Options

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i think for choosing the weapons they wanted to include for mw2 infinity ward just watched a whole bunch of future weapons on the discovery channel

Nuzak on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wait,you have to USE flares? I thought it shoots them automatically?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

It does. I think he meant to start shooting like crazy whenever you hear the lock on noise.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »
    i think for choosing the weapons they wanted to include for mw2 infinity ward just watched a whole bunch of future weapons on the discovery channel

Hey, I love future weapons D:

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited December 2009

It does. I think he meant to start shooting like crazy whenever you hear the lock on noise.

Yah, maybe that's what I do. I honest to god thought I had to deploy the flares though. I really just mash buttons, and I wrack up kills. The AC-130 is the face roll of MW2.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

That's what I thought too.

Googled:
    The AC-130 automatically deploys flares, but it only deploys flares twice, then the AC-130 is a sitting duck and will be hit by the next missile.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So if I were going to buy one game... which is more realistic? Left 4 Dead or Modern Warfare?

Clearly zombie infested streets are more realistic....

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Someone mentioned earlier it will reload the flares if you stay up long enough (can't confirm this, I'm always shot down too fast).

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Yah, maybe that's what I do. I honest to god thought I had to deploy the flares though. I really just mash buttons, and I wrack up kills. The AC-130 is the face roll of MW2.

That would make it the second face roll thing in games I fail horribly at. (failed at face roll build pvp rogue in wow when they were pretty op'd)

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jesus christ.

FLARES ARE AUTOMATIC

Gnometank should work for Fox News.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

That would make it the second face roll thing in games I fail horribly at. (failed at face roll build pvp rogue in wow when they were pretty op'd)

Try a DK, they are the true face roll class in WoW now (can't really help you with the AC-130...I just blast anything that's red and moving, then start blasting any open areas I figure guys might move through).

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flares are automatic, but as people have said you only get 2, unless you can stay in the air long enough for them to recharge. Therefore, when you hear the lock noise, shoot anyone standing still and looking up. You might save a flare launch.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    nlawalker wrote: »
    Also is there any big difference between the different laser sights?

I prefer holographic, mostly because it has the word "holographic" in it.

There's not a lot of difference. The holo sight is a bit easier to see "through" (a red dot will completely obscure a distant target, the holo not as much), and it's also got a neat-but-not-really-that-useful feature of compensating for the change in trajectory caused by moving either one of the sticks while aiming.
    Both sights compensate. The Holo is just more noticeable. I like the laser more since it's more open. Btw does anyone like the ACOG scope more after it's been EMP'ed?

Not that it matters for the game, but FYI the red dot sight isn't a laser sight--someone standing next to your target would not see a red dot on your target's forehead. It's more like a heads-up-display that's just reflecting a small red light.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Try a DK, they are the true face roll class in WoW now ...

Stop.

Before you even start.
    Shit, you already started.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    bejeavis wrote: »
    Try a DK, they are the true face roll class in WoW now ...

Stop.

Before you even start.
    Shit, you already started.

For god sake, I was joking...please, no one else start. No WoW discussions in here.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So apparently fixing the Jav glitch also made everyone much more civil. Guys were actually complimenting each other and saying good game after matches. I was speechless.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited December 2009
    So apparently fixing the Jav glitch also made everyone much more civil. Guys were actually complimenting each other and saying good game after matches. I was speechless.

I had a few Domination games last night like that, where everyone was civil and giving brofist respek knuckles after matches. Little friendly ribbing, but all in fun...was a breath of fresh air. My team was even communicating, outside of me and my RL friend who play together all the time. Even simple "Need help at C" calls were nice to hear.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I haven't played wow since like May. :)

Maybe I over think the Ac-130 and need to try and be more reckless with my shots because i try and line people up and listening to you guys you are leading people.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man, I don't even lead people, I just blast. Oh look a dude, BANG. Oh look, I can't see any dudes, there's an open area, BANG BANG BANG.

(Coincidentally, this is how I play the entire game).

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've acquired all the marijuana titles.

Yeah, I think I'm going to play Team Fortress 2 from now on.

Hoz on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I know the Apache only has one load of flares, but I get 4x as many kills with it than an AC-130, mainly because I always get a fucking AC-130 in a care package ONLY when I'm on maps like Invasion or Karachi.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hoz wrote: »

I've got joint ops, but I want the marijuana leaf emblem to go along with it. Do you happen to know how it's opened up?

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The AC-130 does take a bit of strategy to use effectively, but yeah, you can get 15 kills from just lobbing 105mm's into their spawn.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The AC-130 does take a bit of strategy to use effectively, but yeah, you can get 15 kills from just lobbing 105mm's into their spawn.

