As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Played a few minutes of Stellaris tonight and it seems really awesome.

I haven't played a ton of games like this before, so if anyone has any advice I'd welcome it. Currently just going through the tutorial and enjoying the music.

You definitely should check out the dedicated thread when you have time, tons of good stuff in there. The tutorial is surprisingly good so stick with that. Scan everything, both so you know what's out there and for the sweet sweet science, good tech can help a lot. I like to get a bit spread out during early colonization and don't mind seeing a few seperate but close together bubbles in my early empire, the borders can be connected later and it's easier than having to fight for the territory farther down the road. I find energy credits the hardest thing to hold onto especially once you start fielding large fleets of ships so working towards a nice surplus of production is good. If you cap out and don't need them immediately you can always trade some of them. And at least as of the last time I played newly researched ship types wouldn't appear in your ship designer unless you had the automatic design thing checked so let that ride and tweak the designs after.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Just played through Tristoy with @UseR2006

Everyone should do themselves a favor and never buy that game or play it. It's hot garbage. And like $7. What a waste of money >.<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    That's XCOM 2 down. Only took me 33 hours. Really enjoyed it, as much if not more than the first. That last mission, though. Not an easy one.

I'm chugging along. Just encountered the 2nd ruler. Oh my.... Just got my advanced warfare center up and running. Man, they have me running all over the map, and missing so many events.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Agreed with @Stabbity Style

Tristoy has so many things wrong with it, I couldn't even tell you where to start. It's not even fun bad. It's just rage inducing bad.
    If I wasn't playing to finish it so it's off the backlog I would have dropped it not even 10 minutes into it.
    Everything from Control issues, through to Stuttering and clipping in some points. Bosses that don't make sense.
    Just.
    Urgh.

If you want some fun playing a game stay the heck away from this one.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    nEr4Eij.png

Thanks @UseR2006 for trying to wipe the memory of that game with the gift of Awe! Looks like a neat little game.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Dead Space 2 was really good.

I'm in the minority that likes DS3 so I would say go ahead and play that now to round out the series. It is more of an action game than a horror game though.

Even though I consider Dead Space 3 to be the worst in the series, I agree with you. I enjoyed my time with it, especially the first part of the game that takes place in the derelict fleet. And the bad guy is voiced by Simon Templeman, who was in one of the first video games I played that had quality voice acting (Legacy of Kain series).

I just read an interesting article over at PC Gamer titled How Resident Evil 4 turned System Shock 3 into Dead Space. It's funny reading the quote from one of the devs basically admitting how much influence they took from Resident Evil 4, but they also really improved on what RE4 did. It's a lot harder to go back to RE4 once you have played Dead Space.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Why do demon ninjas in shadow warrior classic randomly fellate their guns and pull the trigger?

I wasn't doing anything particularly terrifying.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I'm in the minority that likes DS3 so I would say go ahead and play that now to round out the series. It is more of an action game than a horror game though.

Even though I consider Dead Space 3 to be the worst in the series, I agree with you. I enjoyed my time with it, especially the first part of the game that takes place in the derelict fleet. And the bad guy is voiced by Simon Templeman, who was in one of the first video games I played that had quality voice acting (Legacy of Kain series).

I just read an interesting article over at PC Gamer titled How Resident Evil 4 turned System Shock 3 into Dead Space. It's funny reading the quote from one of the devs basically admitting how much influence they took from Resident Evil 4, but they also really improved on what RE4 did. It's a lot harder to go back to RE4 once you have played Dead Space.

Very near the ending of Dead Space 3, playing through Coop with @Jeix and I can agree with the beginning being the best. Middle to End has just been getting worse and worse, changing to more human enemies, stupid stupid story beats, and then fucking terrible rappeling/grappling events. Up until a few hours ago I was all for saying more people should play DS3, but the last few hours have been bland, boring, and buggy. The 3 Bs. :(

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Okay, excepting that one anomalous blue screen in the intro level, I'm enjoying Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark as much as I did Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

It's been a long time since I was on Earth (the intro), and this honestly feels like a weird sequel that ignores the very end of Fall of Cybertron. The new weapons are cool, the loot box level ups are neat, and the voice acting is top notch.

EDIT: Also, I sadly found out that I can't play Typing of the Dead: Overkill. Nothing I tried resulted in me getting it to launch. It just kept going in circles claiming it was trying to launch, resetting my resolution, trying to launch, resetting my resolution, etc., etc.. I'll definitely try to get it running again at some point after the backlog challenge, but I couldn't give it more time yesterday.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    FNG!

Since I should have some preditctable game time this Friday, I wanted to try to organize another FNG. I have some ideas for games but I'm open to pretty much anything if we have at least a few people who want to play it.
    Some possible FNG games:
    • Project CARS
    • Satellite Reign
    • Small World 2
    • Tabletop Simulator (maybe a game of Betrayal at House on the Hill)
    • Livelock
    • Moon Hunters
    • GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst
    • Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Would anybody be interested in playing any of these or something else for FNG? I'm thinking like a 10PM EST/7PM PST start time. I'm open to suggestions but I figured I would get the ball rolling.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Happy 41st birthday @MNC Dover ! Please direct all old man gifts towards this old man.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Very near the ending of Dead Space 3, playing through Coop with @Jeix and I can agree with the beginning being the best. Middle to End has just been getting worse and worse, changing to more human enemies, stupid stupid story beats, and then fucking terrible rappeling/grappling events. Up until a few hours ago I was all for saying more people should play DS3, but the last few hours have been bland, boring, and buggy. The 3 Bs. :(

Did you guys do the co-op only missions?

