Options

[Chat] Dog Man

1484951535458

Posts

  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    J...

    Oh J.

    I worry about you.

    Whenever I go on one of my ranty tangents about the topic of her and i not presently dating but maybe in the future dating and my attempts to discern if that will ever happen she usually ends up almost falling off the couch laughing and smiling at me.

    I think I entertain her. I just do not know if that is a good thing of the "I adore this boy" variety or "god, this loon is amusing to watch while i wait to find someone decent".

    Except we keep having fun together and finding more manners in which we are compatible.

    It is just a fucking mindfuck at this point. How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm a little annoyed by half-rejections too, but calling it evil seems a bit strong.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Huh. Apparently, they're testing surgically implanted push-up bras so that women's breasts are perky even when the clothes come off. Technology, is there anything you can't do?

    Premier kakos on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

    Like wiggerness, but awesome.

    Are you going off on Sammy Sosa?

    You leave Sammy alone! It's just [STRIKE]a skin condition[/STRIKE] his laser treatment.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

    Phil G. on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    We don't get anything like guardian angels here. We just get volunteer police.

    Some bright spark decided it was a good idea for them to be classed as "special constables".

    japan on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

    Like wiggerness, but awesome.
    What?

    DeaconBlues. White guy.

    As far as I'm concerned this will never stop being funny.

    Wait... what?

    How did you find this out?

    SE++, where awesome happens.
    I just see where he got infracted. So he was claiming he was black? How'd anyone find that out?

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    J she's not evil she's just being honest with you. Not everything is as simple as 'yes' or 'no' when you're dealing with human beings.

    bleep bloop

    does not compute

    We need to upgrade _J_'s CPU to a ternary processor and implement some fuzzy logic in that thing.

    Premier kakos on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

    Basically, and if need be they "defend themselves physically" with their "specialized training" from the higher ups that came over from the states to train them.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

    Like wiggerness, but awesome.

    Are you going off on Sammy Sosa?

    You leave Sammy alone! It's just [STRIKE]a skin condition[/STRIKE] [strike]his laser treatment[/strike] a Dominican tranny out of drag.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

    I know it's such a cliche to say things like "have you interacted with people, at all, before?", _J_, but damn.

    japan on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

    Like wiggerness, but awesome.
    What?

    DeaconBlues. White guy.

    As far as I'm concerned this will never stop being funny.

    Wait... what?

    How did you find this out?

    SE++, where awesome happens.
    I just see where he got infracted. So he was claiming he was black? How'd anyone find that out?

    He claimed he was black way back during the elections last year. He made arguments against Obama as a "black republican".

    Winky on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_, it is simple.

    If you ask her out, and she says no, she is not willing or able to date you.

    If she is not willing or able to date you now, the chances of her being willing or able to date you in the future are incredibly slim.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

    Basically, and if need be they "defend themselves physically" with their "specialized training" from the higher ups that came over from the states to train them.

    So, they basically commit crime while stopping crime? Error

    Phil G. on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    J she said you can date in the future, just not right now.

    It means she's interested in you, but emotionally or otherwise not ready to date anyone right now.

    Fuck, learn some patience. :?

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    J is doing that thing that kids with Asperger's do

    where they don't understand social interactions and verbal cues and therefore just assume a person is being malicious towards them.

    yeah seriously J

    this is r-duckalus

    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Really, the problem is that you are entertaining the notion that any answer other than "yes" is not "no." If it's not "yes," it's "no." Maybe she'll change her mind later, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Whenever I go on one of my ranty tangents about the topic of her and i not presently dating but maybe in the future dating and my attempts to discern if that will ever happen she usually ends up almost falling off the couch laughing and smiling at me.

    I think I entertain her. I just do not know if that is a good thing of the "I adore this boy" variety or "god, this loon is amusing to watch while i wait to find someone decent".

    Except we keep having fun together and finding more manners in which we are compatible.

    It is just a fucking mindfuck at this point. How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

    For once, do yourself a favor J, stop over thinking things and just enjoy the moment.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

    Like wiggerness, but awesome.
    What?

    DeaconBlues. White guy.

    As far as I'm concerned this will never stop being funny.

    Wait... what?

    How did you find this out?

    SE++, where awesome happens.
    I just see where he got infracted. So he was claiming he was black? How'd anyone find that out?

    He claimed he was black way back during the elections last year. He made arguments against Obama as a "black republican".

    He's been claiming it longer than that, I think. Unless my sense of time is even more screwed up than I think it is.

    Nerissa on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, fake black dude. Fake black dude!

    Like wiggerness, but awesome.
    What?

    DeaconBlues. White guy.

    As far as I'm concerned this will never stop being funny.

    Wait... what?

    How did you find this out?

    SE++, where awesome happens.
    I just see where he got infracted. So he was claiming he was black? How'd anyone find that out?

    I don't know, I didn't care enough to go back and dig. I know just enough for humor purposes. I had no idea black was so in. It's like the new black.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    He claimed he was black way back during the elections last year. He made arguments against Obama as a "black republican".
    Ahh. But, how'd that get found out? Did he show up at PAX white or something?

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    japan wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

    I know it's such a cliche to say things like "have you interacted with people, at all, before?", _J_, but damn.

    On the one hand, _J_, they're right, just because the girl can't make up her mind doesn't mean she's out to get you.

