As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hunt On] Wii Hunt Info Thread 2.0

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    mfc144 wrote: »
    Because best buy's website has our store listed with an 11 am opening time when it is actually 10am, and because a handful of douchebags who arrived at 10 (i got there at 10:30) thought it'd be great to buy a bunch (they had 6 in their car), and then stand outside the store and nonchalantly ask people as they exit if they were looking for a wii, and if so, just how bad they wanted it; I missed out on buying a wii today.

So, that all said, it was mentioned that there would be a second shipment later in the week, do you have any more specific details on that?

Thanks.

You were lazy. You didn't deserve one. No one owes you one. Quit being a fucking baby and suck it up. If you want one, you will have to work for it.

Who are you, Ayn Rand?

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Because best buy's website has our store listed with an 11 am opening time when it is actually 10am, and because a handful of douchebags who arrived at 10 (i got there at 10:30) thought it'd be great to buy a bunch (they had 6 in their car), and then stand outside the store and nonchalantly ask people as they exit if they were looking for a wii, and if so, just how bad they wanted it; I missed out on buying a wii today.

So, that all said, it was mentioned that there would be a second shipment later in the week, do you have any more specific details on that?

Thanks.

You were lazy. You didn't deserve one. No one owes you one. Quit being a fucking baby and suck it up. If you want one, you will have to work for it.

You're right, because it's not like I went to the company website to find out the time the store opened (which they had listed WRONG), and it's not like I arrived 30 minutes prior to the time I thought the store opened. And don't give me the "you should have verified the opening time", you'd think a company could keep their fucking store open/close times up to date.

Regardless of one posters opinion of my apparent "lack of effort", anyone know actual facts as to the next shipment?

mfc144 on
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    They have been sold out world-wide since November....hmmm...30 minutes should do it!

Like I said, you didn't work hard enough for it.

"but I went to their website!!"

Yeah, nice try.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey

for some reason the San Diego area Targets have around 5-10 wii's per store in stock. I finally just picked one up but they are going fast.

:)

Barcardi on
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I got mine :) There were modest lines, got to around 10 before people started going in and this is in Miami of all places. There was still a steady drove of people who kept on showing up though, so demand is still high :[

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love this thing already and all i have done was make a mii, this controller thing is kickass and i love the idea that i dont have to play a 60 hour game anymore unless i really want to

wii sports here i come :)

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    They have been sold out world-wide since November....hmmm...30 minutes should do it!

Yeah, nice try.

How early does he need to get there? They could still have bought the whole supply ahead of him. an hour? They could still buy them all. 2 hours? 3? The night before? Somebody could be there earlier, and still buy them all. Your argument is severely flawed.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, nice try.

Where I live, yeah 30 minutes is more than adequate.
    You don't know shit about me or where I live man, so just come off it.
    So yeah, nice try.
    Feel free to reply and get your last word in, I know you need to.
    But I'm done with this.

mfc144 on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Each Fry's store is getting between 50-60 in this week to hold for Friday's ad. Maybe more.

cr0w on
  • Options
    astroboyastroboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Yeah, nice try.

I got mine 1 1/2 months ago, went to Target 2 hours after they opened. I must have REALLY deserved to get one, eh? O_o

Stop being such a tool.

astroboy on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: PlayerOne
    My Collection
  • Options
    CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You pay tax on Wii Points no matter how you buy them. Considering I was charged tax (I live in Kentucky), I doubt it has anything to do with whether Nintendo has a presence here or not.

Nope. You can read the Wiki.I should have used the Best Buy availability to convert my $1,200 GC to cash. Would that be objectionable? "SCALPER!" D:

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Well in that case, have fun with your wii since your timing was more than adequate.

....oh....wait....hahahaha

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    astroboy wrote: »

Yeah, nice try.

I got mine 1 1/2 months ago, went to Target 2 hours after they opened. I must have REALLY deserved to get one, eh? O_o

Stop being such a tool.

2 hours is a lot different than a half hour. Quit defending him. He didn't put forth the effort, and now he is whining about it.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, nice try.

Stop being such a tool.

