As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NINTENDO 3DS: THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I'm using my ds lite more than my 3ds right now because FFTA and knights of lodis are really good games

I want FFTA3.

Keep all the races, give the races with poor job selection some more... or just make half the jobs race independent (so hunter=sniper and shit).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Everybody except nintendo wants GBA games on 3DS's

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Really? I'd have never known! :P

Just thought I'd keep you guys and/or gals up to date, y'know.

You and that guy who always posts about how GBA games should be on the 3DS should have a team up.

To fight crime?

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Everybody except nintendo wants GBA games on 3DS's

Actually I'm rather indifferent on the matter. :P
    Seriously though, I hope Nintendo gets it fixed for those who really want it.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I finally bought a DS game that I've been wanting for a while, Radiant Historia! I should get it next week in the mail. I really hope I like it.

I just did the same thing last week! I added it to my order of a Mega Man amiibo (when Amazon had them for regular price) to push it into Free Shipping amounts. Probably won't get to it for a while, but I'm glad I'll finally have it.

Radiant Historia is cool, I need to play that more myself. I bought it around when it first came out and didn't get very far before being distracted. So many DS rpgs games have met the same fate...I have like over 30 DS games and have truly played maybe like 10.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'm finally getting a 3DS, and a Majora Mask one at that! GameStop near Lady Raven's work has one reserved for us. <3

Anyone got a good list of starter games? I'm lookin' at Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask (obvi) and Mario 3D Land to start.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'm finally getting a 3DS, and a Majora Mask one at that! GameStop near Lady Raven's work has one reserved for us. <3

Anyone got a good list of starter games? I'm lookin' at Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask (obvi) and Mario 3D Land to start.

Fire Emblem: Awakening has basically consumed all of my free time at this point.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Those are all fine choices.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem has been mentioned already, Mariokart 7, New Super Mario Bros if you like the side scrolling mario games.

Basically there's a list of games in the OP. Look at that.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    Starship Damrey and Attack of the Friday monsters - what do people here think about them? Buy or no?

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular

Fire Emblem: Awakening has basically consumed all of my free time at this point.

I'll second the suggestion for Awakening - I can't get enough Fire Emblem these days. What you've already got in mind is a pretty solid starter library; but if you're looking for more, don't forget to check out the list on the first post in this topic! It has some seriously good suggestions.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    darren66 wrote: »
    Starship Damrey and Attack of the Friday monsters - what do people here think about them? Buy or no?

I grabbed Attack of the Friday Monsters when it was on sale.

It was an interesting experience but I wouldn't recommend paying full price for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Rune Factory 4. It's always Rune Factory 4.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    God damn you Skeldare. I felt like I was doing a good job resisting the S3DS until now.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    God damn you Skeldare. I felt like I was doing a good job resisting the S3DS until now.

My work here is done.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

I own both but only played a little of AotFM and none of Starship.

Most people say Starship is pretty good but way too short.

AotFM is less a game and more of a slice of life little experience. Like a short story of a Ghibli film.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Where was that page with images of what the plain color S3DSs look like with a MM gold battery cover swapped in?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options

I own both but only played a little of AotFM and none of Starship.

Most people say Starship is pretty good but way too short.

AotFM is less a game and more of a slice of life little experience. Like a short story of a Ghibli film.

That's pretty much spot on. If you like Ghibli movies (which you should, unless you're some kind of horrible, heartless monster) it's worth checking out. It's a nice little window into Japan a couple of decades ago, plus it has a neat CCG as its main gameplay mechanic. Also, the theme song is fantastic.

• Options
    ul0j0pmvqo0w.jpg
    When Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold hits stores this summer, we have a variety of goodies to go along with it! These items will of course be limited to pre-orders and first-run printings only, as supplies will be limited.

This launch edition will include:

The Official Staff Book -- 22 pages of art, including early drafts of character concepts, introductions to the characters, with both explanations of their individual back stories as well as developer insight to the character creation process, and QR Codes that will unlock some beginner-friendly Grimoire Stones.

