Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Man, I've been having alot of fun playing the Combo Priest deck I've patched together (no Inner Fire, so it's missing a big part of the "combo"). But Mind Control is such a dick card. I feel bad every single time I play it.

Early on if you're lacking cards, "thief priest" is definitely a very viable option if you have the cards like thought steal, mind vision, shadow madness, mind control, and if you're lucky cabal priest. Then add in some solid value minions, the shadow words (and shrinkmeister if you've got them), and board clears like holy nova, soul priest/circle of healing, and wild pyromancer. Youthful brewmaster is also great, since you can return a minion taken temporarily with shadow madness to your hand and it's yours for good. There will be times where you steal deadly poison from a rogue and can't use it, so it isn't the most consistent deck, but it can be a lot of fun.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    MadPen wrote: »
    I made an aggro bolster warrior. I went 2-2 at rank 17 and retired it while I was still even.

Aggro bolster? Like...3/1s behind taunts, or what?

Low-drop taunts getting hit with bolster early for explosive starts. Some leper gnomes and weapons to hit the face. Think of it like token druid, except instead of tokens into PotW it's Tournament Attendee, Goldshire Footman and Annoy-o-tron with Bolster.

Well, it sounds like that worked better for you than my face priest.

yo, I can't wait to make face priest with mrrrglton work

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ShadowofVT wrote: »
    Man, I've been having alot of fun playing the Combo Priest deck I've patched together (no Inner Fire, so it's missing a big part of the "combo"). But Mind Control is such a dick card. I feel bad every single time I play it.

Early on if you're lacking cards, "thief priest" is definitely a very viable option if you have the cards like thought steal, mind vision, shadow madness, mind control, and if you're lucky cabal priest. Then add in some solid value minions, the shadow words (and shrinkmeister if you've got them), and board clears like holy nova, soul priest/circle of healing, and wild pyromancer. Youthful brewmaster is also great, since you can return a minion taken temporarily with shadow madness to your hand and it's yours for good. There will be times where you steal deadly poison from a rogue and can't use it, so it isn't the most consistent deck, but it can be a lot of fun.

Yeah, that's pretty close to what I'm playing. It's kind of a theif/combo hybrid I guess.
    Circle of Healing
    PW:S
    Northshire Cleric x 2
    Divine Spirit x 2
    SW:P x 2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Jeweled Scarab x 2
    Shrinkmeister x 2
    SW:D x2
    Dark Cultist x2
    Holy Champ x2
    Lightspawn x2
    Sen'jin x 2
    Holy Nova x2
    Sludge x2
    Cabal Priest x2
    Mind Control

If I manage to get a couple Inner Fire, I'll have to figure out what to take out to fit them and the Deathlords I already have (maybe a couple Djinni, too). But until then this is a pretty fun deck to play. Not all that ladder competitive, but I already hit 15 so I'm just having fun in Casual for the rest of the month.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Yeah, that's pretty close to what I'm playing. It's kind of a theif/combo hybrid I guess.
    Circle of Healing
    Northshire Cleric x 2
    Divine Spirit x 2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Jeweled Scarab x 2
    Shrinkmeister x 2
    Dark Cultist x2
    Holy Champ x2
    Lightspawn x2
    Sen'jin x 2
    Holy Nova x2
    Sludge x2
    Cabal Priest x2
    Mind Control

If I manage to get a couple Inner Fire, I'll have to figure out what to take out to fit them and the Deathlords I already have. But until then this is a pretty fun deck to play. Not all that ladder competitive, but I already hit 15 so I'm just having fun in Casual for the rest of the month.

Do you happen to have some Crazed Alchemists lying around? They can be used as a sort of inner fire finisher.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Circle of Healing
    Northshire Cleric x 2
    Divine Spirit x 2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Jeweled Scarab x 2
    Shrinkmeister x 2
    Dark Cultist x2
    Holy Champ x2
    Lightspawn x2
    Sen'jin x 2
    Holy Nova x2
    Sludge x2
    Cabal Priest x2
    Mind Control

If I manage to get a couple Inner Fire, I'll have to figure out what to take out to fit them and the Deathlords I already have. But until then this is a pretty fun deck to play. Not all that ladder competitive, but I already hit 15 so I'm just having fun in Casual for the rest of the month.

Do you happen to have some Crazed Alchemists lying around? They can be used as a sort of inner fire finisher.

I do have one, thanks for the suggestion. What should I drop for it? I guess there's several choices (PW:S, Swamp Ooze, a Scarab, a Shrinkmeister).

• Options

Circle of Healing
    Northshire Cleric x 2
    Divine Spirit x 2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Jeweled Scarab x 2
    Shrinkmeister x 2
    Dark Cultist x2
    Holy Champ x2
    Lightspawn x2
    Sen'jin x 2
    Holy Nova x2
    Sludge x2
    Cabal Priest x2
    Mind Control

I do have one, thanks for the suggestion. What should I drop for it? I guess there's several choices (PW:S, Swamp Ooze, a Scarab, a Shrinkmeister).

