Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Dibby wrote: »
    I'm not actually sure about the upcoming Desert Camel, though? I mean, you can get a 2/4 Camel and a Webspinner on board, and that's good and all. But is it worth the slot? Decklist already seems pretty tight and I'm not sure what I'd drop.

Also it's kind of a pain when you're facing aggro, so who knows. Maybe it won't actually be all that good.

Replace webspinners with injured kvaldir for sure. 3 mana 2/4 beast + 2/4 is insane, even if it does pull your opponents chow. Probably drop one of a couple of the double ups like juggler, KC, QS, 3rd trap.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Has anyone else been trying out Tomb Spiders? I made a version of Midrange Hunter that runs them:

[snip]

I think they're pretty good in the same way that King's Elekk is pretty good. That sometimes you just get a Highmane and win the game. Except in this case, it's a 3rd and 4th Highmane. Or, yknow, some other high impact Beast. Or maybe a pocket beast to trigger Kill Command or Ram Wrangler.

I do think Tomb Spider on curve is... kinda slow? I mean, it's a 3/3 for 4 mana, bleck, right? But at the same time, it's another 4 drop and it provides options. I like it. Though, I may just drop down to one, and go back to running two Shredders. Shredder is too damn good, man.

I'm not actually sure about the upcoming Desert Camel, though? I mean, you can get a 2/4 Camel and a Webspinner on board, and that's good and all. But is it worth the slot? Decklist already seems pretty tight and I'm not sure what I'd drop.

Also it's kind of a pain when you're facing aggro, so who knows. Maybe it won't actually be all that good.

Against aggro you can argue pulling their one-drop is just more unleash fuel. I think the 2/4 that pulls a one-drop into play is too good to pass up, especially if you have a more aggressive list with leper gnomes/worgens/maybe even Injured Kvaldir for the 3-mana double 2/4.

And a 3/3 for 4 is fine because 1. it kills the first half of shredder and 2. hunter has literally no 4-drops other than shredder (houndmaster doesn't count since it has a precondition).

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ahahaha. So apparently Unearthed Raptor is bugged where if you play it without copying anything the other guy will have his client stuck on your turn, but on your side it will look like he dc'd. It happened to a guy I played earlier and it just happened to someone Reynad was playing against on stream.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh my god Brann is wonderful.

Just shotgunned six spells out of a single Spellslinger to tip a match into madness. Tempo Brann made it to get me like two double discovers with Scarabs and Ethereal Conjurers. That double Ethereal Conjurer let me get extra Echos of Medivh which kept the Brann magic going. Discover is really fun!

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Wow, super aggressive decks on ladder tonight. I think I'll just hop over into Tavern Brawl or something....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    I understand forgetting about Recombobulator when they made Emperor, but how could nobody have tried that in testing? Seeing 100 boom bots go off is like the first thing I'd try.

It's also just REALLY bad coding. Someone wrote Recombobulator's function with either no fail condition or an uncaught exception, which should not be happening.
    Eh, it's kind of a waste to have a function check for null or throw exceptions when it can't possibly trigger (now that Recombob is transforming the right cost minion).

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    people still playing secret paladin right now must be pretty fun at parties

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    people still playing secret paladin right now must be pretty fun at parties

just imagine: brann into mysterious challenger to pull both copies of all your secrets

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Hmmm. That Paladin 4 mana 3/4 that turns a minion into a 3/3 is really fucking good in a Control Paladin shell.

Every time I've cast it, it hasn't been anything less than: "Man that was awesome." Hell, it killed an Ancient of War by itself. And if you happen to have draw an aggro opening, you can use it on 4 to turn one of your Muster for Battle guys into a 3/3 to trade with something.

With two of them, two Peacekeepers, two Equalities and a BGH, I feel really good about the Handlock matchup.

Edit: Even something as tame as: Attack with Acolyte of Pain into a 2 attack creature, draw a card, then Keeper of Uldaman the Acolyte back up to a 3/3 feels really satisfying.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    oh yeah, and I was SO CLOSE to get a 1-mana 9/9, when I got relinquary seeker of peddler and had bronn on the field

and then implosion rolled a 2

le sigh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Kibler's Reno deck is working quite well for me.

I think I beat two face hunters, which is always the mark of a deck that might go on a streak or two.

