• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wtf how, its not up on live at all..

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So far Kasumi seems like a really good character, the voice acting is good too.

Oh, and apparently this planet is a bit of a manufacturing and trade center, the game calls it humanity's Illium.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sagroth wrote: »
    If it doesn't show up on 360, here's how to make it appear:

Browse
    All Games
    M > Mass Effect 2
    You'll get multiple windows. Select the one with all the downloads, and you'll see grayed-out text on the top.
    Scroll over to:
    Most Recent

And it'll be there.

no, no its not there, what the hell guys?

the video is there.. are you guys sure you didnt download that by mistake and then lying about playing it to save face?

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This jealous PC user is hoping that's the case.

If I can't have it, no one can!

Edit: Hrmmm...another overload. Handy. And good to hear they didn't skimp on the voice acting; it's part of what sets Mass Effect apart. How's that new SMG?

Orca on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyone else following the auctions? Regardless of your answer, click my sig.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just got the new SMG, can't wait to try it out.

EDIT: Wow, this thing has fast ROF.

It's also silenced.

Good up-close weapon, I think.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Does the silencing have any actual in-game effect?

Orca on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    Does the silencing have any actual in-game effect?

Doesn't look like it.

Shadow Strike is a rad ability though, real powerful when maxed out, even on Insanity.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    add to buy it from http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108ce/?p=1&of=6&bt=0&sb=1&did=0ccf0012-0000-4000-8000-0000454108ce

and add it to the download queue..

and i load up my 360 to discover it saying "assigned to other console" wtf.

edit: ok yay its downloading!

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man, Kasumi and I are totally gonna be vanguard charge bros.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh fuck me, it's an YMIR, just what I needed.

The Locust SMG is good though, takes down a regular merc (on insanity) in one magazine (which is like less than two seconds), reloads fast and has a good amount of spare ammo.

Oh, and that's without any ammo powers.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Since I'm stuck at work and bored, it's random speculation time. I decided to predict how the rest of the costume packs will be split up, so feel free to skip reading due to it being boring.
    My first assumption is that they will follow the basic money making scheme here with Highly Popular Character + Popular Character + Unpopular Character comprising the packs. As such, I've categorized Grunt, Mordin, and Tali as the Highly Popular characters (who thusly won't be in a pack together); Legion, Samara and Miranda as the Popular Characters; and Jacob, Zaeed, and Kasumi as the Unpopular Characters.

To clarify my reasoning, I realize Legion is highly popular, but one of the four needed to be knocked down a tier, and you get him late in the game, he's secret, and he's also completely missable. So that's why Legion was knocked down a tier. Zaeed and Kasumi are in the Unpopular tier solely because they are not part of the base game and thus they are automatically available to less people.

My second assumption is that there will be at least one female in each pack.

My last assumption is that Tali & Legion will not be in the same pack and neither will Miranda & Jacob due to thematic overlap.

This leaves us with:

Pack 2: Tali, Samara, Jacob
    Pack 3: Mordin, Miranda, Zaeed
    Pack 4: Grunt, Legion, Kasumi

Yep. Too much time on my hands. Wonder how close to the mark I made it? My final breakdowns may be incorrect, but I believe my first two assumptions will probably prove to be correct regardless.

Lars on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    Since I'm stuck at work and bored, it's random speculation time. I decided to predict how the rest of the costume packs will be split up, so feel free to skip reading due to it being boring.
    My first assumption is that they will follow the basic money making scheme here with Highly Popular Character + Popular Character + Unpopular Character comprising the packs. As such, I've categorized Grunt, Mordin, and Tali as the Highly Popular characters (who thusly won't be in a pack together); Legion, Samara and Miranda as the Popular Characters; and Jacob, Zaeed, and Kasumi as the Unpopular Characters.

To clarify my reasoning, I realize Legion is highly popular, but one of the four needed to be knocked down a tier, and you get him late in the game, he's secret, and he's also completely missable. So that's why Legion was knocked down a tier. Zaeed and Kasumi are in the Unpopular tier solely because they are not part of the base game and thus they are automatically available to less people.

My second assumption is that there will be at least one female in each pack.

My last assumption is that Tali & Legion will not be in the same pack and neither will Miranda & Jacob due to thematic overlap.