Probably the scarab, yeah. Or the ooze if you're not getting use out of it, but you might in this meta.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Countertrolling these Reno decks with mill rogue is the best. Although I can't seem to actually draw Brann.

Coinage on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bronzebeard in Dragon Priest is pretty neat. Not entirely sure if the deck needed it, but sure, whatever.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Is there a full decklist for this somewhere? Because it sounds like a blast to play. :D

• Options

Circle of Healing
    Northshire Cleric x 2
    Divine Spirit x 2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Jeweled Scarab x 2
    Shrinkmeister x 2
    Dark Cultist x2
    Holy Champ x2
    Lightspawn x2
    Sen'jin x 2
    Holy Nova x2
    Sludge x2
    Cabal Priest x2
    Mind Control

Probably the scarab, yeah. Or the ooze if you're not getting use out of it, but you might in this meta.

I was leaning towards the Scarab, too. Getting a 3rd SW:D or a Velen's (especially since I don't have any) or a BGH (haven't gotten one of these from it yet, though) is really nice. But more often than not I've got a choice between 3 mediocre minions.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    feel free to go face all game pally, you don't need to trade.

you know unless I ever draw either force of nature. then suddenly it's lethal

but don't worry that won't happen! face face face face face

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    feel free to go face all game pally, you don't need to trade.

you know unless I ever draw either force of nature. then suddenly it's lethal

but don't worry that won't happen! face face face face face
    What's trading? I can only click on face.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I couldn't for the life of me figure why this Deathrattle Rogue opponent had Bronzebeard in his deck, until I killed his Unearthed Raptor and 2 1/2 taunts came out instead of 1.

Then it was like, "Oh. Oooooooh."

Characters
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Is there a full decklist for this somewhere? Because it sounds like a blast to play. :D
    Eds1149.png

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah... I can't agree about warrior being a good match up for druid. I regularly have dominant early games and don't win fast enough before they start generating 4-9 armor per turn and then it's unwinnable

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Should almost put Jeweled Scarabs in that deck so you get 2 more chances to put a Thoughtsteal in your hand.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Should almost put Jeweled Scarabs in that deck so you get 2 more chances to put a Thoughtsteal in your hand.

Additional deaths are always handy as well, and scarab into cultist would be pretty much the only way this deck has a chance of having an early board presence. Worth a try, at least. Would probably take out the MCT with it because it's just so rare to have the chance to MCT and not die, because their other three minions would kill you and what you really need at that point is a board wipe.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Scarab > Velen's Chosen on the Scarab is also a decent turn 3 play.

Characters
  • Options
    A Renolock played a Brann he got from Scarab on turn 3. I'll just gang up that....

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    yeah... I can't agree about warrior being a good match up for druid. I regularly have dominant early games and don't win fast enough before they start generating 4-9 armor per turn and then it's unwinnable

My current dream card is a minion that has the battlecry "Destroy your opponents armor, do 1 damage to your opponent for each point of armor."

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    webber wrote: »

My current dream card is a minion that has the battlecry "Destroy your opponents armor, do 1 damage to your opponent for each point of armor."

Fun fact: Shield Slam used to say "Destroy all your armor. Gain that much attack."

That was dumb.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    If you use Unearthed Raptor with Brann out, you get 2 copies of the deathrattle. If you then use Raptor on that Raptor, you will have four copies of the deathrattle. If you then use Raptor on that Raptor.....both players crash and you can't start Hearthstone until the server dissolves the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC-KXTJAhbE

Coinage on
  • Options

Eds1149.png

...Okay, I've got 19 / 30 of those cards. Hrm.

• Options
    Apparently the hotfix for that is already on the way.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I understand forgetting about Recombobulator when they made Emperor, but how could nobody have tried that in testing? Seeing 100 boom bots go off is like the first thing I'd try.

• Options
    edited November 2015

Eds1149.png

Mind telling me which you've got and which you don't? I can try suggesting budget substitutions. Though generally I'd just say add in early bodies like Dark Cultist/Zombie Chow/Shadowboxer, because earlygame is where this deck usually falters.

Edit: Also at least one big late-game card to win games. If you have a big legendary lying around just toss it in there.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

You just gave me an idea for a card. Mysterious Armorsmith, Battlecry: double your armor

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    If you use Unearthed Raptor with Brann out, you get 2 copies of the deathrattle. If you then use Raptor on that Raptor, you will have four copies of the deathrattle. If you then use Raptor on that Raptor.....both players crash and you can't start Hearthstone until the server dissolves the game.

Okay this is pretty funny.

