• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I had 12 hours of sleep.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    bowen wrote: »
    was it really necessary to call me to tell me that, really?

REALLY

Sounds like someone trying to bail water out of a sinking ship by telling everyone else that the ship is sinking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ME:"It's like 98 Degrees in my apartment"
    Someone in OW: "Like the boyband?""
    ME" That too"

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    one of the people that put in their 2 week notice was told, after the person last week put in their 2 week notice, that they'd have to come up to the main office (they live 45 minutes away) 3 times a week now.

The conversation went as follows:
    person - "I can't afford to do that, you guys don't pay enough for mileage and it's a 2 hour trip a day"
    bj lady - "This is just part of your job, you have to be expected to do this"
    p - "it was only expected I do this maybe 3-4 times a year when we needed someone to cover"
    bj - "I don't know what to tell you, you need to do this"
    p - "only for 2 more weeks, this is my notice"

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP she called your bluff didn't she, bj lady?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    ME" That too"
    You're Jeff Timmons aren't you?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ludious wrote: »
    You can defer student loan payments when shit hits the fan. You can't do that with credit cards so there is a difference

you can't defer private student loans, not really (you can for like 2 months)

Credit cards can be discharged in bankruptcy, and they will absolutely work with you if you have trouble paying. Sallie mae gets their money regardless because they're protected from discharges, they have no incentive to work with you, at all, so they don't, ever, unless you play the "I really don't give a fuck about my credit score, take me to court bitches" game. Then they do. Still not really, they try to settle for like 98% of the amount instead of like 25% a credit card company will do.

Yeah I've had trouble paying my credit cards before and they're generally super helpful working with you

Amex even waived interest for a bit when I lost my job in 2014

Sallie mae has already tried to collect from me, while I was in school, twice

override367 on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    only 100 more wins until gold warrior

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    You could almost see the heat roll off my boss' head, since he was standing like 5 feet from the office manager when she said that (because he told her to say that).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    *prances free from the constraints of the Overwatch*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Social elements? In my board games?

Bah, humbug.

THIS ISN'T COMPLETELY REDUCIBLE TO SIMPLE MATH AND TRUTH TABLES /flips table parabolically

I prefer mathy solvable games with a harsh time limit that forces players to play suboptimally because they don't have calculation time

Seeing people stress out over that when they're used to APing until the perfect move is beautiful

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Why would they name a company in probably the third most inherently evil business a cute granny name like Sallie Mae?

It sort of adds a mustache twirl to it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    ME" That too"
    You're Jeff Timmons aren't you?

In a way aren't we all Jeff Timmons?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    the fact that you can't default on private student loans, or student loans in general, regardless of circumstances is madness

but especially the private ones

if I can't default on them they should be rolled into the same department of education deferment programs as the fedloans

in retrospect I'm glad you pressured me to not take more money from them @bowen , I ended up racking up a bunch of credit card bills to get through that I'm only now paying. It's going to end up costing me a few hundred in interest, but holy fucking god sallie mae are vultures

override367 on
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Billing lady is pissed because they're "downsizing" her to be office check out to replace the person who's giving 2 weeks notice.

She said "I'm about ready to give mine"

I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO LEAVE

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    You can defer student loan payments when shit hits the fan. You can't do that with credit cards so there is a difference

Credit cards can be discharged in bankruptcy, and they will absolutely work with you if you have trouble paying. Sallie mae gets their money regardless because they're protected from discharges, they have no incentive to work with you, at all, so they don't, ever, unless you play the "I really don't give a fuck about my credit score, take me to court bitches" game. Then they do. Still not really, they try to settle for like 98% of the amount instead of like 25% a credit card company will do.

Yeah I've had trouble paying my credit cards before and they're generally super helpful working with you

Amex even waved interest for a bit when I lost my job in 2014

Sallie mae have already tried to collect from me, while I was in school, twice
    Sallie Mae sent Vito "the leg" Scarpelli to Bowen's house.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Honk wrote: »
    Why would they name a company in probably the third most inherently evil business a cute granny name like Sallie Mae?

It got phoneticized out of SLMA, Student Loan Marketing Association.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell

They changed the name to Navient so still pretty evil.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Ernest Hemingway

Bah, humbug.

THIS ISN'T COMPLETELY REDUCIBLE TO SIMPLE MATH AND TRUTH TABLES /flips table parabolically

I prefer mathy solvable games with a harsh time limit that forces players to play suboptimally because they don't have calculation time

Seeing people stress out over that when they're used to APing until the perfect move is beautiful

assuming we're thinking of the same things, then something like that can be super fun, yeah. but in a vacuum, given the choice between "carefully husband your brown cubes" and rich themey trash, I will go for the latter every tiem

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway

It got phoneticized out of SLMA, Student Loan Marketing Association.