See I play FFA there is no they.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

huuuurk. *boiling rage*

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

See I play FFA there is no they.

This could be part of it. I play mostly domination, so even if I see no red targets because of cold blooded, I can make a pretty good educated guess where they might be.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Redcat wrote: »
    Xaev wrote: »
    Lord Yod wrote: »
    If scavenger even lets you pick up a tube grenade if that's the only thing you can pick up.

So many times I have to fire off some rounds and reload them to pick up the grenade I actually need.

Not positive I understand what you're saying here, but you know that if your tube is empty you have to have it out (with the 'NO AMMO' sign up) in order to refill it, right? As soon as you pick up a pack you'll reload.

I know this, but it's still stupid. I should be able to pick up more grenades when I have my rifle in firing mode. The same applies to the Thumper and RPG-7.

You don't have to have the tube out. The reason Scav sometimes seems not to work is because if the ammo reserve (not in-gun) is full on the weapon you have equipped you won't pick up the bag.

e.g. If I have 120 rounds remaining in my SCAR reserve and have fired my M203s I can run over a bag all day and get nothing.

If I have 119 rounds in my reserve and have fired my grenades stepping on a bag will give me 1 bullet, one M203 grenade, and 1 of whatever else I'm missing.

You can pick up those grenades without switching, you will go through the reload animation if you switch to it while it's empty.

You are wrong. If you take a scav class with a tube'd AR, and you do nothing other than fire both tubes, you WILL need to have the tube "out" to refill it's ammo. Same with a Javelin.

This is, of coarse, only true if those are the ONLY thing you have used so far. If you throw a grenade, or a flash, or drop a claymore, or fire 1 bullet and reload your clip, or anything other than the only firing the tube, every pack you hit will pick up.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I really should add PA people to my friends for playing team based games because I try going into domination solo and no one has mics and its just not well played games. I like being the point guy and when you can't talk to your teammates and you head to a point with a guy behind you who disappears you aren't the point guy you're the fool that runs into cap points alone.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I really should add PA people to my friends for playing team based games because I try going into domination solo and no one has mics and its just not well played games. I like being the point guy and when you can't talk to your teammates and you head to a point with a guy behind you who disappears you aren't the point guy you're the fool that runs into cap points alone.

Which is why when I can't get PA folks together, I always play Domination with a RL buddy. Even if the rest of the team is being a bunch of chuckle fucks, we can go around capping points, running up our personal scores.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I've got joint ops, but I want the marijuana leaf emblem to go along with it. Do you happen to know how it's opened up?

you have to score exactly 420 points on afghan. I'm super cereal.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

you have to score exactly 420 points on afghan. I'm super cereal.

If this is true, its one more reason to execute half of IW's staff with akimbo 1887s

EtherealWalrus on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What about the other half?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wiki says the awesome pot leaf logo is from completing the denier challenge

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm assuming some of them came up with the ACR, tacinsert and riot shield and deserve life.
    On an unrelated note, any news on 1887 nerfs? My friend just tried them out and despite my repeated warnings of becoming a dog rapist, had to be forcibly removed from the room in order to make him stop getting 5/1 K/D ratios.

EtherealWalrus on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Okay, I understand the appeal of the dog rapist build, and the witchblade build. But what about the regular joe who just wants to pick an assault rifle or lmg and be done with it?

Some swear by the TAR, some the ACR, and the SCAR and FAMAS have their proponents. Is there consensus on the point of which is the best overall AR/LMG?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If I am not mistaken the bests are: FAMAS/M16/ACR and AUG.(I may be wrong on the lmg as I haven't kept up with em since I don't use em)

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The ACR is definitely the best AR. Its damage isn't that high per shot, but it's like a weak, rapid-fire sniper rifle.

You get it so late in the levels because once you have it, there's literally no reason to ever use anything else as your primary.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Okay, I understand the appeal of the dog rapist build, and the witchblade build. But what about the regular joe who just wants to pick an assault rifle or lmg and be done with it?

Some swear by the TAR, some the ACR, and the SCAR and FAMAS have their proponents. Is there consensus on the point of which is the best overall AR/LMG?

I'll go to my grave saying the SCAR, but it's so subjective as to be a pointless argument to have.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

The TAR is absolutely fantastic at close range, and the ACR is a monster on large maps (it's basically a laser). The SCAR is great at most distances, but I have issues with the low fire rate and small magazine. The FAMAS will kill pretty much anyone with one pull of the trigger and is very accurate, but I'm personally not a fan of the three round burst weapons. Sometimes I need to spray and pray. Try them all and see which one you like best. It's not the same for everyone.

I just unlocked the AK last night and that gun is quickly becoming my favorite. I don't want to prestige because I don't want to lose it.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Oh. You're one of those people. You're all swell folk.

John Matrix on