Tons of priests on tonight and the deck is quite good against them.

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Reno is weird against priests because it's like on the one hand, you don't think about priests threatening your health, but then it's like "does a priest have the capability of doing 60 damage to me in a game" and it's like unless this is going hard fatigue probably no

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Has anyone else been trying out Tomb Spiders? I made a version of Midrange Hunter that runs them:

CUN97X1WIAAZxP_.png:large

I think they're pretty good in the same way that King's Elekk is pretty good. That sometimes you just get a Highmane and win the game. Except in this case, it's a 3rd and 4th Highmane. Or, yknow, some other high impact Beast. Or maybe a pocket beast to trigger Kill Command or Ram Wrangler.

I do think Tomb Spider on curve is... kinda slow? I mean, it's a 3/3 for 4 mana, bleck, right? But at the same time, it's another 4 drop and it provides options. I like it. Though, I may just drop down to one, and go back to running two Shredders. Shredder is too damn good, man.

Needs more Bronzebeard

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Of course the card that I accidentally burn is Reno. Oops

Edit - Hahaha, I did it again!

webber on
  • Options
  • Options
    Pop quiz: It's turn 3. I'm a priest, and I went first. I'm play against a paladin and have a Thaurissan on board. There was no deathlord involved. What happened?

Later in the game featured turn 9 mind control of Tirion thanks to that Thaurissan, and then turn 10 was Paletress->heal->Paletress.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Ok, after playing it again on NA, I really hate the mine cart thing, even on normal. It's just so RNG-dependent.

My first game on EU I faced 2 of the 6/6 guys in the first turn and lost handily. My third game I finished with 30 HP and two minions on board. That spread is just disgusting.

My first game on NA I never drew the AoE, even using the stupid draw card, which is a trap anyway.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Pop quiz: It's turn 3. I'm a priest, and I went first. I'm play against a paladin and have a Thaurissan on board. There was no deathlord involved. What happened?

Later in the game featured turn 9 mind control of Tirion thanks to that Thaurissan, and then turn 10 was Paletress->heal->Paletress.

Coin + Mind Games?

Oops, you said you went first, so that's not it.

I guess on your opponents turn two : coin + arcane golem.

Then you played Mind Games.

webber on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

Your...your paladin opponent played Millhouse on turn 2, allowing you to Mindgames on 3, didn't he?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Mind Vision for Coin
    Coin > Mindgames

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

Mind Vision for Coin
    Coin > Mindgames

Ding! We have a winner.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I really love this raptor card. it's turning out to be as good as I hoped, at least in the few games I've played. 3-0 vs freeze mage.

using dog's version but not playing anubarak because I don't have it and I'm hesitant to craft it for a deck that is hard to actually assess teh quality of this quickly. plus you can't play it the same turn as the raptor so... I mean by itself it's scary but doesn't feel as necessary as dog seems to think (I made only that tweak to his list, twitch.tv/hsdogdog most recent vod for anyone interested). I switched it for haunted creeper which has a different purpose but that extra 2 drop to play into the raptor early seems great.

copied a few reno decks from the power rankings and a streamer (freeze mage, control warrior, pseudo handlock from justsaiyan), made my own new shaman (not much different but I like the new 1 drop), and took this from dog so I've got a bunch of new flavors to play around with. but the rogue is atm the most interesting to me.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Variable wrote: »
    I really love this raptor card. it's turning out to be as good as I hoped, at least in the few games I've played. 3-0 vs freeze mage.

using dog's version but not playing anubarak because I don't have it and I'm hesitant to craft it for a deck that is hard to actually assess teh quality of this quickly. plus you can't play it the same turn as the raptor so... I mean by itself it's scary but doesn't feel as necessary as dog seems to think (I made only that tweak to his list, twitch.tv/hsdogdog most recent vod for anyone interested). I switched it for haunted creeper which has a different purpose but that extra 2 drop to play into the raptor early seems great.

copied a few reno decks from the power rankings and a streamer (freeze mage, control warrior, pseudo handlock from justsaiyan), made my own new shaman (not much different but I like the new 1 drop), and took this from dog so I've got a bunch of new flavors to play around with. but the rogue is atm the most interesting to me.