    On the other hand, you guys should lighten up on him. It can be really painful in any relationship when you know exactly what you want but the other side has no idea what they want yet.

    Winky on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Phil G. wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

    Basically, and if need be they "defend themselves physically" with their "specialized training" from the higher ups that came over from the states to train them.

    So, they basically commit crime while stopping crime? Error

    Pretty much. Hence why all the [strike]nutjobs[/strike] winners join up.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    All of a sudden, being "The Alaskan," is a pretty sweet deal.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just don't see color in the forums I guess. Except for blue, and lighter gray-blue.


    Down with the lighter gray-blues!

    :edit: Dammit!

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »

    I don't know, I didn't care enough to go back and dig. I know just enough for humor purposes. I had no idea black was so in. It's like the new black.

    What was the old black?

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    J she said you can date in the future, just not right now.

    It means she's interested in you, but emotionally or otherwise not ready to date anyone right now.

    Fuck, learn some patience. :?
    Or maybe she doesn't want to date him at all and is just stringing him along because some people are cruel.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Nerissa wrote: »
    He's been claiming it longer than that, I think. Unless my sense of time is even more screwed up than I think it is.

    It's not.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

    I don't know, I didn't care enough to go back and dig. I know just enough for humor purposes. I had no idea black was so in. It's like the new black.

    What was the old black?

    White.

    Nerissa on
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

    Basically, and if need be they "defend themselves physically" with their "specialized training" from the higher ups that came over from the states to train them.

    So, they basically commit crime while stopping crime? Error

    Pretty much. Hence why all the [strike]nutjobs[/strike] winners join up.

    At least they are better than the RCMP, as they can actually get charged for crimes...

    Phil G. on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

    I know it's such a cliche to say things like "have you interacted with people, at all, before?", _J_, but damn.

    On the one hand, _J_, they're right, just because the girl can't make up her mind doesn't mean she's out to get you.

    On the other hand, you guys should lighten up on him. It can be really painful in any relationship when you know exactly what you want but the other side has no idea what they want yet.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    J she said you can date in the future, just not right now.

    It means she's interested in you, but emotionally or otherwise not ready to date anyone right now.

    Fuck, learn some patience. :?
    Or maybe she doesn't want to date him at all and is just stringing him along because some people are cruel.

    I really think having no patience is the answer. But that doesn't mean struggling to figure it out. It means moving the fuck on, because really, who has time for this shit?

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

    They basically figure out what is barely legal under "citizen's arrest" rules and then do that. In localities where basically nothing is legal under "citizen's arrest" rules, the Guardian Angels consist of old ladies in red hats and airhorns.

    In places that stupidly allow minor assault under "citizens arrest" rules apparently the Guardian Angels are the equivalent of packs of (more) stupidly-dressed Straightedge skinheads.

    They were kind of a thing in, I think New York and Philly in the 70s. They tried to come to Boston a year or two ago because of I think a shooting at an afterparty? Anyways Menino sent them packing back to Philly or whatever rock they crawled out from under.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

    I don't know, I didn't care enough to go back and dig. I know just enough for humor purposes. I had no idea black was so in. It's like the new black.

    What was the old black?

    Mixed asian-black girls were the old new black.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ITT: _J_ gets an olympic gold in 'sperging

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

    I know it's such a cliche to say things like "have you interacted with people, at all, before?", _J_, but damn.

    On the one hand, _J_, they're right, just because the girl can't make up her mind doesn't mean she's out to get you.

    On the other hand, you guys should lighten up on him. It can be really painful in any relationship when you know exactly what you want but the other side has no idea what they want yet.

    Yes, it can be hard when one party is confused.

    But calling them evil isn't the healthiest reaction.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    J she said you can date in the future, just not right now.

    It means she's interested in you, but emotionally or otherwise not ready to date anyone right now.

    Fuck, learn some patience. :?
    Feral wrote: »
    _J_, it is simple.

    If you ask her out, and she says no, she is not willing or able to date you.

    If she is not willing or able to date you now, the chances of her being willing or able to date you in the future are incredibly slim.

    You two need to fight to the death in order to determine who is correct.


    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    J is doing that thing that kids with Asperger's do

    where they don't understand social interactions and verbal cues and therefore just assume a person is being malicious towards them.

    yeah seriously J

    this is r-duckalus

    Maybe, but this seems like a sensible way for a thinking thing to act in this situation. How am I supposed to know what will happen if this lady's intentions are not known to me? How am I supposed to plan my day?

    As far as I can tell to manifest a situation in which dating occurs the interested party has to make itself available to the party whose adoration is sought. So, I have to be available to her. I have to be within her geographic area, i have to have a free schedule, I have to maintain a situation such that when she wants to hang out I am available to her. If a situation arises in which I am not available then she will spend time with someone else and then, presumably, increase her adoration towards the party who WAS available as opposed to crummy stupid old J who had to write his paper.

    So, since I WANT to hang out with her and need to be available I structure my life to be such that I AM available.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, _J_, if I were you, I'd just stop investing so much effort into her. Ultimately if she does go "I found some hot guy, I'm going to go date him now", there's nothing you can do about it and it really doesn't make her that bad of a person for going for what she wants. I'd say keep on looking.

    Winky on
This discussion has been closed.