As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Vig/serial killer that causes players to withdraw on their own
    Day 1: Athenor - Alejandra Garr (Conspirator) withdrew from the party.
    Day 2: samurai6966 - Zoila Barish (Conspirator) made a tactical withdrawl.

Hmm, I was under the impression that those were for failing to meet activity requirements, but looking at it again, Samurai seems to have posted enough to meet those last night.

Were these withdrawals automatic for inactivity, made at the player's request, or forced by the action of another player?

Can't hurt to ask.

Also worth noting is that three people didn't vote last night: Arivia, Cantide, and Jdarksun. Also, Cleo voted for Burnage. Not sure if that counts.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    A while back I used to be a civil servant, working with... farmers.

Farmers, by and large, make up some of the nicest and some of the worst people in customer history

To adapt something my gran used to say, some you would tell your daughters to marry, others you would happily lower into quicklime millimetre by millimetre

Some knew the system backwards and forwards and could happily soldier on and get things done even on the occasion that the computer system fucked up and sent around deathbots to rape their cattle or whatever

Others were living in 1850 and didn’t deserve subsidies

One chap demanded we processed his application form even though he hadn’t signed it, and best of all he still refused to sign it when we brought it out from filing and showed him the big empty box marked “please sign here”

Another signed the forms, but crossed out parts of the terms & conditions that he didn’t agree with, and couldn’t understand why this was an issue

Another filled out a land claim form sideways, turned 90 degrees, meaning all the existing columns and headers were complete gibberish

Another who didn’t understand that processing took time and would constantly phone the department demanding an update when we’d told him, every time, that it would take at least a month for his new details to be confirmed by the inspectorate

And don’t get me started on the fucking useless agents who forward-thinking farmers would hire to manage their paperwork, only to find that they complicated matters incredibly by merits of being really quite stupid

But of course the organisation I worked for was riddled with incompetence anyway so it was a shitstorm whichever way you looked at it

Is this the best post? It might be the best post.

Houn on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This, people, is what happens when you browse the SE++ shitty customer thread and a phalla at the same time.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE, FOREVER ENSHRINED IN HOUN'S POST

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    For your consideration:

Kill Dr. Lucky, Day 2

The very first thing that jumps out at me is that Kay voted for Rawkking Goodguy when the vote was quite close.

Indeed that is correct. But I don't think that exonerates Rawkking Goodguy either, as it was still rather early in the day (4:10ish PDT), and there were quite a few votes for Zandracon at the very end of the day.

It doesn't exonerate him but I think another Rawkking goodguy wagon is probably a waste of time.

I agree. If anyone has additional reasons to suspect him, they can always try to shank him.

I agree as well, I was just saying that we should not implicitly trust him based on the vote of a single bodyguard.

Didn't Kay vote for SkyCaptian also? I wouldn't use his voting record to clear Rawkking at all.

I kinda second this, but I think after the way the skycaptain vote turned out, mafia would be a little bit less inclined to vote for each other.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This, people, is what happens when you browse the SE++ shitty customer thread and a phalla at the same time.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE, FOREVER ENSHRINED IN HOUN'S POST

This is exactly why I quoted it. :lol:

Houn on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Vig/serial killer that causes players to withdraw on their own
    Day 1: Athenor - Alejandra Garr (Conspirator) withdrew from the party.
    Day 2: samurai6966 - Zoila Barish (Conspirator) made a tactical withdrawl.

Hmm, I was under the impression that those were for failing to meet activity requirements, but looking at it again, Samurai seems to have posted enough to meet those last night.

Were these withdrawals automatic for inactivity, made at the player's request, or forced by the action of another player?

Can't hurt to ask.

Also worth noting is that three people didn't vote last night: Arivia, Cantide, and Jdarksun. Also, Cleo voted for Burnage. Not sure if that counts.

Athenor and samurai6966 withdrew from the game by personal request, and not by any other player's influence.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the update. That definitely helps us sort things out.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Yeah, I got totally absorbed by Persona 4. Again. That game is fucking dangerous.

For starters, Houn, I'd vote for you for "being a dick two days" in a row... :mrgreen:

...but I think this !Fatal3RROR thing has legs.

Man, if you think I've only been a dick for two days, you don't know me at all. :lol:

Houn on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Yeah, I got totally absorbed by Persona 4. Again. That game is fucking dangerous.

For starters, Houn, I'd vote for you for "being a dick two days" in a row... :mrgreen:

...but I think this !Fatal3RROR thing has legs.

Man, if you think I've only been a dick for two days, you don't know me at all. :lol:

Seriously. Go read the lovefest that was day 2 of phallakenectic. :P

Fatal3RR0R for now.

I'll try to post some movement analysis if I get a chance.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone looked at Uean? He left the room last night with Samurai6966 and the room is now closing as well. I'm not sure what his actions have been like since the blanketed PM call.

edit: wow totally missed everything above me.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    oaklore wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at Uean? He left the room last night with Samurai6966 and the room is now closing as well. I'm not sure what his actions have been like since the blanketed PM call.

Samurai withdrew. Reading comp fail.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know you can be a fully contributing member of this society instead of playing it safe and voting for one-offs.

I haven't seen any bandwagons worth jumping on. *shrug*

By the time SkyCap'n was in full-on dick mode, my vote wasn't really needed. I never agreed with with Zand vote. I'm reserving judgment on Fatal for now; It's a bit early in the day to hop on the train, and from what I've seen, when people start rolling in and find an established bandwagon, it's too easy to simply join it, rather than analyze it.

