.

I find myself doing something similiar with the action manuevers. They are useful but you have to be careful and deploy them sparingly. Otherwise the game degenerates into "push this button to win" mode.

Edit: Also, the ravine mission was impossible for me until I discovered ZL and ZR's functions, at which point it became a cakewalk.

When you have the rudder controls assigned to the dpad it becomes so obstructive to use them that you give up on the rudder all-together.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I when the spillpass route and got a rasberry pi. It works very well. I have so many streetpasses now. It is still going to take forever to get all the puzzle pieces.

I remember when people were complaining that they'd completed all the puzzles, so Nintendo went, "OK, you want PUZZLES? We'll give you PUZZLES."

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Streetpass Games: I love 'em all except for Mii Force. Mii Force is still a fun game, but 100%ing it is bullshit. Like most shooters, all it takes it one stray bullet to ruin a perfect score...and even after a dozen playthroughs I have difficulty finding some of the hidden treasures.

Flower Town is my second-least favorite. It too is a fun little game, but it's a bit too complicated for its own good sometimes.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I must admit that I have become a bit spoiled by games on my iPhone. Not because of the way the play, certain titles are great for touch while others are not, but rather by how fast things move. Like, you open a game and you're good to go. Close it and zip to something else. Open it back up and you're ready again.

I'm really hoping Nintendo's next handheld has a faster processor to make this sort of speed possible. I get that all iOS stuff is downloaded which speeds things up, but there's no reason why Nintendo can't go that route down the line. Probably not, but a man can dream can't he?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I must admit that I have become a bit spoiled by games on my iPhone. Not because of the way the play, certain titles are great for touch while others are not, but rather by how fast things move. Like, you open a game and you're good to go. Close it and zip to something else. Open it back up and you're ready again.

I'm really hoping Nintendo's next handheld has a faster processor to make this sort of speed possible. I get that all iOS stuff is downloaded which speeds things up, but there's no reason why Nintendo can't go that route down the line. Probably not, but a man can dream can't he?

Isn't the speed of the N3DS supposed to alleviate the slow OS woes?

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was just about to say, the New 3DS is plenty fast in that regard,

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Flower Town is actually my favorite of the bunch. It feels like a pretty good mix of complexity and simplicity, and it's easy to constantly make progress.

I'm curious, though, do people you Streetpass with see exactly the pot that you've set? The easiest playflow for me involves immediately selling and replanting after a harvest, and I'm wondering if that means that I'm waving a bunch of dirt at everyone else.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Flower Town is actually my favorite of the bunch. It feels like a pretty good mix of complexity and simplicity, and it's easy to constantly make progress.

I'm curious, though, do people you Streetpass with see exactly the pot that you've set? The easiest playflow for me involves immediately selling and replanting after a harvest, and I'm wondering if that means that I'm waving a bunch of dirt at everyone else.
    If your plant hasn't bloomed then people you streetpass with will see what it looks like at first bloom for the breeding sequence. Potted seeds in your favorite garden still show up as potted seeds though.

• Options
    daveyddaveyd Registered User new member
    I kinda want one, but I haven't really been playing my 3DS enough to justify the purchase, anyway.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    New update. Stability stuff and a patch for the browser. No word on if fingers are removed or still inside customers.

Check your anuses! (also your 3DS's)

Edit: There have been reports that the browser patch blocks the regionthree exploit. Just fyi.

Source:http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/667/p/430

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I can neither confirm nor deny that there are currently fingers inside me.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I would not be able to count the number of times I have thought to myself, "I would have time to play a round of Smash right now if it didn't take so long to boot the game up", which is a big issue with portable systems. Perhaps the n3DS alleviates it, which usually means that its on Nintendo's radar for developing new systems, but its still an issue worth pointing out, because the n3DS isn't the standard model.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    New update. Stability stuff and a patch for the browser. No word on if fingers are removed or still inside customers.

Check your anuses! (also your 3DS's)

Edit: There have been reports that the browser patch blocks the regionthree exploit. Just fyi.

Source:http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/667/p/430

Nintendo is still pretty deep inside me.

• Options
    In my heart I mean.