This leaves us with:

Pack 2: Tali, Samara, Jacob
    Pack 3: Mordin, Miranda, Zaeed
    Pack 4: Grunt, Legion, Kasumi

Yep. Too much time on my hands. Wonder how close to the mark I made it? My final breakdowns may be incorrect, but I believe my first two assumptions will probably prove to be correct regardless.

I couldn't care less what order they come in. All I know is that if Grunt doesn't get a pair of shades, someone at Bioware will pay.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    that was fucking rad
    fem shep gets a dress!

Elendil on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    that was fucking rad
    fem shep gets a dress!

Badass.

Orca on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Now the PC gamers are actually getting mad on the forums. If it's anything gamers hate, it's missing out on content (even for a few hours)that others may be experiencing.

It's funny cause their complaints are identical to those used by the people who were angry about MW2's lack of PC support.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    that was fucking rad
    fem shep gets a dress!

I haven't done a Fem shep run yet, strangely this is an incentive.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The new mission seemed surprisingly difficult; I don't know whether that's a combination of the fact that I'm playing on hardcore and that it's unfamiliar or if it really is just particularly tricky, but it didn't seem to pull its punches.

Elendil on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DHS wrote: »
    that was fucking rad
    fem shep gets a dress!

I haven't done a Fem shep run yet, strangely this is an incentive.

Clearly it's a manifestation to cross-dress/be a woman.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm trying to decide whether this was the best loyalty mission or only nearly the best. I think I might pop over to an old file to do it again.

Elendil on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    gahhh i can't even try to buy it until tomorrow D:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pilgrim wrote: »
    Oh fuck me, it's an YMIR, just what I needed.

The Locust SMG is good though, takes down a regular merc (on insanity) in one magazine (which is like less than two seconds), reloads fast and has a good amount of spare ammo.

Oh, and that's without any ammo powers.

It's an interesting weapon; rips shields like oh my god, extremely fast and super accurate.

Definitely an anti-personnel weapon though; it was ludicrously useless versus the YMIRs. Thank god the Arc Projector works so well on them. I think I still prefer the Tempest, but it'll get some use before I get that.

Elendil on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Kasumi exe just went up if you know where to look.

EDIT Oh god it's 991MB.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHERE DO I LOOK?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kasumi a-Gogo.

2d6nnz8.jpg

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ubergeek for most useless poster

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WANT.

Orca on
  • Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ThePantsAssociation on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yesssss it's live for the PC! Only 33 minutes remaining to download it. Damn my need for instant gratification.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    6 minutes to go, meaning I'll be able to play it for 15 minutes before Lost is on.

Curse your timing, Bioware!

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Scooter wrote: »

Well I couldn't post the link to the file itself since you aren't supposed to be getting it unless you payed for it. That went up before the DLC page was updated. I didn't feel like accusations that I was aiding piracy, because now that the file is there, there's a bunch of people that will be playing in about 5 minutes that didn't pay for it.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    1 hour to go.... they must be getting hammered :p

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    übergeek wrote: »

Well I couldn't post the link to the file itself since you aren't supposed to be getting it unless you payed for it. That went up before the DLC page was updated. I didn't feel like accusations that I was aiding piracy, because now that the file is there, there's a bunch of people that will be playing in about 5 minutes that didn't pay for it.

Oh, one of those things

Well it's up and I'm downloading it with points so that's good enough

Scooter on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The heck?

"The credit card could not be verified"? Anyone else getting that?

I get that message when I try to buy Bioware points individually (there's an option for 560 points specifically). If I try to buy the DLC by clicking on it it only allows me to buy in increments of 800 minimum, which is freaking retarded.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's letting me through now.

subedii on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Isn't the actual DLC unusable anyway until it's registered? Like the other Cerberus Network stuff that won't work unless you've either registered your Cerberus account or bought one?

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I'm pretty sure the ME2 DLC installer checks your account somehow or the game checks when you login, otherwise everyone would have incisor rifles and such if the .exes were all that were required.

I appreciate you mentioning it, though, it gave me a headstart on the download before I bought it (80 BW points left, hum) so I can play it for a minute before Lost.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kasumi, ahoy ! Thank goodness for that fiber-optic line which terminates about five feet away from my PC. 991 MB, cowabunga.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Should of known, her onship stuff is just like zaeeds, so out of place, but her mission is looking cool
    lol saren statue

I better be able to wear the suit on the normandy. And the actor for hock is the worse actor ever

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heads up for fellow Aussies or those with limited bandwidth, the file is almost exactly a gig.

Kelor on
This discussion has been closed.