Characters
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular

You just gave me an idea for a card. Mysterious Armorsmith, Battlecry: double your armor

It should also summon both Armorsmiths from your deck.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Eds1149.png

I just built this and named it Kill Garrosh.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options

Eds1149.png

Mind telling me which you've got and which you don't? I can try suggesting budget substitutions. Though generally I'd just say add in early bodies like Dark Cultist/Zombie Chow/Shadowboxer, because earlygame is where this deck usually falters.

Edit: Also at least one big late-game card to win games. If you have a big legendary lying around just toss it in there.

I'll tell you the ones I'm missing. :D
    • Recombobulator
    • Mind Control Tech
    • Mindgames
    • Auchenai Soulpriest x2
    • Vol'jin
    • Lightbomb
    • Cabal Shadow Priest x2
    • Sylvanas Windrunner
    • Confessor Paletress

• Options

Eds1149.png

I'll tell you the ones I'm missing. :D
    • Recombobulator
    • Mind Control Tech
    • Mindgames
    • Auchenai Soulpriest x2
    • Vol'jin
    • Lightbomb
    • Cabal Shadow Priest x2
    • Sylvanas Windrunner
    • Confessor Paletress

Not having either Auchenai or Lightbomb hurts, a key part of this deck is having a ton of board wipes. If you've got the new adventure Excavated Evil from this wing would make a good substitution for the lightbomb and the MCT. Wild Pyromancer is also good if you have it for more AoE. And then I'd just say fill it out like I said above--good early bodies, and some sort of big threat.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Am I mistaken, or does Ethereal Conjurer seem like an auto-include in pretty much every Mage deck (except maybe Mech Mage I guess)?

The theory is that at 5 mana you have azure drake, which draws a card and is a 4/4. Conjurer is a 6/3 which also "draws a card" (since most mage decks don't go to fatigue). The stat spread on the drake is better, and it gives +1 spell power. You would also prefer to draw the cards that are in your deck too right since you put them there. However, conjurer gives a spell, this could be your 3rd copy of a burn spell when you've already draw 2. However, of the spells that it could draw, most of them aren't great. I think it'll be worth a try to replace the azures with it, but I think the azures will win out.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Side note - Brann does not work with Stampeding Kodo, or at least does not work with Kodo the way you'd think he would.

Does he destroy the same minion twice?!

I'm not sure if kodo targets the same minion twice, or if the first minion targeted is not technically dead until after the resolution of both battlecries.

I think it might be the latter because I think Battlecries precede a change in the board state in the Hearthstone order of operations.

Either way it's kind of bollocks because I thought that'd be pretty strong but now I'm not sure.

It sounds like something that Blizzard *might* fix.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Here's a druid i put together, it's nearly all battlecries and the double battlecries guy. Nothing to lose here!

m7kn3vwrk7te.png

If you can think of any edits that work better, let me know!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular

Mighty wrote: »
    Here's a druid i put together, it's nearly all battlecries and the double battlecries guy. Nothing to lose here!

m7kn3vwrk7te.png

Enhancification Commencing!

• Options

You might not have it, but the second Lore is almost certainly worth a slot. I'd also recommend Haunted Creeper; provides a very reliable body to hit with Abusive/Argus.

That said, I feel this deck would work a lot better in warlock, which is exactly what I did with Brann. Basically Zoo except I have like eight ways to give my minions +4 attack out of hand. Winstreaked up to 9 with it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    JackdawGin wrote: »

*SNIP*

Enhancification Commencing!

I did that to someone on turn 7 with brann. Taunt windfury team, GO!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Has anyone else been trying out Tomb Spiders? I made a version of Midrange Hunter that runs them:

CUN97X1WIAAZxP_.png:large

I think they're pretty good in the same way that King's Elekk is pretty good. That sometimes you just get a Highmane and win the game. Except in this case, it's a 3rd and 4th Highmane. Or, yknow, some other high impact Beast. Or maybe a pocket beast to trigger Kill Command or Ram Wrangler.

I do think Tomb Spider on curve is... kinda slow? I mean, it's a 3/3 for 4 mana, bleck, right? But at the same time, it's another 4 drop and it provides options. I like it. Though, I may just drop down to one, and go back to running two Shredders. Shredder is too damn good, man.

I'm not actually sure about the upcoming Desert Camel, though? I mean, you can get a 2/4 Camel and a Webspinner on board, and that's good and all. But is it worth the slot? Decklist already seems pretty tight and I'm not sure what I'd drop.

Also it's kind of a pain when you're facing aggro, so who knows. Maybe it won't actually be all that good.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I understand forgetting about Recombobulator when they made Emperor, but how could nobody have tried that in testing? Seeing 100 boom bots go off is like the first thing I'd try.

It's also just REALLY bad coding. Someone wrote Recombobulator's function with either no fail condition or an uncaught exception, which should not be happening.