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

Very near the ending of Dead Space 3, playing through Coop with Jeix and I can agree with the beginning being the best. Middle to End has just been getting worse and worse, changing to more human enemies, stupid stupid story beats, and then fucking terrible rappeling/grappling events. Up until a few hours ago I was all for saying more people should play DS3, but the last few hours have been bland, boring, and buggy. The 3 Bs. :(

Yep, can't argue with that. Although I don't remember it being buggy for me. Are you planning on playing the post-credits DLC? I actually enjoyed it, although it's pretty short. I remember enjoying the ending to that more than what was in the base game.

Despite my disappointment with the game, I'm still sad that we'll probably not see another Dead Space game. I really liked the world they built.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What are the odds EA ever revives Dead Space or continues the franchise?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    What are the odds EA ever revives Dead Space or continues the franchise?

Apparently it's still possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sundered Kickstarter is live. Sundered is a metroidvania created by the devs who made Jotun. It looks very promising. Here's the announcement trailer from a couple months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlQIBeM5POE

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Happy 41st birthday "MNC Dover" ! Please direct all old man gifts towards this old man.

Fuck....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Happy 41st birthday "MNC Dover" ! Please direct all old man gifts towards this old man.

Fuck....

/noted

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Wait...41 is old?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Wait...41 is old?

Elder Dover.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I have unlocked the 1up in curses and chaos....now what?

edit: i just checked a faq and there's a dance button?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Wait...41 is old?

Hell, in JRPGs it's basically ancient.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Wait...41 is old?

Yes...
    ...to the whippersnappers on your front lawn.

In game news, Epistory is incredibly beautiful. The papercraft aesthetic is well used here.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    xhu0q2g9ujv3.png

It has begun. Thanks @Antoshka!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    FNG!

Since I should have some preditctable game time this Friday, I wanted to try to organize another FNG. I have some ideas for games but I'm open to pretty much anything if we have at least a few people who want to play it.
    Some possible FNG games:
    • Project CARS
    • Satellite Reign
    • Small World 2
    • Tabletop Simulator (maybe a game of Betrayal at House on the Hill)
    • Livelock
    • Moon Hunters
    • GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst
    • Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Would anybody be interested in playing any of these or something else for FNG? I'm thinking like a 10PM EST/7PM PST start time. I'm open to suggestions but I figured I would get the ball rolling.

OMG, I can participate in Friday Night Gaming now that I'm on the East Coast and not trying to put children down at 7:00 pm.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I am always down for TableTop games. Either Betrayal, Hitler, or Bloodborne for me.

Also, I nominate Town of Salem if we can get a full game of PA going.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    YDeg4La.png

A simple question regarding the similarities between baseball and cricket did not require such a monstrous response.

Thanks @Antoshka for some cricket exposure.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    has anyone ever played cricket and lived?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Depends. Does being dead inside afterwards count as living or dead?

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Yes

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Finished Va-11 Hall-A!!

Its pretty good. If you want it you should probably get it in that humble bundle. If you don't want it that's fine too Im not bothered. I was going to complain that there isn't a ton of gameplay, and you don't get to pick any dialogue options, so it was difficult for me to get into at first since you are more of a voyeur than as a person roleplaying Jill. But the setting is very unique and the characters don't feel tropey at all and the jokes are funny and there's just some much that's well done about the game that it just sort of pulls you in. So its pretty good.

Edit: I don't normally like "Visual Novel" style games so I was trying to think about what made this one different. I think I like it because its set up more like a sitcom. There isn't any narrator or a ton of exposition, some things get explained but all of the story is driven through conversations, and each character offers their own unique spin on whats happening. Each day is like an episode of a tv show and players can go at their own pace.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Reverse Zombie.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

I have been informed by both Indian and British nationals that no one really knows what the rules of cricket are and that it is a giant hoax perpetrated on the Commonwealth with the side benefit of confusing everyone else who insists there must be some form of game there other than British Calvinball.

Checks out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    @Ed Gruberman I'd be up for a couple of rounds of Vermin slaying but I won't be available til after midnight eastern time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I have been informed by both Indian and British nationals that no one really knows what the rules of cricket are and that it is a giant hoax perpetrated on the Commonwealth with the side benefit of confusing everyone else who insists there must be some form of game there other than British Calvinball.

Checks out.

Oh, Mornington Crescent.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Checks out.

Oh, Mornington Crescent.
    I worked at a cricket club for some time. I had the distinct pleasure of running catering for players, during their game. There were multi-course lunches served while the game was ongoing. I never worked them out, either.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Checks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YwY1LyeNA

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    signature.png

it took a while but Stardew Valley has now been rerolled, congratulations @Spoit

Oh oops, didn't realize it was a key.

Thanks @rikdaly <3. Many things will be ploughed in your honor. If you know what I mean.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, Alien:Isolation is the first game to actually scare me.

This discussion has been closed.