Options

Indie Games: They're like video games, but smaller!

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Makes me think of this one flash game I'd played where there was a time-slowing ability you could abuse the heck out of. You could go pretty nuts with bullet dodging or just deflecting shots with your sword. Was really fun there, this game looks like it'll capture a similar feel. I'll have to check it out.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I spent a lot of time playing matrix stick fighter

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    playing her story for the first time
    I'm not super deep yet, but doesn't the bruise prove pretty definitively that she doesn't have multiple personalities? She has it on one day, and then two days later it's gone, they ask her about it and she touches the wrong side of her face and then gives a clearly bullshit explanation

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJfe7Z86sw

this game looks dope as fuck

also @berk

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Her Story is really really really good

there's a few places where it feels a little hokey and/or on the nose, like
    when she busts out the guitar and then sings a song that JUST SO HAPPENS to reflect her life situation

but overall it was very good and a super cool concept

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    playing her story for the first time
    I'm not super deep yet, but doesn't the bruise prove pretty definitively that she doesn't have multiple personalities? She has it on one day, and then two days later it's gone, they ask her about it and she touches the wrong side of her face and then gives a clearly bullshit explanation
    At this point she has been replaced by Nicholas Cage. Must have put the face on backwards.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    actually, related to the above
    I didn't hit every single video, do they try and get Eve to play the guitar at some point and have a thing where like she can't play it even though Hannah can?

because if not

why the fuck is that guitar even in the game

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I backed Jotun

It looks rad

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    actually, related to the above
    I didn't hit every single video, do they try and get Eve to play the guitar at some point and have a thing where like she can't play it even though Hannah can?

because if not

why the fuck is that guitar even in the game

Real answer
    because the actress is a musician

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I spent some time last night with two other friends playing DoubleFine's IRON BRIGADE (Trenched0 and boy howdy is that a fun tower defense game! Tons of charm, and some neat mechanics.

The best part, though, is that RT and LT control each arm of the Marine when you are not in a mission, and what each arm does depends on the clothes he is wearing. SO like, Salute, and Thumbs up.

This just leads to a lot of trying our best to wank off the other players.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    in case anyone here other than me cares, freedom planet's new wii u release date is the 13th

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I love

Jon Bois

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I appreciate that just prior to the rockets firing (~0:50) you can see black marks indicating where the flames will be and know exactly how things are about to turn out.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The sincere disappointment in his words is the best part. He expects so much better of us.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Farming simulator needs to be Jon Bois' slow descent into madness

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mighty Number 9 is officially delayed till 2016

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Gee and they can't even use the excuse of making another game at the same time can they?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Gee and they can't even use the excuse of making another game at the same time can they?

One of the reasons people got pissed about the Red Ash kickstarter is that it got revealed that a company called Fuse was going to fund the game regardless.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/07/red-ash-gets-funded-by-chinese-entertainment-company-fuze/

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think THIS is the thread that should get this

zlsBLCe.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    tumblr_nqd69dsOGU1qg5djso1_1280.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    note that I'm not screaming because I think the dude is ugly or anything it's just that I FINALLY KNOW WHAT THE GUY WHO IS THE YDKJ HEAD ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE AFTER NEARLY TWO DECADES AND MY MIND IS EXPLODING

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    he does have some crazy lips though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Looks

kissable.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Looks

kissable.

oh yeah I could make the fuck out of that

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    the heck is a you don't know jack

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Bideo James

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Looks like you don't know jack

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    No they know Jack they just don't know you don't know jack

• Options
    Clearly you don't know they don't know you don't know jack

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

comedy trivia party game

• Options
    basically the greatest series of trivia games ever made, incredibly funny, and were casual gaming smash hits well before the phrase "casual gaming" was a thing

https://youtu.be/xHKZvL4WICw

they used a simplified, text-based visual style so they could pack as much audio as possible onto those new-fangled CD-ROMs, allowing the games to be actually hosted like a game show

also they allowed up to three players to play against each other on a single keyboard. players would "buzz in" using the Q, B, and P keys. there was also a "screw your neighbor" feature, which let you be a dick and force opponents to guess

and the credits always featured funny fake sponsors, and the final round, The Jack Attack, is super tense

you can find modernized versions of most of the series on steam, with the majority of THOSE games in a single bundle

the folks who made them, jellyvision, eventually changed their name to jackbox and are now known for fibbage, drawful, and quiplash

it's my personal favorite videogame series of all time

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    a venerable trivia game series

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    YDKJ is great and if you don't agree then screw you

• Options

and even if you do agree screw you because the screws are the best part

• Options

and even if you do agree screw you because the screws are the best part

I think the caller questions are the best part.

• Options
    those were great but rare and only in the first game (or the first two if you count Celebrity Collect Calls)

This discussion has been closed.