Options

Build your own discussions in the [Super Mario Maker] thread

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I was pretty excited about fly swatter being in this game then I realized I could totally hook my retron up and play Mario Paint.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm still astonished that they're doing everything right with this game

It's so easy, and considering Nintendo, probable, that they would mess this up

They're actually doing all the things they should be doing

i'm still annoyed that they're doing the splatoon model of gating content, that shit is frustrating, and no amount of well we're letting you learn the game's tools before just handing you everything will make me think it's a good thing.

its not really the splatoon model

its based on when YOU got the game, not a schedule that releases things server side

you can totally change your system clock and get everything instantly if you want

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I am pretty excited for this game on its own merits, but as a parent this might as well be called "I Need a Break For an Hour: The Game".

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

i'm still annoyed that they're doing the splatoon model of gating content, that shit is frustrating, and no amount of well we're letting you learn the game's tools before just handing you everything will make me think it's a good thing.

its based on when YOU got the game, not a schedule that releases things server side

you can totally change your system clock and get everything instantly if you want

They still should ask you at the beginning: "Would you rather learn about this bit by bit, or have everything unlocked from the get-go? (WARNING: the options can be overwhelming if you are not already familiar with them)"

And then if it turns out that you are overwhelmed, maybe give you the option to go back and do it the other way.

I'm generally not a big fan of game designers telling me how I should interact with their product. I'm a big boy, if I want to have access to everything I paid for right now I shouldn't have to mess with the system clock to get it.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I know they're just sprites, but I wish you could affect the physics based on each costume.

Like, Sonic is way faster at running and jumping but can't stop on a dime, Megaman's jump isn't as far, etc.

Other than that, this will be a game where I pick up, don't really touch the level editor, and play all the levels other people create.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Um...what is the relevant connector between the quote and this random ass ad for someone's youtube channel?

They name their save file "Merryo" as a joke on pronunciation, like "Mary O." is n

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

i did not know that, that's at least better

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Um...what is the relevant connector between the quote and this random ass ad for someone's youtube channel?

They name their save file "Merryo" as a joke on pronunciation, like "Mary O." is n

I wish timestamps worked with YouTube embeds because it does take almost four minutes to get to that point, which I had forgotten about when I posted it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRHKX1Vr98
    Polygon's video showing off the costumes is better

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD THE KIRBY END THEME!!!

Also, I love "super star chain" levels.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Goombas Wilhelm Screaming when stomped is incredible.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I think I heard that custom sound effects will just be replaced with a parrot squawk online, otherwise things would get too out of hand.

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised. Otherwise Nintendo can't prevent you from making the game shout obscenities.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGZ-mD53X1w

recreation of OG Metroid in mario maker

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Dammit, I guess I can cancel my preorder now...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm hijacking this thread to mention amiibos I got since this game supports every amiibo

25gIShJ.jpg
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That is all

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm cool with this being the Amiibo thread too. That Olimar is pretty sweet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The antenna on the top of his helmet can actually wiggle around and feels a little squishy

Remember when the build quality on amiibos were really bad in the first wave?

It feels like they stepped up their game significantly every single wave since

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I wish the amiibo costumes were more than just costumes, and worked in more than just SMB1 as the replacement for not having a flying item.

I wanna get s fire flower as bowser and spit fireballs.

• Options
    On the one hand, a Super Mario Bros Crossover thing with the costumes would be really cool, on the other, that's deviating pretty far from the main intent of this game and they're already giving us so much that it feels almost greedy to ask for more.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah, always room for improvement.

I need to come up with more level ideas. All I have so far is something inspired by Donkey Kong Country's Platform Peril.

• Options
    Man what

All of the levels that are going up right now are going to be wiped by the 11th

I thought it was such a great idea that there would be a huge stable of awesome well thought-out levels that people have had weeks to work on for launch

Turns out that just made too much sense

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    That's a baffling decision.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Man what

All of the levels that are going up right now are going to be wiped by the 11th

I thought it was such a great idea that there would be a huge stable of awesome well thought-out levels that people have had weeks to work on for launch

Turns out that just made too much sense

I mean they can just upload them again. Its not like itll delete their save file

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I bought a Sonic amiibo today just for the support in this game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The first person to try and recreate Tubular will be sent to Mario Jail.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Given some of the nastiness already out there, I predict that before the year is out we as a species will be begging for Tubular.

• Options
    I wonder if it's actually possible. I don't think there's blue Yoshis or shells, and obviously no P Balloons so I dunno how you'd achieve that temporary flight.

The internet will find a way, I'm sure.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    From what I've seen there's a timer on Lakitu Clouds, so it could be recreated using those.

• Options
    Can you put them in question blocks without an enemy?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I'm sure you can. You can put just about anything into a question block from what I've seen.

• Options
    Also you can put wings on yoshi

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I forgot about Tubular.

I was happy.

Now I'm sad.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    I like tubular :(

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Also you can put wings on yoshi

I don't think you can. Goomba shoe can for sure but I've seen the wings fall off yoshi eggs in the editor.

Also the SMW Koopa troops seem to be omitted purposefully to keep Yoshi limited

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I was expecting it to drop Mario off into a pit. The fact that it actually takes you to the end and launches a mystery shroom you can never actually get is wonderful.

cdci44qazyo3.gif