Options

Modern Warfare 2: Out now! Removal of pants advised.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man the PC version is a joke.

There ya go

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hottoq wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Fats wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Hmm, definitely disappointed hearing what I've heard re: the single-player -- that it's shorter than COD4 and the story isn't very cohesive/compelling. I loved COD4's story, very compact, exciting, well-told, and at some points actually emotional. Maybe I'll just rent this...

2x.

Sounds like the meat and potatoes is the multiplayer component. I'm not huge on the Gold thing, plus my connection isn't the best either. However I will definitely rent.

I'm going to do the same thing I did with the first one; buy it, try to play multiplayer for like a week until I realize playing on Live is only slightly more fun than crushing my hand in a vice, and then let the game collect dust. I'm excited.

This might make it easier to justify buying (I know it has for me!): Trade in 2 select PS3/360/Wii games, get MW2 for $20.

What games are on that list for the PS3? I'm at work and can't go to that link. I only have Batman: Arkham Asylum, COD: World at War, and Metal Gear Solid 4 available to trade in.

Both Batman and World at War are on there.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Hmm, definitely disappointed hearing what I've heard re: the single-player -- that it's shorter than COD4 and the story isn't very cohesive/compelling. I loved COD4's story, very compact, exciting, well-told, and at some points actually emotional. Maybe I'll just rent this...

2x.

Sounds like the meat and potatoes is the multiplayer component. I'm not huge on the Gold thing, plus my connection isn't the best either. However I will definitely rent.

I'm going to do the same thing I did with the first one; buy it, try to play multiplayer for like a week until I realize playing on Live is only slightly more fun than crushing my hand in a vice, and then let the game collect dust. I'm excited.

This might make it easier to justify buying (I know it has for me!): Trade in 2 select PS3/360/Wii games, get MW2 for $20.

What games are on that list for the PS3? I'm at work and can't go to that link. I only have Batman: Arkham Asylum, COD: World at War, and Metal Gear Solid 4 available to trade in.

Both Batman and World at War are on there.

OK, now I am definitely tempted...

hottoq on
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hrm, thread title seems oddly appropriate...

Loathing on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If somebody could help me out quickly, that'd be great.

When exactly does "Back in the saddle" trophy unlock.
    Is it right after you show the men how to fire at the start, or at the end of the first level?

Just asking, because i'm still trying get my trophies working and i'm using this one as a test.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

There ya go
    So by extension, MW2 is a joke.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Haikira wrote: »
    If somebody could help me out quickly, that'd be great.

When exactly does "Back in the saddle" trophy unlock.
    Is it right after you show the men how to fire at the start, or at the end of the first level?

Just asking, because i'm still trying get my trophies working and i'm using this one as a test.

EDIT: Fuck yeah, just fixed it.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SirToasty wrote: »

There ya go
    So by extension, war is a joke.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    UbuRoiAAUbuRoiAA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have it on the 360, but I decided not to play until all my homeworks are done. I would be such a good kid if I wasn't 26.

UbuRoiAA on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

There ya go
    So by extension, war is a joke.

Jokes. Jokes never change.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    UbuRoiAA wrote: »
    I have it on the 360, but I decided not to play until all my homeworks are done. I would be such a good kid if I wasn't 26.

hahahaha. Laughing so hard, I don't know if it's good or bad

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Would it be worth trading in Halo 3 and MW1 for this?

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Would it be worth trading in Halo 3 and MW1 for this?

Well, if you've got ODST you don't need Halo 3 anymore unless you want to play its campaign.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I bought MW2 before my 1st class and got done my exam early, so I figured I could come home and install the game and play a bit before my 2nd class in like 20 minutes.... guess how long the installation from the disk is going to take?

And now my gf wants to come over right when I get home. GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.

Snake101st on
    Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    One kid in line this morning kept repeating how he wasn't going to play this game untill he finishes his last 4 levels on his last prestige on World At War. I just stared at him in confusion, because A: It's World at War and B: His Affliction hat was on backwards.

Also, he bought the Prestige edition and was the happiest kid in the world.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Snake101st wrote: »
    So I bought MW2 before my 1st class and got done my exam early, so I figured I could come home and install the game and play a bit before my 2nd class in like 20 minutes.... guess how long the installation from the disk is going to take?

And now my gf wants to come over right when I get home. GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.

Buy her a puppy/kitten on your way home. You'll have all the time in the world to play after that.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    pogo1250pogo1250 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

i hope your girlfriend likes watching you play video games

does anyone want to form a party? i need some friendly mans to help shoot the abyss of frat boys on xbl.

pogo1250 on
    310457-1.png
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »

Buy her a puppy/kitten on your way home. You'll have all the time in the world to play after that.