The Fafnir Knight Rough Sketch Soundtrack -- CD soundtrack of early verions of the EO2U music by series composer, Yuzo Koshiro. It also has a brief foreword by both Koshiro and EO2U director Shigeo Komori. The CD packaging also has an EO2U mini-comic!

Both those items and the game will come in a collectible outer box!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ugh. Grimoire stones remain a terrible idea.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Where was that page with images of what the plain color S3DSs look like with a MM gold battery cover swapped in?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/30cnhe/share_your_mixmatch_backplate_n3dsxls_here/

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I finally bought a DS game that I've been wanting for a while, Radiant Historia! I should get it next week in the mail. I really hope I like it.

I just did the same thing last week! I added it to my order of a Mega Man amiibo (when Amazon had them for regular price) to push it into Free Shipping amounts. Probably won't get to it for a while, but I'm glad I'll finally have it.

Radiant Historia is cool, I need to play that more myself. I bought it around when it first came out and didn't get very far before being distracted. So many DS rpgs games have met the same fate...I have like over 30 DS games and have truly played maybe like 10.

I really liked it. There's a weird difficulty spike around chapter... four, I think? Maybe six? But it's a solid game overall, and has one of the better JRPG plots I've seen. Nice cast, nice combat system; just a good fun game.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I liked them in the Demo. What do you not like about them?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

The RNG.

• Options
    So I guess there was a rumor that Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door may be coming to 3DS. I don't believe it personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtcCD9hfQE

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

The RNG.

So, the randomness. I suppose I can sort of understand that. Though for me they were more supplemental and less "must have". So I took what I could get.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    So I guess there was a rumor that Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door may be coming to 3DS. I don't believe it personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtcCD9hfQE

After all those Smash Bros leaks, I really don't know what to believe anymore.

Leaning towards fake for this one.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Pretty much everything they say in that Game Xplain video is an opinion I 100% agree with.

To summarize:
    • This is fake.
    • But it's something Nintendo should actually consider doing.
    • Either this or a Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD remake for Wii U, which would be even better.
    • Or a Paper Mario Collection that also includes HD remakes of Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, which would be even better than that.
    • Or an actual new game in the series, which would be even better than that.
    • But whatever Nintendo does with this series going forward, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door should be the mechanical foundation of it, because it is the best and most beloved entry.
    • And Paper Mario: Sticker Star was bad.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    Oh snap, Xenoblade Chronicles, forgot aboot that. When I asked about it last year, you guys said to get it on 3DS. Did it come out yet?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Oh snap, Xenoblade Chronicles, forgot aboot that. When I asked about it last year, you guys said to get it on 3DS. Did it come out yet?

Next month

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Actually, if you're one of the cool kids living in Europe: next week.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Which technically is next month

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Which technically is next month

Alright skeldare, you win this round.

• Options
    I'm getting a US 3DS while staying at Lady Raven's. Half the UK price means importing my future games is worth it. ;P

I was wildly entertaining the notion of picking up Smush Bros 3DS - think a US code would combine with my UK Smash Bros Wii U code to equal the free Mewtwo DLC?

Oh brilliant
  • Options

The RNG.

So, the randomness. I suppose I can sort of understand that. Though for me they were more supplemental and less "must have". So I took what I could get.

Yeah, the original game had no subclassing or anything, so just base classes can win...

But it's just so damned aggravating...

I probably also fucked up Highlander royally.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I'm getting a US 3DS while staying at Lady Raven's. Half the UK price means importing my future games is worth it. ;P

I was wildly entertaining the notion of picking up Smush Bros 3DS - think a US code would combine with my UK Smash Bros Wii U code to equal the free Mewtwo DLC?

@Dark Raven X, since you mentioned Xenoblade 3DS, PLEASE be aware that THAT game will ONLY work on the New 3DS, the one that was just released. It will not work on earlier models of the 3DS.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Is anyone else here grabbing the physical copy of Xenoblade Chronicles solely for the reason that it may very well be the only New 3DS cartridge ever made?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'll eventually get it to play it, myself. Even if that turns out to be the case, that fact will not make it any more than a historical curiosity. They're marketing the shit out of this game this time around so it's not going to be a repeat of the Wii version.