So, I'll continue to throw votes away and be a non-influence until I see something shake loose that I can get behind. Day's young, sir. ;-)

Houn on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A reminder: a special rule today says that you must move today, or you will be moved randomly instead. Remember, you have two different ways to move. First, there is always the free one-room movement in the Movement Phase. Then, if you want to move further, you can also play a Movement Card on yourself in the Action Phase.

Hopefully no more questions about personal movement come up...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I agree. If anyone has additional reasons to suspect him, they can always try to shank him.
    smallAnimePaperscans_Disgaea_BakaHe.jpg
    Gee, thanks for the love, guys.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't WANNA MOVE! I like the library.

dammit.

Meanie.

Also, my MafiaMojoSenses are tingling again.

It's kinda like a fire alarm or something going off in my head.

!Dogbone

Something seems off.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can just move back there tomorrow, silly ahava.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

dammit.

Meanie.

What if you move, but then use a movement card to get yourself back into the library? Then you could move and not move at the same time!

Darian on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

dammit.

Meanie.

What if you move, but then use a movement card to get yourself back into the library? Then you could move and not move at the same time!

Magic!

Otherwise known as wasting cards.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    but once I move, then I'm gonna wanna move, and I'd really rather just stay put and wait for the bastard to come to me and my sweet sweet revenge.

damn you, dr. Lucky, damn you and your poodle loving ways.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Come hang out with me in the study. But just as a warning, it can be dangerous. Somebody tried to hit me with a serving tray in there! Who uses a serving platter in the study??

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I'm at school. Going between 4 IE tabs. Didnt refesh the page before I replied. Im not dumb, I swear. :D

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    oaklore wrote: »

I'm at school. Going between 4 IE tabs. Didnt refesh the page before I replied. Im not dumb, I'm evil!

Fix'd :P

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Telling people to apply somewhere without the URL or a link or something comes across as a little cliquish. Like 'you can come join me if you're a friend already' or something. I thought there we no bros in Phalla?

Reading through theories and misdirections and complications is giving me a lot of possible places to place my vote. I think Ardor may be onto something with his 'spread out' theory, pinning a higher chance of bodyguard-itis on those in less populated rooms, based on the protection mechanic mentioned in the OP.

Ahava was right, you DO sound like a bodyguard.

Kayvin Costner.

Until someone starts serenading them in a shouty singing voice while vibrating their lower jaw, I think we're safe.

And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeiiiaaaaiiiiii

Will Always Vooote YOOOUUUUUUOOOOUOUOUOUOUUUUUU

!Edcrab

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That song is even creepier when you envision it coming out of the mouth in your avatar, B:L.

::shudder::

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !BL, not for the obvious, but for sticking that goddamn song in my head.

Houn, you are spared my petty wrath one day longer!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Come hang out with me in the study. But just as a warning, it can be dangerous. Somebody tried to hit me with a serving tray in there! Who uses a serving platter in the study??

Villainous Cocktail Waitress?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    actually

I take back what I say about dogbone.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !iamtheaznmafia

Tah now loves!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    actually

Backroom dealings? Intrigue? Mystery?

!Ahava

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    actually

!Ahava

Nah.

He's just not very fun to chew on.

:P

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    actually

!Ahava

Nah.

He's just not very fun to chew on.

:P

That's a boring story. My vote stays until you tell me a better one. With explosions. And gratuitous nudity.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn,

hmmm

Sleeping Beauty.

The End.

And now, off to work!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ...that doesn't sound like any version of Sleeping Beauty I've ever seen. :P

Houn on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ITT: Ahava feigning usefulness? Evil!

;-)

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, I've got a moment, so I suppose I'll post and be active. :)

So I see this train of thought against Fatal, and I wonder if I had done what I was originally thinking last night, would this be brought against me too? I was thinking about moving to 4, anticipating a couple of movement cards being played against Lucky and hoping to wind up in the same room as him, but I decided against it and figured I'd sit still.

His vote doesn't seem especially suspicious to me, especially since I voted at the same time as him, albeit with an ever-so-slightly longer post. I'm learning to empathize with the busy.

Hmm...but who do I suspect? That, sirs and madams, is an excellent question. And I've got no answer.

I just wanted to talk. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My thought of the moment: 3 bodyguards are already dead on day 3. This is a pretty decent sign for anyone looking to kill the dear doctor. If I was a bodyguard, I would want to stay very very quiet today. I say we take a look at people who were very active days 1 and 2 and are suddenly quiet today.

My initial vote could be on Ardor, again, but that would make it look like I have some sort of grudge against him, which I totally don't. Instead, I do know funkywaltdogg vouched for him, but why would Ardor just pm funky instead of just posting in the thread?

My guess: Because he's a fellow bodyguard, and he told him he wouldn't be here on their bodyguard proboards.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My thought of the moment: 3 bodyguards are already dead on day 3. This is a pretty decent sign for anyone looking to kill the dear doctor. If I was a bodyguard, I would want to stay very very quiet today. I say we take a look at people who were very active days 1 and 2 and are suddenly quiet today.

My initial vote could be on Ardor, again, but that would make it look like I have some sort of grudge against him, which I totally don't. Instead, I do know funkywaltdogg vouched for him, but why would Ardor just pm funky instead of just posting in the thread?

My guess: Because he's a fellow bodyguard, and he told him he wouldn't be here on their bodyguard proboards.

I missed something. What's this PM you're referring to?

Houn on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

That's some nice grundlogic you've got going there, RU. We want to look at people who've been quiet today, therefore I'm the obvious choice since I've been active. Also you fabricated the bit about the PM from Ardor; I was chatting with him on IM, something I do quite regularly, and I quite carefully refrained from defending him; I only repeated what he told me.

EDIT: He's talking about this post.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Grundlogic? In my Phallaz?

Man, it's been ages.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Grundlogic? In my Phallaz?