The only barking I want to hear today is that of an attack dog about to pounce on my face if I dont have lightning reflexes (veteran difficulty).

Snake101st on
    Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Tell her it's a movie.

Works for Uncharted 2.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    KoolaidguyKoolaidguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

The real reason why nerds have no girlfriends.

Koolaidguy on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Damn.
    Burnt alive.

That's some fucked up shit man.

Leitner on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I bought this....

^_^

will probably play through single player first.

aBlank on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

This is a test. She knows that some big game just came out and is testing you commitment.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Good games last night, PA.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

This is a test. She knows that some big game just came out and is testing you commitment.

"Oh honey that is a great idea! You can watch me play this new game I bought it's so much fun! You can cook for me while I play!"

Will.... Will that work?

Topia on
  • Options
    KidDynamiteKidDynamite Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Help Games and Technology you are my only hope!

PC or PS3? I just don't know. I'm not really missing the mouse and keyboard to pwn dudes in multiplayer. And sitting on my couch to play holds great appeal.

OTOH, my friend only has a PC, so I would be shorting him on it.

Is there any Splitscreen for the Co-op. That would be a deal sealer.

Ugh, I just don't know. I'm pretty sure I can walk into Target on the way home and actually buy it. (I'm looking at you gamestop)

KidDynamite on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I fucking hate everybody in this thread.

Until around 9pm pacific, and then we're all best buddies again.

Until then however...

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    AAARGH I COULDNT FIND THIS GAME CHEAP NEAR ME IM NOT PAYING £45 FUCK ALL YOU GUYS

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Had a pretty funny rag doll glitch on the controversial scene.

Spoiler for Scroll rape and because it's an actual spoiler.
    dscf0949.jpg

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm actually not going to buy this until Friday so I can clean my house and spend time with my wife. I have failed the new game test too many times in the past to make the same mistake again.

I guess this makes me some sort of grown-up now. Dammit.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So has this been posted yet?

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare

The most realistic CoD to date.

subedii on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jumping into multi now,who wants to get some partying going?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    I fucking hate everybody in this thread.

Until around 9pm pacific, and then we're all best buddies again.

Until then however...

Today I was teasing my better half about calling in sick today.

On the way home my tire blew out so I gotta stay home anyway.

Sheep on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm actually not going to buy this until Friday so I can clean my house and spend time with my wife. I have failed the new game test too many times in the past to make the same mistake again.

I guess this makes me some sort of grown-up now. Dammit.

But in this case it would actually be worth it. So good.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The local Wal-Mart did a 12:01 thingy. I was in attendance. They had two registers and two cashiers in electronics that were running the show. The middle aged women had determined that the easiest way to handle things was to have one register handle XBOX only sales and the other handle PS3 only sales. PS3 line: 4 people. XBOX line: about 75. Somehow I have the impression that they had not thought their cunning plan all the way through. Their folly was quickly made manifest, and they opened the second register to XBOX customers. I was person #5 for the PS3 line. I said, "XBOX non-collector's edition please." I saw her look at the pile of games in confusion, (and what a glorious pile it was) so I said "It's the smallest one.", thinking that she didn't know what the collector's edition was. She ended up grabbing a DS game and started walking back to the register. "No, the slim green case that says XBOX on the side." Riiight. She must have been from the deli or some shit. The registers were pushing people through SO SLOW though. Apparently they were operating under a 100% ID Age Verification policy. There was also this social networking douche / blogwhore who was photographing every stage of the whole process. He even got the picture of the guy who wheeled the cart carrying the games in from the back room. Like, he took a picture of himself swiping his card. The only solace I found was that the guy was getting the XBOX version. There is a chance that I will encounter this douche on XBL. When that day comes, he will rue it. He will rue it so hard.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    haha wow. you need this game. maybe it will vent your anger. but yeah, that kinda sucked for you. my wal-mart had four registers, and it will quite well. i don't know if they were carding, but I was not carded.

on the way out the person in front of me was stopped by security because of shoplifting. they were like "if you got anything you didn't pay for just take it out of your pockets and declare it and you can go" and the dude, all shorts haflway down showing is boxers and not wearing a shirt was being all stubborn.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Picked up! Now to wait for 3 hrs 25 minutes as the game calls to me from my bag. Quiet my pet, quiet.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Went at 12:15 last night. Had a couple of cop cars outside my Walmart too. Saw a dude in handcuffs. Walked down to the electronics section with a whopping 1 person in front of me and got my copy.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    well everyone else probably evacuated

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.