Oooooooooooooooh

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Billing lady is pissed because they're "downsizing" her to be office check out to replace the person who's giving 2 weeks notice.

you snooze you lose bowen

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    ugh i did some healthy bullshit this morning and i immediately regretted it

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    I made the mistake of ordering something online from a place that isn't Amazon. Let's count the things that went wrong in this transaction.

1.) I had to pay $24 for shipping
    2.) Had to create an account to place an order
    3.) Payment went through some weird 3rd party
    4.) Account creation email was sent to me with my password in clear text
    5.) Estimated transit time (shown to me only after order went through), 15-22 days.
    6.) Confirmation email includes a note that says shipping may be delayed due to the guy running the site going on vacation August 8-Aug 22
    7.) Payment company contacts me and says that my payment information was refused (for no particular reason)
    8.) There is no way to correct payment info
    9.) Support is nonresponsive as guy is on vacation

Ordering from a place that isn't Amazon: never even once

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

I feel like your resume cannon needs to be loaded. No more targeting paper the walls. Or playfully say "I wonder what would happen if I just rolled out and gave notice. I don't think I make enough money to consider this long term"

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Chanus wrote: »

i was about to make this exact same post down to the word a minute or two ago but decided not to

i snoozed and losed

poo
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    If you could discharge student loan debt, the corporations that own the government couldn't force you out of desperation into low wage, no benefits jobs in order to continue reaping massive profits.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    now a vendor is arguing with me saying the delivery we got this morning was actually an order we picked up and so we're responsible for damaged items

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i started this day watching a facebook video of a puppy and piggy that are best friends and it's just been a shitshow ever since

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

I've probably cost sallie mae far more than the 40k they've tried to collect from me just because of word of mouth.

To think, if only they had given me the 15 year repayment schedule instead of 10 like I asked for, none of this would've ever happened. But they were private loans so they didn't have to. Turns out getting money from a broke person is harder than it appears.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Bah, humbug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_F9bNuF0I

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Chanus wrote: »

i was about to make this exact same post down to the word a minute or two ago but decided not to

i snoozed and losed

you snoze you lost shaz

• Options

I've probably cost sallie mae far more than the 40k they've tried to collect from me just because of word of mouth.

To think, if only they had given me the 15 year repayment schedule instead of 10 like I asked for, none of this would've ever happened. But they were private loans so they didn't have to. Turns out getting money from a broke person is harder than it appears.

well for my part I was going to take another $6000 but decided against it almost entirely on what you told me so

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Drez wrote: »
    How can you work out 3.5 times per week, dumbasses?!

Still one of my favorite reads of all time. A solid 5/7 thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

It also provided material for my favorite episode of Pretty Good.

https://youtu.be/eECjjLNAOd4

HAHAHAH this is amazing. I've never heard of "Pretty Good".

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway

Bah, humbug.

assuming we're thinking of the same things, then something like that can be super fun, yeah. but in a vacuum, given the choice between "carefully husband your brown cubes" and rich themey trash, I will go for the latter every tiem

jacrob have u played blood rage

or scythe

sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    ugh i did some healthy bullshit this morning and i immediately regretted it

i ate a bagel and was sad because i couldn't eat 10 (without consequence, obviously I could eat 10)

poo
  • Options
    i hope hilldawg was serious about her campaign promise to do a moratorium on student loan payments by executive order

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

I feel like your resume cannon needs to be loaded. No more targeting paper the walls. Or playfully say "I wonder what would happen if I just rolled out and gave notice. I don't think I make enough money to consider this long term"

Yup. That's my goal tonight.

I'm just going to smash companies in CO (and maybe a few local ones) with resumes.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Am I even alive

Was that sleep or was the universe just created anew and I'm particularly poorly put together

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So in our last game of Pandemic Legacy we spent almost an hour discussing strategy before we were even done setting up the board.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    You guys I have so many fking board games

Bah, humbug.

I will probably never play a euro again, so I agree re: cube husbanding

There are some theme light games with amazing interaction though, like Chinatown

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Trace wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    [chat]'s sleep schedules seem terrible, often deliberately so.

Sleep is important, [chat]. Go to bed.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1QUy-HTHQ

Old video of @Podly

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    npr is on kind of low in the background and my air conditioner is going but i am p sure i just heard someone say trickle down racism

This discussion has been closed.