I was only missing Bloodmage Thalnos from dog's deck. Replaced it with the new discover scarab (gave me vancleef lol). Will probably try to add haunted creepers or something. Wasn't sure if unearthed raptor copied deathrattles from silenced units but i just tried it and it failed. Lost to control shaman (got ysera before anub, dreamed it away =\) and reno handlock (didn't draw anub) at rank 14, before winning by d/c to patron warrior. Anubarak is kinda important because the card itself is a win condition and I didn't draw it within the first 2/3s of the deck, I got kinda screwed.

looks kinda fun though

EDIT: watched the vod, dog says it naturally loses to handlock

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    wasn;t sure if unearthed raptor copied deathrattles from silenced units but i just tried it and it failed
    If it did that would be a table-flipping inconsistency.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I found a Legend Player ERA playing a fun Shadow Priest deck.
    1k3y67i4ddzi.gif
    gtgclxgt2hui.gif

Testing it out it's great to out last the aggro and then to toss out Reno for full life again. If you want something different to play, try it out.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So hey turns out Fel Reaver in this week's brawl is pretty good.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Fuck this game. It's been all Ogre Warmauls hitting the wrong target, Crackle's hitting for 3. So done for the day.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    But hippofant, RNG is fun!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ogre Warmaul always screws you, that's a fact not RNG, never use that card.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    I have won two games today because webspinner or ram wrangler gave me Gahz'rilla.
    One of those was against tempo mage, who cast arcane missiles with a flamewaker on the board after I'd played it. That was very nearly a one hit kill.
    By the power of RNG!

(Nevermind the games I lost because I didn't get any of my six turn 1/2 minions until turn 3.)

• Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular

But its in every GvG pack I open. It must be good for something!

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Menasor wrote: »

Dust!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Menasor wrote: »

Technically it's good for ramming your face into the enemy's biggest minion...unless that was what you were trying to do, at which point you run into the enemy's face.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Well, I've definitely learned one thing today. I had a 3 Rogue Wins quest, and apparently I can't make a Rogue deck worth half a shit to save my life. Just don't have any of the cards that make the class work. No Preparation, no Cold Blood, no Blade Fury, no Eviscerate, no Gang Up, no SI:7, only pirates I have are a pair of Dread Corsair. I eventually managed to luck into the wins, but it was way too many games to be worth it. I think Rogue quests are going to be rerolls from now on. Blech.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Well, I've definitely learned one thing today. I had a 3 Rogue Wins quest, and apparently I can't make a Rogue deck worth half a shit to save my life. Just don't have any of the cards that make the class work. No Preparation, no Cold Blood, no Blade Fury, no Eviscerate, no Gang Up, no SI:7, only pirates I have are a pair of Dread Corsair. I eventually managed to luck into the wins, but it was way too many games to be worth it. I think Rogue quests are going to be rerolls from now on. Blech.

I think everyone has a class or two they just don't want to play. I definitely reroll all rogue quests whenever they come up, unless there's a good secondary class on there.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I might even say Rogue is one of the least-played characters.

It's def. a more challenging hero to use compared to say skill command Hunter.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I used to love Rogue (Mech-aggro) and hate Paladin. Now Paladin (aggro with inspire finishers) is one of my preferred classes while I hate Rogue.
    Mage (tempo) and Priest(kleptopriest or my own dragon-undead deck that I call Skyrim) are fine. Hunter (beast-focused Mid-range) and Shaman are OK. I rather avoid Druid and Warrior.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    You can also just completed those quests in brawl. Especially when you don't want to reroll the big gold quests.

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »

It is very difficult to make a good rogue deck in general right now, let alone without access to the cards that you listed. Aggro rogue is probably the cheapest "good" deck to make, but you really need those cold bloods and eviscerates to close the game out alongside some charge minions. There are very few rogue decks that don't have eviscerate and at least one blade flurry.

Doing a quick search, this is actually a pretty good list for a completely new rogue deck (0 dust required):

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/basic-rogue-deck

You aren't going to go far on the ladder but it will hold its own, and there are some good beginner rogue tips in the description. Your goal is to get minions down early, then use your cheap spells to keep their side of the board clear while you slowly build up yours. The catch is since you'll probably be playing more cards than your opponent, you'll run out of cards first, so you need to finish the game before that happens or get a sprint to refill your hand (but likely at the cost of all of the tempo you've gained).