As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Raiding] is way too easy

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to heroic ICC yet, don't know if we will, but some of the descriptions already make me want to cry. Coldflame on Marrogar leaves a DoT? And he keeps doing Bone Spike during Bone Storm?

Blood Beasts root their target on Saurfang? D:

Unless they jack up his damage like crazy, those marrowgar changes seem...not that bad.

Saurfang seems like one of those bosses that would go from moderately easy to crazy hard with heroic, though. There are several features that, slightly tweaked, could make the fight substantially more difficult

Javen on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A lot of the changes just strictly enforce performing the mechanics of the fight correctly. On normal we had melee DPSing Marrowgar like normal because the damage from bonestorm is pathetic. On heroic it isn't so now people need to follow mechanics correctly.

Saurfang was still trivial with a disc priest and people without snare removing abilities equipping a PVP trinket.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    A lot of the changes just strictly enforce performing the mechanics of the fight correctly. On normal we had melee DPSing Marrowgar like normal because the damage from bonestorm is pathetic. On heroic it isn't so now people need to follow mechanics correctly.

Saurfang was still trivial with a disc priest and people without snare removing abilities equipping a PVP trinket.

I've been doing that forever. It helps that feint reduces the damage to even less than pathetic.

Javen on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was under the impression absorbs no longer prevented blood power gains.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow. Untauntable Deathwhisper sounds fucking mean. I assume her Threat-diminishing ability's gone?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Deathwhisper mechanic makes it easier to tank swap though, as the first tank's threat will automatically lessen due to the debuff so the next tank can pull off him without the first needing to alter his threat rotation at all.

Opty on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Untauntable bosses requiring tank swaps are nothing really new.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am minorly annoyed at the itemization of ICC. It pisses me off a bit that 10 man weapons don't get procs. Procs are cool and fun mechanics and it bothers me that I am getting shafted from something that is mostly just for fun just because I choose not to play the herding cats game that is 25 man raiding. I mean, if they wanted to keep them off the normal versions that's understandable, though I still wouldn't like it. But not having procs on the hard mode weapons is bullshit. Wouldn't bother me as much if, like the 2h users a good weapon dropped off the first boss, or hell any of the first 4 bosses for me, but the easiest to get weapon from 25 for me is off of Festergut, fat fucking chance I pug that.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I was under the impression absorbs no longer prevented blood power gains.

As far as I knew, they put absorbs back in because it made his energy gain so crazy. We killed him Wednesday @ 30 energy with 2 disc priests, so I assume absorbs work again.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah they changed it back again. We're no longer sporting like 4 marks and now back down to only barely 1. Despite not ever using a disc priest.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Huh, yeah, we downed him on 25 Tuesday (for the second time) at only 2 marks. We didn't even have any priests. Just 2 druids, 2 pallies, and a shammy.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Did they revert it back to exponentially increasing his runic power too?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That I don't think so. He seemed pretty steady. I actually like it with the change. It made the beginning harder, while making the ending easier. So it wasn't quite a full nerf.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Festergut seemed bugged for our lockout last night. He was hitting me for 25K right off the bat, isn't it supposed to ramp up to that damage?

bowen on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    10 or 25? That sounds normal though. He hits like a truck. A Monster Truck. On steroids.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Arkady wrote: »
    I am minorly annoyed at the itemization of ICC. It pisses me off a bit that 10 man weapons don't get procs. Procs are cool and fun mechanics and it bothers me that I am getting shafted from something that is mostly just for fun just because I choose not to play the herding cats game that is 25 man raiding. I mean, if they wanted to keep them off the normal versions that's understandable, though I still wouldn't like it. But not having procs on the hard mode weapons is bullshit. Wouldn't bother me as much if, like the 2h users a good weapon dropped off the first boss, or hell any of the first 4 bosses for me, but the easiest to get weapon from 25 for me is off of Festergut, fat fucking chance I pug that.

I just want a healing trinket that changes me into things like the dps one... That would be fun.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If it makes you feel better, Trauma is kinda mah according to the Resto shaman that got our first one. And it procs that stupid magic debuff on Sindragosa too.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    10 or 25? That sounds normal though. He hits like a truck. A Monster Truck. On steroids.