2 hours is a lot different than a half hour. Quit defending him. He didn't put forth the effort, and now he is whining about it.

Guess you missed that part, champ.

astroboy on
    My Collection
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, nice try.

Stop being such a tool.

Guess I did.

So you got lucky. It happens. But does that give someone else the right to bitch when the odds are stacked against them?

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, nice try.

Stop being such a tool.

Guess I did.

So you got lucky. It happens. But does that give someone else the right to bitch when the odds are stacked against them?

First of all, YOU are the only one who took his complaint as "bitching." But then again, that's not surprising. You've clearly shown that you'll take the slightest opportunity to jump on someone.

Secondly, so you admit that luck is a factor in these matters. So why not ascribe his situation as being unlucky? Since getting lucky happens (like I did), why can't getting unlucky happen (like he did)? Oh, but wait, then you couldn't pounce on the opportunity to be a total dick.

Bra-vo.

astroboy on
    My Collection
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I checked wal-mart twice a day for like 2 weeks and then stopped for a couple days.

Then I was bored one afternoon and just when and they had one left. I was jumping around as soon as I saw it in the display case I wanted my arms around it. This was the 3rd day of this year.

JJ on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Yeah, nice try.

Stop being such a tool.

Guess I did.

First of all, YOU are the only one who took his complaint as "bitching." But then again, that's not surprising. You've clearly shown that you'll take the slightest opportunity to jump on someone.

Secondly, so you admit that luck is a factor in these matters. So why not ascribe his situation as being unlucky? Since getting lucky happens (like I did), why can't getting unlucky happen (like he did)? Oh, but wait, then you couldn't pounce on the opportunity to be a total dick.

Bra-vo.

You really don't have a clue how this "luck" thing works do you?

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Well in that case, have fun with your wii since your timing was more than adequate.

Goddamn you are annoying.

Yes the console is hard to find and we understand that, but you make it sound like it is a privilege that has to be earned and it is not. Some people went and preordered and still don't have one. Others walked in and were able to pick up a system by chance. You aren't going to not get a system because it doesn't seem like you were trying hard enough to get one. They will hand you one if you have money regardless.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

You really don't have a clue how this "luck" thing works do you?

Does it involve being an ass?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rehab wrote: »

Yes the console is hard to find and we understand that, but you make it sound like it is a privilege that has to be earned and it is not. Some people went and preordered and still don't have one. Others walked in and were able to pick up a system by chance. You aren't going to not get a system because it doesn't seem like you were trying hard enough to get one. They will hand you one if you have money regardless.

It DOES have to be earned for the most part. Sure you can get lucky. But if you just walk into the store at noon and they don't have one, it would be unreasonable to bitch. Same thing if you get there a half hour before they open on a new shipment. There is an entire thread here (more than one actually) full of people who camped their asses off and still didn't get one. But this guy thinks its perfectly reasonable to read this thread, then still bitch while putting out very minimal effort.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    edited April 2007

It DOES have to be earned for the most part. Sure you can get lucky. But if you just walk into the store at noon and they don't have one, it would be unreasonable to bitch. Same thing if you get there a half hour before they open on a new shipment. There is an entire thread here (more than one actually) full of people who camped their asses off and still didn't get one. But this guy thinks its perfectly reasonable to read this thread, then still bitch while putting out very minimal effort.

He tried getting to the store half an hour early on a day they were getting more systems in stock. For all we know this store could have been getting a large shipment of Wii systems in stock, had a small town location where there are less likely customers, or any number of other factors. Besides, laughing at someone because they weren't able to buy a product they wanted is not the right attitude to have. Why does it matter to you and if it does matter, why wouldn't you want him to have and be able to enjoy the system?

Rehab on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cr0w wrote: »
    Each Fry's store is getting between 50-60 in this week to hold for Friday's ad. Maybe more.

awesome, thanks for the info.

mfc144 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I put 0 effort into getting my Wii, I just ordered it online. I guess that just makes me better than you, right?

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think the big irk-factor here is just the term "deserve"...it's not Nintendo is going to be like, "Dude, don't sell that guy a Wii, he doesn't deserve one." This is a purchase, not some rite of passage or some shit.