10, he's hitting for much more than usual, it was to the point where I had to pop shield wall right off the get go and we had to swap at around 5 stacks so that the other tank could pop their cooldowns appropriately. Before that on a switch he was hitting me for I think almost 38k.

I'll just chalk it up to blizzard retooling some of their designs to be bigger cockblocks than they were originally.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No idea man, Captain Ugly and his Twin were both fine for us last night. Although he did almost wipe out our bear tank in 2 hits @ 3 stacks.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Or they watched Bowen tanking shit all "fuck you, mobs, I don't need no fucking cooldowns" and were like "O RLY??"

Now you get to use cooldowns! Hooray!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That might be it. Fucking GMs all up in my business.

bowen on
  • Options
    Lilac CitizenLilac Citizen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    I guess Heroic Putricide is the cockblock boss? MMOChamp is reporting kills of every boss but him (and Arthas obviously).
    I'm not sure what other changes there are, but for one, his Unstable Experiment summons both the gas and the ooze adds at the same time.

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow. That is a huge leap in difficulty.

Also:

Professor Putricide (Heroic) World First Kill by Paragon

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow. Everything but Lich King down in week one. I wonder how many attempts they have left (and how many there are total now).

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd imagine not that many, given that Paragon's got an alt raid with identical classes/specs to practice with.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    forty wrote: »
    Wow. Everything but Lich King down in week one. I wonder how many attempts they have left (and how many there are total now).
    It depends on how much of the raid time has actually been spent on their mains, I imagine they used up all the alt attempts they had available to them learning the encounters.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Really? That's crazy.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It seems the only real way to limit attempts on a boss is giving a limited amount of time from the first pull, like Algalon.

815165 on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd imagine not that many, given that Paragon's got an alt raid with identical classes/specs to practice with.

That's insanity.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And that's why they're on the Lich King now.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    shryke wrote: »

That's insanity.

One of my guild's officers has three 80 Druids and another has three 80 paladins.

Some people are crazy like that.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Paragon had 16 attempts left with their main raid after killing Putricide. They'd also spent 19 attempts on their alts though.

That said I don't really see them killing the Lich King on heroic this week at least. Over a 100 million hp is a lot, and I'm sure Blizzard wants to make sure the heroic fight lasts for a little while.

Serpico on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, but obviously they've wiped quite a few times regardless. If they've doubled up on the amount of attempts they get, then that's probably 40 or 50 depending on how many are available this week. Even they have probably wiped through most of those by this point, even taking into account getting a feel for the heroic changes in their 10-mans.
    Serpico wrote: »
    Paragon had 16 attempts left with their main raid after killing Putricide. They'd also spent 19 attempts on their alts though.
    Ah. Is it still 20 attempts this week or was it bumped up to 25? Does it only get increased on the weeks where the nerf aura gets added/increased?

forty on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    100,000,000 HP on the Lich King on Heroic 25-man. Holy. Shit.

So what's the differences in THAT encounter so far, or is no one talking about it yet? What I REALLY want to know is, what happens after the cinematic.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No one's gonna talk about changes until they've killed him. "Trade secret" type thing, each guild wants to be the first.

Opty on
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There were some datamined spells that didn't come into play in normal mode, so presumably they show up in heroic mode. (Black Beam, Blue Beam, Green Beam, Red Beam)

Of course, nobody's spilled the beans on what they do (or if they're even used). All I've heard from people with access to the fight is that it's "hilariously difficult".

Billmaan on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well then. I just hope this means the Heroic mechanics on the other fights have been posted. Still trying to find out what else may happen after the cinematic, though.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So later this week, I'm gonna be takin my 10man team into ICC for the first time. We've been doing ToC for 3 weeks to get coordinated and finish gearing up a few people.

Since I'm a tank, I don't really know what dps do in ICC. Anyone have tips or important things, like what's the the deal with bonespikes, and what goes on in the Deathwhisper fight.

tehmarken on
This discussion has been closed.