Darlan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh yeah, congrats to the people on the last page that were able to pick up a Wii recently.

And yes, exactly Darlan.

Rehab on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ok... how the fuck do you fish in zelda?

i cannot figure it out

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Barcardi wrote: »
    ok... how the fuck do you fish in zelda?

i cannot figure it out

Press B to cast and when you have a bite just pull the Wiimote back toward you.

There is also a way to get bait but I won't give that away if you just started playing.

Rehab on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Guys, you were so focused on the word that you didn't look at the big picture. The point is, he doesn't deserve to BITCH. Jesus.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    WII GET!

Damn, it feels good typing that.

Mr Peepers on
  • Options
    atf487atf487 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am honestly not trying to stealth troll here, but...

I never would have guessed that this thread would still exist. I remember the Wii megathread and everyone saying they weren't even going to bother pre-ordering.

atf487 on
    ATF360.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mr Peepers wrote: »
    WII GET!

Damn, it feels good typing that.

I have soo much Wii envy right now its not funny.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Guys, you were so focused on the word that you didn't look at the big picture. The point is, he doesn't deserve to BITCH. Jesus.

Yeah, and YOU'RE bitching about his (supposed) bitching.

Dumbass.

astroboy on
    My Collection
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    But YOUR the one bitching about him bitching about that other guy that was bitching. Or something like that

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So my brother got two today. At first he camped out at a Circuit City (or rather showed up an hour before opening). At about 1/2 hour before opening they came out, handed the people in line $25 gift cards and had them all write down their contact info. Their shipment had gotten FUBAR'd and they were going to call everyone when the shipment finally came in.

So he rushed over to Toys R Us, got in line (still before opening) and managed to get one. Keep in mind that it's now late April ... he was #62 out of 78, and they sold out instantly. Holy fuck.

Anyhow, as he was leaving Toys R Us and that's when he got the call from Circuit City ... went back and bought another one there with the $25 off. His plan is to sell it on eBay for like $300 or so for a total profit of $75.

Un-freaking-believable how popular this system still is at retail.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »
    So my brother got two today. At first he camped out at a Circuit City (or rather showed up an hour before opening). At about 1/2 hour before opening they came out, handed the people in line $25 gift cards and had them all write down their contact info. Their shipment had gotten FUBAR'd and they were going to call everyone when the shipment finally came in.

So he rushed over to Toys R Us, got in line (still before opening) and managed to get one. Keep in mind that it's now late April ... he was #62 out of 78, and they sold out instantly. Holy fuck.

Anyhow, as he was leaving Toys R Us and that's when he got the call from Circuit City ... went back and bought another one there with the $25 off. His plan is to sell it on eBay for like $300 or so for a total profit of $75.

Slap him in the face and call him a douche. Don't sell that shit for a profit, man. He's part of the problem.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    (snip)

Slap him in the face and call him a douche. Don't sell that shit for a profit, man. He's part of the problem.

If it helps, he was going to sell it for retail price if I could find anybody for him to sell it to, but all my friends who want one have one. So, he's just going to put it up on eBay instead ... probably get about $325 since that seems to be the market value of one there.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

If he's selling it on eBay the market will dictate the price anyway. Even if he put it up for $5 it would probably end up selling for at least $300

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wii got. Sunday morning. Went to Target at 8, then K-Mart just after that. Circuit City at 10 and finally went to Best Buy at 11, where I managed to see people walking to the register with consoles. Nabbed me a Wii and then texted my sis with "I have a Wii in my pants." Since we had just pulled an allnighter watching movies, I figured she'd be dead asleep. Two seconds later, my cell goes off. Needless to say, I went back to my place where she was crashed, picked her up and we went out and got games and a second Wiimote/nunchuck.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only thing I need now is a second nunchuck. I can't seem to find them anywhere. In fact, I went to Best Buy yesterday thinking that they would have some and the entire Wii section was picked over. Nothing left except for some older games...

There were, however, 3 PS3s sitting on the foor, ready to be sold.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png